Former Thai PM Yingluck to face criminal corruption charge: attorney general

webfact

Reform, reconciliation and happiness are just pointless words aren't they. Her primary crime is being elected by those "buffalos" who dared to think they may be entitled to a voice in their own country.

And please, no Chang fuelled barroom theorising or claims that she wasn't elected. Only a fool would claim such (although these forums seem to host a few who claim so over and over).

No, her primary crime was believing for one second that with zero experience, she could be the Prime Minister of Thailand.

Ego, stupidity, greed, coercion...whatever it was that made her make that ridiculous decision sealed her fate.

It was doomed from the beginning. Anyone that believes that just because she was "democratically" elected somehow gave her superpowers to be PM is a fool.

A housewife as PM. Really? Clownshoes.

Housewives and soldiers don't really make a good P.M. One cries under pressure and the other throws temper tantrums and spits the dummy. Both should still be at creche together as politics is way out of thier league.

"Housewives and soldiers don't really make a good P.M."

attachicon.gifiron.jpg attachicon.gifike.jpg

Housewife. Soldier

Thatcher was forced out of office, because of incompetency remember? Besides that, she rode the waves of the short lived UK oil boom, and wasted the proceeds on the Falklands and populist policies, leaving the coffers empty y the time she was ousted.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Costas2008, on 23 Jan 2015 - 06:18, said:

I don't like Yingluck, not because of herself, after all she is a not so bright, presentable lady, an ideal woman in my opinion, but for the damage she has caused to her country as a PM.

I don't think she will ever go to jail and I don't wish so, but this will be a good warning to all future politicians attempting to bribe the nation for their own benefit.

Wow!!! Not even close, my yellow shirt fried! Yingluck is brighter than most and I'm sure that this includes you. Many regimes have caused as much financial damage or more than her's and this is especially true for all the juntas. It does not take a keen eye for the obvious to see what is happening here. The minority yellow shirt elite (or whatever they call themselves now) want to rule Thailand forever! They make charges and the judiciary (and now the government) are their people to make whatever laws they desire to keep in power. Anybody that challenges them are jailed or threatened with jail so they will leave the country and no longer be a problem. I am truly amazed that you fail to grasp this. I guess you have not been here long enough yet!!!

YL is brighter than most? LMAO cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 2

if, and that is a big if, she believes what she said, 'democracy died today' and if she wants to do something that only she can do for democracy in Thailand, then she does not do what the junta wants (flee), but she stays, fights and loses - because she will lose - and she becomes a political martyr and uses that platform of martyrdom to expose the ruling elites and their military allies for what they are.

Funny, but Thaksin had the perfect opportunity to do just that, but he blew it.

And do you honestly believe there is even a slim possibility little sister will do the right thing and martyr herself ?

Democracy did not die today, it has not breathed life since crooked politicians started buying votes and intimidating opposition voters.

I bet Yingluck does not even know the meaning of the word "democracy".

Thaksin, apparently, would never sacrifice himself for any ideal. That he is in the game for himself is perfectly clear.

Personally, I don't know what perspective Yingluck has nor do I have any idea what she might do.

But the world presents opportunities and it is up to us to grab them. She seems to be getting handed such an opportunity.

Obviously, I disagree with your last paragraph about which faction in Thailand has killed democracy in Thailand. Hint, they have tanks.

I cannot believe some reactions here. Is everybody here so naive?

This is all part of a plan, going on for months, what, even years. Corruption? Yes, but then put every politician in jail. The truth is, like it or not, even if votes has been bought by the reds, to get elected, the yellows (just to put it simple for everybody) have been doing exactly the same, but then could not get elected.

Worse, like or hate Taksin, he gave an alternative, good or bad, to give the people an alternative to an "aristocratic" class, keeping the power in their hands at any cost. Privileging, an "upper class", that would do everything to keep the power in the hands of an elite. But with a cleaver opponent, they not succeed to get elected for a long time. And even if bribing is involved (and believe me both parties can plead guilty) , it is just that poor people, who had no chances to get any improvement, still prefer to vote for the people of Taksin.

