Thai food with a foreign twist!

kwak250

Well i have been enjoying som tam with french fries and pork or chicken for years and it must be my favourite dish that i have conjured up .

I have a few other dishes i enjoy but the flavours of the somtam work perfectly with the fries

What dishes have you came up with as i am always adding extras with traditional thai food although my wifes family think im crazy they now eat fries with somtam so it may take off who knows?

post-163451-0-93415300-1422237904_thumb.

• Like 1

I put somtam on hotdogs. It's like Thai sauerkraut. Grill the dog and the bun and put the somtam right on top.

Nam prik ong goes great with all kinds of stuff. It's a northern dish if you've never had it. Ground pork, chilli, and tomato. It's basically spicy pasta sauce, and that's how I use it. It makes a great topping for pasta, toasted bread, and burgers.

I use nam tok moo to make Thai tacos. I buy some tortillas at Tops, nam tok moo at the local market, and eat them together. Nam tok and laap moo also go great with mashed potato or french fries.

Lots of Thai food can be used with pasta, bread, tortillas, french fries, mashed potato, etc. I like rice but it does get a bit dull eating it every day.