Koh Tao mayor blasts UK media's 'negative reporting'

webfact

Alwyn, on 26 Jan 2015 - 10:54, said:
lucky11, on 26 Jan 2015 - 10:49, said:
Lingba, on 26 Jan 2015 - 08:23, said:

Angered???...Gee I wonder why?...Time to wake up Mr Mayor and stop your crying

The British press have got it wrong again (as they did with Hannah and David's murder).

The murdered woman's family have stated that she died of natural causes and not under suspicious circumstances!!

If they (the UK gutter press) had written about there being a Mafia culture on Koh Toh then fair enough BUT linking this death to Mafia gangs is bang out of order and I don't blame the Mayor for being enraged about shoddy/outrageous reporting.

Perhaps you can clear something up for me? The family stated she died from natural causes based on the fact the tweeted that she'd bought some antibiotics and was never heard from again, correct? So who told the family their daughter died from natural causes? In the article it says "Police have yet to determine the cause of death for Annesley". Perhaps you can clear this up for us please?

It was the FCO who told the family she had died of natural causes. Of course the FCO has a "don't rock the boat" attitude. Mustn't jeopardize trade deals, eh?

• Like 2

Don't believe the bird who claims the room was let within 15 minutes of the murder. Believe the mother who says her daughter died of natural causes.

Mother ' Get my daughter home ASAP as I believe there may be a cover up'

Don't believe the mother.

Just how low do these Koh Tao lovers sink?

They can stoop lower yet, they'll be back accusing the British press of false reporting or promoting a conspiracy theory, just like the Major of KT is doing right now.

Edited by thailandchilli
  • Like 1

kettle calling the pot black. with them kind of leadership skills. What`s up Baht becoming harder to steal, less visitors, means more deaths then, it is not KOH TAO anymore.

Its name around the world is annoyed.gifannoyed.gifannoyed.gifannoyed.gifannoyed.gif DEATH ISLANDpost-4641-1156694005.gifpost-4641-1156694005.gifpost-4641-1156694005.gif ,R.T.P. and Mafia have caused this,reap what you sow, and don't tell highly educated people what to do,say or think,you might be able to make your own people shut up, but you will not make social media.The truth hurts,get used to it, cold hard facts speak for themselves, not deceit lies and cover ups, as even a western child could see, shame the Thai`s cannot or will not see it for what it is a FARCE.giggle.gifgiggle.gifgiggle.gif

You are a funny guy, anyone dying unexplainably undergoes an autopsy, stop deluding yourself.

And of course won't a Thai autopsy be enough, just think about the language used in the autopsy report, will it be in English or Thai. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I will NOT respond again because now this is becoming ridiculous.

Despite the serious nature of the story, enjoyed the use of English: 'unexplainably'. I would have chosen 'inexplicably', but I'm English!

Sorry, me Svedis whistling.giftongue.png
Hey, no problem...quite a cool alternative really!

And Wiki says...................wai.gifthumbsup.gif

unexplainably (comparative more unexplainably, superlative most unexplainably)

1. In a way or to an extent that cannot be explained. The body and mind are unexplainably connected. His salary is unexplainably high.

lucky11, on 26 Jan 2015 - 13:33, said:
thailandchilli, on 26 Jan 2015 - 13:26, said:
lucky11, on 26 Jan 2015 - 12:49, said:
thailandchilli, on 26 Jan 2015 - 12:42, said:

lucky11#160 Not "according to me" that's for you to decide!! I have stated my position - now you should state yours (if it differs) or stop criticising mine.

I am waiting for the UK inquest to decide, but in the mean time I personally think it was an accidental drug overdose. However I am also not confident that an investigation of any notable standard has been carried out by the RTP in this, as is historic in Koh Tao. If you don't question as a result and believe everything thrown at you by the Thai Authorities then I think your very naive.

UK inquest?.....and what have the Thai authorities/RTP thrown at us relating to her death. I wasn't aware that the RTP had carried out an investigation as to her cause of death - are you sure that you are on the correct thread?

UK inquest yes. Whats strange about that?

You've just about got it, what investigation into her death?? Perhaps you need to do a little reading or research

But you haven't. Have you.

There won't be a UK inquest as one won't be needed as her death is not suspicious. There won't be an investigation as to her cause of death either as it doesn't require one to be held.

In fact, this is probably the last you will hear of it other than she died of an accidental overdose of drugs and alcohol.

A coroner will usually hold an inquest in England or Wales if the cause of death is unknown or if it was sudden, violent or unnatural.

Source: https://www.gov.uk/after-a-death/death-abroad

I would have thought that, at the very least, "sudden death" is reason enough to hold an inquest in the U.K.

