Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Drop ball <deleted>?? and Spurs where very ungentlemanly about it,a disgrace to fair play they are.

Interesting. You choose to watch our game instead of the Utd game. Is that because we play better style football laugh.png

Ya gots him there...

POPEYE_AND_FRIENDS_VOL_1-18.jpg

AAAHuuUUHGUhGuhGugGuhGuh!

Drop ball <deleted>?? and Spurs where very ungentlemanly about it,a disgrace to fair play they are.

We didn't give the ball back because their goalkeeper was lying on the deck , winking at his teamates pretending to be injured. I trust that we behave the same if similar incidents occur in the future. We simply choose not to reward cheating.

We didn't give the ball back because their goalkeeper was lying on the deck , winking at his teamates pretending to be injured. I trust that we behave the same if similar incidents occur in the future. We simply choose not to reward cheating.

He's a Salford lad carms...probably flying down to sort yer out...biggrin.png

Interesting. You choose to watch our game instead of the Utd game. Is that because we play better style football laugh.png

On my TV i can watch two games at the same time actually,yours was in the small screen so i didn't see him winking even in HD wink.png fair result though from what i caught and it is difficult when we are scoring goals and winning.

Personally I think you lot whinge a lot more on your thread than we whinge on ours. We are mostly just happy to have the evil twins out of the way and Kenny back.

The fact is in 38 matches there are bound to be a few that he ref's decision goes against you or you dont take all the chances you had. The big plus about Spurs is that you have the most consistent form in the league - you are top I think against the bottom 10. Meanwhile Utd have been sporadic, Jeckyll and Hyde and now City who were invincible are suddenly playing well below their potential even given absentees. So you can start complaining when your team starts playing well below their potential like at the end of last year.

Out of interest, do you know why given that you are only 2 points behind ManU, that Man U have to go to WHL and that you both have (4/5 away games against the top 6 which accounts for 5.3 points of the average 11.9 home away differential) is it assumed that Man U will finish 5 points ahead of you in the League?

Personally I think you lot whinge a lot more on your thread than we whinge on ours. We are mostly just happy to have the evil twins out of the way and Kenny back.

The fact is in 38 matches there are bound to be a few that he ref's decision goes against you or you dont take all the chances you had. The big plus about Spurs is that you have the most consistent form in the league - you are top I think against the bottom 10. Meanwhile Utd have been sporadic, Jeckyll and Hyde and now City who were invincible are suddenly playing well below their potential even given absentees. So you can start complaining when your team starts playing well below their potential like at the end of last year.

Out of interest, do you know why given that you are only 2 points behind ManU, that Man U have to go to WHL and that you both have (4/5 away games against the top 6 which accounts for 5.3 points of the average 11.9 home away differential) is it assumed that Man U will finish 5 points ahead of you in the League?

laugh.png Whinging?? We are the happiest fans in the Premiership Abrak!

laugh.png Whinging?? We are the happiest fans in the Premiership Abrak!

You lot dont sound like it at times. Fact is your time has surprised everybody including yourselves. Writing off the first two games you havent put a foot wrong. Also you have effectively already qualified 4th, so its all upside. And if I was Spurs I would focus 100% on winning the FA Cup.

Abrak a load of <deleted> mate,they need to try and get 4th first and they are far from doing that,arry's up soon and they will hit the buffers,expect the Arse and Chelsea to overtake them.

The FA Cup is a competition they could do well in but at what cost?

Abrak a load of <deleted> mate,they need to try and get 4th first and they are far from doing that,arry's up soon and they will hit the buffers,expect the Arse and Chelsea to overtake them.

Luckily we live in the real world as well. A decent performance in Manchester next weekend will suit us. We need points...and yeah to stay ahead of the Russian mafia first an' foremost.

No Spurs will at least clinch 4th.

I think you may be right and that at some point 'Spurs will hit the buffers' and put together a string of bad results. So lets assume they play about as badly as we know they can play - like the second half of last year - and only get 26 points from their last 17 matches (the ppg goes from over 2 ro 1.5). That would still give them 72 points.

Now 72 points has been enough to get 4th in every Premiership season and for Spurs to come 5th two teams - Arsenal and Chelsea would have to score more. For Arsenal that would mean achieving ppg of over 2 which they have not done in over 4 years and Chelsea could not afford a slip up. There is, of course, no sign at all that Spurs are going to have a dramatic collapse. (By the way if you consider that Liverpool were the most improved team in calendar 2011 in the Premiership by 0.35 points, a 0.5 drop in ppg would be pretty exceptional.)

A more plausible scenario is that they might fade somewhat in the second half but it is again extremely unlikely that they would miss out on 4th because it would take not one but two other clubs BOTH of which would need to have dramatic runs to beat them. So once again you would need a confluence of unlikely events.

So bottom line is 4th is in the bag and it is just a matter of how much they can do better.

