Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Alfie, if Spurs came out and said he is for sale at £30m, they would get it. I'm not saying that is what his real value is, but why have someone there that doesn't want to be there? This situation also has a negative effect on possible transfers into the club. Players want assurances that if something goes wrong with the team they will not be made to rot there.

Alfie, if Spurs came out and said he is for sale at 30m, they would get it. I'm not saying that is what his real value is, but why have someone there that doesn't want to be there? This situation also has a negative effect on possible transfers into the club. Players want assurances that if something goes wrong with the team they will not be made to rot there.

You're reading far too much into it.

Just the annual money go round....

Trouble is the bargains are nowhere to be found any more.

Seems vb's going 2 b set up as 4 3 3, and a place bac for jenas? http://www.guardian....razil-tottenham

If thats the case, ide suspect It's gonna be

freda

walker dawson vert assok

lennon jenas bale

v dv defoe siggarson

which would be good going forward, but solid at the bac, ? Tbh not so sure 4 3 3 suits our players, but we will.

Edited by rijit

Seems vb's going 2 b set up as 4 3 3, and a place bac for jenas? http://www.guardian....razil-tottenham

freda

walker dawson vert assok

lennon jenas bale

v dv defoe siggarson

which would be good going forward, but solid at the bac, ? Tbh not so sure 4 3 3 suits our players, but we will.

No no no Rij, you've been on the beers again aint ya and if thats the team we'll get murdered , Dawson and no Kaboul ! Bale and Lennon in midfield ! i very much doubt it, looks like he's going to play Jenas so him, Sandro and Siggarson in midfield with Bale, Lennon and perhaps VDV up front.

How quick are your defenders? With Chelsea avb favoured the highline as he used at Porto. Will it work with you?

Dawson is probaly the slowest

Huddlestone??

My midfield would be him and Sandro but by all accounts he fancies Jenas over Hudd ! to be fair Smokes when you start looking at who we have available it looks pretty bleak 2.gif

I'm not sure having huddlestone, sandro, jenas, modric if vb wants, bale and lennon available to fill 3? positions is 'bleak', We're really only missing parker

Edited by rijit

freda

walker dawson vert assok

lennon jenas bale

v dv defoe siggarson

No no no Rij, you've been on the beers again aint ya and if thats the team we'll get murdered , Dawson and no Kaboul ! Bale and Lennon in midfield ! i very much doubt it, looks like he's going to play Jenas so him, Sandro and Siggarson in midfield with Bale, Lennon and perhaps VDV up front.

Now now alfie dont get personal but do try to keep up theres a good chappie, I'm just trying to second guess a 433 but looking at your suggestion the only changes youve made from mine is dropping defoe our ONE out and out striker in favour of another player that can drop bac and bulk the midfeild out and kaboul in favour of dawson, who is a better c/b than our french boy but admittedly slower, with the players weve got, 433 4 me looks difficult 2 put 2 gether. Personally i'de stick by the 442 I think with our pace going forward that formation suits us, but hey ho we will see. Ps afie siggy aint really a midfielder think of him as vdv mk 2 and you're almost there.

Now now alfie dont get personal but do try to keep up theres a good chappie, I'm just trying to second guess a 433 but looking at your suggestion the only changes youve made from mine is dropping defoe our ONE out and out striker in favour of another player that can drop bac and bulk the midfeild out

might be only 1 player change but a very important one as you had no defensive player in yours and a formation with Bale and Lennon in midfield 40.gif

and kaboul in favour of dawson, who is a better c/b than our french boy but admittedly slower,

you are joking aint ya40.gif , Dawson better than Kaboul ,

Dawson will be 4th or 5th choice this season

afie siggy aint really a midfielder think of him as vdv mk 2 and you're almost there.

I know where Siggy plays but your trying to pick the team that plays on saturday, so far he has been playing as the attacking player out of the midfield so it's either there or playing instead of bale or Lennon.

Could well be Defoe instead of VDV i suppose.

I personally would play 4-2-3-1 with Hudd and Sandro holding, Bale and lennon either side of Sig with a forward up front.

Edited by alfieconn

How quick are your defenders? With Chelsea avb favoured the highline as he used at Porto. Will it work with you?

Dawson is probaly the slowest

Huddlestone??

My midfield would be him and Sandro but by all accounts he fancies Jenas over Hudd ! to be fair Smokes when you start looking at who we have available it looks pretty bleak 2.gif

I'm not sure having huddlestone, sandro, jenas, modric if vb wants, bale and lennon available to fill 3? positions is 'bleak', We're really only missing parker

Yes bleak ! no Parker, no Modric or replacement ( and if you think Modric could play you know less than i think you do ), no target man, perhaps Sandro not ready.

By the way you hav'nt put Livermore in your list of players 40.gif

I don't know why you have put Bale and Lennon in the list of midfield players as in a 4-3-3 they will be playing as 2 of the 3 forwards certainly not in midfield 40.gif

Now now alfie dont get personal but do try to keep up theres a good chappie, I'm just trying to second guess a 433 but looking at your suggestion the only changes youve made from mine is dropping defoe our ONE out and out striker in favour of another player that can drop bac and bulk the midfeild out

might be only 1 player change but a very important one as you had no defensive player in yours and a formation with Bale and Lennon in midfield 40.gif

and kaboul in favour of dawson, who is a better c/b than our french boy but admittedly slower,

afie siggy aint really a midfielder think of him as vdv mk 2 and you're almost there.

