How to help those not adapting to Thailand ?

KhnomKhnom

"at least read about Buddhism so you can see it is a rational life philosophy with many good aspects and not superstitions"

Tell that to Thais, thank you

And while you're at it, tell 'em McDonald's western and most of the other chains they love.

And malls.

And the clothes they wear.

The capitalist ideas.

The white skin and pointy noses.

Democracy (mind you, i don't believe in democracy anyway, so you can keep it)

"not making rampant open resettlement here by tight immigration rules" - gotta love they guys here who applaud them on their xenophobia

"Thai women are not cute little brown servants" - nothing gets past you, does it?

I shall enjoy watching you change your tune.

-always have a Thai citizen "front" for you for everything from ordering food to dealing with Thai government.

Seriously?

Because I've been ordering food for myself this whole time, and it seems to have gone ok so far. What have I been doing wrong?

I may be wrong but I would imagine that you are also smart enough to wipe your own ar5e.....

"Wipe your own ar5s" in Thailand?

They give you a bum gun for that purpose. No wiping involved.

OP. Nice rant!

Most of us are farangs, and farangs tend to be opinionated. Unlike many cultures that repress their feeling until they blow a gasket -- we vent. Personally, I think it's a healthier option.

Do I have positive opinions about Thailand? Yep!
Do I have negative opinions about Thailand? Yep! But that doesn't mean I'm leaving.

I always love the, "If you don't like it here, go back home.", crowd. It takes about 2 brain cells to come up with that type of childish retort. Or an IQ approximate to their age. lol

-always have a Thai citizen "front" for you for everything from ordering food to dealing with Thai government.

Seriously?

Because I've been ordering food for myself this whole time, and it seems to have gone ok so far. What have I been doing wrong?

Me too. Considering I can read the menu in Thai and speak the language, it's been a heck of a long time since I needed a Thai Front to do my food ordering.

Sang ruyang krap?

Sang laew krap!

I'm married to a Thai National, can speak Thai, read Thai, write Thai, I've been an ordained Buddhist monk. The apartment my wife and I rent in the city has no farang renters, and there is only one other farang in the 35 kilometer stretch of mountain valley where our home is located;

And, I think Thai immigration policy totally sucks.

Man, I don't wai stupidity when I see it; I call it as I see it.

Please don't assume that farangs who vent (rant to you) have somehow not assimilated into Thai culture and society. That a slightly ignorant position to try to support, especially when you don't have all the facts.

Edited by connda
  • Like 1

(h. Thai women are not cute little brown servants.

OP, you destroyed my whole world here......how could I ever?????.....Very silly of me........

Thank you for helping me adapt to Thailandthumbsup.gif

If he is right about h) then I am off to Cambodia....................... biggrin.png

To be fair, I think the OP has out-ranted the ranters...

.... which, of course, makes him a ranter.

Or a Thai apologist.

No don't go to Cambodia, I've heard the foods terrible!

Yup. 2 days there n i had the spreads for a week..... n the girls arnt really into trimming the garden.... i trim my garden with a hovvermower n i could have used it several times in phon phen

Thai people firmly feel they are right, and nothing you say will change that!

You ARE always right in your own mind...closed to ideas...especially if they emanate from a foreigner...Buddha forbid...

We foreigners do not ask you to change your way of doing business for us...we just ask that you treat us the same...and not rape us financially and berate us publically...

Is that really asking too much?

I've had it with these ranters on ranters!!!! Generalize my good friends of TV, NEVER!!!! The ones that know never know.

First, I would imagine 90% of us are totally different on TV and in public, which the OP fails to understand. I could easily type, "I want that farang thrown in Thai jail for 100 years!!!" and then outside and wai my good neighbors.

