Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Just watching your last game at WHL at the moment. Some interesting faces Levy is pulling. I reckon he's bricking it and knows it ain't a year you need for that new ground. The Korean lad has a lot in his locker he should start thinking about a payrise (move) soon enough.

7 hours ago, sotsira said:

Obviously his employers don't think much of Poch, but like i said Sky Sports show bias

towards the other 5 teams in the Top six apart from Spurs. If he wasn't Spurs's manager his 

face would have been there.

Take a look at this Sky studio montage of the 5 managers in the top six although Poch 

finished 3rd last year and 2nd this season.

It's blatantly comical, :biggrin:

DAMH125V0AIO4kx-632x474.jpg.eb5fbccac7dfdd31aba578a179dcdbd7.jpg

Apparently Podgyttino's fat face wouldn't fit on the image :cheesy: 

3 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Nice one, Cyril! 
Was an advert - Wonderloaf TV advert in the 1970s. It was also a No 14 UK single in March 1973: the Tottenham Hotspur song (Cyril Knowles).

cyril knowles arguably one of the first in the 'new breed' of attacking full bacs, still rate him amongst the top half a dozen left bacs post world cup, probably lost out to cooper att but 2 date still think of him one of the most 'refined' bacs ive seen.

19 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

:sad: I won't hide my disappointment at us not scoring more in this game.

Poch needs to get them working harder clearly the bloody lazy scoundrels. :post-4641-1156694572:

When the pressures off your team can really play.

6 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

cyril knowles arguably one of the first in the 'new breed' of attacking full bacs, still rate him amongst the top half a dozen left bacs post world cup, probably lost out to cooper att but 2 date still think of him one of the most 'refined' bacs ive seen.

...and brother Jehovah Pete.

3 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Nice one, Cyril! 
Was an advert - Wonderloaf TV advert in the 1970s. It was also a No 14 UK single in March 1973: the Tottenham Hotspur song (Cyril Knowles).

Nice one Cyril, was one of my first memories as a youngster supporting the Mighty Spurs.

My Dad bought me the single and still have it to this day, since it's been mentioned today

i think it would only be the right thing to do and post it here.

Some nice nostalgic images in the video to enjoy!

Especially Martin Chivers second goal against Wolves in the 1972 Uefa Cup Final.

• Like 1

You wil no doubt have read The Glory Game by Hunter Davies about Spurs of that era. Brilliant book. First serious football I can remember reading. Had to sneak in big brothers room and read when he wasn't there (as well as playing all his Faces and Tamla stuff)...happy days ;-)

11 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

You wil no doubt have read The Glory Game by Hunter Davies about Spurs of that era. Brilliant book. First serious football I can remember reading. Had to sneak in big brothers room and read when he wasn't there (as well as playing all his Faces and Tamla stuff)...happy days ;-)

Yeah could be wrong but  think actually it was  the first well written serious soccer book . Even to this day they tend to be boring  dribble, from what i recall he refused to write any more but he said he couldnt refuse gazza, but i got the feel he wish he had.

just a point for spurs fans  in the earlymid 80's spurs  made a video called the 'glory glory nights' about spurs euro adventures. some v good footage culminating in some abso amazing footage of hoddle.

Edited by 3 minus 2

14 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Just watching your last game at WHL at the moment. Some interesting faces Levy is pulling. I reckon he's bricking it and knows it ain't a year you need for that new ground. The Korean lad has a lot in his locker he should start thinking about a payrise (move) soon enough.

You really are a very tiresome individual.  I wonder what name you used to post under? Any clues?  

10 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

When the pressures off your team can really play.

Don't forget the eleven straight wins when we were under pressure....selective memory permitting!  And all the while when the rest of you had bottled it long ago.  After all, someone had to give Chelsea a run for their money and it certainly wasn't't you brummies was it.

9 hours ago, sotsira said:

Nice one Cyril, was one of my first memories as a youngster supporting the Mighty Spurs.

My Dad bought me the single and still have it to this day, since it's been mentioned today

i think it would only be the right thing to do and post it here.

Some nice nostalgic images in the video to enjoy!

Especially Martin Chivers second goal against Wolves in the 1972 Uefa Cup Final.

I remember the football commentator Hugh Johns quote, after Chivers had headed a goal. "Chivers, he's got a boot between his ears!" Had me and my brothers rolling around the floor.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, carmine said:

You really are a very tiresome individual.  I wonder what name you used to post under? Any clues?  

Yes no problem. The name I post under is rc2702 but in your old age you mistake me for R2D2.  

Edited by Rc2702

11 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Yes no problem. The name I post under is rc2702 but in your old age you mistake me for R2D2.  

I can tell by your spiteful tone you used to post under a different name.  

Run along..............

3 minutes ago, carmine said:

I can tell by your spiteful tone you used to post under a different name.  

Run along..............

CSI - carmines silly ideas. Ponder it on the barstool later and get back to me with your findings.

5 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

CSI - carmines silly ideas. Ponder it on the barstool later and get back to me with your findings.

Nah....better things to be getting on with.

R2D2 is fine with me.  

This season is the best I can remember in a long long time , no titles but whatever happens next season this one will be difficult to match .   

44 minutes ago, balo said:

This season is the best I can remember in a long long time , no titles but whatever happens next season this one will be difficult to match .   

Thats exactly right.  I wasn't expecting to win the league anyway.  I got more out of this season in the manner in which we played to be happy as larry. The players showed how much they learnt from our implosion the season before and showed great character having to play catch up with a side so unrelenting as Chelsea were.  We should be very proud of the side and keep reminding ourselves how the media and pundits were so quick to write us off again and how stupid we made them look.

Chelsea won 27 of their last 32 games and are worthy champions.  End of.  

My one regret is not having one more year at the Lane with this side because i think we could have finally done, but expecting us to win the title playing home games at Wembley is just unrealistic

• Like 1

Do know the feelings of anyone else here regards any summer transfers but for me, if we really intend to strengthen our midfield, then Mahrez is the player we should move for.  Can't see why he would want to stay at Leicester, but we'd have to get in quick before the usual suspects jump in and offer him 250k a week, if for nothing else but to stop us getting him.  

7 hours ago, carmine said:

Do know the feelings of anyone else here regards any summer transfers but for me, if we really intend to strengthen our midfield, then Mahrez is the player we should move for.  Can't see why he would want to stay at Leicester, but we'd have to get in quick before the usual suspects jump in and offer him 250k a week, if for nothing else but to stop us getting him.  

So far Carmine you like Barkley and Mahrez. For me, both of them don't give 100% every time out. More thinking !:smile:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jellydog said:

So far Carmine you like Barkley and Mahrez. For me, both of them don't give 100% every time out. More thinking !:smile:

I think you gave me a choice of Barkley or someone and i thought Barkley was a better choice.  Thats it.  He wouldn't make our starting eleven and i doubt he would want to sit on our bench.  He's a physical player and more a Mourinho fit anyway.

Mahrez is lacking in motivation, thats plain to see.  I think Poch would get the best out of him and as we know his best is awfully good!!  Would i like an attacking three of Eriksen, Dele and Mahrez with Kane up top......yes please!!