I know where Siggy plays but your trying to pick the team that plays on saturday, so far he has been playing as the attacking player out of the midfield so it's either there or playing instead of bale or Lennon.

I personally would play 4-2-3-1 with Hudd and Sandro holding, Bale and lennon either side of Sig with a forward up front.

So what games have you seen siggy play close season alfie? all ive seen is highlights and him buzzing around the box. be interesting to see where and even if vb fits him in, yeah vb could go that 4 mation , agreed it would give us a more steady defence,

But regarding dawson 4 th or 5 th really ? that means u make him behind Caulker , who's had one season at Swansea !!! behind Gallass, who's 35 ? still good but??? and behind verity boy, who lets not forget hasnt proved himself in the prem , HEAPS different from the dutch lge, weve seen it enuf times that players take a season to adjust, so nothing guaranteed with him , gut reaction is he will be ok still there's doubts. And dawson and lets not 4 get b4 injury Dawson was team capt, in the england set up, and no doubts was our stand out defender.I make dawson the only finished article in the centre of our defence, for a c/b he's totally in his prime, as a straight forward c/b IMO Dawson is better than kbul. kabul has more pace and is v v strong but his distribution is poor no where near as good as dawsons,, dawson positioning is far better,. But kaba has improved so competition is a good thing. But where i put bale and lennon is no different to where youve put them, basicly as always wide right and wide left.

oh yeah when you made the 'bleak' point alfie wernt u referring to the midfield after all u did write

'My midfield would be him and Sandro but by all accounts he fancies Jenas over Hudd ! to be fair Smokes when you start looking at who we have available it looks pretty bleak'

or did you mean to write something else?

As i said I dont think the midfield looks bleak at all, , baring Parker, we're all fit and available to play IF VB SO CHOOSES..

freda

walker dawson vert assok

lennon jenas bale

v dv defoe siggarson

Dawson is way too slow to play in a high defensive line. He hasn't a chance at Spurs now if AVB learnt his lesson from trying to play Terry at Chelsea. He kept pulling them back just to cope.

He'll play Kaboul/Vertoghen and Caulker as 3rd choice...or atleast i hope.

i think you're spot on with that prediction. Be happy with that.

I'm not worried about the midfield.....nor our defence.....I'm worried we will get 73 chances and 0 goals on Saturday.

I know the striker situation isn't what we wanted but we potentially have enough goals in our midfield. If he goes with this team i think we'll beat the barcodes. A tight game but we'll win

I'm not worried about the midfield.....nor our defence.....I'm worried we will get 73 chances and 0 goals on Saturday.

I know the striker situation isn't what we wanted but we potentially have enough goals in our midfield. If he goes with this team i think we'll beat the barcodes. A tight game but we'll win

It wouldn't surprise me carms if he plays vdv in a centre forward position with license to change about with Bale and Lennon, fluid system i think its called,lol

Well it looks like rat face has finally gone, hopefully should see a few coming in but you never know with Levy !

If he has gone thank the Lord because NOTHING of any significance will happen until we are weighed in by madrid.

Interesting mate OGY says we have made enquiries about Jack Butland. Great prospect for the future imho.

Every good/top defence has and needs proven leaders Cant see verity kaboul or caulker ATM being able 2 lead and hold together a defence, can see them playing off a leader, but leading? NOT AT THE MOMENT, play either of them 2 gether and maybe ok for a game or 2 but over a period, for sure they will get found out , IMO Dawson wontt nd now has the experience to lead and hold a defence together and still is at a prime age to push a team on but we will see.

And As you say 'maybe' vb has learnt his lesson, maybe he wont play the high bac line, as such its been sort of inaccurately called, after all, it could well be argued, that it just didnt work, maybe not just because of the defenders used but because of the attacking pace that's more readily available in the prem . It just seemed to offer teams a gap behind and an easy way in, , and pushing defenders up, with the amazing attacking pace readily available, could it be a wise thing to do ? maybe in portugal, but here i'm far from convinced. Perhaps he's learnt and vbs formation changes will this time go slowly slowly, it could well prove more prudent but it's all speculation, and the Newcastle game will give us an idea of how he expects us to play,. personally i reckon were going to get well beaten but let's wait and see,

Edited by rijit

Every good/top defence has and needs proven leaders Cant see verity kaboul or caulker ATM being able 2 lead and hold together a defence, can see them playing off a leader, but leading? NOT AT THE MOMENT, play either of them 2 gether and maybe ok for a game or 2 but over a period, for sure they will get found out , IMO Dawson wontt nd now has the experience to lead and hold a defence together and still is at a prime age to push a team on but we will see.