You say "punch a pillow" and I say "have fun on TV but keep it civil and not personal" (thank me later mods). So I will demand soccer be replaced with American football!!! and the Baht changed to the Euro!!!! lol.....

trust me, twitter and facebook is not reality. So TV is not reality. This is a glorified chat room without real names, so not even really twitter.

but this site gives great information and has lots of gems from invaluable members like myself...there should be a wat in my name!!!!! and sometimes we forget some threads are totally dissimilar than other threads......anyhow, the best way to solve any issues is to simply turn the computer off......

(h. Thai women are not cute little brown servants.

OP, you destroyed my whole world here......how could I ever?????.....Very silly of me........

Thank you for helping me adapt to Thailandthumbsup.gif

If he is right about h) then I am off to Cambodia....................... biggrin.png

To be fair, I think the OP has out-ranted the ranters...

.... which, of course, makes him a ranter.

Or a Thai apologist.

No don't go to Cambodia, I've heard the foods terrible!

Yup. 2 days there n i had the spreads for a week..... n the girls arnt really into trimming the garden.... i trim my garden with a hovvermower n i could have used it several times in phon phen

You must be going to the wrong places smile.png

The food choices are fantastic (I am talking international food choices) and rarely have I had any bush issues.....................

I quite enjoy people's rants and caterwauling. Maybe you just haven't developed a taste for it yet!

Yeah people! Rant on, ranters!

Some rap, some write, some rot and then there are those who rant:

Chaga dang dong! Dang ping pong show! Gocka mocka! Goddamn kids! I'm gonna blue doggit all duh way back to Repunzlenilia and scream to duh congress! Ah chuggah chuggah!

Love it. Bring the noise.

The thing that aggravates me so much is not that posters find things to complain about here, but that the complaints are (i) described solely in terms of the complainers' (or farang generally) personal comfort and (ii) that the complaints are either implicitly or explicitly suggesting that these things would never arise where they came from and/or are somehow uniquely Thai.

Someone even suggested that the raison d'etre for the coup was so that someone would deal effectively with the beach chair concessionaires. Seriously, get over yourself and try to look objectively at the bigger picture.

And many, many people seem to think police corruption, political ineptitude, trivial scams, unsmiling cashiers, bad driving, gangs, civil disobedience ,,, the list is almost literally unending ... do not exist in the countries that they were so eager to leave behind in order to come to Thailand. For many of them this is obviously the first time they find themselves in a minority and can only see everything in terms of the majority not catering to them, but back in Farang Land you can be certain they were equally vociferous in complaining about the minorities not adjusting to Farang culture and ways. There are none so blind ...

Edited by Suradit69

This Post sounds like the usual Lecture/Rant from a born again Thai wannabe from Europe or the west!

Who thinks because he has sub consciously accepted he is Thai, but laughingly thinks Thais have also accepted him as a brother, this illness is usually manifested from something similar to Stir Crazy as in what Jail Prisoners experience, but in this case is normally caused by spending too much time in the boring villages. Later there is a tendancy to issue warnings: that if you don’t agree to every detail of Thainess, like me then don't let the door slam you in the ass, on the way out!

Edited by MAJIC
  • Like 1

The thing that aggravates me so much is not that posters find things to complain about here, but that the complaints are (i) described solely in terms of the complainers' (or farang generally) personal comfort and (ii) that the complaints are either implicitly or explicitly suggesting that these things would never arise where they came from and/or are somehow uniquely Thai.

Someone even suggested that the raison d'etre for the coup was so that someone would deal effectively with the beach chair concessionaires. Seriously, get over yourself and try to look objectively at the bigger picture.

And many, many people seem to think police corruption, political ineptitude, trivial scams, unsmiling cashiers, bad driving, gangs, civil disobedience ,,, the list is almost literally unending ... do not exist in the countries that they were so eager to leave behind in order to come to Thailand. For many of them this is obviously the first time they find themselves in a minority and can only see everything in terms of the majority not catering to them, but back in Farang Land you can be certain they were equally vociferous in complaining about the minorities not adjusting to Farang culture and ways. There are none so blind ...

Ah yes the old " it happens everywhere" argument.................sadly you need to look at the "frequency" also.