Thailand backpacker death: Christina Annesley in mystery death on double Brit-murder island

Lite Beer

Lots of wild speculation here, based on what? Koh Tao is a wonderful place and maybe if tourists lose interest, it will be even more relaxing to vacation there. I've noticed that people die everywhere in Thailand, every day, from various causes and some are very nasty deaths. In a nation of 63 million, with millions of foreign tourists, the statistics are pointing to 'not much chance of being killed in Thailand' - as say opposed to Mexico or Brazil. From what I see first hand, from the general behavior of a percentage of foreign tourists, there is a larger amount of 'risky' behavior. Risky can mean lots of different things but personally, I don't expect to be able to behave as if there are no 'limits', while on 'vacation'.

We don't need more apologists for Tao. It is a dark, rank place, disguised as paradise. Sure, it is a pretty place. But, beneath the surface, it is a horrible place, ruled by a few vicious overlords, who are stuck in the 13th century. And the lack of law and order makes them incredibly dangerous people to deal with. All tourists are walking on glass the entire time they are on Tao. The slightest provocation can lead to immediate death. There are a few punk gangsters, who have been allowed to commit serial murder, and who come from super rich, piglet families who are totally above the law. All law. Government law, army law, all law. So, what results with a situation like that? Super rich punk ass murderers who have impunity. Not a place I need to spend time. I have been there over 10 times over the years, and I will never go back. Ever. And I am trying to convince every living soul to not go within 10 km. of that crime infested sewer of an island. Stay away. Forever. The risks on Tao are high. Unless you keep yourself locked up in your room. And if you do go, steer clear of every Thai man you can. Many are involved in some pretty dark stuff.

Your post suggests you have vast knowledge of the alleged underworld on this island and what criminal activities they are engaged in. It also suggests that you have vast knowledge of those involved. I do not have a clue, as I have never been there but from your post it appears you have gained your knowledge over ten visits, and possibly from what you have read and have maybe heard, secondhand. Does all this make you an expert?

So, as one who is not an apologist and has absolutely no idea of what goes on there, are you willing to provide proof to sustain you allegations and, in turn, convince me never to go there. The disturbing thing I find about your post is that you are tainting every Thai male there, providing a scurrilous description of the entire island and its inhabitants, none of whom you would not dare to name; making allegations as to serial killers and allegedly know that certain families are above the law

This may well be the case, but I think if you want people to stay away then by you showing your intense hatred for the island and its people is not the right way to go about it, and you want to make such defamatory allegations then you should, at least, provide evidence to sustain what you state. Otherwise, your post will be just looked upon as another TVF rant and a very poor one at that.

TV rant it may be but lets face it, the spate of strange deaths on this tiny island (pop'n 1,382 in 2006 census) plus multiple reports of a nasty mafia style operations there seem to indicate there is more to this place than meets the eye. The question is: How many more strange deaths of seemingly healthy young tourists will be passed off as natural deaths, suicides or accidents before some real, unbiased investigation is undertaken? My guess is that the deaths will continue and nothing will be done about it. Simply because the place is a lawless fiefdom controlled by 5 local families where even outside investigations from mainland and national police can be controlled. Personally, I would advise ALL foreigners who do not have a deep understanding of the "Thai ways", to stay out of that place. One wrong move, it seems, and you can be found hanging from a rope or drowned in the ocean and your families can be certain that the police will not investigate. Mark my words...there will be more unexplained/strange deaths this year.

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

could be accidental overdose... you slowly lose track of how many pills you have taken as you drink alcohol.

interesting she was traveling alone. is this correct? a 23 year old woman with provocative photos of her cleavage on twitter, drinking and doing drugs on death island. one of her tweets talked about a fight in a bar between two men over her.

was she drunk and alone in a bar on the island?

did she give her twitter info to anyone on the island? her account was a stalkers dream come true. alone, photos, location, drinking, under the influence of drugs.

why would a person will any political ambitions tweet about drinking and taking pills?

she was found naked?

i hope they check to see if she had intercourse prior to her death.

Edited by NCC1701A

You know it's getting bad when news of one death blends to another. And even when the poster explains which particular death is being referred to. The reader is still confused as there are 2 or 3 deaths which sound the same as the one being refered to. Madness

I didn't speculate anything or even say anything excepts share some her own words the week before she died which shows drugs she was taking.

Then again speculating to you might be the official reports too if they don't say what you want them to.

