Tottenham Thread

chonabot

just to point out The bbc article looks like its wrong and ari has no intention of blooding younger players in the Europa league

barring the keeper and van, at first glance its a full strength squad..

Edited by rijit

just to point out The bbc article looks like its wrong and ari has no intention of blooding younger players in the Europa league

I think your find rijit that players under 21 don't need to be named in the squad, so the likes of Townsend,Kane etc can still play.

I shall be really annoyed if you lot make a good buy out of a second ex-Arsenal player in the space of only 3 years :rolleyes:. Haven't managed to catch the Wolves game yet to see how he did (other than score on his debut again of course)

Dos Santos never has played central midfield mate and i was'nt suggesting that. he has a lot of speed lots of technical ability and could be a real threat comind in from the right. You'd have VDV in the hole and position Modric on the left but with a more open agenda.

Moving on to Van Der Vaart, i'm getting quite fed up with his petulance. He does'nt seem to be able to play more than 60/70 minutes of a league game, he's just coming back from a hamstring injury and he's just gone bleating to the papers about not playing in the europa, a tournament that is nothing more than a pain in the arse to us. Why would we want to risk first teamers in that tournament, especially with ours and his injury problems?

Credit to Redknapp for taking the sensible decision even if it was a no brainer.

Some players just want the air time in Europe to improve their leverage for the next step up in their career. Watch out for the January window!

I shall be really annoyed if you lot make a good buy out of a second ex-Arsenal player in the space of only 3 years :rolleyes:. Haven't managed to catch the Wolves game yet to see how he did (other than score on his debut again of course)

If he continues scoring at a rate of 1 per game we might forgive him that indiscretion.biggrin.gif

Dos Santos never has played central midfield mate and i was'nt suggesting that. he has a lot of speed lots of technical ability and could be a real threat comind in from the right. You'd have VDV in the hole and position Modric on the left but with a more open agenda.

Moving on to Van Der Vaart, i'm getting quite fed up with his petulance. He does'nt seem to be able to play more than 60/70 minutes of a league game, he's just coming back from a hamstring injury and he's just gone bleating to the papers about not playing in the europa, a tournament that is nothing more than a pain in the arse to us. Why would we want to risk first teamers in that tournament, especially with ours and his injury problems?

Credit to Redknapp for taking the sensible decision even if it was a no brainer.

Some players just want the air time in Europe to improve their leverage for the next step up in their career. Watch out for the January window!

Van Der Vaart runs hot and cold. When he's good he's very good. However, i don't consider him one of our key players as such, and, if we struck a good sell on i would'nt mind in the least if we sold him. The team has to be set around him which i don't necessarily like, he never tracks back and cannot tackle. Thats harsh i know because in the first half of last season he was phenominal but its just the situation as i see it now.

Edited by carmine

I think your find rijit that players under 21 don't need to be named in the squad, so the likes of Townsend,Kane etc can still play.

Thanks Alfie.

To be accurate Spurs* (* sponsored by City) didnt buy him especially as his weekly wages are well beyond what Spurs* can afford. He moved to Spurs* in a loan deal whereby half his salary was still paid by City.

To be accurate Spurs* (* sponsored by City) didnt buy him especially as his weekly wages are well beyond what Spurs* can afford. He moved to Spurs* in a loan deal whereby half his salary was still paid by City.

Yes a great bit of business getting a proven goalscorer for free :lol: didn't even have to pay 35m for him :D

Have now seen the Wolves game. Adybaddie looked reasonably motivated and sharp up front. Still doesn't break any wind to tackle back (which is probably what tends to get him the lazy tag from fans), but I recall he was useful in defence when he had time to get back for set pieces.

Agree it's a good piece of business to get him on loan but loans can be double-edged swords; if he is as good as you guys hope he is then there will be a bit of a Dutch auction for him next Summer with the likes of Newcastle and Sunderland having money to burn and poor strike forces. Levy might wish he had bought him outright.

Have now seen the Wolves game. Adybaddie looked reasonably motivated and sharp up front. Still doesn't break any wind to tackle back (which is probably what tends to get him the lazy tag from fans), but I recall he was useful in defence when he had time to get back for set pieces.

Agree it's a good piece of business to get him on loan but loans can be double-edged swords; if he is as good as you guys hope he is then there will be a bit of a Dutch auction for him next Summer with the likes of Newcastle and Sunderland having money to burn and poor strike forces. Levy might wish he had bought him outright.