If Yingluck, is impeached, put to trial, because she harmed the country, let every yellow short put to trial too especially their leader who has faced criminal charges in the past for..... corruption! A man, full of his own glory, that not hesitated to parelize on several occasions for months, costing the country also a fortune. But on every level! Tourism, economy, social life, name it! And these kind of actions are repeated with every new government installed. Forgotten, the action on the international airport, that almost made Thai airways broke? And for what? Because of corruption that is available enough in their own ranks? No! Going against their own people interest, just because they find no way to gain power, by the only way supposed : ELECTION.

And now after risking even civil war, their friends The Military, take over, to again, wipe out the opponent. And they hope for good, every time, so they finally can rule the country again for the end of times. They only hope to win elections, is not that corruption is gone, but the fear of people, that voting will not advance anything, as the yellows will put everything in work to rule the country, elections or not.

So if you think I favor the red shirt, you are also wrong. At least they are elected, in a corrupted system, that is corrupted from both side, but they get the votes. So instead eliminating the opponent, by take overs, and military actions, well find a way to get elected and be smarter then the opponent. Don't put the country in chaos, but prepare to counter, when the time of elections has come. But for me both parties are corrupted, but only one side seems to get punished for it.

Wow!!! Not even close, my yellow shirt fried! Yingluck is brighter than most and I'm sure that this includes you. Many regimes have caused as much financial damage or more than her's and this is especially true for all the juntas. It does not take a keen eye for the obvious to see what is happening here. The minority yellow shirt elite (or whatever they call themselves now) want to rule Thailand forever! They make charges and the judiciary (and now the government) are their people to make whatever laws they desire to keep in power. Anybody that challenges them are jailed or threatened with jail so they will leave the country and no longer be a problem. I am truly amazed that you fail to grasp this. I guess you have not been here long enough yet!!!

Same way of thinking, much less words wasted.

Edited by indieke
  • Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Think NLA performed in the most honest way of any Thai Gov't, in many years, by impeaching Yingluck & not Somsak & Nikom.

Hopefully both sides of political divide & Thai people will accept what has occurred & allow the country to reconcile & re-unite.

I dont know where you got the warped since of idea that its fair?? But, sadly it has nothing to do with fair.....

What other country in the world impeaches its leader because of failed policy?? Answer is they dont! They use their democratic power and vote them and their party out of office! You guys live in a strange world here on TV....

But then again this is not nor ever been a true democracy. The military and royalist have ruled since creation....and still do.

Don't undestand "...got the warped since.."?, presume you mean sense? Your correct in saying it has nothing to do with "fair"; didn't use "fair" in my comment. I said they performed in an "honest way", which is different to fair. Can be honest without being fair!

You ask what other country would impeach b/c of failed policy? The US, UK, recently Spain to name a few.

Need to get your facts straight if you're going to be critical, otherwise don't say anything!!

Ok then its not honest

And NO you are incorrect the US would never impeach over a failed policy....never have never would. And neither would either of the other countries either. What are you thinking? Man o man where did you come up with that crap?

No, her primary crime was believing for one second that with zero experience, she could be the Prime Minister of Thailand.

Ego, stupidity, greed, coercion...whatever it was that made her make that ridiculous decision sealed her fate.

It was doomed from the beginning. Anyone that believes that just because she was "democratically" elected somehow gave her superpowers to be PM is a fool.

A housewife as PM. Really? Clownshoes.

Housewives and soldiers don't really make a good P.M. One cries under pressure and the other throws temper tantrums and spits the dummy. Both should still be at creche together as politics is way out of thier league.

"Housewives and soldiers don't really make a good P.M."

attachicon.gifiron.jpg attachicon.gifike.jpg

Housewife. Soldier

Thatcher was forced out of office, because of incompetency remember? Besides that, she rode the waves of the short lived UK oil boom, and wasted the proceeds on the Falklands and populist policies, leaving the coffers empty y the time she was ousted.

Thatcher was also instrumental, along with Reagan and Gorbachev in bringing the Soviet Union to its knees and breaking the wall.

Karma ---

The biggest problem with Thailand is corrupt Thai people. Especially those in high Govt/business/police positions who believe the law doesn't apply to them.

Thanks to social media which has helped to uncover these bad and illegal practices.

I worked in Thailand back in 2005/06 during her brother's coup days in the Law Enforcement sector.

