Not taken with the new Scout

BSJ

Polaris need a pat on the back for reviving the big Indian motorcycles but I think they took a wrong turn at the styling cross-roads with the Scout. The under seat cover looks plasticy and the overall styling is.....well the word 'gross' keeps popping into my head!

It will be coming to an Indian/Victory dealership near you, so maybe it will look better in the metal.

post-63954-0-00130600-1422276971_thumb.j

I like the looks of it too. Especially design of the engine.

Has a new tech, sporty engine and not heavy. Good fit and finish and overall very good value.

Diavel is better though if a cruiser.

I think it looks very cool.

Would love to see one for real.

Never seen a Victory nor Indian (the new ones) in the flesh.

The Victory bikes look great (as a cruiser) and half the price of a comparable Harley in Australia but have not gained a good reputation for reliability.

2015-hammer-8ball-lightbox-03.jpg

I see what the OP means about the seat area - but I still like it. It has a whiff of the Confederate bike styling.

Indian is sort-of the 'Lexus' brand of Victory and the Indian bikes at the Bangkok show were spectacular - great to see something different in the cruiser segment.

• Like 1

A cruiser you can ride with fullface helmet without looking stupid. I like it!

In the US these days the V Twin uniform is a full face helmet, cotton hoody, and tennis shoes.

Not everyone wants to wear denim and leather.

Who cares what people wear on a bike, just ride for the love of it.

Okay, granted, each to their own.

But still, when some weird fashion dictates, and the flocks follow (I mean really, trainers on a Harley?), can't I at least chuckle?

Someone told me that it all started with Jesse James on a tv show test riding bikes around the block, but that's what people saw and they wanted to emulate so.....

Hey at least it got them into full face and out of beanies. No more cheek flapping!

But you're right who am I to judge?

A cruiser you can ride with fullface helmet without looking stupid. I like it!

In the US these days the V Twin uniform is a full face helmet, cotton hoody, and tennis shoes.

Not everyone wants to wear denim and leather.

Who cares what people wear on a bike, just ride for the love of it.

Okay, granted, each to their own.

But still, when some weird fashion dictates, and the flocks follow (I mean really, trainers on a Harley?), can't I at least chuckle?

Someone told me that it all started with Jesse James on a tv show test riding bikes around the block, but that's what people saw and they wanted to emulate so.....

Hey at least it got them into full face and out of beanies. No more cheek flapping!

But you're right who am I to judge?

Your entitled to an opinion. I expressed mine! After the breath of fresh air on the big V twin front with Victory and later Indian it just seems a backward step to introduce the Scout as it is. Just sayin'!