Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Dont know if any of you saw the Spurs goal, but the Spurs forward coming back IMO was 3-4 yards offside when the ball was played almost directly to where he was standing.

Arent i right in thinking that he should have been judged to be offside as he was clearly involved in the area where the action was.

Justice was served in the end.

Edited by spiderman2

Dont know if any of you saw the Spurs goal, but the Spurs forward coming back IMO was 3-4 yards offside when the ball was played almost directly to where he was standing.

Arent i right in thinking that he should have been judged to be offside as he was clearly involved in the area where the action was.

Justice was served in the end.

Yes he was offside so luckily he didn't interfere in play otherwise Modric who was just level with the last Newcastle defender would have had his goal disallowed. Spurs have a dismal record against the barcodes so no surprise that it was a home win.

Yes he was offside so luckily he didn't interfere in play otherwise Modric who was just level with the last Newcastle defender would have had his goal disallowed.

But as the ball was played directly at him, this means he was interfering with play even though he didnt touch it, ive seen it given in this situation before when its in the penalty box.

I can understand if he was on one of the wings but he was directly involved in the play, id say the same if we scored in such a way..............a sh7t rule that takes away the art of defending.

Yes he was offside so luckily he didn't interfere in play otherwise Modric who was just level with the last Newcastle defender would have had his goal disallowed.

But as the ball was played directly at him, this means he was interfering with play even though he didnt touch it, ive seen it given in this situation before when its in the penalty box.

I can understand if he was on one of the wings but he was directly involved in the play, id say the same if we scored in such a way..............a sh7t rule that takes away the art of defending.

Agreed, it's a very grey area..

In my opinion, anyone on the Pitch is interfering with play..

If the Defender pushes out to play Pavlyuchenko offside, like what happened yesterday, then of course he's interfering with play because his presence made the Defender change his position on the Pitch to gain an advantage & win a Free Kick

• 2 weeks later...

Portsmouth have accepted a bid from Tottenham to sign their striker Jermain Defoe on a five-year contract.

The deal, which is expected to be in the region of £15m, sees Defoe return to the club he left under one year ago.

Harry Redknapp originally lured Defoe, 26, from White Hart Lane to Pompey for about £7.5m in 2008 when the Spurs manager was in charge at Fratton Park.

"Portsmouth can confirm a fee has been agreed with Tottenham for Jermain Defoe," read a statement from Pompey.

Any deal for Defoe would also have to take into account monies owed to Tottenham by Portsmouth in deals for Younes Kaboul and Pedro Mendes. 606: DEBATE

Is this good business?

Dom_Spur

Defoe, who is set to undergo a medical at Tottenham, had also been linked with moves to Manchester City and Aston Villa.

Redknapp is also keen to sign a left-sided midfielder in the current transfer window, but Middlesbrough have already rejected a £6m bid for Stewart Downing from Spurs

has defoe become twice the player in the space of a year?

He was sold too cheap, but at that time he couldn't command a regular starting spot in Spurs first team and it looked like his England career was over.

All that has changed now.

It remains to be seen if he will be worth the higher price.

has defoe become twice the player in the space of a year?

He was sold too cheap,

By the same people who bought him a year later for too much.... :o

I'm sure Harry is no too worried ,I mean its not his money is it ?

Of course he won't be, he's on his Fifth Envelope where Defoe is concerned after yesterday so no wonder he likes Defoe so much....

Of course he won't be, he's on his Fifth Envelope where Defoe is concerned after yesterday so no wonder he likes Defoe so much....

glad it's not just me that thinks harry is bent as a boomerang. i don't buy all the chirpy eastender character crap, him and peter storrie have been running game for years.

glad it's not just me that thinks harry is bent as a boomerang. i don't buy all the chirpy eastender character crap, him and peter storrie have been running game for years.

I think it's always been more of a dodgy east end car salesman type image that 'Arry has always had.

Just seen the Wigan game and with respect, Spurs seem to have little idea. How many bosses have they got?

Rednapp, Jordan, Bond, Allen etc.

Too many cooks spoiling the broth?

Looked the better team until tactics changed and then they went downhill in the match and lost.

Just seen the Wigan game and with respect, Spurs seem to have little idea. How many bosses have they got?

Rednapp, Jordan, Bond, Allen etc.

Too many cooks spoiling the broth?

Looked the better team until tactics changed and then they went downhill in the match and lost.

