Tottenham Thread

chonabot

No according to the bbc the ko is 1600 uk time

And would city really want modric? when he has trouble fiting nasri and silva in . But i think it would tke a hefty bid 4 another prem club to pry him away, if we turned down 40 or was it 35 from chelsea, should 50 do it? I reckon if ari stays so will modric if ari goes so will modric.

Anyway, bac to reality We really need to be beating swansea, we lose and IMO we can kiss 3 rd place good bye, but i suppose its gonna be like that for every game 4 the rest of the season.

And would city really want modric? when he has trouble fiting nasri and silva in . But i think it would tke a hefty bid 4 another prem club to pry him away, if we turned down 40 or was it 35 from chelsea, should 50 do it? I reckon if ari stays so will modric if ari goes so will modric.

Anyway, bac to reality We really need to be beating swansea, we lose and IMO we can kiss 3 rd place good bye, but i suppose its gonna be like that for every game 4 the rest of the season.

think you'll find the BBC is wrong.

I'm quietly confident of 3rd and see no reason why we shouldn't do very well out of our last eight league games.

Whether Modric stays or not is also about who the new manager will be if Redknapp goes. at the end of the day its all about the money with Modric ans we can't match other offers that will be on the table. i hope they are focusing on a replacement for him

where did you see that?

Where's Alfredo? huh.png

Thanks for your concerns smokes and will be back with avengence soon, had to move into our new house even though it wasn't finished, getting there now and internet should be on this week, making do with a pony old aircard at the moment, at least we've had true working so hav'nt missed any games

So what time is ko ? checked a few sites and it still shown as 1600, Or is this some dumb assed april tools gag??, I would have been more than pissed if i'de have missed the game!!!!

Todays kick off is at 16.00 Its the sky sports 'naffly named" super sunday game.

The FA cup semi is a 18.00 kick off.

So what time is ko ? checked a few sites and it still shown as 1600, Or is this some dumb assed april tools gag??, I would have been more than pissed if i'de have missed the game!!!!

Todays kick off is at 16.00 Its the sky sports 'naffly named" super sunday game.

The FA cup semi is a 18.00 kick off.

Yeah the cup game is at 6pm. The Russian mafia are up in arms of course assuming they will beat Benfica.

I hope that game goes to extra time and penalties....let's have a proper bruising encounter please all you Portuguese...

I'm quietly confident of 3rd and see no reason why we shouldn't do very well out of our last eight league games.

Whether Modric stays or not is also about who the new manager will be if Redknapp goes. at the end of the day its all about the money with Modric ans we can't match other offers that will be on the table. i hope they are focusing on a replacement for him

I dunno, but can one proclaim quiet confidence on the internet? giggle.gif

You missed a superb game of football. Spock bach and Addie baddie were outstanding and Swansea played some lovely stuff that 3-1 doesn't quite do justice to. Credit to both sides - I have never seen two managers standing together at the final whistle, pausing to discuss the finer points of the game they had just managed. Or was it the debrief from one manager to his successor? Good choice if it was - Rogers could be an emerging Mourinho who needs to avoid overpaid football mega-prats for his next career move. Spurs, Arsenal or maybe even Man U would fit that bill.

[Your'e still behind Arsenal by a hair's breadth, despite your much better season: Chelsea and now Newcastle still not far enough behind (both 5 points) for comfort]

Edited by SantiSuk

As said it was a fine game...supplemented by some great real ale...ahhh..I love being home I do!

Bale was outstanding today...didn't drift too much...Adebayor showed why he's worth a big contract as well....

Edit: To add...Swansea are indeed a good side...at 1-1 I thought they could just as easily have nicked it. Big reliefs all round when the third goal went in.

