Family Lawyer in Pattaya

living in Patts

Hi All

I want to legitimize my daughter but as she is still young it will have to be done through a court. Has anyone done this procedure and can they recommend a Lawyer preferably family lawyer to do this for me?

In other areas of the forum threads discussing this legal procedure spoke of the process uncontested to cost around 30000 baht however my quotes from Siam Legal and Magna Carta were nearly 3 times as much.

Any relevant information and recommendations is appreciated

Many Thanks

Lawyers here charge varying rates. I wanted a document notarized. The price was from something like 300B all the way up to 2,000B. You'll need to shop around a bit.

I only met this lady one time, but was impressed by what she said. Might be worth a check. Rena at Thai Euro Law. Right opposite Big C South Pattaya, as you head out the door on the North side.

• Like 1

Lawyers here charge varying rates. I wanted a document notarized. The price was from something like 300B all the way up to 2,000B. You'll need to shop around a bit.

Amen to that.

Providers of legal services here are surely high on the list for the imaginative pricing award.

Amen to that.

Providers of legal services here are surely high on the list for the imaginative pricing award.

And imaginary certificates of degrees. whistling.gif

Amen to that.

Have yet to find a competent lawyer in Pattaya, better try Bangkok.

I had mine done in Prachinburi for 10000 baht but using a Thai speaking lawyer so at the hearing I had to use an Thai English interpreter which cost another 2000 baht

If you are still with your babies mother it might be better to let her find a lawyer for you

You will need and English Thai speaker at your first interview but you cannot use the babies mother because she will be interviewed separately from you

• Like 1

May I ask what you mean by "legitimize my daughter" ?

I have two daughters, and am divorced (with a thai lady).

I am on the birth certificate of both, and both of them have Thai and

my countries passports (and have traveled with me oversees several

times).

Do I need to do anything more ?

Thanks,

luudee

I had mine done in Prachinburi for 10000 baht but using a Thai speaking lawyer so at the hearing I had to use an Thai English interpreter which cost another 2000 baht

If you are still with your babies mother it might be better to let her find a lawyer for you

You will need and English Thai speaker at your first interview but you cannot use the babies mother because she will be interviewed separately from you

Hi Offset

Thank for the input, can I ask why in Prachinburi? You got me thinking I might be looking in the wrong area for a lawyer as my partner and daughter are registered at my partners parents house in Buriram.....

Cheers

Hi Offset

Thank for the input, can I ask why in Prachinburi? You got me thinking I might be looking in the wrong area for a lawyer as my partner and daughter are registered at my partners parents house in Buriram.....

Cheers

I think you will find you have to go to the Children's Court in the area that the child is registered in the Blue Book that is why it why I had to go to the Court in Prachinburi