Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Weather we make CL or not, its time for Levy to bring out his check book and land a striker. The team have been screaming for a quality striker since Berbatov left. Not sure if Adebayor is the answer in the long run. Dont think Saha will get a new deal, and if we cant land Adebayor, that only leaves Defoe. But I guess Levys main objective will be to solve the manager situation.

Weather we make CL or not, its time for Levy to bring out his check book and land a striker. The team have been screaming for a quality striker since Berbatov left. Not sure if Adebayor is the answer in the long run. Dont think Saha will get a new deal, and if we cant land Adebayor, that only leaves Defoe. But I guess Levys main objective will be to solve the manager situation.

Yeah its a depressing picture. I don't think Adebayor is staying to be honest. We need to look elsewhere....

I don't think you need to be working class to enjoy a game of football

Besides what defines working class anyway .....

Ohhh and I wasn't posting that comment to seapok as a mod. If I were it would have been deleted. And if you decide to repost something that's against the forum rule just cos I let you get away without a warning, well next time I can assure you I won't be as tolerant as a mod when a rule is broken

It IS because this is the footie forum, where we have always allowed more of the 'crude' banter, hence why you only had the post deleted with a friendly note on here

I can do nasty too, if you prefer rijit

Cheers

• Like 1

Oh c'mon seapok

You know that's tacky and low

Haha I give as good as I get Mig, at the end of the day its just a good bit on banter, if people get easily wound up they shouldn't be on footie threads.....whos coming out in BKK to watch the FA Cup final with me? thumbsup.gif

Oh c'mon seapok

Haha I give as good as I get Mig, at the end of the day its just a good bit on banter, if people get easily wound up they shouldn't be on footie threads.....whos coming out in BKK to watch the FA Cup final with me? thumbsup.gif

Not me. tongue.png

I'd rather go to the pub with carmine and rijit.....cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by smokie36

Hey u spurs fans, do u think the management at your club is confusing the players-and each other- with the "too many cooks spoil the broth" syndrome. Every time I see some of the games involving Tottenham there is these 3 'wise men' acting like fish wifes on the touch line namely the manager with Bond and Jordan who seem to be pulling each other in different directions. And we also have Clive Allen to lurking in the back ground.

I do wonder if there have if the touch line management team have a nick name. They are starting to look like each other.

May I suggest they be called the 3 stoogies? Or what about the pidgeon sisters?!

Any other suggestions?

Some people really ought 2 look at what they do and what there actions stand for.

Mate look in the mirror...comb yer hair...and go an have a cold beer somewhere with the fans turned up full!!

Are you gona be in Bangers at that time? I won't bother asking you to get a beer, 1 you are a spurs fan and 2 you are the other one haha your hands must never leave your pockets!

Can anyone suggest a decent boozer that will be showing the game as its a late kick off?

The Jocks are world renowned for being tight also.

Yeah thats what I was getting at but didn't want to say haha

Thats not true. carmine will be on in the morning to confirm what I'm saying. I've no doubt at all....I always buy a round I do....!

Hey u spurs fans, do u think the management at your club is confusing the players-and each other- with the "too many cooks spoil the broth" syndrome. Every time I see some of the games involving Tottenham there is these 3 'wise men' acting like fish wifes on the touch line namely the manager with Bond and Jordan who seem to be pulling each other in different directions. And we also have Clive Allen to lurking in the back ground.

I do wonder if there have if the touch line management team have a nick name. They are starting to look like each other.

May I suggest they be called the 3 stoogies? Or what about the pidgeon sisters?!

Any other suggestions?

You might have a point. I really don't know what Bond does. Jordan just shouts and screams on the touchline and i have no idea what Allen and les ferdinand, our forwards coach! are doing in employment either.

Oh c'mon seapok

Not me. tongue.png

sounds like a good reason to give up drinking

Oh c'mon seapok

Not me. tongue.png

sounds like a good reason to give up drinking

lol

Bond and Jordan is assistants to Harry, and there are heaps of other clubs that has assistants that gives messages to the players. Not an issue at all. See D. Platt at Man C, Pat Rice at Arsenal and so on. Its not like Harry says this, and the others say something else. They have been working together for years, also at other clubs. So im sure both the players and the staff, knows who to listen to. Ferdinand is always on the stands, while Allen don't gives input to the players during the games. Not sure, but maybe he does the warm up drills. Been awhile since I have gone to a game now, so not sure.