Our regular discussions on Thailand & the Thai Govt included "Thailand has the potential to be a great country leader in the Southeast Asia Int'l Business community but would be brought down by it's own hands via corruption".

Summary --- Not sure if Ms. Yingluck was corrupt or just ignorant. She was a puppet for her brother, who failed her and has also been banned.

Edited by lcp0761

It serves no purpose to jail this lady, guilty or not it will just cause more division.... suggest impound all of all family assets/ companies to pay back part of the debt and allow her to make a one way trip to join her brother and then go ahead with trial........

Whilst i don't like what her and her brother stand/ stood for if the junta starts jailing every politician for corruption both past and current then the jails will bust at the seams.....

Jailing Yingluck will only serve to create more divide between the rural and urban classes....

Mind you I would like to be a fly on the wall with the latest phone conversations with her brother

Bro.. you said it would all work, that it would be fine.. now look at the mess Im In

Calm yourself sis......it would have all worked if you had followed my plan and passed through the reconciliation bill without letting the public know

Think NLA performed in the most honest way of any Thai Gov't, in many years, by impeaching Yingluck & not Somsak & Nikom.

Hopefully both sides of political divide & Thai people will accept what has occurred & allow the country to reconcile & re-unite.

I dont know where you got the warped since of idea that its fair?? But, sadly it has nothing to do with fair.....

What other country in the world impeaches its leader because of failed policy?? Answer is they dont! They use their democratic power and vote them and their party out of office! You guys live in a strange world here on TV....

But then again this is not nor ever been a true democracy. The military and royalist have ruled since creation....and still do.

Don't undestand "...got the warped since.."?, presume you mean sense? Your correct in saying it has nothing to do with "fair"; didn't use "fair" in my comment. I said they performed in an "honest way", which is different to fair. Can be honest without being fair!

You ask what other country would impeach b/c of failed policy? The US, UK, recently Spain to name a few.

Need to get your facts straight if you're going to be critical, otherwise don't say anything!!

Im saying something....

Definition of impeachment:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment

This is not what happened today. Today was anything but impeachment it was an illegal act with no constitutional basis. It was done by a bigger corrupt group of people of which 100 members are military people. W.T.F. where is fairness in that? Come on facts brother. It was their job to overthrow her, of course they vote for it. The country is so <deleted> politically they televised the vote counting but wouldnt televise her statement to the group. Where's the "fairness" there brother? Come on facts!

US, UK and Spain has never had a successful impeachment of a president/PM. In fact Spain's constitution I believe does not allow for it. Fact come on brother!

You need to read the definition and tell me anywhere in there does it describe what happened today. Come on facts man!

This has been and continues to be a witch hunt plain and simple. These <deleted>.up military generals (not unlike Burma) think this is the remedy. It isnt because the people will rise again and elect a leader, not a general. Its their country and right, not the military's.

One day soon the cult will be broken and all hell will turn lose

Edited by 2fishin2

The very first thing that should be actioned, is to take away her passport(s).

Will they? I doubt it.

Sorry I can't remember the specifics. Didn't Thaksin get a passport from another country? The Maldives maybe? >>

Macadonia

Im saying something....

This is not what happened today. Today was anything but impeachment it was an illegal act with no constitutional basis. It was done by a bigger corrupt group of people of which 100 members are military people. W.T.F. where is fairness in that? Come on facts brother. It was their job to overthrow her, of course they vote for it. The country is so <deleted> politically they televised the vote counting but wouldnt televise her statement to the group. Where's the "fairness" there brother? Come on facts!

US, UK and Spain has never had a successful impeachment of a president/PM. In fact Spain's constitution I believe does not allow for it. Fact come on brother!

You need to read the definition and tell me anywhere in there does it describe what happened today. Come on facts man!

This has been and continues to be a witch hunt plain and simple. These <deleted>.up military generals (not unlike Burma) think this is the remedy. It isnt because the people will rise again and elect a leader, not a general. Its their country and right, not the military's.

The Wikipedia definition is as good a definition as any. The description fits the actions that occurred former PM Yingluck was found guilty of negligence & dereliction of duty by the Gov't of the day. My original comment was simply saying the members of the NLA did acted honestly in a difficult circumstance.

Yingluck & her Gov't let down the very people they were elected to assist & they rorted them through their own greed & corruption.

