Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Just don't encourage that bloody gooner on here rij...that's all I'm sayin'....

Oh and the game is tomorrow mate.

bugger i have missed all the fun over the last couple of weeks !biggrin.png

just don't forget the glasses, mixers and ice, there's a good chap smokes. burp.gif

don't tell me you've forgotten our little side bet ? wink.png

Not over till the fat lady sings....now where can we find a fat lady?.....hmmmm.......whistling.gif

just don't forget the glasses, mixers and ice, there's a good chap smokes. burp.gif

Not over till the fat lady sings....now where can we find a fat lady?.....hmmmm.......whistling.gif

now now smokie, that's no way to talk about the female moderating fraternity within the forum.

time to get me hat, me thinks ! biggrin.png

Edited by tigerfish

now now smokie, that's no way to talk about the female moderating fraternity within the forum.

time to get me hat, me thinks ! biggrin.png

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. huh.png

Can we get back to the football now please? jap.gif

Ofcourse smokes, i'm just a bit disappointed i didn't express my true thoughts.

Let it go.

Its got to be one striker for this one....even with all eyes watching 'Arry can't <deleted> this one up!

I wonder what team Abramovich will pick with the midweek game looming? I have a feeling it may be largely a second string side we're facing tonight....

Edited by smokie36

Can we get back to the football now please? jap.gif

Ofcourse smokes, i'm just a bit disappointed i didn't express my true thoughts.

Let it go.

Its got to be one striker for this one....even with all eyes watching 'Arry can't <deleted> this one up!

I wonder what team Abramovich will pick with the midweek game looming? I have a feeling it may be largely a second string side we're facing tonight....

Disagree mate. It'll be their best side. They have to go for it. The Chelsea players see us as their big derby game as do there fans. Secondly this is without doubt their only realistic chance of silverware.

We must surely go 4-2-3-1. Our center backs need the extra cover infront of them. I'm gutted Gallas is crocked. Sounds like the same old calf problem.

I would reckon Bale Modric and Lennon with Adebayor upfront with Parker and Sandro (if fit) infront of Walker Nelson King and BAE. Van Der Vaart to get a run out if we need to change formation. One things for sure, its going to have to be very dire staits indeed if Bentley plays.

Disagree mate. It'll be their best side. They have to go for it. The Chelsea players see us as their big derby game as do there fans. Secondly this is without doubt their only realistic chance of silverware.

We must surely go 4-2-3-1. Our center backs need the extra cover infront of them. I'm gutted Gallas is crocked. Sounds like the same old calf problem.

I would reckon Bale Modric and Lennon with Adebayor upfront with Parker and Sandro (if fit) infront of Walker Nelson King and BAE. Van Der Vaart to get a run out if we need to change formation. One things for sure, its going to have to be very dire staits indeed if Bentley plays.

I hear what you're saying but the Chelsea management don't work to the same mentality as the rest of us...

Anyway I agree on that team....Bentley farkin ell....we need another right sided midfielder in the summer....we simply have no decent cover for Lennon.

VDV might have to leave I reckon.

I hear what you're saying but the Chelsea management don't work to the same mentality as the rest of us...

Anyway I agree on that team....Bentley farkin ell....we need another right sided midfielder in the summer....we simply have no decent cover for Lennon.

Maybe he will have to go. I'm a big fan of his but if he's not scoring regularily, which he's not, then he's a real luxury and we have to change our set up just to accomodate him.

The bonus to selling him is he still has a good sell on value and we'd probably turn a profit aswell.

Its probably not going to be a good transfer window for us because even if we manage fourth any world class player is going to want to see us get through that qualifier. That gives the big spenders a lot of extra time to work on the players we've been discussing over recent months.

Maybe he will have to go. I'm a big fan of his but if he's not scoring regularily, which he's not, then he's a real luxury and we have to change our set up just to accomodate him.

The bonus to selling him is he still has a good sell on value and we'd probably turn a profit aswell.

Its probably not going to be a good transfer window for us because even if we manage fourth any world class player is going to want to see us get through that qualifier. That gives the big spenders a lot of extra time to work on the players we've been discussing over recent months.

Given the uncertainty over the managers position for next season...coupled with the usual Modric nonsense it could be a very long summer indeed.

See what happens we go away for a day and you have SBk in here cracking the whip.

Everything was fine when I left Riyadh this morning. Thought everyone was asleep. Cheers chaps. MiGsy, JS and me have to report to SBK for detention now.

Sorry mrboj...but with Alfredo waiting for his internet connection its become impossible to stop the pair of them! biggrin.png

If only our team would show the same passion and commitment!

Oh and risk taking...ph34r.png

That was disgraceful. Prolly the worse referee decision ive seen. Clear foul by Terry. And didn't even look like the ball went pass the line

Good to see that you guys managed to gain one goal back already

Potentially great game ruined by institutional refusal to address the repeated problem of inadequate numbers of officials applied to top flight games. Severe embarrassment for Atkinson - caught out guessing that the ball had crossed the line from players reactions.

I agree with the above...and it affected our teams play as well.

We need the technology now please....

We were a shambles though and nothing can excuse that really.

I'm morose tbh....at least it wasn't a league game....nothing positive to say tonight at all.....

