Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Oh well, we had to have some bad luck at some stage :o still i'll take losing 1 game every 12 all day long 113.gif.

On another point it's nice to see that there's no hiding from the spurs posters when we lose unlike the some of the other threads 11.gif:D

Thats probably because when i was old enough to talk and enjoy football i didn't watch Man Utd and think, oh, they're really good and win all the time, why don't i support a big, rich winning team. :unsure:

This really was the scenario which i thought we would lose. Chris Foy is a t*sser of a referee.

Oh well, we had to have some bad luck at some stage :o still i'll take losing 1 game every 12 all day long 113.gif.

On another point it's nice to see that there's no hiding from the spurs posters when we lose unlike the some of the other threads 11.gif:D

Thats probably because when i was old enough to talk and enjoy football i didn't watch Man Utd and think, oh, they're really good and win all the time, why don't i support a big, rich winning team. :unsure:

This really was the scenario which i thought we would lose. Chris Foy is a t*sser of a referee.

You was robbed. Another absolute shocker by the ref.

Still Stoke are a bit of a nightmare, especially at the Britannia.

As they say in football...

If y = bx + a, then what about Stoke?

You was robbed. Another absolute shocker by the ref.

Still Stoke are a bit of a nightmare, especially at the Britannia.

As they say in football...

If y = bx + a, then what about Stoke?

I loved the comment that Stoke fans cheer an award of a throw in like other fans cheer a penalty award! Tough place the play the Britannia is.

You really have to wonder about some of these referees and linesmen though.

I loved the comment that Stoke fans cheer an award of a throw in like other fans cheer a penalty award! Tough place the play the Britannia is.

Yes. But at the same time dont Stoke have the best throw-ins in the League and that it is surprising that other teams dont copy?

My stats joke (well it wasnt mine) is exactly that. If you look at typical play/performance correlations, then Stoke should be bottom of the League (or very close to bottom) while in fact they are a pretty solid top ten sort of performer.

Their rankings so far this season

Possession 20th

Pass success % 20th

Completed passes 20th

Interceptions 20th

Tackles made 17th

Shots per game 20th

Shots on target 20th

Dribbles 19th

So they clearly must be doing something right.

I always find it amazing that supporters cheer corners given that on average there is only a goal 1 in every 45 corners.

Chris Foy is apparently not being punished in any way for his horrendous refereeing of our game yet Redknapp my yet be charged! Foy cost us three points.

Interesting take on the matter. I thought a perfectly good goal disallowed for offside and a blatent handball and no penalty constituted a rather poor performance but obviously it was Redknapps fault. :rolleyes:

Gotta feel sorry for Chris Hoy though. :)

Edited by carmine

Chris Foy is apparently not being punished in any way for his horrendous refereeing of our game yet Redknapp my yet be charged! Foy cost us three points.

Interesting take on the matter. I thought a perfectly good goal disallowed for offside and a blatent handball and no penalty constituted a rather poor performance but obviously it was Redknapps fault. :rolleyes:

Gotta feel sorry for Chris Hoy though. :)

The spooks in black strike again....playing Stoke reminds me of watching a Fenerbahce match.

Or countless games at Old Trafford of course. wink.gif

Just read a report about Sandro going Man U, while we won't sell him to them perhaps we could loan him and several other fringe players ( Livermore,Kranjar,Pienaar,Carroll,Dos Santos,Pavachenko) to the reds to give them valuable match practice as they wouldn't get too much at spurs plus it would help Utd out at the same time, Redknapp and ole red nose are good mates so perhaps it will happen ;).

Just read a report about Sandro going Man U, while we won't sell him to them perhaps we could loan him and several other fringe players ( Livermore,Kranjar,Pienaar,Carroll,Dos Santos,Pavachenko) to the reds to give them valuable match practice as they wouldn't get too much at spurs plus it would help Utd out at the same time, Redknapp and ole red nose are good mates so perhaps it will happen ;).

Pav's horribly out of form and its possible he might not get in their side. Can't see Ferguson turning bulbous red beak down at the rest though.

I think Utd will make top four but Ferguson must know he's got a fight on his hands what with Chelsea and a resurgent Arsenal.

Edited by carmine

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16167110.stm

Singing from the hymnsheet I hope...while keeping his eye ahead of the ball. In Levy we trust. jap.gif

It does seem to me that Harry's trial is going to be about the most exciting event in football in the New Year.

It probably matters less to Spurs than you would think on the basis that if Harry does go you are a very attractive option for any manager. Even though you dont have a lot of money, you do have plenty of resources within the team. Say you lose Modric for 45m - 45m can buy you a lot if a new manager wants to reorganize the team. You are almost uniquely lucky in the Levy effectively both owns 27% and controls the club and is extremely sharp.

