Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Commiserations if you don't get him. Yeah - for real - I dislike the hired-gun mentality of pro footballers more than I dislike noisy neighbourswink.png

So do i but this guy is a real one off! He has no shame, no interest in who he plays for and no allegience to anyone or anything other than money. To be fair to him, he's never really said anything different. I doubt though whether his form will remain as good when he gets his next ucrative contract because he doesn't play with his heart.

Thing is, he's a very good player. But, not worth the ridiculous 170k those idiots at City gave him.

The rest of the premier league is going to suffer for years due to City and Chelsea's position on wages. What a price for all of us to pay, seeing our sport polluted with their oil and gas money so that these billionaires have their little play things...but i digress.

Commiserations if you don't get him. Yeah - for real - I dislike the hired-gun mentality of pro footballers more than I dislike noisy neighbourswink.png

So do i but this guy is a real one off! He has no shame, no interest in who he plays for and no allegience to anyone or anything other than money. To be fair to him, he's never really said anything different. I doubt though whether his form will remain as good when he gets his next ucrative contract because he doesn't play with his heart.

Thing is, he's a very good player. But, not worth the ridiculous 170k those idiots at City gave him.

The rest of the premier league is going to suffer for years due to City and Chelsea's position on wages. What a price for all of us to pay, seeing our sport polluted with their oil and gas money so that these billionaires have their little play things...but i digress.

Agreed, though let's not forget that there has always been somebody out there ahead of the pack driving up the ante. Before money got big in the EPL it was Juventus and Real. I remember all the brown stuff that was heaped on Liam Brady when, at the peak of his brilliance he did a vP and walked out to Juventus for the then huge fee of 500 grand! Come to think of it he was the first of many for Arsenal - the litany includes Viera, Cashley, Addibaddie, Toure, Fabregas, Nasri and now vanWill-he-won't-he

Overall i'm disappointed, he suited us but it doesnt surpise me, what was announced, well on the bbc, was that A FEE was agreed with

man city,no mention of adeboy agreeing terms , they defo want rid, the prob is, on he's current contract he's got something like 17 mil due to

him, were probably offering him something like a 3rd of that, why on earth would he take that, Would you? I certainly wouldn't. Trouble is we

can moan and bleet about mercenaries and no morals blah blah, but its a touch hypercritical when we did what we did on the siggy deal

we could say that we paid the market value, but equally it could be argued that the market value in adeboys case is what man city r paying

him. we live by the sword we die by the sword, it's unfortunate but thats footballs and its always been the same. Looks like the only option for

him is another loan deal and i dont suppose man city are particulary into lending them to us, who could well challenge them

Looking at it from a 'getting it a done deal', I could be totally wrong but I reckon He's gonna cost us somewhere between 20 -25 mil/ Somewhere around 10 ish maybe a bit more to man city/ and somewhere between 10 -12 to buy his contract out. Maybe at that sort of money there will be other options, Trouble is will they be ready for the prem, like he is.??

Looking at it from a 'getting it a done deal', I could be totally wrong but I reckon He's gonna cost us somewhere between 20 -25 mil/ Somewhere around 10 ish maybe a bit more to man city/
Apparently it's been agreed at 6m
and somewhere between 10 -12 to buy his contract out. Maybe at that sort of money there will be other options, Trouble is will they be ready for the prem, like he is.??

If we paid 6m then we've already bought his contract, thats you do when you buy a player 40.gif

Looking at it from a 'getting it a done deal', I could be totally wrong but I reckon He's gonna cost us somewhere between 20 -25 mil/ Somewhere around 10 ish maybe a bit more to man city/
and somewhere between 10 -12 to buy his contract out. Maybe at that sort of money there will be other options, Trouble is will they be ready for the prem, like he is.??

If we paid 6m then we've already bought his contract, thats you do when you buy a player 40.gif

No what happens alfie is one contract is ended and a new one starts with the one the new one that levy is offering were expecting the player to write of what? nearly ten mil in wages, hardly sounds realistic does it, and even for a deal that was supposedly done and dusted 6 mil, sounds startlingly cheap for a 15/20 goal a season striker,Remember ,we got a lot more for crouch, sounds like man city were factoring in us having to pay his contract off and levy's chancing his arm in in getting a cheap striker, would have been good if it had come of , but hardly seems likely, someone's going to have to fork our and pay what LEGALLY is owing him and start again, or its probably Russia or china bound ,

