Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Also with the exception of Adebayor, we had no one on the bench who could make a real impact. Its like this most weeks. Our squad is too thin!

Thats not strictly true though. We are two short but those two are the ones we really need.

i have heard that the Moutinho deal was a major screw up on our part. Right up until the last day it was supposed to happen but we cocked around too much. Fine if you were talking about the Sig/Dempsey singings but not the crucial one.

Regards Damiao, Internacional just kept moving the posts and bumping the price.

Also with the exception of Adebayor, we had no one on the bench who could make a real impact. Its like this most weeks. Our squad is too thin!

Thats not strictly true though. We are two short but those two are the ones we really need.

i have heard that the Moutinho deal was a major screw up on our part. Right up until the last day it was supposed to happen but we cocked around too much. Fine if you were talking about the Sig/Dempsey singings but not the crucial one.

Regards Damiao, Internacional just kept moving the posts and bumping the price.

Both Sig and Dempsey should be warming the bench and used for impact in the second half. Sig has the makings of a very good player for us I think. Jury is out on Dempsey....but I'm not in the booing squad.....give him time!

If it was Levy who cocked it up with the Moutinho deal he must be kicking himself after watching that. No real shape to us without a playmaker at the moment.

It really shows too without Bale's influence.

Edited by smokie36

Disappointed but not surprised really. We were beaten by a team that might well win the league and you need to be playing them at full strength. i winced when i saw that Bale and Dembele were absent. Thats not to mention Kaboul and Parker.

We have learnt a few things from the game though.

Firstly Lloris should now be outright number one. Brad never looked at ease and AVB has to make a decision. Now is the time.

Secondly Vertoghen should be switched to center back until Kaboul is fit because Gallas was utterly dreadful and is clearly showing his age. BAE and Naughton are both back training aswell

I also think he would have been better playing Andros Townsend in Bales absense as it would have kept the balance. Huddlestone looks a shadow of the player he once was.

Jurys out on the Walker/Naughton choice at right back

i agree with Alf's points aswell and will be eager to see what Lewis/Levy do in january.

Lastly the treatment by certain elements, be it a small minority, of Dempsey and Walker is totally out of order and if they can't give the team their full backing at ALL times then i wish they would <removed> off right now and support another team.

Agree with all of that carmine barring the goalkeeper thing, You really think that an inexperienced prem goalie would have improved us yesterday ? you thought Freda looked nervous, I didnt notice it , but if he was would it be surprising? our defence was shambolic and the holding midfield didnt help either, seems weve turned bac to the traditional spurs defending now thats scary and grave yard stuff for goalkeepers aka sullivan ect ect ect, Ide challenge ANY current prem goalie 2 have kept it together better than brad did yesterday. Llorris has never faced english style footie on a regular basic, the x ing alone 4 sure will take him some time to get used to and will be facing some of the best and varied strikers in the world on a regular basic, from what ive seen of him he's quite likely to make errors, imagine he made similar errors yesterday to what he's done already, the PRESS WOULD MURDER HIM and vb come to that, seems more sensible to do what were doing, bed him in slowly, get him used to the pace,no need to put the extra pressure on him, And brads fine, fredas arguably been the best goalie in the prem for the last season, lets just use him to bed Llorris in, and when Llorris is ready and when he's CONSISTENTLY error free, by then maybe/hopefully he would have EARNED the shirt, cos at the mo people are sayin in give him the shirt ,NO let him earn it, and as from what ive seen so far, and that must apply on the training ground as well, IMO he aint really shown enough 2 take the shirt of freda.

Edited by rijit

Disappointed but not surprised really. We were beaten by a team that might well win the league and you need to be playing them at full strength. i winced when i saw that Bale and Dembele were absent. Thats not to mention Kaboul and Parker.

Firstly Lloris should now be outright number one. Brad never looked at ease and AVB has to make a decision. Now is the time.

Secondly Vertoghen should be switched to center back until Kaboul is fit because Gallas was utterly dreadful and is clearly showing his age. BAE and Naughton are both back training aswell

I also think he would have been better playing Andros Townsend in Bales absense as it would have kept the balance. Huddlestone looks a shadow of the player he once was.

i agree with Alf's points aswell and will be eager to see what Lewis/Levy do in january.

Lastly the treatment by certain elements, be it a small minority, of Dempsey and Walker is totally out of order and if they can't give the team their full backing at ALL times then i wish they would <removed> off right now and support another team.