But for some reason you didn't quote the post saying two men had been in a fight over her. Why? Did it not fit with your version of the "facts?"

The goings on in Koh Tao need independent, external investigation. There are too many suspicious deaths. This just being the latest.

Condolences to the family of the deceased. I hope they get clear answers of what happened.

I didn't quote that and many others -- you really have to be far out there to suggest there is anything about a bar fight that should be considered in a death where NOTHING is even being reported as being suspicious about the death or that there was ANY injuries or that there is ANY suggestion of foul play beyond the norm conspiracy theorists.

But what we do have is the mother stating there was no foul play and she died of Natural Causes -- while I think it possible mom could possibly using the word natural causes in the wrong way she is very clear in communicating she wasn't killed by another. But of course shameful and embarrassingly ignorant at times paranoid and often dellusional social media detectives would know more than mom who has communicated with authorities and knew her daughter who stated publicly she was taking illicit drugs and then bought expensive antibiotics before passing.

So yes it only makes sense to focus on a bar fight and make up ridiculous speculative reasons about a death despite what seems clear a mother's wish not to make this a spectacle just as the families of the two murdered victims requested an made clear in much kinder words that the conspiracy nuts don't know the fact like they do after speaking to UK Investigators and Thai Authorities and the conspiracy theorist should shut the hell up and stop defending blindly the two people who they are confident murdered their kids .... but just like that case, and this girls desk some people simply have no shame or any level of self-respect for themselves and how foolish they sound.

Mom who is 6000 miles away you have no problem in believing. Yet the kid who was killed on new years day 2014, His mother said she believed he was murdered and she was on the island at the time. Her you don't believe.

Read your post 485 and tell us why one woman is an ignoramous for believing her son was killed an the other isn't.

Edited by berybert

I didn't quote that and many others -- you really have to be far out there to suggest there is anything about a bar fight that should be considered in a death where NOTHING is even being reported as being suspicious about the death or that there was ANY injuries or that there is ANY suggestion of foul play beyond the norm conspiracy theorists.

But what we do have is the mother stating there was no foul play and she died of Natural Causes -- while I think it possible mom could possibly using the word natural causes in the wrong way she is very clear in communicating she wasn't killed by another. But of course shameful and embarrassingly ignorant at times paranoid and often dellusional social media detectives would know more than mom who has communicated with authorities and knew her daughter who stated publicly she was taking illicit drugs and then bought expensive antibiotics before passing.

So yes it only makes sense to focus on a bar fight and make up ridiculous speculative reasons about a death despite what seems clear a mother's wish not to make this a spectacle just as the families of the two murdered victims requested an made clear in much kinder words that the conspiracy nuts don't know the fact like they do after speaking to UK Investigators and Thai Authorities and the conspiracy theorist should shut the hell up and stop defending blindly the two people who they are confident murdered their kids .... but just like that case, and this girls desk some people simply have no shame or any level of self-respect for themselves and how foolish they sound.

Mom who is 6000 miles away you have no problem in believing. Yet the kid who was killed on new years day 2014, His mother said she believed he was murdered and she was on the island at the time. Her you don't believe.

Read your post 485 and tell us why one woman is an ignoramous for believing her son was killed an the other isn't.

The mother of the latest death victim may know more than all conspiracy theorist on this forum all together.

The mother who who's son died 1 January 2014, started to believe he was murdered 10 months after his dead, after mental sick people on social media claimed that everyone who dies on Koh Tao is murdered.

Edited by Anthony5

Ko Tao Death Toll (since Sep 2014)

Witheridge/Miller (GB) Sep

Woman (N) 22 Dec (boating accident: struck by propeller, drowned)

Nick Pearson (GB) 1 Jan (fell off a 15 m cliff and drowned)

Hanspeter Suter (CH) 10 Nov (Snorkelling accident/drowning)

Dimitri Povse (F) 13 Jan (suicide with hands tied behind back)

Annesley (GB) 21 Jan (pending)

There were also reports of a young British man called Sam Austin from the Bristol area dying on Koh Tao in the same time period. That story sort of vanished after first reports.

nick didnt "fell off a cliff" without his shoes and hat, on the other side of the island. those that knew him know he never leave a building without a hat.... even when hes completely wasted. if he did ... walk bare feet for kilometers... why did he have on one sock? why is there no cctv footage of him doing so?

Does any one have the facts to this case, I think not, and thats why the headline is Mystery Death.