I rather wonder more where England are going to find a manager if they cant choose Harry. I dont actually care that much but that is besides the point.

Spues dont need Harry. England probably need Harry. And Harry needs a very creative lawyer.

Yes. But at the same time dont Stoke have the best throw-ins in the League and that it is surprising that other teams dont copy?

My stats joke (well it wasnt mine) is exactly that. If you look at typical play/performance correlations, then Stoke should be bottom of the League (or very close to bottom) while in fact they are a pretty solid top ten sort of performer.

Their rankings so far this season

Possession 20th

Pass success % 20th

Completed passes 20th

Interceptions 20th

Tackles made 17th

Shots per game 20th

Shots on target 20th

Dribbles 19th

So they clearly must be doing something right.

I always find it amazing that supporters cheer corners given that on average there is only a goal 1 in every 45 corners.

Another excellent stat Abrak. In Arsenal's case until recently it was one in every 45 games. I used to groan and go make a cuppa when we got one and was always surprised that teams hanging onto a slender lead against us didn't keep putting the ball over their own goal line to waste time.

I would be interested to know how many teams use their best striker to put corners in. It baffles me that van P and Shrek hit many of Arsenal's and Man-use corners. It has only just occurred to me that in van P's case maybe it's deliberate - keep him cotton-woolled out of the way of those big nasty centre halves with their knobbly knees and elbows :rolleyes:.

On a serious note the officials are abysmal at officiating corners. All this shoving, bear hugging jumping early over the top and backing-in seems to be regarded as clever professional play and fair game by the ex-player commentators. I think it's major bo$$ocks that does nothing to enhance the spectacle of the game. Maybe I would think differently if I were an ex-player.

The rumour mill is rife with gossip about Redknap going for Tevez.

Ofcourse Redknapp would go for Tevez, i'm sure its a very valid rumour on that basis. However there is no on earth City would sell him to Spurs...or loan him for that matter.

If anyone cites the Adebayor loan deal i would counter that the situation was totyally different as Spurs have way over achieved on what was expected. Well, certainly according to the imbeciles called tv pundits and the poisonous press.

Ofcourse Redknapp would go for Tevez, i'm sure its a very valid rumour on that basis. However there is no on earth City would sell him to Spurs...or loan him for that matter.

If anyone cites the Adebayor loan deal i would counter that the situation was totyally different as Spurs have way over achieved on what was expected. Well, certainly according to the imbeciles called tv pundits and the poisonous press.

Tevez is going abroad. More nonsense from the press...expect more of this sort of stuff to appear in the coming weeks.

Its a financial impossibility for us.

Happy Christmas to all the Spurs fans :jap:

39.gif39.gif MrRed being festive, must be after something :(...................... sorry but Modric is not for sale :D

Some of our fringe players would do you a turn though :lol: plus they need some match practice ;)

Edited by alfieconn

Tevez is going abroad. More nonsense from the press...expect more of this sort of stuff to appear in the coming weeks.

I thought Adeybayor was too,Tevez is a possibility do not underestimate Levy,like i say it could be a happy christmas for you lot and i don't think Modric would get in the United team at present :D

MrRed, if City let us have Tevez and Ledley King continued playing for us at the level he is now we would be very realistic title challengers. Why on earth would the richest team in the world do something so stupid?

Answer; They wouldn't, its more bullshit from the press.

I also think some of our bench players could walk into your starting line up.

I thought Adeybayor was too,Tevez is a possibility do not underestimate Levy,like i say it could be a happy christmas for you lot and i don't think Modric would get in the United team at present :D

Nico Krancjar might though! biggrin.gif

MrRed, if City let us have Tevez and Ledley King continued playing for us at the level he is now we would be very realistic title challengers. Why on earth would the richest team in the world do something so stupid?

Who before i accuse you of verbal diarrhea?

Who before i accuse you of verbal diarrhea?

Sandro.

And yet with a team full of massive stars, the spurs-aka, the team with serious issues with relegated west ham, and resurgent arsenal, continue to grasp at anything in their quest for 4th or 5th place......;)

You're worried James...I can smell your fear and insecurity. A battle for 4th/5th.....ah yes....biggrin.gif

And yet with a team full of massive stars, the spurs-aka, the team with serious issues with relegated west ham, and resurgent arsenal, continue to grasp at anything in their quest for 4th or 5th place......;)

6th or 7th place James ;)

You're worried James...I can smell your fear and insecurity. A battle for 4th/5th.....ah yes....biggrin.gif

Notice that neither of them have disagreed about Hudd and Sandro though. :D And yes, jimbo's really snatching at straws isn't he. :)