• Like 2

The major of Koh Tao is a well connected person to the godfather of Suthep who was even able to oust Yingluck.

Joke aside, if he can't take the heat he shouldn't be a major after all.

An in depth investigation by the British media about Mayor Chaiyan Turasakul would be very interesting, to check who his backers are, how he got his job, who he paid to get it etc.

What a total prick. I lived in Thailand for 16 years. It was glorious for the first 5 and went steadily downhill. When I left Thailand many of my friends could not believe it. They all thought I would stay here the rest of my life. But as I became more and more aware of the REAL Thailand and it's vicious nasty underbelly I realised that it for the dunghole it really is.

• Like 2

lucky11, on 26 Jan 2015 - 13:33, said:
thailandchilli, on 26 Jan 2015 - 13:26, said:

UK inquest yes. Whats strange about that?

You've just about got it, what investigation into her death?? Perhaps you need to do a little reading or research

But you haven't. Have you.

There won't be a UK inquest as one won't be needed as her death is not suspicious. There won't be an investigation as to her cause of death either as it doesn't require one to be held.

In fact, this is probably the last you will hear of it other than she died of an accidental overdose of drugs and alcohol.

A coroner will usually hold an inquest in England or Wales if the cause of death is unknown or if it was sudden, violent or unnatural.

Source: https://www.gov.uk/after-a-death/death-abroad

I would have thought that, at the very least, "sudden death" is reason enough to hold an inquest in the U.K.

Inquest is always held in these circumstances. Post-mortem results will depend on decomposition. Remember its a warm country and a long way back to UK. It could well go down to Misadventure but I would think toxicology is a dead cert. Especially considering her postings and also the recent deaths in Sept. There will be a need to investigate just in case. We still do not know if there was any substances in the previous 2 deaths.

• Like 1

The British press have got it wrong again (as they did with Hannah and David's murder).

The murdered woman's family have stated that she died of natural causes and not under suspicious circumstances!!

If they (the UK gutter press) had written about there being a Mafia culture on Koh Toh then fair enough BUT linking this death to Mafia gangs is bang out of order and I don't blame the Mayor for being enraged about shoddy/outrageous reporting.

The Mayor a relative of yours, of something?????

Yes!! He's my brother.

Cousin, in-law, or wanna be like him???

Surely the best course of action is for the mayor to station and instruct his police farce force at the landing points on Koh Tao to immediately return any U.K. passport holder back to the mainland post haste with a ''persona non grata'' stamp in their passports.

That small action alone will totally halt any further comments being made by the British visitors to the British press that may tarnish the islands reputation

Simple task, so easy to cover the truth in ones own little fiefdom isn't?whistling.gif

Now put that latest report where it states: "The University of Leeds graduate was found dead in her cabin, with blood on her face, by a resort worker when she did not check out on time." http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/mother-of-backpacker-who-died-on-thai-island-the-last-words-we-said-were-i-love-you-10001861.html

This adds a little more interest in the posts by Arda

And ol' Lucky 11 (the self-proclaimed brother of the Mayor) goes silent.

"The aspiring journalist spent a week on the “paradise island” of Koh Samui before leaving for Koh Tao to spend time alone writing at the InTouch resort."

Very interested in what she was writing about and what happened to her notes.

Her feisty and outspoken nature would not have been welcome at such a difficult time for some people on Koh Tao. I remember going on holiday somewhere in England years ago and after an afternoon out I came back to find the room attendant had, along with the usual duties, closed my personal diary that I wrote in daily (which I had left open and face down on the bedside table), and put the pen neatly on top of it. No doubt she sneaked a look as may people would in that situation. I would imagine Christina would have used a laptop or such for her writing as she was posting on social sites during her stay. I suppose the police take all the possessions of people who have died or been murdered into their care until next of kin is there to receive them. Not looking good.

• Like 1

Alwyn, on 26 Jan 2015 - 10:54, said:
lucky11, on 26 Jan 2015 - 10:49, said:
Lingba, on 26 Jan 2015 - 08:23, said:

Perhaps you can clear something up for me? The family stated she died from natural causes based on the fact the tweeted that she'd bought some antibiotics and was never heard from again, correct? So who told the family their daughter died from natural causes? In the article it says "Police have yet to determine the cause of death for Annesley". Perhaps you can clear this up for us please?

It was the FCO who told the family she had died of natural causes. Of course the FCO has a "don't rock the boat" attitude. Mustn't jeopardize trade deals, eh?

If that is true then this needs addressing pretty promptly. How could the FCO tell Christina's family their daughter died of natural causes before any autopsy had taken place? Is this a fact? And who told the FCO? What the <deleted> is going on?