Agree with all of that carmine barring the goalkeeper thing, You really think that an inexperienced prem goalie would have improved us yesterday ? you thought Freda looked nervous, I didnt notice it , but if he was would it be surprising? our defence was shambolic and the holding midfield didnt help either, seems weve turned bac to the traditional spurs defending now thats scary and grave yard stuff for goalkeepers aka sullivan ect ect ect, Ide challenge ANY current prem goalie 2 have kept it together better than brad did yesterday. Llorris has never faced english style footie on a regular basic, the x ing alone 4 sure will take him some time to get used to and will be facing some of the best and varied strikers in the world on a regular basic, from what ive seen of him he's quite likely to make errors, imagine he made similar errors yesterday to what he's done already, the PRESS WOULD MURDER HIM and vb come to that, seems more sensible to do what were doing, bed him in slowly, get him used to the pace,no need to put the extra pressure on him, And brads fine, fredas arguably been the best goalie in the prem for the last season, lets just use him to bed Llorris in, and when Llorris is ready and when he's CONSISTENTLY error free, by then maybe/hopefully he would have EARNED the shirt, cos at the mo people are sayin in give him the shirt ,NO let him earn it, and as from what ive seen so far, and that must apply on the training ground as well, IMO he aint really shown enough 2 take the shirt of freda.

The crux of it is rij is that he let in 4 goals on saturday and towards the end of last season people were saying he had let in goals that he should have saved.

Being a steady eddie I.E not making mistakes and being an ok shop stopper is not really good enough and world class goalkeepers have to have more than this and hopefully thats what Lloris is.

Who's to say that Lloris's quicker reactions would'nt have saved the first goal !

think you might have been beaten by this season's title-winners there spurs fans. chelsea's attacking options really are annoyingly good and they're going to simply steamroller most sides this season i think.

Yes and they'll just get better as the understanding builds up. I've also said i see them as the potential champions.

We were well beaten i have already said but good to remember that was a Spurs team with Adebayor on the bench at the start because he was not 100% fit and a midfield without Bale, Parker or Dembele.

i'd expect them to face sterner tests but one things for sure, you are very unlikely to beat them without fielding your best side playing very well. i hope the answer isn't to kick lumps out of them.

Arsenal are vulnerable out of last seasons top five clubs as this season has already shown

Mate, why do you Spurs fans do this to yourselves? You know how it's going to end up.

tongue.png

Yes, with Arsenal winning nothing again and your sugar puff mincy manager blaming everyone else but himself.

Sooooo all you Spuds are predicting the rentboys to win the league.......rolleyes.gif just because they beat you? lets see how the table looks in January shall we wink.png

No we are clearly not saying they are going to win the league we are saying they are definate title contenders. Do you disagree with that? Didn't think so. Run along.

Arsenal are vulnerable out of last seasons top five clubs as this season has already shown

Mate, why do you Spurs fans do this to yourselves? You know how it's going to end up.

tongue.png

Yes, with Arsenal winning nothing again and your sugar puff mincy manager blaming everyone else but himself.

No RVP goals to save them this time around! :D

• Like 1

Sooooo all you Spuds are predicting the rentboys to win the league.......rolleyes.gif just because they beat you? lets see how the table looks in January shall we wink.png

No we are clearly not saying they are going to win the league we are saying they are definate title contenders. Do you disagree with that? Didn't think so. Run along.

Well it is not rocket science after the quality they have added is it!! FS! rolleyes.gif

Well it is not rocket science after the quality they have added is it!! FS! rolleyes.gif

Thats why we think they are potential champions and have posted as such.

Its hardly about their phenominal youth developement coming to fruition is it!

Torres and the three behind him cost 135m <deleted> cheesy.gif

Edited by carmine

The crux of it is rij is that he let in 4 goals on saturday and towards the end of last season people were saying he had let in goals that he should have saved.

Being a steady eddie I.E not making mistakes and being an ok shop stopper is not really good enough and world class goalkeepers have to have more than this and hopefully thats what Lloris is.

Who's to say that Lloris's quicker reactions would'nt have saved the first goal !

LoL, ure havin a larf carm's . you would have needed a brick wall to stop that one, it came completely from nowhere and from behind a crowd of players, he was nearly 100% unsighted, Dont think there's a keeper in the prem that would have stopped that.one. as sweet a shot ias ive seen all season.

Yep freda let in 4 goals, but he was at fault for NONE and u think Llorris would have been better behind that defence? i really cant see it. Dont seem to remember anyone saying anything but praise for freda at the end of the season for me he was the best keeper in the prem last year by a country mile, and cant remember us calling him a steady eddie or a shot stopper when he, arguably SINGLE handed kept us in the norwich or qpr games, the crux for me is would hugo improve us. tbh from what ive seen at spurs, not at the mo, he's made mistakes so far none costly or thankfully in high profile games, and surely having a keeper that don't make mistakes is essential carmine? , but at the end of the day if they change their minds and put him in, which seems most likely, as my gut feeling is they are just looking for an excuse, cos weve spent wedge and LLorris is so good!!!!, lets just hope he improves us and dont fuc up like he's threatened to do in the game s i've seen him..

Anyway now that ones put to bed, we'll agree to disagree LOL thats good for us, HUH? time for naughton to get a game or do we stick with walker?

