NACC to go after 38 ex-senators and 268 former MPs

Lite Beer

In Australia, crime and misconduct commissions are doing a roaring trade; is it prompted by the desire to clean up or give the appearance, to prevent rioting in the streets?

Politicians are able to use public funds to defend their corruption, which sucks

• Like 1

They are stripping out all potential opposition for the future . No matter how much anyone despise the Shinawatra's , you have to look at what this is leading to.

Yep people that don't let their bias cloud their reasoning see this for what it is. Politicians with an undisputable mandate trying to amend a constitution. What are they thinking.

How could anyone be a politician in the future when merely executing your profession could lead to sanctions.

The Junta are without a doubt a bunch of utterly stupid idiots, the whole world will not take this seriously, only the misguided supporters of the junta see this as legitimate and reasonable.

Quite frankly, I am done discussing, as this is so clearly wrong and people still defending this are either unbelievable stupid or have some sort of agenda.

Best to note, they are not fooling anyone but themselves, utter fools.

In any case, reconciliation, uttered by the dear leader will not work, at the rate he is going the civil war is only gong to be more closer. Of course, reconciliation was never the real goal anyway...

no, reconciliations was never the goal. Nor was / is fighting corruption.

But hand-waving for both will continue.

As I see it, the Elite/military alliance propaganda of 'corrupt politicians' has created the false choice so many here voice, freedom and corruption or martial law and 'order'.

It's a stupid and fake choice, but honestly a lot of Thai people do want to see corruption tackled. If the general, because he has absolute free rein, can make enough people believe that some progress is being made (and assuming these same people are not politically active), then he'll get the green light from them.

If the 'PM' fails at that, he is in trouble.

On the other hand, since fighting corruption is not the goal either, after 5 or 10 years of this situation, everyone will understand that nothing has really changed. Then there might be enough resistance among the general public that they join with the small parts of society that want democratic representation...

As for your 'civil war' comment, well, he hasn't done anything to bring the 2 sides together, has he? And why should he. He doesn't sit on any political fence. He represents one side of the political divide and he has control.

On one hand, it seems like 2006 all over again. On the other hand, it seems like 1980 all over again. Of course it is really 2015, so let's see where this goes.

This is so funny, 286 MP's that all had a electoral mandate being impeached for attempting to change the constitution, yet the current Junta gets away with putting it through the shredder and draft their own, and this without any mandate.

Thailand has really lost it, banana republic, were politicians are cannon fodder.

In any case IF (and that is a very big if) a government would be installed with a clear mandate, the first thing they should do is getting rid of this agency, as they clearly aren't independent and don't have the slightest clue about the provisions in Thailand's constitution. The people being impeached had every right to amend the constitution, they did receive an electoral mandate. I

you obviously don't read anything to fo with the facts.

It's how they did it. Not anything about a mandate for change. Read earlier posts then go back to your dreams

• Like 2

They are stripping out all potential opposition for the future . No matter how much anyone despise the Shinawatra's , you have to look at what this is leading to.

Yep people that don't let their bias cloud their reasoning see this for what it is. Politicians with an undisputable mandate trying to amend a constitution. What are they thinking.

How could anyone be a politician in the future when merely executing your profession could lead to sanctions.

The Junta are without a doubt a bunch of utterly stupid idiots, the whole world will not take this seriously, only the misguided supporters of the junta see this as legitimate and reasonable.

Quite frankly, I am done discussing, as this is so clearly wrong and people still defending this are either unbelievable stupid or have some sort of agenda.

Best to note, they are not fooling anyone but themselves, utter fools.

In any case, reconciliation, uttered by the dear leader will not work, at the rate he is going the civil war is only gong to be more closer. Of course, reconciliation was never the real goal anyway...

What country do you speak of for this civil war? Thailand? Omg I an hurting with laughter. Facebook rules here not sensabilities.
  • Like 1

Moving into full McCarthyist mode now.

Absolutely stupid comment!!!

These people broke the law to push through Taksin's agenda. Nothing more nothing less. It is time to pay the piper and begin to change the culture of Thais to show them that there is accountability and there is consequences to your actions.

I hope they all get convicted and the sooner the better. End this Shin scourge once and for all. Only then will this country have a chance at moving forward.

• Like 2

This is a lesson to all future elected officials--they aren't in charge, the military is always in charge, either overtly or behind the scenes. Elected leaders aren't allowed to change constitutions, only coup leaders can change constitutions.

Doesn't matter really, The politicians never followed the last 2.

djjamie and rubl will be orgasmic at their juntas purge but... what comes around goes around

Exactly my dear friend.

Which is why the PT are a party that is fading into obscurity and irrelevance.

Unless you think they are still popular because of "All the Thai people I know"!!!

I hope I can buy you a beer at the TV bar in Bangkok one day.

