Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Everton probably the form team of the prem at the mo, and us?

Rijit, Evertons last six games have been DDWDWD. I wouldn't exactly call that being in form

unbeaten for 6 games and 10 points out of 18 ,sounds pretty good to me.

Edited by rijit

Rijit, Evertons last six games have been DDWDWD. I wouldn't exactly call that being in form

It's not bad but you said "probably the form team of the prem at the mo"

The word being PROBABLY, but its irrelevant now, Nice one ari just exactly what the fuc was Bale doing on the rhs, he looked almost pathetic!!! in fact he was pathetic, i'm off to sleep

Its about time our players just ignored Harry's "tactics" Theres enough talent there for them to just get on with it and do there own thing.

Despite his woeful 4-4-2 i thought we did enough to win and can't believe we came away with nothing. Second half we were all over them.

Couldn't Harry see in the first half Modric was totally isolated?

If he is made the next England manager theres a few on this forum that will suffer the frustrations that Tottenham fans currently do. Mindyou it has potential to be one of the more amusing tenures!

The word being PROBABLY, but its irrelevant now, Nice one ari just exactly what the fuc was Bale doing on the rhs, he looked almost pathetic!!! in fact he was pathetic, i'm off to sleep

And why on earth were your excellent right and left backs told to stay at he back for the first half? You've always played the counterattack game against strong sides using them effectively before. Anyway you deserved at least a draw and I seem to remember a decent penalty shout somewhere in there.

Now don't go losing to Chelsea next week please. A draw would be lovely but I'll take a Spurs win, particularly if we drop points on Monday night (which we shouldn't do on form).

And why on earth were your excellent right and left backs told to stay at he back for the first half? You've always played the counterattack game against strong sides using them effectively before. Anyway you deserved at least a draw and I seem to remember a decent penalty shout somewhere in there.

Now don't go losing to Chelsea next week please. A draw would be lovely but I'll take a Spurs win, particularly if we drop points on Monday night (which we shouldn't do on form).

Good point about our backs. Woeful management! What makes it worse is that Jordan and Bond seem clueless aswell as they've demonstrated well when Harry had his heart procedure.

Having watched Chelsea recently i'd be horrified if we lost to them. They are going to struggle to hold onto fifth i think. i'm more concerned about losing out to Arsenal for the 3rd spot which is so important to us.

It all hinged around bale playing wide right, because of this walker was restricted, hardly made a run all night, and that put extra pressure on asseococked to get forward, he does occasionally, but it's ocasionally and on the bac of bale breaking or coverin a littlle, didnt feel like he's quite got the understanding with modric and asseococked did hardly any 4 ward runs all night add that to modric who is ineffective on the lhs , gave us a totally unbalanced look and it really didnt work well , frankly until bale went over to the left and modric wandered which was for the last periods of each half 2 me for all our possecion we didnt look very much like scoring.But what ive said though is no diferent from what the commentarry on the tv said and if they can see it and i can see it, why the fuc cant ari see it?, best he f's/o and takes the england post me thinks. Oh by the way, Thought that saha did ok when he replaced adeboy.

Incidentally I am not really one for conspiracy theories but maybe Redknapp really does want to stay at Spurs rather than take the England job. Afterall if you are after the England job losing 3 games on the trot for the first time as manager of the club hardly looks good on the CV. Nor does 8 points in your last 8 games which is relegation form.

Incidentally I am not really one for conspiracy theories but maybe Redknapp really does want to stay at Spurs rather than take the England job. Afterall if you are after the England job losing 3 games on the trot for the first time as manager of the club hardly looks good on the CV. Nor does 8 points in your last 8 games which is relegation form.

Are you sure Levy wants to actually retain him?

I have some questions i'd like to ask scrotum face;

1 Why persist with 4-4-2...its clearly not working. Theres no link play in the final 3rd?

2 Do we ever practice set pieces....most of our corner kicks don't reach the goal post?

3 Why on earth is Kaboul taking free kicks?

4 Where exactly is Bale supposed to be playing because he doesn't seem to know?

5 Why is he so resistent to setting up in a 4-2-3-1?

Harry fuc_ked up again im afraid. Starting argubly the best playmaker on the left, and one of Europes best LW on the right, should be a criminal offence. Bale has dropped in form the last 10 games or so, yes he has had a good game in there, but in general he has dropped off. I personally think it is a result of playing more at the center of the field and yesterday on the right. He had his worst game in a year and a half. But getting on the left the last 10 min liftet him up again. Should have been switch to the other side at the start of second half. Having said that, Everton always doble up on him, and Coleman did a great job tracking back.

442 is not a good formation for this team as long as Lennon is not playing, yes it can work with VDV sometimes, but only if the other team does not have a strong left side. So against Everton with Baines storming down that side time and time again, it would not have worked. Defoe had a good game and has looked sharp lately, but Harry should have lined up with 451 or 4411 (pretty much the same). Then he could have played Bale on this best side, and Modric in the center with Kranjcar on the right. Not his best side, but he has had some good games there lately. Maybe a player like Dos Santos (whos best side in right) should have been given more chances so we had a back up to Lennon, just maybe...

What I cant stand with Harry, is that he never admits fuc_king up. Its just one of those days.... yes the second half was good and they were unlucky to not score. But the team should never have had come into a situation like that and trailing a goal. The away games under Harry is normally like this, come out and just sit back and invite the other team on to us. Then if we are under at half time, we come out playing in the second. I can remember one or two good first halfs this season, away to Wigan and maybe Fulham. But then in the second half they completely rolled over again.

