Cheaper option than GoPro?

dagling

One almost the same spec as gopro in Tesco for 990bht. (HD 1080p, 140deg lens)

Then the SJ4000 wi-fi is about 3,300bht including a huge selection of mounts (also HD 1080p, 140 deg lens).

http://www.seedcamera.com/Digital-Camera/%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%A5%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%87-SJCAM-SJ4000-WiFi-Action-Camera-Full-HD-1080P-Original.html

Need to buy your own memory card, 16GB is about 250bht.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

I love my Contour+ 2 camera...unfortunately they couldn't keep up with GoPro and were out of business or something for a while. It looks like they're up again, but it sure does raise questions about their future longevity.

Here's a vid I shot with it; 720p that was transcoded down to 480p. Ignore my speed; I didn't know that area of BKK.

I've also got a SJ4000, paid about 3400 including 32gb (if I remember correctly) SD card.

Pretty happy with it, tons of RAM mounts included, easy to use, good quality video and cheap enough that I can use and abuse it without worrying too much.

sony hdr as action cameras are a bit cheaper but better. i have one and use it nicely for some time and it is very capable and offer better image and color quality than go pro.

http://www.sony.co.th/productcategory/cam-action-cam?site=hp_en_TH_i

you can find cheaper prices than the link if you look around.

again, if it is a camera which you record your fun and important moments in life, better pay some more and get something with quality that can last longer and most importantly, something that can shoots, records better with greater image and color quality and with a good image stabilizer and greater lens and night shot capability. having a gps and wifi/bluetooth in the camera is handy too.

you pay cheap, you get cheap.

Edited by ll2

sony hdr as action cameras are a bit cheaper but better.

again, if it is a camera which you record your fun and important moments in life, better pay some more and get something with quality that can last longer and most importantly, something that can shoots, records better with greater image and color quality and with a good image stabilizer and greater lens and night shot capability. having a gps and wifi/bluetooth in the camera is handy too.

How long does the battery last on sony action cam?

sony hdr as action cameras are a bit cheaper but better.

How long does the battery last on sony action cam?

with constant use, around 2-3 hours. Mostly enough for a day if you use it for short videos and if it is not constantly working. They threw an extra battery and external battery charger for free when i was buying mine along with many other extras though and i think it is necessary for long rides/shootings.

Sony has just released a new action cam model.

It looks great and capable plus sooo compact. comes with live view remote wrist band but older hdr as 100 and 30 models offer slightly better image quality.

http://www.sony.co.th/product/hdr-az1vr?site=hp_en_TH_i&hpid=hdr-az1vr:model:hub:mainbanner

I hope it is not the smaller and the less battery life. My purpose is to record everything in case of an accident i wouldnt be scammed..

you can get a cheaper handle bar mounted flashlight style cameras powered by battery of the bike as you do not need quality then.

sony hdr as action cameras are a bit cheaper but better. i have one and use it nicely for some time and it is very capable and offer better image and color quality than go pro.

Yeh, but you go mountain biking with expensive and you get broken.

Not all of us are lardbuckets strolling around the park.

Yeh, but you go mountain biking with expensive and you get broken.

Not all of us are lardbuckets strolling around the park.

yeah, everything might get broken if you do accidents. your bicycle might get broken too!

i use this for track days or very spirited rides attached to my helmet and all those vibration, wind etc, it is not broken and with its tough waterproof case, not easy to break it unless a 10 ton lorry passes over it.

Decided to just go and buy the sj4000 yesterday, seems like a nice camera, will be out for a bike ride the following days and post a link with pics/movies here.

One more Q, the camera came with all sorts of tools but one footplate which is with 3m tape, is this really safe to just stick on the bike and put a camera on while driving 130? Just a bit of tape seems odd to me but than, my experience with these things is nil thnx