Pre Opp Vs Post Opp

kasi

I've got some australian pals who like to hang out on soi katoy there on bangla road. They are not overtly gay by any stretch of the imagination. I have been along on several occasions and find the katoy scene very intriguing. Some are like amplified women, feminine traits exagerated. Some are pre opp and some post. Now I find it hard to draw the line of who is a man and who is a woman. Is a transexual still a man just because of a penis? Does he become a she when they lop it off? Some of the most feminine katoy's I've seen still have thier penises. But they truly seem like women. So far none of them have turned me on. I still prefer the sweet perhaps slightly flawed bar girl.

So anyway some of my pals have sex with these girls/katoys. Are they gay? They sure dont think of themselves as gay.

Am I gay because I find the katoy interesting or am I a homophobe because I'm not interested in having sex with them? umm that is the question.

Guest IT Manager

Members, I have to apologise. Following a PM from mr kasi, "accusing" me of being gay, as if it were a crime, I have come to the conclusion, that his input is probably something thaivisa can manage without.

I am unsure of why he even began the assault on members generally, but I am sure that I am over them.

Accordingly, I have suspeneded his account for 7 days to consider options.

IT/Admin

I guess I'm graduallly forming the answer to my own question.

That I look at the katoy as a form of art. Some really quite beautifull. Do I want to have sex with one? No. Much in the same way I would'nt want to have sex with a Botero on The Champs Elysees.

The only thing I'm not really sure about is whether this makes me a closet homosexual or a homophobe or both? :o

Kasi:

Often, people who are not indentified as gay, who are clearly rather OBSESSED with the subject (and this includes active, violent homophobes which I am not saying you are) are repressed homosexuals. My impression from seeing your various posts is that you should work these things out with either a THERAPIST or a SYMPATHETIC SEX WORKER. I don't think your ramblings are helpful in the context of this board.

Kasi:

Often, people who are not indentified as gay, who are clearly rather OBSESSED with the subject (and this includes active, violent homophobes which I am not saying you are) are repressed homosexuals. My impression from seeing your various posts is that you should work these things out with either a THERAPIST or a SYMPATHETIC SEX WORKER. I don't think your ramblings are helpful in the context of this board.

Well said...

See ya later kasi.

Thaivisa isn't about censorship, it is about community, and for some, Family. Please do not think banning someone who expresses himself like kasi does is censorship in the dictatorial sense of the word, it is about keeping this forum user friendly.

kasi had his chance, he did not have to post in this forum yet he chose to, why? we think it is because he had/has a bone to pick with people who are not of his ilk.

Lets not worry about what the likes of him have to say, we all know who we are and why we are who we are :D .

IT. he is too mean to be gay :o And I have a feeling the gay community would not accept him anyhow :D:D:D

I suppose it was unkind of me to bring up a topic that challenges the very core of a certain belief system. My intentions are not to be mean or unkind. But on the other hand niether am I looking to be accepted and loved by everyone. :D

Its was illuminating how quickly I was sillenced and the flat out lie that was used to justify my being muzzled. To discuss this topic is clearly a forum taboo. I suppose I'm oppening myself up for further insults and or suspension.

I just needed to point out the hypocrisy which lurks behind this. I will refrain from making any further comments in this area.

It will be interresting to see if the admistrators will have the grace to allow me the last word here though I'm probably asking for the impossible. :o

I once had my picture taken with the Queen of Bugis Street and some of her girlfriends. The katoey scene in Singapore at that time was a site to behold.

Still have that pic around somewhere... :o

BTW, she/he was a FOX!

• 4 weeks later...

I don't quite understand the flow of this thread. Perhaps some posts got deleted or this is prior history that I'm not privy to.

Kasi brings up some interesting points.

If forced to label myself, I would call myself straight. I've also been with quite a few Thai ladyboys. Now I know some of you can flame me for calling myself straight and have a little fun at my expense.

I suspect that some guys would like to sample a ladyboy but are so conditioned that one is either straight or gay that they can't bring themselves to doing anything that could be considered gay. There are probably guys outthere who would be more embarased about their friends finding out that they did it with a ladyboy than if they did it with sheep.

I am drawn to female sexual energy. Most but not all ladyboys put out loads of female energy. I find it a real turn on to be with these ladyboys, who act like a woman but have male equipment.

Now I suppose this makes me bisexual but I'm not really hung up about labels.

I'm comfortable with who I am. I also admit that I don't need the grief of telling my buddies back home that I enjoy being with ladyboys as I have no desire to being the butt of their jokes.

I think that many guys who like ladyboys are not attracted to guys back home and are not attracted to guys in drag. So back home we go with women. And then in Thailand we indulge in a kink that's unavailable back home.

For guys that are interested in ladyboys there is an excellent Yahoo group that's all about Thai ladyboys. Check it out!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/questionablegirlsofthailand/

Obviously there are some posts missing because I find Kasi question to be utterly reasonable. I have always been a little confused about the attraction of men to Lady boys. Sometimes we poofs can be a little to precious for our own good. If a few "insults" lead to a better understanding, surely that is not a bad thing.

The topic of Lady boys surely just goes to prove that taken away from the strict codes of practice in a European country like England, people find they are more inclined to experiment with their sexuality.

Farangguy, I think the idea of drag does not convey the femininity necessary for the "straight" guys who like Lady Boys. There are however some very convincing European sex changes but of course they tend to lead more secrative lives or hide in the gay scene.

One look at the papers that carry personal coloumns will show you that there are quite a few people who induldge these fanasies at home. I just wonder how many discovered this attraction in Thailand!

Personally I'll stick with the "straight" boys who like to help out when we are busy ... :o

I'm back again and am glad to see that this thread got going again.

I'm looking forward to getting back to patong beach where this question first occured to me.

I find the thai katoy scene to be definately an intriging art form while remembering they're still essentially bar girls in it for the money.

I'd gotten crossways with ######. He took exeption to my questioning of Alfred Kinsey's philosophy in another topic. I never assaulted or abused anyone on this board, while I was privy to a barrage of insults. We all know where he was coming from now. In addition to being what he is ,he is also a liar. You cant have a discusion with a guy like that when he holds the button that make you go away.

"you can fool some of the people some of the time, but you cant fool all the people all the time".

Its all pretty amusing now. :o:D:D

I'm back again and am glad to see that this thread got going again.

I'm looking forward to getting back to patong beach where this question first occured to me.

I find the thai katoy scene to be definately an intriging art form while remembering they're still essentially bar girls in it for the money.

I'd gotten crossways with ######. He took exeption to my questioning of Alfred Kinsey's philosophy in another topic. I never assaulted or abused anyone on this board, while I was privy to a barrage of insults. We all know where he was coming from now. In addition to being what he is ,he is also a liar. You cant have a discusion with a guy like that when he holds the button that make you go away.

"you can fool some of the people some of the time, but you cant fool all the people all the time".

Its all pretty amusing now. :o:D:D

If your opinion differed from his you got offside and normally got insulting posts back