Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Meanwhile Sandro just gets better with every game! Love watching him play this season....top class!

Yes he's becoming a bit of a cult hero....especially after the block at St Mary's. He and Vertoghen have been our best players almost every game.

Cue Rijit what about Brad coffee1.gif

Cue Carmine No Rij you are wrongthumbsup.gif

Have you heard the rumours going about that Clattenberg called Gareth a monkey last time he reffed us. smile.png

Yeah....no complaints from him though. I bet his wife laughed even when he told her later!

Well Rij it might be that none of us agree with you regards our goal keeping situation but i can tell you that El Hadji Diouf does and has given his full backing to Brad.

Well just as well vb's has got the casting vote carmine and at the mo seems to be seeing sense and 'all of us' I take it means you smokie and afle a formidable bunch indeed!!!

And with adeboy, i'm really having to hold my cynical side in check, new contract ect ect, but more pertinent really were seeing our gripe and the folly of vb s decision to run with 2 strikers, but again hios get out clause, we're fourth!!!! didn't particularly like him coming out and saying that fourth was our 'ambition' though, realistic? possibly but still didnt like it.

Meanwhile Sandro just gets better with every game! Love watching him play this season....top class!

Have you heard the rumours going about that Clattenberg called Gareth a monkey last time he reffed us. smile.png

surely it cant be t inappropriate, carmine, if it's true!!! mind you he seems to be coming into a bit of form which would be vv nice.

Well Rij it might be that none of us agree with you regards our goal keeping situation but i can tell you that El Hadji Diouf does and has given his full backing to Brad.

Well just as well vb's has got the casting vote carmine and at the mo seems to be seeing sense and 'all of us' I take it means you smokie and afle a formidable bunch indeed!!!

And with adeboy, i'm really having to hold my cynical side in check, new contract ect ect, but more pertinent really were seeing our gripe and the folly of vb s decision to run with 2 strikers, but again hios get out clause, we're fourth!!!! didn't particularly like him coming out and saying that fourth was our 'ambition' though, realistic? possibly but still didnt like it.

I know you had your doubts about his attitude if he got a new contract and it seems you are right, and as we all know were a striker short anyway.

Re the keeper situation, i've read numerous Spurs affiliated webstes and the overwhelming view is that whilst Brad is blameless its time to move over and give the younger man a run of premier league games.

There is one other reason too and thats linked to the french media. He taking stick with them saying he's made the wrong move and i should imagine he's quite embarrassed with the situation, especially as he's being touted as among the top five keepers in the world

surely it cant be t inappropriate, carmine, if it's true!!! mind you he seems to be coming into a bit of form which would be vv nice.

I was only kidding about Clattenberg Rij.

I know you had your doubts about his attitude if he got a new contract and it seems you are right, and as we all know were a striker short anyway.

Re the keeper situation, i've read numerous Spurs affiliated webstes and the overwhelming view is that whilst Brad is blameless its time to move over and give the younger man a run of premier league games.

There is one other reason too and thats linked to the french media. He taking stick with them saying he's made the wrong move and i should imagine he's quite embarrassed with the situation, especially as he's being touted as among the top five keepers in the world

I think its only fair that Lloris is given his run out....and I don't mean one game a month. Play him until Christmas, see how he gets on. This switching around aint helping anyone!

I think its only fair that Lloris is given his run out....and I don't mean one game a month. Play him until Christmas, see how he gets on. This switching around aint helping anyone!

I'm not going to knock Brad because he's been tremendous for us since he joined but he is starting to showslight signs of slowing down. Coming out for the cross and missing it. The goal for example scored by Demba Ba. I think the younger Lloris might have got that. Who knows but at the end of the day lloris is the future and i stick by my post earlier this morning.

Of all the Spurs websites i've dropped in on i'd say a minimum of 95% of posters want lloris starting for us. No one is knocking Brad either.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

Spurs are lucky to have two of the best keepers in the league.

Difficult choice, but I'd start playing the younger guy now and I think Brad will be content as back up and getting a few games.

I'm sure he still has a big role to play at Spurs.

• Like 1

Difficult choice, but I'd start playing the younger guy now and I think Brad will be content as back up and getting a few games.

He's well liked as well is Brad. Its a difficult decision as many are commenting on all over the forums but Lloris IS the future of the club. With young defenders there needs to be a good understanding between the back five, hopefully for the next few years. Let's start now!

