Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Good result for us last night but have to say i don't give a toss about the FA cup. I was hoping Harry would field a real second string attack. I think it's a huge mistake to go full on for this devalued cup and could cost us fourth. Sorry to be so negative!

Lads i have removed all the inuendo posts. Since ThaiVisa has an active gay membership and several gay mods. They may not see the funny side of the posts i have removed. So please keep it cival and within the rules of TV. Thanks.

Since ThaiVisa has an active gay membership and several gay mods. They may not see the funny side of the posts i have removed.

The really sad, funny part of it is the morons who put them on still think that sort of banter is witty. God help us!!!

[i'm not sure if we could afford his wages and anyway do we really need him ?

I know what youre saying, but We should always be looking to improve or squad and imo he would definitely improve it. As for his wages, i'm pretty sure we could cope as they would include a transfer fee and therefore not really break the structure. But if it comes down to just cash im sure Man city will lead the pack. Altough Im just wondering if the emirates 'crisis' will have any effect on their 'spending?

Apparently we are in talks to buy a Danish centre back, Simon Kjaer, from Palermo. Don't know too much about him but Man Utd and Citeh were interested so he must be decent player. This should coincide with off loading Pav. Three strikers are enough. Bearing in mind Woodgate's injury and the ongoing Ledley condition i think this is sensible transfer dealings.

Last night was a missed oppotunity, but fair play to their keeper. A very big game with the scousers on Wednesday.

Apparently we are in talks to buy a Danish centre back, Simon Kjaer, from Palermo. Don't know too much about him but Man Utd and Citeh were interested so he must be decent player. This should coincide with off loading Pav. Three strikers are enough. Bearing in mind Woodgate's injury and the ongoing Ledley condition i think this is sensible transfer dealings.

Last night was a missed oppotunity, but fair play to their keeper. A very big game with the scousers on Wednesday.

On a footnote to the LFC game, does anyone know if Lennon and King will be fit?

i would imagine King will play and it wouldn't surprise if lennon was on the bench, another one of them games yesterday, iv'e been saying for a while now that the way results are going i think will boil down to who has the best run in (the last 6 games) to deterrmine who finishes where.

i would imagine King will play and it wouldn't surprise if lennon was on the bench, another one of them games yesterday, iv'e been saying for a while now that the way results are going i think will boil down to who has the best run in (the last 6 games) to deterrmine who finishes where.

Have a look at our fixtures for April.....

Have a look at our fixtures for April.....

I know but i still keep looking, hoping that it will get easier :)

de santos off to galatasaray, what a shame. Never seemed to get a chance.

Seems like arri sometimes plays players on the back of their attitude rather than their ability on the pitch, while i accept you have to have some sort of disipline and i havn't seen him in training, surely what he does on the pitch is the thing that matters the most :) .

On the other side of the coin is robbie who has a great attitude etc, but at the moment is crap on the pitch,

I certainly think that dos santos could do no worst than keane at the moment.

Seems like arri sometimes plays players on the back of their attitude rather than their ability on the pitch, while i accept you have to have some sort of disipline and i havn't seen him in training, surely what he does on the pitch is the thing that matters the most :) .

On the other side of the coin is robbie who has a great attitude etc, but at the moment is crap on the pitch,

I certainly think that dos santos could do no worst than keane at the moment.

Agree, RK is a waste of space at the moment and with so little playing time i can't see him improving. Crouch, whilst looking totally ungamely, is far more effective.

I have a feeling we will do well against Brum on Saturday. You mention attitude, and that's the big thing. Few doubt the ability and quality of our squad, but many doubt we have the attitude to make top four which i think unfortunately is reasonable criticism. On Saturday our attitude will be spot on, but against the scousers we were appalling. It still seems our players feel inferior against "certain" teams. We knew L"Pool are <deleted> but our team decided to give them the benefit of the doubt.

To my thinking, making top four this season is more about our teams self belief

quote name='carmine' date='2010-01-28 09:36:55' post='3299874']

I have a feeling we will do well against Brum on Saturday. To my thinking, making top four this season is more about our teams self belief

Im not so sure about saturday, the scots boy is a canny old manager and their recent run is no fluke. But I agree with self belief being the key to our top four finish, that and lennons pace down the wing, sorely missed a.t.m. Personally I reckon well just miss out on a top 4 spot, but we live in hope.

No Eidur, don't go to the Yids!! :)

Spurs complete Gudjohnsen deal

Sky Sports News understands that Tottenham have signed Monaco forward Eidur Gudjohnsen on loan until the end of the season.

The former Bolton, Chelsea and Barcelona star had been a target of West Ham before Premier League and London rivals Spurs made their move.

Gudjohnsen is reported to have undergone a medical at Upton Park and so the Hammers were less than impressed when news broke earlier this week that Tottenham appeared favourites in the deal.

Spurs boss Harry Redknapp was quoted as saying in Thursday's newspapers that he had offered identical terms to West Ham and that the Iceland international was deciding on his choice of clubs.

Gudjohnsen now appears to have made up his mind and is set to move to White Hart Lanewhere his craft will add a different dimension to UEFA Champions League-chasing Tottenham's attacking options.