Edited by smokie36

Lucky sod - I watched the game with Lao Khao, fed up with cr@p lager.

in 2 days, i will be able to watch the games at reasonable time of night, at the moment i would be happy to watch the games with some lao khao, got some in the cupboard, but its not the same is it.

smokie, is on the bitter and twisted and no doubt his sunday supper will taste better after a win

in 2 days, i will be able to watch the games at reasonable time of night, at the moment i would be happy to watch the games with some lao khao, got some in the cupboard, but its not the same is it.

smokie, is on the bitter and twisted and no doubt his sunday supper will taste better after a win

What a weekend...family high jinks Sat night...a win today...and now my pizza has arrived hot n fresh....time to uncork the vino...haha

Oh yes - the old Harviestoun I believe. I'd be sobbing by now were it not for the fact I'll be back myself for a tasting in 3 weeks.

Good win and thought we deserved it, we grafted and didnt really let Swansea play they showed some real quality and most of the time they matched us, barring bale I felt man 4 man they could match us and could almost outplay us.perhaps thats harsh/ But

and until the 3 rd went in, i wasn't a 100 % confident we would take 3 points. Really glad for him but, Dont think adeboy would have scored those 2 goals against 95 % of prem teams, sori zonal markin aint really worked in the prem, far 2 smart for english defences, to step on rodgers will have to sort that out

I know i go on bout van der varts corners ect ect , according to commentators today was the first time in 135 ish corners we've scored from, now if there's a damming stat for why we have to qualify 4 the champions league ,imo, it's that.

Don't go overboard about the corners issue lads, they are overated anyway.

Fine allround performance. We really are back on track now and thats a good thing because sunderland away next represents probably our most difficult remaining game.

That was a very good advertisement for premier league football. Rodgers has a great future in management i'm sure but theres still a degree of learning, especially defensively before he's ready for the next level. Won't be long though. I reckon its a huge bonus for us to have had Stephen Caulker playing for them this season and i hope he's pushing for a starting place with Kaboul next season.

I was much happier seeing Lennon on the right. I rather VDV played in the hole and if thats not an option keep him fit on the bench.

Full of reasons to be positive. No real negatives.

On a footnote, i wonder whats going to happen with Ledley what with the emergence of Caulker and presumably a fit Dawson for next season? Maybe the age of gallas might secure him a one year contract or will it be pay as you play?

i suppose i should add to my post to say that Redknapp did infact get things right yesterday. Bolstered the midfield to make sure win didn't concede all the possession, and pressed the ball high up the field. i also thought it sensible not to have started lennon and just hand him a 20 minute run out. jap.gif

i suppose i should add to my post to say that Redknapp did infact get things right yesterday. Bolstered the midfield to make sure win didn't concede all the possession, and pressed the ball high up the field. i also thought it sensible not to have started lennon and just hand him a 20 minute run out. jap.gif

Good to see Lennon back. Looking good for our run in now!

Adebayor showed why he's worth a big contract as well....

Is it from the mouth of Smokes that your going to buy him?

I must admit, I was screaming for either you or Swansea to score another at 2-1. JustinCredible had 2-1 has his banker!!

Adebayor showed why he's worth a big contract as well....

Is it from the mouth of Smokes that your going to buy him?

I must admit, I was screaming for either you or Swansea to score another at 2-1. JustinCredible had 2-1 has his banker!!

Probably not. His wages are the problem innit?

Edit: Its tight up there at the top of the prediction league....I thought Jockstar might make a late bid for glory....

Meanwhile I'm relying on MrRed's suspensions to save me from the wooden spoon...biggrin.png

Edited by smokie36

Yeah good point carmine best we forget about corners after all them and free kics, rightly or wrongly, don't really matter and never have had a place in English football have they!!!, I dont know what the average goal per corner is, but one in 30 even 40 sounds reasonable and where would that put our goal ave compared to arsenals, yeah but sori i forgot corners they're over rated!!!! and just to ad to that vdv is just so good at reading and picking on little things/mistakes/ knock-downs aka yesterdays goal, in the box, its almost a criminal waste having him over at the corner flag, give the corners to modric, we'd be stronger for it., But yeah. thought that ari's tactical game was good yesterday, that our work ethic and bale made the difference.