Totally agree. he's also started talking about retiring anyway

He's well liked as well is Brad. Its a difficult decision as many are commenting on all over the forums but Lloris IS the future of the club. With young defenders there needs to be a good understanding between the back five, hopefully for the next few years. Let's start now!

We had the same situation with Joe Hart taking over the number one spot from Shay Given. It's unfortunate but there is only room for one and the manager should stick by whom he thinks is in form.

However, if he is leaving the younger one out he really needs to talk to him and man manage the situation. The young one is more prone to losing confidence than the older one is. I'm a right people person me, you know biggrin.png

We had the same situation with Joe Hart taking over the number one spot from Shay Given. It's unfortunate but there is only room for one and the manager should stick by whom he thinks is in form.

However, if he is leaving the younger one out he really needs to talk to him and man manage the situation. The young one is more prone to losing confidence than the older one is. I'm a right people person me, you know biggrin.png

You better have a word with young jelly belly then! laugh.png

I hope we see Sandro and Defoe rested for this one tonight....Bale should play....and Livermore a full game. Maybe rest Vertonghen as well.

Not sure about Bale or Lennon. Maybe rest them both. I'd give Andros Townsend and Falque a game. Dawson, Naughton, Livermore Sig and brad in goal because Lloris should be playing at the weekend

In short how about freidal, Walker Dawson Caulker Naughton Huddlestone Livermore Townsend Sigurdsson Falque Defoe

Edited by carmine

After all the debate regarding the goalkeepers it seems that AVB will continue to use

Brad in the PL, Cuducini in the cup and Lioris in europe, unless we get knocked out of

europe or the league cup, i can't see him changing anything.

Also Brad is the oldest player in the dressing room and apparently has a strong influence

on all the players, if he is dropped it could affect team spirit, i think he'll stay as no1 until

the end of the season, then either retire or leave.

After all the debate regarding the goalkeepers it seems that AVB will continue to use

Brad in the PL, Cuducini in the cup and Lioris in europe, unless we get knocked out of

europe or the league cup, i can't see him changing anything.

Also Brad is the oldest player in the dressing room and apparently has a strong influence

on all the players, if he is dropped it could affect team spirit, i think he'll stay as no1 until

the end of the season, then either retire or leave.

Then i hope Brad makes a howler because i don't want to lose one of the best keepers in the world that we got for an absolute snip. Brads presence in the dressing would remain because he'd be on the bench like he was for the Villa game.

I'm extremely pro Villas-Boas but he's got this wrong now.

• Like 1

I'd play Bale and leave out Defoe. He needs more of a rest imo.

Defoe is our only fit striker. I'd like to rest him too but we can't.

If Falque Bale and Sig can't do the job tonight tgen Daniel will have to open his eyes...and his chequebook! :D

I'd play Bale and leave out Defoe. He needs more of a rest imo.

Defoe is our only fit striker. I'd like to rest him too but we can't.

If Falque Bale and Sig can't do the job tonight tgen Daniel will have to open his eyes...and his chequebook! biggrin.png

Well this is the problem isn't it. He does some really good shrewd business in the t/f market but loses out on the all important ones. A striker and Moutinho is what we needed. Now were paying the price in both positions. We are borderline ordinary with Dembele's creativity and without the mercenary we don't have a striker to hold the ball up and retain possession. I am in agreement with J&D here to a point because we did have the money to buy Moutinho and a very decent striker.

What i do like is Falque and Townsend proving themselves to be a very decent prospects and will prove to be very useful cover this season.

Edited by carmine

yeah seems flaque was a good signing by ari, looks a defo one for the future and carmine coming from europe to the premier league reputations mean nothing look at gomez when he joined us was reckoned to be amongst the top keepers in Europe, and look how far that reputation got us and him.

even One of Hugos previous coach's has come out and said he will find it difficult to adapt, and wishing that our keeper makes a howler <deleted>!!!!! dont exactly add much credibility 2 the argument for hugo. All im hearing is he's the future but i see nothing to bac it up,let him prove it and then give him the shirt

And mate your right about vb preferred signings but lets give him and levy some time, cos although i;m sure vb agreed to them MOST of this seasons signings have been long term targets, perhaps the ones he really wants need some time and consideration, specially cos they arnt exactly the cheapest and you know our man levy will want / need to get the pennies right. but if history repeats itself levy will find a way to bac the manager, silly not to.

, and wishing that our keeper makes a howler <deleted>!!!!! dont exactly add much credibility 2 the argument for hugo. All im hearing is he's the future but i see nothing to bac it up,let him prove it and then give him the shirt

Who's wishing ?

rose royce wern't it?