4G in Pattaya

lapd

What is 4G like in Pattaya? I know TrueMove has it running but I only had a 3g phone to test a few months ago. 3G which wasn't nearly as good as AIS 3G both in coverage and average speeds at different times of day. I am talking 2100Mhz 3g not 900Mhz 3G which is very slow.

DTAC may also have some 4G signals in Pattaya by now. AIS hasn't even started still doing trials and waiting for the next bandwidth auction so they are way behind.

Edited by lapd

Those are some great speeds. Consistency would be my biggest concern. I found the 3g speeds could vary widely depending on location and time of day. I would be concerned the same thing might happen to 4G as more and more people get 4G phones.

I got True 3G at about 19mbit down in Pattaya. Shouldn't 4G be a lot faster? How come you guys are reporting only like 20-25mbit?

It's only as fast as the telco wants it to be. I think 4G gives the telco more bandwidth but whether they choose to pass that along in the form of more speed per connection or to increase their capacity to handle more connections is up to them.

Edited by lapd

I got True 3G at about 19mbit down in Pattaya. Shouldn't 4G be a lot faster? How come you guys are reporting only like 20-25mbit?

I have Dtac 3G in an aircard in Nongplalai, very close to the highway, and the best I've ever measured was like 2,5 mb down. Most of the time it's half of that.

True same same, and AIS I'm happy if I get 3G at all.