Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Typical TV 'Eff off newbie - we're doing very comfortably on our own thanks' approach :ph34r:

We seem to have scared off Jamesie.....its only a matter of time before sparkles joins him......not sure what we'll do about Bigtoe though! :D

Typical TV 'Eff off newbie - we're doing very comfortably on our own thanks' approach :ph34r:

Not at all SS, for a start he's not a newbie, i don't mind anyone bring constructive but he comes on here as though he is some kind of Spurs expert telling us where we're going wrong but in a condescending way 14.gif.

We seem to have scared off Jamesie.....its only a matter of time before sparkles joins him......not sure what we'll do about Bigtoe though! :D

Sparks often comes on here talking crap.......... i usually give his arse a good smack then he runs away for a few months :D

Usual spuds spouting at the end of a season that they won nothing,you will need a miracle when we take Modric.

Sparkles is correct in what he says here any unbiased football lover can see that.

laugh.gif Champions league your havin a giraffe!

Usual spuds spouting at the end of a season that they won nothing,you will need a miracle when we take Modric.

Sparkles is correct in what he says here any unbiased football lover can see that.

CL might well prove to be beyond our means next season....all depends who we can bring in....and for less money than some other clubs will spend.

But then having shelled out £35m already I can't see your lot affording Modric anyway....especially when yer not even the biggest club in Manchester any more. ;)

CL might well prove to be beyond our means next season....all depends who we can bring in....and for less money than some other clubs will spend.

But then having shelled out £35m already I can't see your lot affording Modric anyway....especially when yer not even the biggest club in Manchester any more. ;)

Manchester? I didn't know Man U had moved to Manchester (yeah I know - tired old jibe, but I've never used it before: first and last):rolleyes:

Edited by SantiSuk

Who's spouting ? just putting Sparks straight :lol: How much do you want on it that you don't take Modric ;)

A Man U fan talking about being unbiased :D :D :D

Where's Champions League been mentioned ;)

careful Red they do seem to get a bit touchy round here when the bare facts are laid out to them in black and white. wink.gif so much so they go into a bit of a sulk and get all defensive. shame their back four isn't as good at defending, hey. laugh.gif

Edited by tigerfish

Who's spouting ? just putting Sparks straight :lol: How much do you want on it that you don't take Modric ;)

A Man U fan talking about being unbiased :D :D :D

Where's Champions League been mentioned ;)

I would not like to take your money,it would be sad enough as it is for you biggrin.gif

And so the merry go round starts!!

http://www.skysports...6991380,00.html

What the fuc is abramvvvvvvvichhhhhhhh on, no manager yet he's still buying players!!!!!

Hopefully he'll give up at £30m. ;)

Thats when we will move in laugh.gif

Haven't you heard?

He's not for sale mate......we might consider £40+ though I suppose. :rolleyes:

I'll say it again slowly this time.......you can't afford him.

And so the merry go round starts!!

http://www.skysports...6991380,00.html

What the fuc is abramvvvvvvvichhhhhhhh on, no manager yet he's still buying players!!!!!

Can't be @rsed to wait for that link to open, but it tells me "Spurs reject Modric bid ...", so I think I can guess. So what has that Spurs reject bid for? :rolleyes:

Well I've just had a peek at the fixtures. A tough start with Everton at home and both Manchester sides to follow.

What's with a New Year's Eve visit to Swansea?? :blink:

Might fancy a flutter on us to take 20pts from the last eight games though! :)

Modric: I want to leave Tottenham

Luka Modric has breathed life into Chelsea's pursuit of his signature by claiming he wants to leave Tottenham.

Luka Modric has expressed his desire to leave Tottenham

Chelsea have had a bid of £22m rejected, with Spurs describing the offer as ridiculous. It was felt at the time that the offer for the Croatian was an opening gambit and it may well have served its purpose as Modric has reacted by revealing he wants to head for a fresh challenge.

"I want to leave Tottenham as friends," Modric is quoted as saying in the Daily Mail. "I have enjoyed my time there, but now it is right for me to look at another club."

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp has made it clear that he does not want to lose Modric, but the player claims he has an agreement with chairman Daniel Levy that could allow him to move on.

"I have an arrangement with the chairman," he said. "When I signed my new contract, he said that, if another club came to sign me, they would consider the offer."

Chelsea can offer Modric Champions League football and he is clearly attracted by that prospect.

He said: "Chelsea are a big club with an ambitious owner. They have great players and they have ambitions to fight for the title and win the Champions League."

Manchester United are believed to be keeping tabs on the situation, but it would appear Modric is happy in London.

"I want to stay in London," he said. "I am very happy here and so are my family. I like the city."

Modric: I want to leave Tottenham

Luka Modric has breathed life into Chelsea's pursuit of his signature by claiming he wants to leave Tottenham.

Luka Modric has expressed his desire to leave Tottenham

Chelsea have had a bid of £22m rejected, with Spurs describing the offer as ridiculous. It was felt at the time that the offer for the Croatian was an opening gambit and it may well have served its purpose as Modric has reacted by revealing he wants to head for a fresh challenge.

