PM Prayut wears khaki to note his role as a government official

webfact

PM wears khaki to note his role as a government official
The Nation

30252695-01_big.jpg?1422313024818
PM IN KHAKI Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha gestures while talking to reporters yesterday at Government House. The premier, who retired as Army chief last year, wore a khaki uniform for the first time in line with the protocol for civil servants

BANGKOK: -- PRIME MINISTER General Prayut Chan-o-cha "made a fashion statement" yesterday, appearing in his official khaki uniform for the first time.

"This is the uniform of the government. I am a government official,'' Prayut said, as he attended a meeting on state enterprise policies.

Whether he is in the military green, a white state official's uniform, a modern western suit, or a traditional Thai suit, the PM looks imposing.

But the PM admitted he felt a bit "strange" in the khaki outfit, saying he had never worn it before.

PM's Office Minister ML Panadda Diskul has asked state officials under his jurisdiction to wear the khaki uniform every Monday for solidarity, formality and orderliness.

Prayut said he wanted to observe this protocol and felt the khaki uniform was comfortable. He thanked those who said he looked younger in this outfit.

He said he had wanted to wear the khaki earlier but he had to attend different functions in one day and did not want to change his outfit too often during the day.

The uniform cost him Bt3,000 to make, so it was a bit expensive, Prayut said.

He wanted to give uniforms to low-ranking officials but the government would have to seek funds for that purpose.

This khaki uniform is meant for civil servants. The style of the uniform for Government House officials was redesigned by former justice minister Peerapan Saleeratawipak during the Abhisit government.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/PM-wears-khaki-to-note-his-role-as-a-government-of-30252695.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-01-27

"PM's Office Minister ML Panadda Diskul has asked state officials under his jurisdiction to wear the khaki uniform every Monday for solidarity, formality and orderliness."

Conform. Obey.

Conform. Obey.

Conform. Obey.

Conform. Obey.

Conform. Obey.

Conform. Obey.

• Like 2

Got to love the ' look at me I'm in charge ' pose.

Is that 3 rows of ' fruit salad ' ?

Quote "Is that 3 rows of ' fruit salad ' ?"

Yinglucks son at 9 years old has more medals than I earned in 25 years in the military.

Obviously you didn't serve in the Thai military or you would have been loaded down.

I knew a policewoman in Manila who was given a medal and ribbon for completing a parachute course not just a common or garden certificate.

• Like 2

I don't know much about the military parachuting scene in the Philippines (or anywhere else for that matter, always preferred to wait until the aircraft had landed and walk out of the back) but could it not be that the medal was for being brave enough to try it?

• Like 1

Got to love the ' look at me I'm in charge ' pose.

Is that 3 rows of ' fruit salad ' ?

Quote "Is that 3 rows of ' fruit salad ' ?"

Yinglucks son at 9 years old has more medals than I earned in 25 years in the military.

Obviously you didn't serve in the Thai military or you would have been loaded down.

I knew a policewoman in Manila who was given a medal and ribbon for completing a parachute course not just a common or garden certificate.

I have a friend working for the Forestry department here at Mae Wong. She has parachutists wings but only made practice jumps, not from aircarft or helicopters and the final one was from the enormous height of 30 metres on the frame.

• Like 2