Try and stay calm until facts emerge.

After two weeks of steady hard drinking as I read here yesterday I am not surprised that she is not among the living. The young must do everything to excess and sometimes it has consequences. They like to think they are invincible but they are not. RIP

British backpacker found dead on Thai tourist island
Agence France-Presse

KOH TAO: -- A British backpacker has been discovered dead on the popular Thai tourist island of Koh Tao, police said Friday, four months after a British couple were found murdered there.

Police said the body of Christina Annesley, 23, was discovered inside a bungalow room at a resort on the eastern side of the island on Wednesday.

There were no immediate signs of criminal activity but her body will be sent to the mainland for an autopsy.

"There was no trace of a fight and her body has no wounds," local police officer Lieutenant Colonel Napa Senathit told AFP by telephone, adding that investigators discovered three kinds of medicine in her room, but no recreational drugs.

The autopsy is not likely to be carried out before Sunday as officials have to wait for a ferry to the mainland.

"There is no ferry today so we will send her body on Saturday night to arrive on the mainland Sunday morning," Lieutenant Colonel Napa said.

Many of Annesley’s final tweets -- under the handle @chrstinadarling -- spoke of the beauty of Koh Tao’s white sand beaches and azure waters which are popular backpackers and divers.

"In awe of how beautiful this place is," she wrote on January 19, posting a picture of one of the island’s many beaches.

She also made reference to taking both Tramadol, a painkiller, and Valium, an anti-anxiety medication, in the days leading up to her death.

British daily The Telegraph said Christina’s mother Margaret had posted on her daughter’s Facebook page saying she had died of "natural causes". The Facebook page appeared to be inaccessible Friday.

"We have lost our beautiful daughter Chrissie in Thailand of natural causes," the paper reported her writing.

"We are totally devastated. We love you so much darling, rest in peace. We will bring you home soon xxxxxxxxxx Mum and Dad."

Last year Koh Tao was rocked by the double murder of two young British backpackers.

Zaw Lin and Win Zaw Tun -- both Burmese nationals -- have been charged with the murder of David Miller, 24, and the rape and murder of Hannah Witheridge, 23.

Their trial is expected in July. If found guilty they could face the death penalty, in a case that cast a pall over Thailand’s tourist industry.

The defendants, both aged 21, confessed to the crimes after their arrest in October but later retracted the confession, alleging it had been extracted under duress.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/British-backpacker-found-dead-on-Thai-tourist-isla-30252529.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-01-23

This is the most critical moment - and look how the details have already been covered up.
found dead but no details released at this time?
How convenient as they have a few hours to scrub the body of DNA and hide any evidence before they release the 'suicide story' or some other crap.

What's a "Libertarian", mommy?

Why, that's a Hypocritical, Ayn Randian, austerity-loving, misery junkie who's looking for a political philosophy to justify their own selfishness...

Asi, nombre que puede, but unless you are getting paid by the word, you could have just said ich mensch.

I know that the Mum tweeted that her daughter died of natural causes but that was as a result of a call from the Foreign Office (apparently) where she was told such.

Yes the mother is just an ignorant fool who got a call and said your young daughter died of natural causes and she just accepted it and made a public statement of such.

Now lets step back to reality and consider is the mother really this ignorant and lacking concern about her own daughter or is it social media detectives who are the ignorant ones whose care is there own agenda which clearly for some is racism and trying to make them feel superior towards others they feel incredibly insecure.

Seems like complete illogical and nonsensical and uniformed wild speculation and just down right disrespectful to suggest the mother is this ignorant and unconcerned about the cause of her daughters death.

What is great about being completely disconnected from reason and reality is you're able to continue to believe and state what you want despite logic and fact. So no matter what facts come out you can always say they are lies, there is a cover-up , it is a conspiracy, UK detectives were no match for the clever Thais, the mother is stupid, the son of a tiny island headsman hacked the girls twitter and wrote those posts about illegal drug use and buying expensive antibiotics in the days before she died just like somehow he was able to get the semen of two illegal immigrants into the body of a women he raped and killed.

I'm sorry John, I didn't know you were in contact with the poor girls mother and that you know her and her state of mind.

If you aren't, isn't what you are doing right now speculations, quite vivid ones at that.

The rest is just nonsense as an effort to throw people off the track.

By the way, you don't think your efforts to clear Koh Tao and some peoples suspicions that something shady happened to Christina, have actually fueled the whole discussion here on TV?