Newcastle having money to burn 24.gif

I dont think Our Ari give's a fuc about next season, And why should he, with the England job lined up.

interesting squad for the Europa game

Gomes, Cudicini, Archer, Bassong, Corluka, Walker, Waller-Lassen, Livermore, Townsend, Fredericks, Carroll, Nicholson, Parrett, Pavlyuchenko, Dos Santos, Falque, Kane, Lancaster, Pritchard.

I dont think Our Ari give's a fuc about next season, And why should he, with the England job lined up.

interesting squad for the Europa game

Gomes, Cudicini, Archer, Bassong, Corluka, Walker, Waller-Lassen, Livermore, Townsend, Fredericks, Carroll, Nicholson, Parrett, Pavlyuchenko, Dos Santos, Falque, Kane, Lancaster, Pritchard.

How old must those goalkeepers be feeling!!! :D fantastic to see that line up. Well done redknapp on that. I also think you're right rijit. he does'nt give a toss about next year, but fortunately Levy does and i'm not anticipating Redknapp making any "final" decisions re policy until he goes.

I reckon Levy's going to milk the FA for an absolute fortune. Wait and see on that one, but it's going to be huge compensation :D

I do wish our manager wold refrain from holding dicussions with the press about the England jod......especially at Tottenham Hotspur press conferences on the eve of a match.

It kind of makes me feel he lacks sufficient commitment to us :whistling: I lso feel that there are a load of nervous teenagers about to play the biggest games of their lives and meanwhile all he can do is talk about the England vacancy. Why am i not surprised..

Edited by carmine

Still going on about him managing England.......boring,he will never get that job,ever. blink.gif

He's a walk in for the job provided he's not convicted of tax evasion which is what the FA is probably waiting on. Redknapp seems to be the peoples choice aswell, so that also makes an easy decision for the spineless buffoons at the FA

Still going on about him managing England.......boring,he will never get that job,ever. blink.gif

He's a walk in for the job provided he's not convicted of tax evasion which is what the FA is probably waiting on. Redknapp seems to be the peoples choice aswell, so that also makes an easy decision for the spineless buffoons at the FA

This story just keeps on giving me a warm glow all over...biggrin.gif

Sundays team, i would imagine saggy chops will stick to the same team as last week or perhaps Corluka for Walker. i can't really understand sc's new found admiration for Kranjar, hasn't wanted to play him for the last 18 months and now he can't get enough of him :o.

I would personally play Lennon if fit instead of Kranjar, barring that Hudd or Livermore with Parker and Modric moving to the right.

footnote : sc might even bring in VDV ( another favorite ) to play instead of Kranjar and make us even more unbalanced ;)

exactly. :rolleyes:

I think he's trying to tell us that he bet against his own team :o something all true supporters do ;)

To clear it up ....it was an answer to the reply of "don't take up gambling for a living"

I never back against United....the bet was the two teams to reach the final biggrin.gif which paid for another fabulous holiday to HK! wink.gif

This year i have actually done the same bet but added Bayern in as tricast any 2 from 3.

Good performance from your kids last night,lets hope you smash the mickeys on Sunday wink.gif

Sundays team, i would imagine saggy chops will stick to the same team as last week or perhaps Corluka for Walker. i can't really understand sc's new found admiration for Kranjar, hasn't wanted to play him for the last 18 months and now he can't get enough of him :o.

I would personally play Lennon if fit instead of Kranjar, barring that Hudd or Livermore with Parker and Modric moving to the right.

footnote : sc might even bring in VDV ( another favorite ) to play instead of Kranjar and make us even more unbalanced ;)

I think you are right alfredo. Historically injuries have forced him to make the right decision. Notables being gareth and Sandro. They've been times when he's omitted Hudd and its made me wince. It must be amusing for the neutrals to see him set up so stupily and then, with amazing regularity have to change it all to the obvious at halftime.

I still look back at the game at the library with a huge smile but i'm still wondering how they weren't four up at the break. As my old mate singher once said, he's a lucky manger. He's not lucky when we play a top side with a top manager though. ;)

I'm not sure the nudge nudge wink wink triffic diamond geezer, God bless you treacle cockney is going to work out at international level though.

Great start by spurs, big up to ari 4 leaving van der vart on the bench. and Ive got to say spurs arnt missing him . By far looking the better team thats after 30 ish mins. parker really steadies the midfield, as it stands cant see sandro or hudds gettin bac in. Addey totally looking the part up front bright strong and pacey, good show the spurs.