Its not about supporting the JUNTA - For those of us who have lived here for the last 10 years, its about the lesser evil and the best solution there is right now is the current situation. At least there are definite changes being brought, they seem quite fast at pushing things along which compared to our previous comedy, is a refreshing change. but yes it would be nice if there were more choices for Thailand, sadly there just isnt.

djjamie and rubl will be orgasmic at their juntas purge but... what comes around goes around

Exactly my dear friend.

Unless you think they are still popular because of "All the Thai people I know"!!!

I am not your 'dear friend' as I don't have friends who are fascists - sorry

and as for 'obscurity and irrelevance' that is where the ordinary Thai citizen is heading and SHAME on you for supporting a military junta

as for 'buying me a beer' (there is no TV bar in Bangkok that I know of) no thanks it would be laced with poison no doubt and i would not drink with anti-democrats.

Go enjoy at some right-wing bar you'd be welcome there along with all the other thugs

Exactly my dear friend.

and as for 'obscurity and irrelevance' that is where the ordinary Thai citizen is heading and SHAME on you for supporting a military junta

as for 'buying me a beer' (there is no TV bar in Bangkok that I know of) no thanks it would be laced with poison no doubt and i would not drink with anti-democrats.

Go enjoy at some right-wing bar you'd be welcome there along with all the other thugs

Goodness me my dear friend. It seems that you might need a nap.

I have read you past 10 posts and they are only offering attacks on other members, belittling them and offering condescension to them. Not really constructive comments and in fact mirror the PTP ethos.

As for the TV bar in Bangkok. It is here. http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g293916-d2723800-r217440314-New_Wave_Pool_Bar-Bangkok.html

A wonderful environment where we can gather and enjoy a few beers with peers.

I am saddened that you feel that I would poison your drink my friend. I offer no ill will to anyone. I might not agree with you, but I do not hate you. I pity you. I have a strong disdain for the PTP because I hate violence.

I am sorry you feel the way you do. I do understand you frustration however. It must be hard to see the party you invested your time in turn out to be a criminal fascist entity. Of course when they had an unelected accused mass murderer, accused terrorist, convicted criminal fugitive as their leader then it should not have come as too much of a shock though.

Take care my friend and have a lovely evening.

I offer you no condescension, no belittling, no personal attacks.That is best left to terrorist supporters.

Moving into full McCarthyist mode now.

Absolutely stupid comment!!!

These people broke the law to push through Taksin's agenda. Nothing more nothing less. It is time to pay the piper and begin to change the culture of Thais to show them that there is accountability and there is consequences to your actions.

I hope they all get convicted and the sooner the better. End this Shin scourge once and for all. Only then will this country have a chance at moving forward.

I'm pretty sure that staging a military coup is also against the law, and in many countries it's tantamount to treason, but hey, lets' us the laws to punish those who broke them, so in the future should we expect to see the current PM and his Junta face similar procedures ? Oh wait, silly me, they gave themselves amnesties....again, for the breaking of their own laws and their own constitution..

As long as the Military keep interfering in politics every 4-5 years, the country will never move on

• Like 2

Exactly my dear friend.

I have read you past 10 posts and they are only offering attacks on other members, belittling them and offering condescension to them. Not really constructive comments and in fact mirror the PTP ethos.

As for the TV bar in Bangkok. It is here. http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g293916-d2723800-r217440314-New_Wave_Pool_Bar-Bangkok.html

I am saddened that you feel that I would poison your drink my friend. I offer no ill will to anyone. I might not agree with you, but I do not hate you. I pity you. I have a strong disdain for the PTP because I hate violence.

I am sorry you feel the way you do. I do understand you frustration however. It must be hard to see the party you invested your time in turn out to be a criminal fascist entity. Of course when they had an unelected accused mass murderer, accused terrorist, convicted criminal fugitive as their leader then it should not have come as too much of a shock though.

I offer you no condescension, no belittling, no personal attacks.That is best left to terrorist supporters.

You can buy me one ;)

Exactly my dear friend.

"Which is why the PT are a party that is fading into obscurity and irrelevance."

Dream on. Elections last year when PTP and the Shinawatras were at a low point in popularity would have hastened their slide into obscurity. By staging a coup, deposing the elected government, banning calls for elections, suspending a constitution written at the military's direction, and many other unnecessary actions, the military has guaranteed that Yingluck will not be remembered for her performance in office but for how she was removed from office.

The military and its supporters should have trusted the people to re-elect or eject the Yingluck government based on its performance in office. Instead the military has created another Shinawatra martyr and ensured the family's influence in any elections in Thailand for the foreseeable future.

• Like 2

Exactly my dear friend.

haha a patronizing and condescending post "dear friend" as I have ever read. I know of the New Wave bar - that's the bar that discriminates against blacks? I can see why you like it it would fit in with your fascist ethos