Strange actions on your part as you seem like a very articulate person and somewhat intelligent person and then you are doing the very same thing you are accusing others for but in your case, you are playing the devils advocate.

If you really cared for the population on Koh Tao as well as the tourists or myanmar people dying on the island or in the proximity waters around the island, wouldn't you want to turn every stone in order for the islands families to clear their names from any wrong doings, as well as any other person working, living on the island?

Again there's a few questions to answer for the authorities that's absolutely not clear, please don't make the mistake of referring to Christina's twitter or facebook. That doesn't prove shit and you know that.

A real autopsy made by people not threatened or under influence from police or locals has to be done. Don't you agree? What her mother feels I think I know as I too have lost a child, in my case my son was 27. So you see, Christina's mother are in shock right now and most probably completely shattered, I sat crying for two days myself before being able to deal with reality. Some people take longer time, others snap out of it quicker but I can assure you, it's absolutely the worst experience a person can get and still after two years, I find myself sitting lost in my own thoughts sometimes, thinking about my son and missing him with every fiber in my body. DON'T assume that you know how her mother feels like and how rational she is right now, unless you have the same experience and if you have, are you completely stupid and without empathy?

This is the most critical moment - and look how the details have already been covered up.

found dead but no details released at this time?

How convenient as they have a few hours to scrub the body of DNA and hide any evidence before they release the 'suicide story' or some other crap.

Well no they used the suicide excuse so many times now,It's not acceptable.

Oh no, the new story is; she had 3 bottles of pills that were not empty in her room. And with no examination, she has obviously died of natural causes. Probably as a result of taking too many and drinking. That was probably decided not 1 hour after her death. And come hell or high water. That will be the verdict after her examination and toxology report on Monday.

The mother of the latest death victim may know more than all conspiracy theorist on this forum all together.

The mother who who's son died 1 January 2014, started to believe he was murdered 10 months after his dead, after mental sick people on social media claimed that everyone who dies on Koh Tao is murdered.

The mother of this young lady would no nothing except what comes from police. She has not even been taken to the hospital yet for autopsy. How could anybody know how this death happened? Including the police speculation.

Edited by dcutman

That's a blunt LIE, she believed it directly after when she found out her son was dead.

"..double Brit-murder island."

Koh Tao gets a name make-over but not Phuket? Seems unfair somehow. sad.png

That's because Phuket sees a murder, suicide or accidental death of a foreigner practically every week, the novelty wore off long ago.

Now, one double murder in Koh Tao ten or so years after the last murder of a foreigner there and all of the sudden it's Thailand's "Death Island".

The mother of this young lady would no nothing except what comes from police. She has not even been taken to the hospital yet for autopsy. How could anybody know how this death happened? Including the police speculation.

You should have a talk with the people that not only know how the death happened, they know it was a murder, who did, how he did it, why he did it and that he is going to do it again because he's done it before.

They should contact NSY or the FBI to teach them how it's done.

UPDATE:

Police Rule Out Murder For Briton Found Dead on Koh Tao

By Khaosod English

SURAT THANI — A senior police officer has insisted that the 23-year-old British tourist who died on the southern island of Koh Tao this week was not murdered, in response to early comparisons being drawn to the two British backpackers murdered on the island last year.

The woman, who British media have identified as Christina Annesley, was found dead on Wednesday in her bungalow on Haat Sai Ri Beach, the same beach that the battered bodies of British tourists David Miller, 24, and Hannah Witheridge, 23, were found on in September 2014.

Annseley’s body was found by staff at the resort where she was staying, said Pol.Lt.Col. Chokechai Sutthimek, superintendent of Koh Tao Police Station. A cleaning worker went to check her room after she failed to show up at the reception desk on the day she was scheduled to check out, Pol.Lt.Col. Chokechai said.

"At this moment, we do not know the cause of her death. We did not find any assault on her body or signs of rummaging in her room. None of her belongings appear to be missing," said the officer from Koh Tao Police Station, which was established last year to provide more security on the island following the murders of Miller and Witheridge.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1421998549

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-01-23

'died of natural causes after seeking treatment for a chest infection.'

not buying it .. ! people rarely die of chest infection if ever ....

Four million deaths a year from pneumonia is not what I'd call rare, nor 200.000 or so deaths from overdosing.

Not that it has been stablished that either one was the cause of death, but both are much more likely than death by murder, specially in view of absolutely no indication whatsoever that there has been a murder.