Tottenham Thread

chonabot

carmine, on 20 Dec 2014 - 05:12, said:
alfieconn, on 20 Dec 2014 - 03:58, said:
carmine, on 20 Dec 2014 - 03:25, said:

Interested to see the team selection today. There has to be a question mark against Ryan Mason with performances of late. Maybe he needs a rest and time to re focus. Doubtful that Townsend will start based on his last outing and then theres the Lennon/Lamela debate on the right. We really need to find a settled midfield.

I'll be most happy to see Eriksen central behind Kane and Chadli back on the left. Bentley is presumably one of the first couple of names on the team sheet.

Thoughts anyone?

I hope not carms biggrin.png

Strombouli done more in 20 mins than Mason did in 70 against Swansea so would expect too see him playing with Bentaleb, same for me with Kane and Chadli and Lamela on the right as the best of a bad bunch.

With the emergence of Bentaleb and too a certain degree Mason, perhaps signing Schneiderlin is not so much of an importance as it once was, after all how good could Bentaleb be at the same age as Schneiderlin ? plus we have Strombouli and several youngsters such as Carroll and Pritchard.

There you go, you're picking the same team as me as i couldn't see him dropping Strombouli, who did a much better job than Mason. Same back four of Walker, Faz, Vert, Davies.

Wonder what the manager will do?

Lloris

Walker, Vertonghen, Fazio, Davies

Lennon, Bentaleb, Strombouli, Chadli

Eriksen

Kane

Lamela just doesn't do it for me, happy to be proved wrong though.

• Like 1

If Poch knows anything about the squad, he would know that Walker and Lennon

on the right side are a proven pairing over the years and can be formidable when

played together.

But i have a feeling that he has his favourites and Lamela & Soldado are amongst

that group, so i'm not expecting much of a change to the team he played against

Swansea.

Chicog, on 20 Dec 2014 - 15:27, said:

Oooh some goal from the Burnley lad.

Very nice..........Lamelaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!! tongue.png

Yum this humble pie tastes good!!!

Calm down lad it was only Burnley, you should be beating them every week at home.

wink.png

Haven't seen lamentable's goal yet, highlights just coming up.

I was too busy seeing if Villa could do United.

Chicog, on 20 Dec 2014 - 16:58, said:
Foxman888, on 20 Dec 2014 - 16:00, said:
Chicog, on 20 Dec 2014 - 15:27, said:Chicog, on 20 Dec 2014 - 15:27, said:

Calm down lad it was only Burnley, you should be beating them every week at home.

wink.png

I was in no way getting excited about the performance, just the goal!

2nd half was dross, but result wise considering Stoke etc at home i'm happy.

The humble pie comment related to wanting Lennon to play not Lamela. Thought his backtracking was improved but overall still want to see more from him. Still think he picks the wrong option too much.

Anyone else think Vertonghen was terrible first half?

Chicog, on 20 Dec 2014 - 16:58, said:
Foxman888, on 20 Dec 2014 - 16:00, said:
Chicog, on 20 Dec 2014 - 15:27, said:Chicog, on 20 Dec 2014 - 15:27, said:

wink.png

I was in no way getting excited about the performance, just the goal!

2nd half was dross, but result wise considering Stoke etc at home i'm happy.

The humble pie comment related to wanting Lennon to play not Lamela. Thought his backtracking was improved but overall still want to see more from him. Still think he picks the wrong option too much.

Anyone else think Vertonghen was terrible first half?

Who wants Lennon to play in front of lamentable? He's the archetypal one trick pony, and he's not even very good at that.

Apart from a great goal nothing to shout about there at all.

1 Kane works his socks off as does Bentaleb and Mason yet again emphasizing how others don't.

2 Spurs totally hopeless defending looking like we don't even train. No organization.

3 We get an attack of the nerves as soon as we go ahead, sink deeper and remain looking weak and vulnerable until the final whistle.

Change the record because its just so boring now how predictable we are.

"No chance of top four" because we ain't got the balls for the big battles and we don't work hard enough, which Chocog, is what truly is lamentable

• Like 1

Ex Arsenal legend, the powder sniffing drunkard and pea brained simpleton, that is of course the gormless looking Paul Merson, has yet again, for 'footballing reasons" predicted us to come up short today. facepalm.gif

Based on the imbeciles history put your house on us for a win.thumbsup.gif

pretty much as everyone reckoned, Stambouli in for mason only surprise for me is rose in for Davies.

With the way Rose defended today, i hope Davies is back on Sunday!

Lamela was also terrible, kept giving the ball away and giving silly free kicks

and did nothing going forward.

Thank god we've got Ericksen and Kane to keep pushing us through undeserved

wins.

• Like 1

pretty much as everyone reckoned, Stambouli in for mason only surprise for me is rose in for Davies.

wins.

Yep thought leicester were unlucky not to come away with a point. However, it was like playing against a pub team for the first 20 mins leicester were truly woeful and we should have had it wrapped up by well b4 half time . Any ways next man utd !! We'll really get a gauge on how were progressing

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

wins.

Yep thought leicester were unlucky not to come away with a point. However, it was like playing against a pub team for the first 20 mins leicester were truly woeful and we should have had it wrapped up by well b4 half time . Any ways next man utd !! We'll really get a gauge on how were progressing

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

We're not progressing.

If we take anything from that game I will be astonished.

Chequebook out in Jan please.

Edited by smokie36

Not much else to say that hasn't already been said. We keep winning, somehow and as usual largely due to the superb Hugo Lloris that won't be with us next season bar a miracle.

Getting outplayed by Leicester City isn't progress. Just thankful again for another undeserved three points and waiting for an opponent to expose us for what we are. An average side with a great keeper.

• Like 1

Ex Arsenal legend, the powder sniffing drunkard and pea brained simpleton, that is of course the gormless looking Paul Merson, has yet again, for 'footballing reasons" predicted us to come up short today. facepalm.gif

Based on the imbeciles history put your house on us for a win.thumbsup.gif

Can't wait for more expert analysis from this buffoon! smile.png

• Like 1

Not much else to say that hasn't already been said. We keep winning, somehow and as usual largely due to the superb Hugo Lloris that won't be with us next season bar a miracle.

Getting outplayed by Leicester City isn't progress. Just thankful again for another undeserved three points and waiting for an opponent to expose us for what we are. An average side with a great keeper.

Yes Lloris deserves so much better around him.

Another outstanding performance.

Abysmal ! How we won that I will never know, after games like that you start thinking back to the drawing board.

Can someone explain to me why our fullbacks continually position themselves next to the centre backs so they then have 15 yards to make up when the wideplayer gets the ball !

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app