Edited by rijit

No what happens alfie is one contract is ended and a new one starts with the one the new one that levy is offering were expecting the player to write of what? nearly ten mil in wages, hardly sounds realistic does it, and even for a deal that was supposedly done and dusted 6 mil, sounds startlingly cheap for a 15/20 goal a season striker,Remember ,we got a lot more for crouch, sounds like man city were factoring in us having to pay his contract off and levy's chancing his arm in in getting a cheap striker, would have been good if it had come of , but hardly seems likely, someone's going to have to fork our and pay what LEGALLY is owing him and start again, or its probably Russia or china bound ,

I would imagine we are giving him approx 6m pounds as that would be the difference in wages for 2 years i.e 170,000 ( current wages ) less 110,000 ( new wages ) so basicly that makes his price 12m which is probaly what he is worth, certainly not cheap for a 28 year old ! if spurs are are only paying him the 6m and no other signing fee then we haved saved that money ( 2m - 4m perhaps ) so that obviously makes him look a bit cheaper if you took that off the 12m.Nothing like the 20 - 25m pounds you were suggesting ! and do you think for one minute Levy would pay that much for him ?

agreed if we could get him for 12 it would be a relatively good buy

But Alfie where did you read £ 110g? Ive looked and cant see anything

on it?, wasnt Bale's most recent wage rise up 2 70 g's a week, though difficult to follow when he seems to be signing a new deal every

year!!!!.

http://news.bbc.co.u...ams/t/tottenham

hotspur/9430152.stmhttp://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/18613479

Workin on a new wage of 70 g a week adeboy's contract runs out in 2014 thats 2 years at roughly 100gs a week difference thats 5 mil a year so, ok on

that contract he stands to

get an x tra 10ish mil over the next 2 years, so if 6 is correct to man city and somewhere between and 6 m and 10 2 adsoeboy looks like

Looks like a deal can be done costing spurs somewhere between 12 and 16. so your right 20 25, accepting your right on the 6 mil, is a bit

over the top. The price acceptable for a c/f that will return you 15 / 20 prem goals a season? yeah i think so. and lets put couch bac in the

scenario, when levy

bought him Wasnt there a cry about the price he paid for him at his age 28? being a waste of money, we wouldnt get any money bac for

him. Levy sold him got our money bac and maybe even a small profit. So looks 2 me were just at the start of the negotiating process.

and if anyone can do a deal here my money would be on levy.

Edited by rijit

agreed if we could get him for 12 it would be a relatively good buy

But Alfie where did you read £ 110g? Ive looked and cant see anything

on it?, wasnt Bale's most recent wage rise up 2 70 g's a week, though difficult to follow when he seems to be signing a new deal every

year!!!!.

http://news.bbc.co.u...ams/t/tottenham

hotspur/9430152.stmhttp://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/18613479

Workin on a new wage of 70 g a week adeboy's contract runs out in 2014 thats 2 years at roughly 100gs a week difference thats 5 mil a year so, ok on

that contract he stands to

get an x tra 10ish mil over the next 2 years, so if 6 is correct to man city and somewhere between and 6 m and 10 2 adsoeboy looks like

Looks like a deal can be done costing spurs somewhere between 12 and 16. so your right 20 25, accepting your right on the 6 mil, is a bit

over the top. The price acceptable for a c/f that will return you 15 / 20 prem goals a season? yeah i think so. and lets put couch bac in the

scenario, when levy

bought him Wasnt there a cry about the price he paid for him at his age 28? being a waste of money, we wouldnt get any money bac for

him. Levy sold him got our money bac and maybe even a small profit. So looks 2 me were just at the start of the negotiating process.

and if anyone can do a deal here my money would be on levy.

Well Rij, he hasn't signed a deal yet it was a just wild guess taking into account he ain't going to sign for 70 grand.

Reagrding Bale, i seem to remember 115 grand being mentioned at the time and all i could find was this

Gareth Bale’s contract extension is telling. Already committed to the club – he put pen to paper on a (if you believe some reports) circa £100k deal, smashing our ‘unbreakable’ wage structure. A one off – for our most valuable asset…NOT the case

sounds like Modric is acting up again !!!! http://www1.skysport...Modric-is-wrong luv 4 levy to stick him in the reserves for a season, aint gonna happen but wouldnt it be refreshing and send a STRONG message out

I'm not surprised Modric's actions have angered Levy and that really doesn't bode well for him.

Its now probably going to cost Real more or he'll end up at Spurs again next season.

He is either being very poorly advised or is a really stupid little sh1t.

Edited by carmine

sounds like Modric is acting up again !!!! http://www1.skysport...Modric-is-wrong luv 4 levy to stick him in the reserves for a season, aint gonna happen but wouldnt it be refreshing and send a STRONG message out

I'm not surprised Modric's actions have angered Levy and that really doesn't bode well for him.

