Norwegian arrested for criminal damage of ATM in Jomtien

webfact

Go easy on him.

Norwegian Viking Blood, combined with wantful lust of alcohol,

brings out the "Pillage and Plunder" Syndrome.

He was just being a good little Viking. Valhalla awaits

Vikings had a name for irrepressible violent behavior...."Berserker"

Berserkers were effectiively used as front line warriors against dreaded Saxons.

I still count Vikings as heroes, for eliminating many a saxon warrior in Britain.

The ATM, to him, probably looked like a Saxon soldier, withholding payment.

Although that behavior may be frowned upon in the land of Smiles.

Skol Tommy Fahn....my viking soldier.

Have you watched season 2 yet ?

They mainly attacked monestries & easy targets until king Harald invaded York & got his ass kicked by king Harold in 1066, then Harold lost his eye at Hastings which started the French thing. The Danes got kicked out by King Alfred in 9 century, have to go back to my history books

• Like 2

how much damage and you do to an ATM? really?

oh well that makes it ok.

drunk and disorderly, attempting damage to equipment needed by the public.

dare say many on here will be blaming the Thais and Thai police for this drunken lout's antics

An ATM in Soi Bangla was reluctant to give me my card back a few years ago. Which was a debit card from abroad. I was not letting anyone else use the machine saying it had eaten my card. A money changing kiosk employee next to the machine was no help and said go to their main bank to help. LikeI was going to do that and loose my card if it coughed it back out. After 30 mins I shook the machine a little whereas the money exchange guy said he was calling the police. Only a gently shake as well! The shake did the trick and my card then shot out. Must admit I was getting worried but I never smashed the machine up.. I maybe can understand this guys frustration if he had lost his card in the machine but smashing the machine? A little time in the cells and a big fine coming..

• Like 1

Go easy on him.

Norwegian Viking Blood, combined with wantful lust of alcohol,

brings out the "Pillage and Plunder" Syndrome.

He was just being a good little Viking. Valhalla awaits

Vikings had a name for irrepressible violent behavior...."Berserker"

Berserkers were effectiively used as front line warriors against dreaded Saxons.

I still count Vikings as heroes, for eliminating many a saxon warrior in Britain.

The ATM, to him, probably looked like a Saxon soldier, withholding payment.

Although that behavior may be frowned upon in the land of Smiles.

Skol Tommy Fahn....my viking soldier.

I dont think he is any kind of hero, Just a man who cant control himself after two beers. He probably peed himself and vomited in the ATM

Vikings were not warriors, They were simple bandits who thought they could win but they failed.

Anyway the past is forgotten and the rest of us have moved on.

He didn't get his card back? No wait, the machine couldn't provide Norwegian Kronacheesy.gif and the Lady only wanted Krona.

Looking at the picture; I think this time the police officer is actually hinting at pointing a finger at him, all the while the guy is saying; "I didn't do it, I didn't do it, I don't know what you are talking about!"cheesy.gif

Good grief! Do yo really think that you are funny? I mean its not offensive or anything- It's just, well, nada...

"Vikings had a name for irrepressible violent behavior...."Berserker"

The ATM, to him, probably looked like a Saxon soldier, withholding payment."

Slippelylobstel is spot on with his analysis. I observed the same Viking a year previously in Bintabaht, Hua Hin, attacking a Chang advert waving at him like a flag when he drove by the old Tiger Bar on his 250cc something. I noticed him because the bar girls starting howling when he appeared in his rabbit-skin singlet and Viking helmet at 30 mph in first gear. He drove straight through the signboard only to realise after his brief visit to Valhalla that had been framed by 1 inch angle iron. It took six girls to untangle him from the Chang frame and motorcycle. They managed to calm him down by the ever encouraging phrase 'lelax papa'.

Bonvoyage Olav

• Like 1

More likely upset with the thievery of the now 180 Baht ATM charge when you use your falang Debit or Credit card !!! Disgusting sum to be charged (why has it gone up by 20% recently too, way more than inflation) and certainly makes me feel like throwing something at the ATM machine, though my sensible sides prevents me from doing that mainly because I drink very little,

I wont use ATMs here any more I just take my UK Debit/Credit card to the bank counter and ask for the maybe 5000 Baht I need showing my Thai driving licence as ID. Rarely a problem and definitely no counter charge so saves 180 Baht every time. Sure I still get robbed and fleeced by the far more criminal Western banks. Did I ever say I loather bankers and their fat cat led thievery.

ATM... not an "ATM-Machine?"

I'm "over the Moon" At long last, a story involving an ATM and a quick glance through the responses indicates that NO ONE has called it an "ATM-Machine." Which of course is dumb, as they would in fact, be saying, "an ATM Machine, Machine."

Top marks to the journo who wrote the story and to fellow subscribers to this forum.

ATM... not an "ATM-Machine?"

I'm "over the Moon" At long last, a story involving an ATM and a quick glance through the responses indicates that NO ONE has called it an "ATM-Machine." Which of course is dumb, as they would in fact, be saying, "an ATM Machine, Machine."

Top marks to the journo who wrote the story and to fellow subscribers to this forum.

No, they would be calling it an AT machine machine! tongue.png

These nasty foreigners’ incidents like this are teaching Thai kids all the evils of the West’s money for nothing attitude sooner we clamp down on violent cheating scamming foreign arrivals the better get the numbers down to a few hundred thousand foreign tourists arrivals per year it will be much better for Thailand’s culture and peaceful way of life.

Edited by petercool
font size
  • Like 1