Tottenham Thread

chonabot

like smokes Cant say I'm expecting to get much out of todays game. Against 'stronger' teams our midfield has been lacking in quality and leadership, and tbh our defence has proved, not to be much better. But funny how things repeat them selves, last season didnt kick into gear until parker and adeboy played, Is it going to be the same this season and with adeboys 'return' to fitness will it ko this afternoon, with a massive match winning attacking display, !!!!!!! saying that ide be inclined to give Dawson a game, imo he's a better 'back to the wall' defender than gallas and that could well be useful this afternoonwub.png , Although i'm pessimistic, you never know in bale and lennons pace, adeboy physical presence , and in defoe's finishing, we have more than enuf to hurt ANYONE, over to you the yid army army yid army yid army yid army !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!wai2.gif

like smokes Cant say I'm expecting to get much out of todays game. Against 'stronger' teams our midfield has been lacking in quality and leadership, and tbh our defence has proved, not to be much better. But funny how things repeat them selves, last season didnt kick into gear until parker and adeboy played, Is it going to be the same this season and with adeboys 'return' to fitness will it ko this afternoon, with a massive match winning attacking display, !!!!!!! saying that ide be inclined to give Dawson a game, imo he's a better 'back to the wall' defender than gallas and that could well be useful this afternoonwub.png , Although i'm pessimistic, you never know in bale and lennons pace, adeboy physical presence , and in defoe's finishing, we have more than enuf to hurt ANYONE, over to you the yid army army yid army yid army yid army !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!wai2.gif

Agree regards Dawson for Gallas. He has become a liability imo. Wait and see.....almost taste that first pint now! smile.png

How's the moonshine mrboj? tongue.png

4-5-1 with Adebayor up front.... 2 holding and 3 pacey midfielders Dempsey,Bale and Lennon to join him ...you will score against City especially if the full backs can press also.

Yes mate 2 holding....choose from Parker/Dembele/Sandro.

We'd better hope Sandro plays is all I'm saying. Livermore/Huddlestone will be a tough afternoon.

Some one tell villas boas that you dont fark about with your centre halfs in a game !

Agree Alfie,

Yet another bad substitution by AVB he seems to have made more bad ones than good ones.

If Walker was injured then why not replace him with Naughton straight swap, instead of bringing on Dawson

who was responsible for marking Dzeko when he scored the winner.

And why didnt he take off Dempsey for Defoe instead of Adebayor who was having a good game!

Some one tell villas boas that you dont fark about with your centre halfs in a game !

Your defence played well...... well organised.

As a team, at the moment, you rely too much on Bale. Keep him quiet, and you offer little. Dempsey is not the player he was at Fulham, and you have little creativity from midfield. Personally I think you should play Sigurdsson over Dempsey.

Anyway best team won, and your team came out of it with credit.

Your defence played well...... well organised.

As a team, at the moment, you rely too much on Bale. Keep him quiet, and you offer little. Dempsey is not the player he was at Fulham, and you have little creativity from midfield. Personally I think you should play Sigurdsson over Dempsey.

Anyway best team won, and your team came out of it with credit.

You sound relieved Jack? tongue.png the truth is you deserved the win in the end and that is the best i have seen you play this season.....Silva back big difference wink.png

AVB had no bottle to go and win it sending on like for like at the end with Defoe but a good game and Dzeko to the rescue again! wink.png

Good to have adeboy back, thought he was excellent today, he undoubtedly makes a difference for us. Shame he didnt get a goal, 4 me he deserved one. When mancine changed it around in the second half, they totally took the initiative and we found it difficult, thought it was a good enuf performance and at the end of the day man city deserved the points, JUST. Oh red it wasnt vb didnt have the bottle to go on and win it he didnt have the extra players to go on and win it.

Good to have adeboy back, thought he was excellent today, he undoubtedly makes a difference for us. Shame he didnt get a goal, 4 me he deserved one. When mancine changed it around in the second half, they totally took the initiative and we found it difficult, thought it was a good enuf performance and at the end of the day man city deserved the points, JUST. Oh red it wasnt vb didnt have the bottle to go on and win it he didnt have the extra players to go on and win it.

Correct. We are simply not as good a side as Citeh at the moment. It was a decent performance that.

Correct. We are simply not as good a side as Citeh at the moment. It was a decent performance that.

I don't think it was a good performance smokes, too negative, and when we went 0-1 against the run of play it was the same old story

this season, sit back and defend the lead, then eventually lose.

The only time that tactic worked this season was against Man U and then we just rode our luck.

Realistically speaking, we have gone backwards compared with the last 3 seasons.

I don't think it was a good performance smokes, too negative, and when we went 0-1 against the run of play it was the same old story

this season, sit back and defend the lead, then eventually lose.

The only time that tactic worked this season was against Man U and then we just rode our luck.

Realistically speaking, we have gone backwards compared with the last 3 seasons.

Due to the loss of Modric mainly. No one can dispute that, but given the midfield we had out today I don't think it was that bad. Second half was a long struggle I know.

Due to the loss of Modric mainly. No one can dispute that, but given the midfield we had out today I don't think it was that bad. Second half was a long struggle I know.

Yes Modric & VDV are a big loss to our creativity ,

But our midfield today was pretty much our first choice apart from only Dembele for Huddlestone maybe.

You can't say we would be better off with Parker cos he hasn't played yet this season.

I also think that AVB's tactics are too defensive and it isn,t working. Dempsey & Sig haven't impressed either.

I confess i'm not remotely interested in those two for this game. I'm more concerned about our defensive midfield and the creativity.

Take a look at Citys midfield and strike force, (the brilliance of Tevez and Aguero, the cynical brutality of Ballotellismile.png ), its superb and not to be confused with Maribor

This is a joke right?

No, why do you say that?

What about there leading scorer Dzeko tongue.png

Yep. Scored the winner again from the bench. Seem to remember you had one of those.

But our midfield today was pretty much our first choice apart from only Dembele for Huddlestone maybe.

You can't say we would be better off with Parker cos he hasn't played yet this season.

I also think that AVB's tactics are too defensive and it isn,t working. Dempsey & Sig haven't impressed either.

Of coarse you can say we would be better off with parker, I would have loved to have seen parker play 2 day, his terrier like tackling and him running with the ball out from our defence, was just what we needed there is absolutely no one in the squad that can do that job as EFFECTIVELY as he can. for the last ? seasons he has been one of the premier's BEST midfielders,I can see absolutely no reason why he wont continue to be again.The really really big plus 4 me , with sandros emergence, will be that we will be able to push dembele further up the park, where, from what ive seen he more than has the ability to be a defence opening match winner..

Edited by rijit

Of coarse you can say we would be better off with parker, I would have loved to have seen parker play 2 day, his terrier like tackling and him running with the ball out from our defence, was just what we needed there is absolutely no one in the squad that can do that job as EFFECTIVELY as he can. for the last ? seasons he has been one of the premier's BEST midfielders,I can see absolutely no reason why he wont continue to be again.The really really big plus 4 me , with sandros emergence, will be that we will be able to push dembele further up the park, where, from what ive seen he more than has the ability to be a defence opening match winner..

Agreed Rij, when we have Parker Kaboul and Dembele back we have the making of a formidable side

Agreed Rij, when we have Parker Kaboul and Dembele back we have the making of a formidable side

Yes them 3 back and at least 1 new signing in jan and we should be ok .

Any idea when they are all expected back carms?

Edit: Just looked on physioroomdotcom and Parker and Dembele are supposed to be back this weekend....Kaboul around Xmas. Its a notoriously bad site for info though...

Edited by smokie36