Its now probably going to cost Real more or he'll end up at Spurs again next season.

He is either being very poorly advised or is a really stupid little sh1t.

Both I believe mate....his agent is blinded by pound signs...

MODRIC update if anyones still interested.

We have a major stalemate due to the financial needs of both parties and its all to do with a 10/15% of the sale price with would go to Modric if we sold him, UNLESS he requests a transfer.

Now as we all know its not about the money according to him its about silverware but he is refusing to hand in a request and this is where the loss in our valuation is to be found. If he walks away from this he's a Madrid player and we meet our valuation.

So, he's holding out fro the cash and goes awol or on strike instead.

He'll be a Madrid player next season but only when the deal suits us and the negotiations over the replacement will take time.

Edited by carmine

Quite a reasonable summary of the modric scenario http://www.guardian....ransfer-request

And Gomes joins blackpool http://www1.skysport...joins-Blackpool LOL!!!!

And CArm why would Modric hand in a transfer request last year when the Chelsea deal was on the table but not this year?

Didnt we sort the same sort of thing out on the vertigo deal with ajax, seems strange it cant be done again..

But at the end of the day your right, madrid or psg? cough up what we want or he stay's.

Edited by rijit

Quite a reasonable summary of the modric scenario http://www.guardian....ransfer-request

And CArm why would Modric hand in a transfer request last year when the Chelsea deal was on the table but not this year?

Didnt we sort the same sort of thing out on the vertigo deal with ajax, seems strange it cant be done again..

But at the end of the day your right, madrid or psg? cough up what we want or he stay's.

I was thinking about last years request too and its a strange one. I really can't answer that but he definately has not done so this time. It does draw parrallels to the Ajax situation but look how the guy handled himself there. So much more professional than Modric. PSG have really thrown the cat amonst the pigeons now because Modric doesn't want to play in the french league! Don't blame him on that one.

Yeah weird, but could well be part of the reason levy's digging his heels in regarding the price, if were asking 40 and ther'e offering 27, 15 m ish dif is a chunk by anyone standards, and as regarding mods not wanting to play in france cant find ANYTHING saying that he doesn't want to but as u say, wouldnt blame him, lets be honest in a players career teams like madrid dont come knocking often.

Theres been plenty written about modric wants this and modric wants that but there ARE ABSOLUTLY NO DIRECT QUOTES FROM HIM, barring the FACT that Madrid have made an offer and weve turned it down,spurs US stating that he wants to go and not turnin up for training that's all we know 4 sure.

Thinkin bout it, vertigo's deal did seem 2 be handled better but it did stall 4 a llong time because of HIS demands, but that deal had 2 big dif's, he was on his last year of his deal and HE threatened ajax that he'd see it out and leave 4 nish THATS A BIG BIG CARD and the other was they were paying up the clause not us, LOL

Edited by rijit

I was thinking about last years request too and its a strange one. I really can't answer that but he definately has not done so this time. It does draw parrallels to the Ajax situation but look how the guy handled himself there. So much more professional than Modric. PSG have really thrown the cat amonst the pigeons now because Modric doesn't want to play in the french league! Don't blame him on that one.

As professional as Bale who was not fit enough to play for Team GB, but fit enough to play on the tour of USA.

As professional as Bale who was not fit enough to play for Team GB, but fit enough to play on the tour of USA.

Yeah did think bout that myself, We let rose go so wouldnt have thought it was club interference and bottom line its down to the player and given the option would have thought that Bale would picked the Olympics over a pre season friendly tour wouldnt you?, dropping out of team gb would have been done with the both team doc's consent, probably recovered quicker than expected and by that time the squad had been re shuffled would have been v v hard, if not impossible 2 drop the player called up to replace him

Edited by rijit
  • Like 1

Just to let you know that Motherwell are playing Panathanaikos in a Champions League qualifier tonight coffee1.gif

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19053702

We feel your pain at missing out on the qualifying spot, I'll let you know how we get on tomorrow.

Come on ye 'Well biggrin.png

Good grief - Scotland get two places in the CL? There is a god and he's wearing a Tam o'shanter!!

Cant say i've EVER been totally confident in ANY Brazilian goalkeeper, but if the rumours are true and we are going for Julio Ceser

and we get hi, let's hope he's the exception. There certainly a lot of v acrobatic saves on here

Cant say i've EVER been totally confident in ANY Brazilian goalkeeper, but if the rumours are true and we are going for Julio Ceser

and we get hi, let's hope he's the exception. There certainly a lot of v acrobatic saves on here

Can't be any worse than some of the previous dross you've had between the sticks.

This one always tickles me.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DI0LVI834U0