Hard fought point against a resolute Wolves, which on another day or maybe last season we could quite easily walked with a defeat. However we huffed and puffed but just couldn't blow them away. Adeboy needs to get his scoring boots on a little more, but he needs a hand from the midfield, i know moidric scored but he should be on the score sheet far more regularly.. whilst walker makes so many amazing runs his deliveries overall are piss poor, lets hope they improve, as should van dermans set pieces IMO he shouldn't be takin them apart from niot being productive enuf with them other words dont think he's that good at them he should be in the box sniiffing for half chances, like defoe he's good at it. so why is he takin them in the first place?? oh and here's one for you lads Abrak in particular http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2011/12/30/tottenham-will-become-first-premier-league-club-to-concede-1000-goals-and-its-proof-of-class-301202/

Oh and how bad is our point at swansea lookin now? did anyone see that table for completed passes? they are in the top 5?? in Europe <deleted>

Loic Remy this week if you don't mind Daniel...wink.png

You may get your request. http://www1.skysport...hes-Torres-talk

We can hope but for the reasons Abrak stated its unlikely....unless Daniel offers some serious money, which is not happening I assume.

Well OM would have to find a replacement which is why Levy offered Pav - being an excessively generous man. I wouldnt be at all surprised though if you arrange to pick him up in the summer. He might cost 20-25m (money OM need) but I bet his weekly wage is 80-90k rather than something stupid. There is a ready made first team place for him so it would be an attractive offer. I think Levy might tie him up now rather than risk him going to the Euros.

There are just so few strikers that might fit say Spurs/Liverpool budget. A player like Damaio that Carmine pines for has an aggressive agent and is looking for 160k a week. Or you get players like Poldolski who has hit a purple patch after years of disappointment that will probably end the day you sign him (as of mid 2010 Poldolski had scored more goals for Germany than in the Bundesliga.)

wai.gif ? Should this not be in the Football business thread?

Honestly, I don't know and I don't care, football is about football and whilst the 'financials' of a club and their owners do play a part, that is not why I like it. I dislike the fact that players can earn dis-proportionate amounts of money compared to the rest of the general population that support them. The old argument was that they only have a 15 year career whereas the rest of us have a 47 (65-18) year career is blown out of the window!

Edited by trevorg

The Daily Mail is reporting that Sandro could be in contention for a start on sunday! Surely this is rubbish with no foundation. How can a grade 3 tear become a minor calf strain? They are also saying Ledley is back which is also reported alsewhere and altogether more plausible.

Big oppotunity for Defoe on sundaywink.png Could be very interesting if he continues in his current form. Personally i think he should have been rotated more rather than just been left on the bench recently.

Edited by carmine

The Daily Mail is reporting that Sandro could be in contention for a start on sunday! Surely this is rubbish with no foundation. How can a grade 3 tear become a minor calf strain? They are also saying Ledley is back which is also reported alsewhere and altogether more plausible.

Big oppotunity for Defoe on sundaywink.png Could be very interesting if he continues in his current form. Personally i think he should have been rotated more rather than just been left on the bench recently.

I hope its true regarding Sandro. Defoe needs to be taking his chances and it would be great to see a Modders special this weekend. smile.png

I hope its true regarding Sandro. Defoe needs to be taking his chances and it would be great to see a Modders special this weekend. smile.png

I'm sure the report is crap. I am very interested/worried how HR is going to set us up. He has to get it right for this one

BTW do any of you guys know who owns Spurs.

This has been puzzling me for sometime.

I understand the ENIC shareholding. And also Levy's 27% share of ENIC but at that point it stops at a deadend without making an effort.

Joe Lewis.

Ho ho....

I'm sure the report is crap. I am very interested/worried how HR is going to set us up. He has to get it right for this one

Defoe and VDV. King if fit alongside Kaboul. Parker and Modric and the two wingers.

Nice to see Caulker in the team of the week...but why the f*** is he there??

I understand the ENIC shareholding. And also Levy's 27% share of ENIC but at that point it stops at a deadend without making an effort.

Joe Lewis.

Ho ho....

Go on Abby tell us all about it...

Joe Lewis.

Ho ho....

Is someone dissing Bahama Joe!!

Joe Lewis.

Ho ho....

Well I mean I didnt need you to tell me that Joe Lewis owns 70% of ENIC, did I?

However, to me Joe Lewis bears far more resemblance to an offshore nominee of Levy, than he does to a 3billion quid majority shareholder and owner of Spurs. I cannot see how Joe Lewis would have set up the ENIC structure to own Spurs while it makes perfect sense for Levy to set up the ENIC structure to control Spurs. But that is business.

Obviously Lewis could just be a massive fan and it is a relative modest investment. Clearly it is great to go to games regularly and be the owner and all. The problem is that we dont know the shareholder agreement between the two.

It is also quite possible (but I feel unlikely) that Lewis owns Levy's stake.