Well that was totally embarrassing!!! ok a poor decision by the ref 4 the second, Lets be quite honest chelsea actually arnt that good no pace on the break and little midfield creativity but 5 -1 they've fuc_king hammered us. and why? Cudicine didnt exactly cover himself in glory poor positioning for 2 of them but for me the main reason THE CB's, it has to go down as the worst performance ive witnessed by a p/l centre bac pairing for for many a year, gallas was shockingly terrible, took me bac to the days when mabbut used to get regularly out muscled and not even a whiff of mabbuts passion or commitment . king wasnt much better, far 2 often got caught drawn out of position and regularly made bad decisions. and every time i look at him he seems to get nearer and nearer getting a double chin, really really best rid of both me thinks. And 2 say walker is struggling is being kind. For me the only 2 players that came out any where near getting credit were Parker, and even his theatrical full on flings into hopeless situ's, had a strong whiff of desperation about them, and the lemmon, who did well.

Well for me we can kiss the champions league good bye, but one thing lets hope we can truly express our selves for the rest of the season and the end our season doesn't turn into 2 much of a cartoon or should i say total joke!!!!giggle.gifclap2.gif

Edited by rijit

Well that was one hell of a beating. They were way to open in the middle, as I was abit concered about. However thought they would cope better than that. That second "goal" killed us, even if we managed to get one back. Really concerned about our remaining games, one win in 9 now I think, and more worrying, no wins away in 2012. It is pretty much the same as last season. And Im surprised Harry has not learned from last season, as the key players run out of steam. Many talk about Tottenhams strong squad, but its clear that Harry does not think so. He has done a great job for Tottenham but I really hope he gets that England job in the summer.

If Tottenahm does not qualify for CL, im worried we will drift back into the middle pack again. As players like Bale and Modric most likely will leave within a season or 2. When you also take into account players like Parker, King, Gallas, Friedel will retire within 2-3 years. Then you have players like Adebayor , Nelson and Saha that might not be here for next season. And on top of that you have players like Dos Santos, Bentley, and Kranjcar that surely will leave in the near future. Big changes in the squad in a short time might is never a good sign.

Well that was one hell of a beating. They were way to open in the middle, as I was abit concered about. However thought they would cope better than that. That second "goal" killed us, even if we managed to get one back. Really concerned about our remaining games, one win in 9 now I think, and more worrying, no wins away in 2012. It is pretty much the same as last season. And Im surprised Harry has not learned from last season, as the key players run out of steam. Many talk about Tottenhams strong squad, but its clear that Harry does not think so. He has done a great job for Tottenham but I really hope he gets that England job in the summer.

If Tottenahm does not qualify for CL, im worried we will drift back into the middle pack again. As players like Bale and Modric most likely will leave within a season or 2. When you also take into account players like Parker, King, Gallas, Friedel will retire within 2-3 years. Then you have players like Adebayor , Nelson and Saha that might not be here for next season. And on top of that you have players like Dos Santos, Bentley, and Kranjcar that surely will leave in the near future. Big changes in the squad in a short time might is never a good sign.

I'm getting very concerned now by the situation with Modders and Bale in particular. If we don't get CL I reckon they will both be off.

Edited by smokie36

I'm getting very concerned now by the situation with Modders and Bale in particular. If we don't get CL I reckon they will both be off.

##

Well on thow effectively they've performed since around Xmas? for me wouldnt it be 2 much of a worry if they left, With a little shrewdness the 70/80 mil they would command spent well in Europe, look at what jol's done, again!!! <deleted>. Why , couldn't it push us on a step? who knows , but 4 sure we need 2 reverse the decline arguably,ari's uncertainty has instigated And ari can dish the bollacks about him and the England vacancy speculation having no effect on the team , it has the irrefutable facts are , since his 'speculation' started our form and more so our results have been steadily in decline,from poss champs form to relegation contenders form, culminating in this, an embarrassing thumping in arguably the most prestigious game of our season, and lets not forget by the team on our tails for the 4 th champs lge spot. Gloomy or what !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!hit-the-fan.gif Ide laugh if it weren't so frigging irritating.

Edited by rijit

##

Well on thow effectively they've performed since around Xmas? for me wouldnt it be 2 much of a worry if they left, With a little shrewdness the 70/80 mil they would command spent well in Europe, look at what jol's done, again!!! <deleted>. Why , couldn't it push us on a step? who knows , but 4 sure we need 2 reverse the decline arguably,ari's uncertainty has instigated And ari can dish the bollacks about him and the England vacancy speculation having no effect on the team , it has the irrefutable facts are , since his 'speculation' started our form and more so our results have been steadily in decline,from poss champs form to relegation contenders form, culminating in this, an embarrassing thumping in arguably the most prestigious game of our season, and lets not forget by the team on our tails for the 4 th champs lge spot. Gloomy or what !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!hit-the-fan.gif Ide laugh if it weren't so frigging irritating.

Thankfully it was the least important game we had remaining. Worrying though for sure.

We need to pick it up massively now.

Potentially great game ruined by institutional refusal to address the repeated problem of inadequate numbers of officials applied to top flight games. Severe embarrassment for Atkinson - caught out guessing that the ball had crossed the line from players reactions.

appalling refereeing ruins a huge match again. don't think that the player reactions swayed the ref, since only mata appealed really. just awful, awful refereeing - if you're not 100% certain you don't give it. and it was impossible to be 100% certain.

like to say fair play to those spurs fans who booed and tried to shout down the despicable chelsea scum disrupting the minute's silence at the start. fuc_king foul individuals.

Oh c'mon seapok

You know that's tacky and low

Yeah but a couple of Spuds are quite viscious in their comments on Chelsea (it's usually just the usual joshing and wind-ups when it comes to Arsenal), so I tend to think if you're going to chuck invective and gloats around you have to take some back when the boot's on the other foot.

As a neutral I don't believe the result would have been close if the ref had followed the rules. The whole tenor of the game would have been different.

Modric's value seems to be deteriorating with every passing game. Bale still looks the real deal.