Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Well yes, red's just made one up again, plucked one out of nowhere but i do like the playground bickering he brings to the thread. I do reckon he and boy wonder, Nev, would be a laugh over a few beers watching the game, pet whippets sat faithfully next to the table! biggrin.png

Sorry gents but you won one game of football..... that's all!! and have gone on about it like you have won the league tongue.png

So you lot keep on saying.

Isn't it funny though that without a little help from the ref Utd really are no better than the rest of us.

When he retires you might well lose your massive influence over the refs and then you are deep in it. something i think a lot of fans are coming to realise.

Should this be on the very bona fide Utd in decline thread?

Sorry gents but you won one game of football..... that's all!! and have gone on about it like you have won the league tongue.png

Where have we gone on about it like we have won the league ? quotes please

For Red :

What has anyone said for you to claim they are deluded ?

where has anyone said we are worldbeaters ?

Why do people come on here making bold statements and when you ask ask them questions to back up their statements they cop a death un !

Why can't we finish off a game? Apart from the fact that defoe needs too many chances to score and rarely looks up and passes the ball.

I liked the huddlestone pick over Sandro. Thought it showed a positive choice to increase to attacking options. With hudd on the pitch it was ridiculous letting Bale take corners and any dead ball infact. Most of his attempts were dreadful. Lloris was also looking like he needs more game time.

Baring in mind our domination of the game i was very disappointed with a draw. Hopefully Adebayor will take some part in the Villa match on sunday.

• Like 1

Defo a game we should have fairly easily won, though as the game wore on verity and walkers defensive frailties began to show. To be fair to Defoe though carmine, dempsey and co,were pretty ineffective around him and didnt make space 2 make them selves easily available, and that reflected generally in that team which looked v much like a lot of v good players cobbled 2 gether with no or little team instinct, which to a point it was but could that have had a bearing on the instinct to kill a game off? , lets hope that doesn't become to constant an issue.

Edited by rijit

Not bad for a club in turmoil and a mutinous squad.

Tough on Brad but nice to see Lloris in goal and looking very good. Adebayor back is a God send as defoe seems to be slipping back to his wasteful self. i really see the best option if Dempsey sparks up a good understanding with Ade. Dempsey scored 23 goals last season for Fulham.

Maybe its just me but i think the team looks much better prepared and organised than they did last season. I think the combination of Dembele and Sandro is going to be fantastic for us and think Parker will really struggle to start this season. We already look very comfortable in a 4-2-3-1

The Sun's going to be gutted if we beat the chavs in a couple of weeks with a probable headline of "Spurs second in the league but whats going so horribly wrong?!!"biggrin.png

Tough on Brad but nice to see Lloris in goal and looking very good. Adebayor back is a God send as defoe seems to be slipping back to his wasteful self. i really see the best option if Dempsey sparks up a good understanding with Ade. Dempsey scored 23 goals last season for Fulham.

Maybe its just me but i think the team looks much better prepared and organised than they did last season. I think the combination of Dembele and Sandro is going to be fantastic for us and think Parker will really struggle to start this season. We already look very comfortable in a 4-2-3-1

The Sun's going to be gutted if we beat the chavs in a couple of weeks with a probable headline of "Spurs second in the league but whats going so horribly wrong?!!"biggrin.png

Yes carms, lets hope thats the end of Defoe for a while ! still think we could play Sandro and Parker together with Demb pushed further forward although it could prove to be too defensive !

Still looking forward to us finding top form.

Yes carms, lets hope thats the end of Defoe for a while ! still think we could play Sandro and Parker together with Demb pushed further forward although it could prove to be too defensive !

It would be great to accomodate Parker too wouldn't it.

Have to say, Defoe was really irritating me. He's so selfish, never looks up for the best option and hardly ever seems to put a shot actually "on target" And he still doesn't seem to understand the offside law! Hopefully Adebayor has decided he wants to play this season but i have to say i have the same concerns about him as voiced by Rijit.

Seems like AVB knows what his best side is now, well more or less. gallas won't last the season but he's been excellent so far. Should last until Kaboul gets back in jan. I'm very interestedto see what happens with the left back position.