Nope its not rocket science and you can only beat or try and beat what teams put in front of you, and what they put in front of us was on the day. light years better than what you put in front of us. But as you say a clearer picture will emerge by January,

Edited by rijit

LoL, ure havin a larf carm's . you would have needed a brick wall to stop that one, it came completely from nowhere and from behind a crowd of players, he was nearly 100% unsighted, Dont think there's a keeper in the prem that would have stopped that.one. as sweet a shot ias ive seen all season.

Yep freda let in 4 goals, but he was at fault for NONE and u think Llorris would have been better behind that defence? i really cant see it. Dont seem to remember anyone saying anything but praise for freda at the end of the season for me he was the best keeper in the prem last year by a country mile, and cant remember us calling him a steady eddie or a shot stopper when he, arguably SINGLE handed kept us in the norwich or qpr games, the crux for me is would hugo improve us. tbh from what ive seen at spurs, not at the mo, he's made mistakes so far none costly or thankfully in high profile games, and surely having a keeper that don't make mistakes is essential carmine? , but at the end of the day if they change their minds and put him in, which seems most likely, as my gut feeling is they are just looking for an excuse, cos weve spent wedge and LLorris is so good!!!!, lets just hope he improves us and dont fuc up like he's threatened to do in the game s i've seen him..

Anyway now that ones put to bed, we'll agree to disagree LOL thats good for us, HUH? time for naughton to get a game or do we stick with walker?

Rij, you're replying to me about someone elses postwink.png

If Spurs had thought that Brad had had a great last season and wasn't slowing down do you think they would have paid 10m for a new keeper ? i think what has put a spanner in the works and has surprised everyone including himself ("I don't think they envisioned what my fitness levels would be at this age and I sort of surprised myself"') is what a good start to the season he has had.

Anyone else on here know that Vertoghen can also play midfield? With Naughton or BAE at lb we could put him left mid in Bales absense. Jusy an idea, but lets face it, putting dempsey there was hopeless. He just follows his natural instincts and keeps drifting in and exposing our flank

Could have done with about seven Vertoghens last saturday.

Saturday was the first time I've seen Vertoghen play. I really didn't like the way he tries to catch players with his legs by falling over and throwing his legs over his head. Looked vindictive to me.

Anyone else on here know that Vertoghen can also play midfield? With Naughton or BAE at lb we could put him left mid in Bales absense. Jusy an idea, but lets face it, putting dempsey there was hopeless. He just follows his natural instincts and keeps drifting in and exposing our flank

No no no sorry carms shit idea, defensive mid maybe but too slow to play wide, back to the drawing board old chap 4.gif anyway the chimp should be back next week unless he's gonna be away for 3 months on maternity leave !

Actually Ekotto could perhaps play there if needed !!!!

Saturday was the first time I've seen Vertoghen play. I really didn't like the way he tries to catch players with his legs by falling over and throwing his legs over his head. Looked vindictive to me.

What !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he's not a fuc_king gymnast 24.gif and i bet he's going to be really concerned by your ideas of his strange body movements 40.gif

Edited by alfieconn

If Spurs had thought that Brad had had a great last season and wasn't slowing down do you think they would have paid 10m for a new keeper ? i think what has put a spanner in the works and has surprised everyone including himself ("I don't think they envisioned what my fitness levels would be at this age and I sort of surprised myself"') is what a good start to the season he has had.

Alfie remember we fuc_ked up by lettin jenningds go to the arse wipes with sort of the same logic!!!!!I and were promply relegated for our troubles !!! i'm not saying it will happen again, but with fitness coaching wouldnt it be reasonable to say a career can be extended by 10 % which, arguably, is where freda is now, I wasnt a freda fan and was totally ready to write him off, but promptly had to eat my words and recognise that he had a great season, probably the best ive seen by a spurs keeper since jennings or the mighty clem and he a great start to this one, NO SIGNS of slowing down, why did they buy LLoris wernt it rumoured Lyon were strapped for cash and HAD to out him,and at 10 was reckoned to be a bargain , he was a long term target and maybe at 10 was2 good to turn down and if we didn't grab him then maybe we never would? But really,who the fuc knows alfie we'll just have to wait and see let's hope what ever decisons made is the right one and improves us

Edited by rijit

Townsend?, not totally ready but could be ok short term

What !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he's not a fuc_king gymnast 24.gif and i bet he's going to be really concerned by your ideas of his strange body movements 40.gif

Give him a break smokes, Perhaps english ain't his primary languagecoffee1.gif

Townsend?, not totally ready but could be ok short term

Agree with you there. BAE's delivery is poor. Hopefully Bale will be back for the next league game!

Give him a break smokes, Perhaps english ain't his primary languagecoffee1.gif

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif . Gentlemen, this from rijiit must be considered post of the year

• Like 1