Bond and Jordan is assistants to Harry, and there are heaps of other clubs that has assistants that gives messages to the players. Not an issue at all. See D. Platt at Man C, Pat Rice at Arsenal and so on. Its not like Harry says this, and the others say something else. They have been working together for years, also at other clubs. So im sure both the players and the staff, knows who to listen to. Ferdinand is always on the stands, while Allen don't gives input to the players during the games. Not sure, but maybe he does the warm up drills. Been awhile since I have gone to a game now, so not sure.

We need some fresh ideas next season. I hope a least some faces change at WHL on the coaching side as we don't seem to be moving forward quickly enough.

We need some fresh ideas next season. I hope a least some faces change at WHL on the coaching side as we don't seem to be moving forward quickly enough.

I have always been critical to Harrys tactical abillities to change games, and his line up selection. Having said that, he has brought the team forward almost every season and without all the injuries to the defenders, Im sure we would have been fighting at the top. Lets say they dont qualify for CL, and Harry takes over Tottenham. Im afraid Modric goes, but that will give us 40ish m.p and then The FA must pay around 8-9 mp. for Harry. On top of that it has been reported Levy will give around 30+ mp. So all in all a new manager will have around 80 mp to buy players for, im pretty sure that makes the job very attractive, along with a strong team from before. Even with Bale going as well, giving the manager even more money, it should be possible to get a stronger team next season.

But who would be in line to become the next manager? Mourinho is a dream, but unlikely. B. Rodgers have done a tremendous job at Swansea, and plays attractive football. Moyes are always mentioned, and have done a great job at a club without big resources. Maybe not the most attractive football thou. I see many supporters suggesting M. Jol again, but he has the same tactical problems as Harry. Difficult to say who it might be.

I have always been critical to Harrys tactical abillities to change games, and his line up selection. Having said that, he has brought the team forward almost every season and without all the injuries to the defenders, Im sure we would have been fighting at the top. Lets say they dont qualify for CL, and Harry takes over Tottenham. Im afraid Modric goes, but that will give us 40ish m.p and then The FA must pay around 8-9 mp. for Harry. On top of that it has been reported Levy will give around 30+ mp. So all in all a new manager will have around 80 mp to buy players for, im pretty sure that makes the job very attractive, along with a strong team from before. Even with Bale going as well, giving the manager even more money, it should be possible to get a stronger team next season.

But who would be in line to become the next manager? Mourinho is a dream, but unlikely. B. Rodgers have done a tremendous job at Swansea, and plays attractive football. Moyes are always mentioned, and have done a great job at a club without big resources. Maybe not the most attractive football thou. I see many supporters suggesting M. Jol again, but he has the same tactical problems as Harry. Difficult to say who it might be.

Pardew will take the trophy of manager of the season if they get up to 4th. Second candidate for me would be Paul Lambert at Norwich. Reckon one of he or Rodgers will be British manager of the future, depending on which one has the appetite and talent for managing overpaid and under-smarts to$$ers. Lambert could be the Mr Whiskey nose of the future - strikes me as a tactically talented coach from a no-nonsense industrial Scottish town.

i only put the e in to annoy Smokie

Dont care if they turn this around. But can someone tell me who gives Bale the permision to drift inside, when we dont have Lennon on? Surely when you play a team with many people behind the ball, you need to stretch them. We have played 45 min, and Bale has not been on a single run down the side. So sick of Harry now. Its the second season the team are at bottom of the league after x-mas.

Edited by Troyron

Looking a bit like Newcastle for third now with a poor quality scrap for fourth still on. I worry that Chelsea will be out of contention before they play Newcastle, which was my banker for stopping Newcastle in their tracks.

You guys can't seriously be going to lose any of your three easy remaining matches are you (I could be addressing that to either Spurs or Arsenal)

Dreadful viewing!

Harry is confident we will win our remaining four games. What a relief because i can't see how on earth we'll win any of them. Body language, as also mentioned by the commentators, was aweful. Totally disjointed, Bale seemingly does what he wants now, Modric showing no authority in the midfield and no away wins this year. whistling.gif

Dreadful viewing!

Harry is confident we will win our remaining four games. What a relief because i can't see how on earth we'll win any of them. Body language, as also mentioned by the commentators, was aweful. Totally disjointed, Bale seemingly does what he wants now, Modric showing no authority in the midfield and no away wins this year. whistling.gif

Whats even more worrying is that if we keep playing like this, will the FA want him, thats if he hasn't already got the job of course !

Edited by alfieconn

Good morning chaps!

I must admit the demise of your team is no surprise to me as i stated at the start of the season.

Lets hope it has also put them dicks at the FA off your <deleted> manager too eh! coffee1.gif piss poorcoffee1.gif