"I want to leave Tottenham as friends," Modric is quoted as saying in the Daily Mail. "I have enjoyed my time there, but now it is right for me to look at another club."

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp has made it clear that he does not want to lose Modric, but the player claims he has an agreement with chairman Daniel Levy that could allow him to move on.

"I have an arrangement with the chairman," he said. "When I signed my new contract, he said that, if another club came to sign me, they would consider the offer."

Chelsea can offer Modric Champions League football and he is clearly attracted by that prospect.

He said: "Chelsea are a big club with an ambitious owner. They have great players and they have ambitions to fight for the title and win the Champions League."

Manchester United are believed to be keeping tabs on the situation, but it would appear Modric is happy in London.

"I want to stay in London," he said. "I am very happy here and so are my family. I like the city."

I'd have thought the Daily Record was more up your street Jockstar! :D

I'm a little disappointed the way Modric has chosen to force our hand like this. He's off now so we will just have to milk them for as much as possible.

What with our manager persistently trying to lower expectations, buying geritric keepers and little quality youthful players coming in its rather bleak.

I have an aweful feeling that he's looking to replace 25 year old Modric with, what will soon be 31 year old Scott Parker.

Frankly, with Redknapp telling the fans and players that it would be a "miracle" to qualify for the CL i find it hard to believe that we will keep the likes off Bale and Sandro either after next season.

My thoughts move on to the trial next month and what clauses might be in Mr Redknapps contract if he's found guilty, a verdict thats quite likely. Why Levy would want to keep a manager that will be off in a year regardless is strange.

Atleast for example Liverpool fans can see their club looking to the future and showing that intent. Something i really can't see at White Hart Lane now which, baring in mind the strides forward that have been made over the last couple of seasons is worrying. If they fail to get the signature of Leandro Damiao that pretty much confirms it for me.

Listening to Talksport, it seems the Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Trust has had enough of Redknapps self serving negativity. I just don't understand why the club has'nt told him to put a sock in it. It must deflate the players aswell as us supporters. What is really good to hear is the stance that Danial Levy is taking with regards Luka Modric.

This situation is starting to look rather interesting. I wonder just how much Levy could take Abramovich for on this one?

Edited by carmine

Listening to Talksport, it seems the Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Trust has had enough of Redknapps self serving negativity. I just don't understand why the club has'nt told him to put a sock in it. It must deflate the players aswell as us supporters. What is really good to hear is the stance that Danial Levy is taking with regards Luka Modric.

This situation is starting to look rather interesting. I wonder just how much Levy could take Abramovich for on this one?

It'll be at least £40m.....I just hope if it does go ahead its not a deadline day rush to replace him like with the Berbatov transfer.

He should just sack Redknapp now and make a fresh start.

It'll be at least £40m.....I just hope if it does go ahead its not a deadline day rush to replace him like with the Berbatov transfer.

Don't know about you smokie but i was'nt expecting such a robust response from Levy. I'm starting to think this really isn't done and dusted.

Regards Redknapp, yes, he has to go. He'll be gone in a year either way but nonetheless whats the point in having a manger who talks us down and has less ambition for the club than the chairman, players and fans.

Apart from that i think he's a total C**T

Don't know about you smokie but i was'nt expecting such a robust response from Levy. I'm starting to think this really isn't done and dusted.

Regards Redknapp, yes, he has to go. He'll be gone in a year either way but nonetheless whats the point in having a manger who talks us down and has less ambition for the club than the chairman, players and fans.

Apart from that i think he's a total C**T

Sack Redknapp and make a couple of early big signings.....a central defender and a striker....then hopefully Modric will be singing a different tune.

Sack Redknapp and make a couple of early big signings.....a central defender and a striker....then hopefully Modric will be singing a different tune.

Where's the logic in that?

Signing players without a manager?

And then the new manager that come in says i don't fancy those players.

Where's the logic in that?

Signing players without a manager?

And then the new manager that come in says i don't fancy those players.

Ideally we'd sack him and have him replaced quickly but I'd rather see Levy bring in new players now than piss about waiting for the outcome of a trial while Modric and Bale start looking elsewhere.

Unbelievable..!!

What is it with Spurs fans thinking the grass is always greener..?? The real truth is that we actually qualified for the CL ahead of schedule after the catastrophe that was Juande Ramos and the mess he left us with. 'Arry's problem seems to be that he brough success too quickly. We only missed out on CL again last season due to us being in the competition anyway and highlighting our lack of depth in the squad, particularly in the striking department.

Check our record for last season. If we could have turned just 3 or 4 of our FIFTEEN draws in to wins we'd be there again. It's all about getting a quality 20+ goal striker on board and we'll be fine as we are very difficult to beat. A decent (fully fit) partner for Dawson and we're sorted.

If Modric wants to go then <deleted> him, let him go. 9 goals in almost 100 games does not suggest "World Class" to me and if we can stitch Chelski up for around 35m quid then happy days. Use the dough to but a goal scoring midfielder to partner the sensational Sandro and to feed off VDV and a new striker.

Have faith people, we'll be above The Arse next season.

COYS!