No, no, they're doing great, leave them as they are !! :o

Well done Arry for your complete lack of Tactical awareness in todays Games & the Subs you made, & didn't make IE Gomez, you da Man Arry.. :D

What a terrible xmas period! All games were lost with very late goals. I wonder about the fitness of the players as some of them look knackered last night. Bad subs, Gomes was clearly injured but was made to play on....back in the bottom 3...hmmm...could the unthinkable really happen?!

What a terrible xmas period! All games were lost with very late goals. I wonder about the fitness of the players as some of them look knackered last night. Bad subs, Gomes was clearly injured but was made to play on....back in the bottom 3...hmmm...could the unthinkable really happen?!

Fingers crossed Sarp.... :o

something seems to missing - you look at your squad and say wow, should be top ten minimum - probably top 6. as for the late goals, seem to recall spurs getting a few of those right after Harry took over.

something seems to missing - you look at your squad and say wow, should be top ten minimum - probably top 6. as for the late goals, seem to recall spurs getting a few of those right after Harry took over.

I think they've got a few problems..

That Bench yesterday, on Paper, was great.

In reality, they don't give a <deleted> by the looks of it & Redknapp has touched on it in recent Interviews..

There's deep lying problems at T*ttenham by the looks of it within the Playing Personnel, Redknapp knows it & is making noises about it as i said above..

In reality, they don't give a <deleted> by the looks of it & Redknapp has touched on it in recent Interviews..

There's deep lying problems at T*ttenham by the looks of it within the Playing Personnel, Redknapp knows it & is making noises about it as i said above..

I think there have been problems for quite some time...I suppose relegation would mean that the club would have to be cleared from top to bottom...

I think there have been problems for quite some time...I suppose relegation would mean that the club would have to be cleared from top to bottom...

I personally think you've got that same disease as what we had a couple of years back..

Too many young Men with too much money & their Brains on other things beside their Football..

That was clear yesterday when the Camera switched to the bench & Jenas, Bent & Lennon were laughing like little Kids about 70 mins into the Game & Bentley was adjusting his Hair Band !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Redknapp is aware though & you can hear it in his Interviews & that might be your saving grace, might be...

That disease doubled with the fact that we had a Manager who couldn't control that situation ( Pardew ) & we were bang in trouble & in the end, only stayed up by the skin of our teeth with some unreal results in doing so, winning at the Emirates & Old Trafford to name a couple, then outing the problem Players slowly but surely over the following year..

TOTTENHAM NEWS

King warns Spurs: "Improve or we'll go down"

January 12, 2009

Comment

Email

Print

Tottenham Hotspur captain Ledley King is under no illusion that the club are in a relegation battle and warned his teammates that they unless they pull together and improve ''we will go down''.

Empics

Ledley King: Tottenham skipper worried

Manager Harry Redknapp blasted some of his players for lacking the necessary stomach needed for a relegation dogfight after watching them slump to a stoppage-time 1-0 defeat at Wigan on Sunday - a fifth Premier League match without a victory.

Spurs started brightly but faded badly during the second half and failed to provide £15 million striker Jermain Defoe the service he needed to deliver a goal on his return to the club after 12 months at Portsmouth.

The north London side have now slipped back into the Premier League's bottom three after the positive influence Redknapp exerted on the squad following his appointment in October now have seemingly deserted that squad.

King, who played his first full 90 minutes since Boxing Day, is in no doubt of the challenge facing his team.

''We have to improve, otherwise we will go down. It is simple,'' declared the centre-half. ''We need people to stand up and fight for each other, and be counted as men and as players. That has not been happening enough, which is why we find ourselves in this position.''

King told the London Evening Standard: ''We are not playing well away from home, but when that happens, you have to work hard and maintain your focus. We are conceding late goals because of a lack of concentration. We are switching off, and that sums us up at the moment.''

Redknapp, who left £15 million man David Bentley on the bench on Sunday, has made it clear he feels the squad inherited from Juande Ramos lacks strength in depth.

While he has more money to spend in the transfer window, the former Portsmouth manager is not certain wheeling and dealing is the answer.

''The club have paid a lot of money for these players because they are supposed to be quality players but they need to show that on the pitch,'' he said. ''We have some players in there who need to do a lot better than they are at the moment.''

Asked if he had plans to bring in replacements, Redknapp replied: ''I haven't got anyone in mind. It is pretty quiet really. Where do you find good players this time of year? It is hard.''

I think this Interview says a lot about the problem Redknapp realises he's got at Sp*ds...

Interesting to hear him say eh won't be getting anyone else in & being honest here, he's starting to sound as if he honestly does realise that size of the problems i believe he has...

http://www.skysports.com/video/clips/0,237...6&ssvPage=1

Edited by MSingh