And As you say 'maybe' vb has learnt his lesson, maybe he wont play the high bac line, as such its been sort of inaccurately called, after all, it could well be argued, that it just didnt work, maybe not just because of the defenders used but because of the attacking pace that's more readily available in the prem . It just seemed to offer teams a gap behind and an easy way in, , and pushing defenders up, with the amazing attacking pace readily available, could it be a wise thing to do ? maybe in portugal, but here i'm far from convinced. Perhaps he's learnt and vbs formation changes will this time go slowly slowly, it could well prove more prudent but it's all speculation, and the Newcastle game will give us an idea of how he expects us to play,. personally i reckon were going to get well beaten but let's wait and see,

Vertoghens a leader, the ex captain of Ajax. Kaboul is a must pick and Caulker is young but very very good. Don't get me wrong, i'm a big fan of Dawson as a player and a professional but he's really up against it with these three.

re the game, i think its very important we score first then we can play to our midfield strengths.

Fingers crossed for a good start and lets hope Modric is off by the weekend. we don't need his divisive presense ballsing up our first few games like he did last season.

• Like 1

Yep and you know he's a leader how exactly? capt int the dutch league, really ? 4 me it means fuc all, on a par with alan hutton who i believed at times captained rangers, fletcher at utd captains scotland, kaboul was an international capt b4 he 1st arrived at spurs he wasn't anywhere near ready 4 us and ,in terms of competitiveness the dutch league probably OVERALL stands at lower to mid championship level and maybe 8/9th possibly lower in europe, so when he's 2 us he comes with NO standing he has to prove himself once again, will he? probably why? cos he's a left sided c/b and they arnt easy to come by. Kaboul admittedly has improved he's strong and quick, but he aint that good a ball player and lets be honest he's had half a season maybe a little more where he's been up to scratch,and that makes him an automatic pick? surely not, and as for caulker, yes he's a good player , but carmine how many players in your time have you seen stepping from a mid table team into the england squad and then on to spurs and fuc_ked up, there's been more than enuf all three have potential, but they havnt proved themselves season in season out in a top 6 team have they, and imo that at the mo makes none of them ready to hold a top 5/6 teams defence 2 gether. so lets not get 2 carried away.

Edited by rijit

Yep and you know he's a leader how exactly? capt int the dutch league, really ? 4 me it means fuc all, on a par with alan hutton who i believed at times captained rangers, fletcher at utd captains scotland, kaboul was an international capt b4 he 1st arrived at spurs he wasn't anywhere near ready 4 us and ,in terms of competitiveness the dutch league probably OVERALL stands at lower to mid championship level and maybe 8/9th possibly lower in europe, so when he's 2 us he comes with NO standing he has to prove himself once again, will he? probably why? cos he's a left sided c/b and they arnt easy to come by. Kaboul admittedly has improved he's strong and quick, but he aint that good a ball player and lets be honest he's had half a season maybe a little more where he's been up to scratch,and that makes him an automatic pick? surely not, and as for caulker, yes he's a good player , but carmine how many players in your time have you seen stepping from a mid table team into the england squad and then on to spurs and fuc_ked up, there's been more than enuf all three have potential, but they havnt proved themselves season in season out in a top 6 team have they, and imo that at the mo makes none of them ready to hold a top 5/6 teams defence 2 gether. so lets not get 2 carried away.

I'll leave this one to you Alf! biggrin.png

Christ rij.....you're almost managing to send me over the edge into clinical depression with this post. rolleyes.gif

Make your next one "Modric sold for £35m....Spurs go on spending spree!"

Please. wai.gif

Christ rij.....you're almost managing to send me over the edge into clinical depression with this post. rolleyes.gif

Please. wai.gif

More fool you for being taken in by it!!!! Its a load of mate.

We'll be ok if Dl will just buy a striker. Our center back quartet is very decent and probably the cstrongest quartet in the league aside of manchester.

Caulker is a future england captain in the making and already valued around 15m. Had one bad game for us the the carling in what was probably the worst selected and set up team of redknapps reign at Spurs. More dificult to perform well in a weak Swansea defence than alongside the likes of Vidic or Kompany i'd say but there you go! Vertoghen is a proven international and the bit about Kaboul is utter garbage i'm afraid. He's also great on the ball btw Rij.

BTW, you seem to know heaps about the strengths of Vertoghen. How many times have you seen him play?

Please. wai.gif

More fool you for being taken in by it!!!! Its a load of mate.

We'll be ok if Dl will just buy a striker. Our center back quartet is very decent and probably the cstrongest quartet in the league aside of manchester.

Caulker is a future england captain in the making and already valued around 15m. Had one bad game for us the the carling in what was probably the worst selected and set up team of redknapps reign at Spurs. More dificult to perform well in a weak Swansea defence than alongside the likes of Vidic or Kompany i'd say but there you go! Vertoghen is a proven international and the bit about Kaboul is utter garbage i'm afraid. He's also great on the ball btw Rij.

BTW, you seem to know heaps about the strengths of Vertoghen. How many times have you seen him play?

rolleyes.gif Taken in? Buy a striker?

Think I said that somewhere over the summer already.....nerves must be rattling a bit in anticipation of the opening match! biggrin.png