Within the same Wikipedia definition piece, it cites two impeachments in US, Clinton & President johnson in mid 1800's. Nixon was to be impeached but resigned before it occurred; beat the bullet!! In the UK, a move was made to impeach Tony Blair over his commitment to the Iraq war, the move failed.

Never say never!! Our views are different & you're using strong language over something we have no control/influence. .....Agree to disagree!!!

• Like 1

Im saying something....

The Wikipedia definition is as good a definition as any. The description fits the actions that occurred former PM Yingluck was found guilty of negligence & dereliction of duty by the Gov't of the day. My original comment was simply saying the members of the NLA did acted honestly in a difficult circumstance.

Yingluck & her Gov't let down the very people they were elected to assist & they rorted them through their own greed & corruption.

Within the same Wikipedia definition piece, it cites two impeachments in US, Clinton & President johnson in mid 1800's. Nixon was to be impeached but resigned before it occurred; beat the bullet!! In the UK, a move was made to impeach Tony Blair over his commitment to the Iraq war, the move failed.

Never say never!! Our views are different & you're using strong language over something we have no control/influence. .....Agree to disagree!!!

Agree!

I can not see any point of putting her in some thai hell hole jail.

All they really need is for her not to play in politics any more.

Sure maybe she got her share of the spoils but thats what govt here is all about.

So 5 years ban politics, There won't be an election before most of thats up

anyhow.

There are more political crims out there than her. I say let it be for now else we could cause another revolution.

I should leave it there but, there are people still players in Govt whom have ordered executions and mass shootings of political protesters.

Karma ---

The biggest problem with Thailand is corrupt Thai people. Especially those in high Govt/business/police positions who believe the law doesn't apply to them.

Thanks to social media which has helped to uncover these bad and illegal practices.

I worked in Thailand back in 2005/06 during her brother's coup days in the Law Enforcement sector.

Our regular discussions on Thailand & the Thai Govt included "Thailand has the potential to be a great country leader in the Southeast Asia Int'l Business community but would be brought down by it's own hands via corruption".

Summary --- Not sure if Ms. Yingluck was corrupt or just ignorant. She was a puppet for her brother, who failed her and has also been banned.

don't forget the military in your musings on a corrupt Thailand.

They don't just believe that they are above the law, they actually are above the law.

The powers that be want the Shinawatras out the way, don't be surprised if Yngluck is jailed, I see little resistance from protestors. She was in charge of farmers crops, the responsibility stands on her. She has to accept the outcome of the supreme court even the possibility of a stretch in jail. Her reply to the impeachment that today is the end of democracy is just deflecting the blame.

Some very bright sparks on TV calling the blood of Yingy baby... 10 years in jail my @rse, barred from politics for 5 years at best, even the general ain't that &lt;deleted&gt; dumb...w00t.gif OK maybe... Selfie anyone?

The muppet Suthep and the mad monk caused a lot more damage with their months of lawlessness and insanity, the reconciliation of this country ain't going to happen with Yingy behind bars!

Some very bright sparks on TV calling the blood of Yingy baby... 10 years in jail my @rse, barred from politics for 5 years at best, even the general ain't that <deleted> dumb...w00t.gif OK maybe... Selfie anyone?

The muppet Suthep and the mad monk caused a lot more damage with their months of lawlessness and insanity, the reconciliation of this country ain't going to happen with Yingy behind bars!

Reconciliation? Reform is what the Generals want. The Shinawatras are finished. Their time has come to an end. What better way to celebrate this end of their power than have one on the run and the other in jail. Whose going to stop them? The rural Thais? No they will be called enemies of the rice farmers. If I was Yingluck I'd be looking on a way to get out of Thailand and quick.

• Like 1

Anything to make sure the Junta stays in power for as long as possible if anyone tries to do a populist move help the poor impoverished rural farmers then god help them only the military can help the poor in Thailand.

I see this as a tactic to bring the real criminals out to light. She will deny forever that she didn't do any wrong. Because we all know, she didn't even know what the responsibilities her position entailed. So technically she is right. But taking the highest office in the nation is no trivial matter and not designed for someone claiming ignorance.

She should have read the fine print before signing the contract with the devil.

So the question will be, who did the criminal deeds. Thaksin is ready to sacrifice his pawns to save the queen.