Have to say, Defoe was really irritating me. He's so selfish, never looks up for the best option and hardly ever seems to put a shot actually "on target" And he still doesn't seem to understand the offside law! Hopefully Adebayor has decided he wants to play this season but i have to say i have the same concerns about him as voiced by Rijit.

s. gallas won't last the season but he's been excellent so far. Should last until Kaboul gets back in jan. I'm very interestedto see what happens with the left back position.

Whoa, boy! You've got Adebayor and you think *Defoe* doesn't understand the offside law?

biggrin.png

s. gallas won't last the season but he's been excellent so far. Should last until Kaboul gets back in jan. I'm very interestedto see what happens with the left back position.

Whoa, boy! You've got Adebayor and you think *Defoe* doesn't understand the offside law?

biggrin.png

Bore off knobhead. Actually while you are on here and talking of knobheads, did Arsene ever get it together with that french actor bloke he was "seeing?"

A win almost at a canter. Felt for freda, but giving Lloris a game was sensible, however on the evidence SO FAR I'm not convinced, he's made more errors in the last 2 games than brads made in a season plus,luckily they've went unpunished, let's hope it's a settling in blip and they stop when he settles.

Personally I reckon Parker returning and allowing dembele to play further up the park will help us, as alfie says, hit top form. Things at the mo are looking good, Chelski next up, Now that would be sweet getting a win there.

It would be great to accomodate Parker too wouldn't it.

Seems like AVB knows what his best side is now, well more or less. gallas won't last the season but he's been excellent so far. Should last until Kaboul gets back in jan. I'm very interestedto see what happens with the left back position.

No brainer carms, Vertonghen knocks spots off of Ekotto !

biggrin.png

Bore off knobhead. Actually while you are on here and talking of knobheads, did Arsene ever get it together with that french actor bloke he was "seeing?"

Is that the best you knuckle dragging simians can come up with?

cheesy.gif

Chelski next up, Now that would be sweet getting a win there.

Certainly would be Rij, especially as the game is at WHL !

LOL, excellent alfie, all the easier then but seriously think they will be the biggest test so far, 4 me this season they look the team to beat.

Apparently the Scum newspaper now writes that Villas-Boas bowed to pressure from Didier Deschamps to play Lloris at the weekend!!

Admittedly i haven't read this rag in over twenty years but why does anyone read it?

Apparently the Scum newspaper now writes that Villas-Boas bowed to pressure from Didier Deschamps to play Lloris at the weekend!!

Admittedly i haven't read this rag in over twenty years but why does anyone read it?

Not for the footy mate....rolleyes.giflaugh.png

Seems that AVB has been impressed by Townsend and likes the fact that he is biwingual, does this mean that he will be getting a game soon ?

He has great potential and if he goal tally playing on right mid is better than Lennon's 8 in 3 years i'd be delighted!!

Seems that AVB has been impressed by Townsend and likes the fact that he is biwingual, does this mean that he will be getting a game soon ?

He has great potential and if he goal tally playing on right mid is better than Lennon's 8 in 3 years i'd be delighted!!

Lennon will benefit from a bit of competition. All good stuff!

He needs to worry about his first team place next season. His crossing is improved but still average and his goal tally for his his position is dreadful. i see Townsend as potentially being a much more rounded player.

What is already very pleasing to see is the way AVb is bringing the youngsters into the limelight. All redknapp wanted to do was bring in experienced players in the twilght of their careers with little or no building for the future

We now have probably the best training center in the country with a new technical team and its the right way to go since we don't have the money to go out and buy the worlds best. i'm very excited with what our manager is doing and am delighted to be a club in such turmoil

He needs to worry about his first team place next season. His crossing is improved but still average and his goal tally for his his position is dreadful. i see Townsend as potentially being a much more rounded player.

What is already very pleasing to see is the way AVb is bringing the youngsters into the limelight. All redknapp wanted to do was bring in experienced players in the twilght of their careers with little or no building for the future

We now have probably the best training center in the country with a new technical team and its the right way to go since we don't have the money to go out and buy the worlds best. i'm very excited with what our manager is doing and am delighted to be a club in such turmoil

Great innit? smile.png

Mention should also be made of Bale's performance on the right wing yesterday....yes you did read that correctly.

He crossed it a few times....with better accuracy than Lennon I will add. Nuff said now about that. tongue.png