Harry has done wonders at Tottenham, but his line up selections and tactics are way below the best managers. Next game against Stoke is a must win, as im sure Arsenal will win against Newcastle today and then be only a point behind. I guess we all feel angered these days, but a win against Stoke and getting something out of the Chelsea game, and we are back on track. After the Chelsea game, we dont have so tough games left (on paper). However they need to get their shit together on the away games.

PS! Dont get me started on Kabouls performances lately.

Edited by Troyron

Its about time our players just ignored Harry's "tactics" Theres enough talent there for them to just get on with it and do there own thing.

Despite his woeful 4-4-2 i thought we did enough to win and can't believe we came away with nothing. Second half we were all over them.

If he is made the next England manager theres a few on this forum that will suffer the frustrations that Tottenham fans currently do. Mindyou it has potential to be one of the more amusing tenures!

Have to agree with you carmine you were clearly the better team, but sometimes that's just the way it goes. Makes Everton's league position healthier though.

Have to agree with you carmine you were clearly the better team, but sometimes that's just the way it goes. Makes Everton's league position healthier though.

Good luck to Everton too. You played well and i hope you qualify for europe.

I'm just seething about a manager like Redknapp, that, with the tactical footballing brain of a soi dog totally unbalancesour team when someone gets injured by pulling our best players out of position! What on earth was he doing?

Its beyond a joke now. One minute its Van Der Vaart played right midfield, then its Bale on the right then its Modric our central midfield playmaker pushed out left and out of the game...WHF is going on? And what does Bond actually do? I know that Jordan is paid to stand on the touchline to to try and head butt the opposition wingers.....

Stop unbalancing our team...stop trying to prove you actually have a tactical brain and stick to the one thing you are very good at and focus on man managing the team. And if, maybe if you get the England job i firmly believe it will be one of the most hilarious appointments in football history

Edited by carmine

Arsenal look to be gaining fast and good chance they will get a result against Newcastle, could be close fight for third that.

Really surprised how you have lost form and how results have gone against you of late - odd game is football !

"Bastion of Invincibility" Liverpool Football Club.

Arsenal look to be gaining fast and good chance they will get a result against Newcastle, could be close fight for third that.

Really surprised how you have lost form and how results have gone against you of late - odd game is football !

"Bastion of Invincibility" Liverpool Football Club.

If we had been set up right we probably would have beaten Everton, we were the better side regardless. Might even have nicked a point against Utd bar a couple of sloppy mistakes.

What is now the case is that Stoke at WHL next wednesday is a must win and we must get our momentum back. Lord alone knows what Redknapp will "try out" next though!

It could be a very entertaining summer.

If you mean a summer of watching wobbly chops and Woy battle it out for the England job then yes mate it'll be fcukin hilarious!!

Redknapp is trying to show off his tactical genius...most noticeably there's been no new contract offer from Daniel Levy. biggrin.png

If you mean a summer of watching wobbly chops and Woy battle it out for the England job then yes mate it'll be fcukin hilarious!!

Redknapp is trying to show off his tactical genius...most noticeably there's been no new contract offer from Daniel Levy. biggrin.png

If Harry does go it will be interesting to see who Levy chooses as a replacement. Moyes is beginning to fade in the betting and one bookmaker even has Mourinho as favourite. Personally I think he will stay at Real. Funnily enough if he was going to take a 'risk' I think he could consider someone like AVB. As for Chelsea they might as well give the job to Capello as he is the right age for the average life span of a Chelsea manager.

If Harry does go it will be interesting to see who Levy chooses as a replacement. Moyes is beginning to fade in the betting and one bookmaker even has Mourinho as favourite. Personally I think he will stay at Real. Funnily enough if he was going to take a 'risk' I think he could consider someone like AVB. As for Chelsea they might as well give the job to Capello as he is the right age for the average life span of a Chelsea manager.

If 'Arry don't pull his finger out Levy will sack him anyway!!

T B H, coming out of playin the arse wipes m utd and everton and getting zero points , in any season, is hardly new territory for us but what ishocking/anonnoying call it what you want, is why we lost all 3, All IMO down to the way ari laid the team out, Now thats worrying!!!!, Just a casual obo' on bale's pathetic attempts to cross the ball with his left from the right h s , of coarse he can x a ball with his right , you dont get 2 spurs 1st team with that obvious a limitation, could he, in a way, be making a point to ari,? i'll do it but i dont like it, sort of points to what others on here been sayin bout ignoring aris tactic's.For me If that's the way ari reacts under top end pressure, different if ure in a relegation battle, then best he moves on to the England job.

And Lets be clear Levy wont be offering him a new deal until he has to, ie the end of the season, why? would you make to pay a huge bill in advance, when u didnt have to ?. And Chelsea managerial merry go round seemingly having the same time scale as us aint exactly made levies job any easier or cheaper!! bet he'll love that, still if there's one thing the mans good at is doing a deal .So the best--- off 2 him

and for me only one man 4 our job thats capello,

Edited by rijit

I'd be very happy with Villas-Boas. I also be happy with Loic Remy/Leandro Damiao and Eden Hazard.

We'll probably get Mark Hughes and Emile Heskey on a free. biggrin.png

I'd be very happy with Villas-Boas. I also be happy with Loic Remy/Leandro Damiao and Eden Hazard.

SAF has been out to Belgium, sniffing up Hazard's bum. Hazard has declared how delighted he would be to play for ManU. [beeb this am]

SAF has been out to Belgium, sniffing up Hazard's bum. Hazard has declared how delighted he would be to play for ManU. [beeb this am]

Spurs forums have been banging the drum for Cavani for ages....40 odd goals in 50 something games. Now his club are asking silly money....

Edited by smokie36