The combination of Jermain Defoe's pace and Peter Crouch's aerial threat have proved a positive pairing this season, but when the duo misfire Spurs have struggled.

Club captain Robbie Keane is out of form and has been relegated to a role as substitute, while Roman Pavlyuchenko is expected to leave in January and Birmingham are thought to have made an approach.

I liked gudjohnson when he played in our prem. A clever player with the ball and had a knack of getting in the right place at the right time. However were not exactly short of 'craft' at white hart lane at the mo. mods kranks, keane and defoe, imo, all fall into that cat', what were woefully short on is pace and power up front and out wide and one thing that guddy boy aint, is pacy, hes strong but I wouldnt say hes powerful. But hey w'.the f' do I know. But heres hoping he will be an asset.

I liked gudjohnson when he played in our prem. A clever player with the ball and had a knack of getting in the right place at the right time. However were not exactly short of 'craft' at white hart lane at the mo. mods kranks, keane and defoe, imo, all fall into that cat', what were woefully short on is pace and power up front and out wide and one thing that guddy boy aint, is pacy, hes strong but I wouldnt say hes powerful. But hey w'.the f' do I know. But heres hoping he will be an asset.

It seems at the moment we don't really have a plan B for our forward line, if it's not working with defoe and crouch, he wants to play defoe with someone dropping off and that hasn't worked with keane playing there so perhaps he thinks gud can do that job.

i would have though that pav could play the dropping off role but what do i know compared with arri.

You say we are not short of craft but i think the results against stoke, wolves and hull prove otherwise.

[

say we are not short of craft but i think the results against stoke, wolves and hull prove otherwise.

If you saw those games mate, we played well, but the threat was sort of manageable, our passing IE our craft, turned them inside out , this may sound a little weird but it was comfortable pressure for opposition defences to handle. As you say we lack a plan b. Terror and chaos is what Lennons pace brings on defenders, thats what we are lacking at the mo.

[
say we are not short of craft but i think the results against stoke, wolves and hull prove otherwise.

If you saw those games mate, we played well, but the threat was sort of manageable, our passing IE our craft, turned them inside out , this may sound a little weird but it was comfortable pressure for opposition defences to handle. As you say we lack a plan b. Terror and chaos is what Lennons pace brings on defenders, thats what we are lacking at the mo.

If FIFA reduced the match time to eighty minutes we'd probably be top of the league! When the f#$K is Rednapp going to install some discipline in the team?

Everything was going well until we went defensive with 10 minutes to play and what happened? All we had to do was to keep playing and we would have picked up 3 points so for me this one is down to Redknapp for abandoning what was obviously a decent game plan. Reminds me of Fulham away when Jol was in charge and we were absolutely slaughtering them until time was running out and we went 3 at the back and came away with a point.

Positives: Bentley - charging both ways down the line with decent effect, Modric - just about back to where he was, Bale - decent going forward and solid at the back (he must get getting his end away at last).

Negatives: Huddlestone - far too many wayward passes, Corluka - I cringe when this boy gets the ball and their goal was down to him.

Everything was going well until we went defensive with 10 minutes to play and what happened? All we had to do was to keep playing and we would have picked up 3 points so for me this one is down to Redknapp for abandoning what was obviously a decent game plan. Reminds me of Fulham away when Jol was in charge and we were absolutely slaughtering them until time was running out and we went 3 at the back and came away with a point.

Positives: Bentley - charging both ways down the line with decent effect, Modric - just about back to where he was, Bale - decent going forward and solid at the back (he must get getting his end away at last).

Negatives: Huddlestone - far too many wayward passes, Corluka - I cringe when this boy gets the ball and their goal was down to him.

I too have a problem with Corluka. The combined purchase of Corluka and Hutton for 18 million :) Not exactly money well spent.

Why is it that we are so vulnerable in the last ten/fifteen minutes of every match? I almost expect us to concede. Why has'nt Rednapp identified this as a longterm ongoing problem?

I too have a problem with Corluka. The combined purchase of Corluka and Hutton for 18 million :) Not exactly money well spent.

Why is it that we are so vulnerable in the last ten/fifteen minutes of every match? I almost expect us to concede. Why has'nt Rednapp identified this as a longterm ongoing problem?

Well there's no dropping Corluka now, now that he has let our other 2 right backs go (very very strange decision).

Bought in kabul as cover for centre defence, def mid and now right back, so if we get 2 injuries in them positions we are up the creek without a paddle.

No decent back up goalkeeper.

Sometimes i worry about arri's strange decisions :D , even thinking about removing his avatar but probaly wait until the end of the season on that one :D as i know the west scam like seeing his picture.

Well there's no dropping Corluka now, now that he has let our other 2 right backs go (very very strange decision).

Bought in kabul as cover for centre defence, def mid and now right back, so if we get 2 injuries in them positions we are up the creek without a paddle.

No decent back up goalkeeper.

Sometimes i worry about arri's strange decisions :D , even thinking about removing his avatar but probaly wait until the end of the season on that one :D as i know the west scam like seeing his picture.

Definately leave 'Arry up there. Our mate MSingh would be very disappointed to see it go :D

I can't comment on the latest transfers as i hust can't get my head round them, but God help us if we get injuries :D

Right now i'd be happy with some players that understand the need to play until the final whistle!