Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Yes them 3 back and at least 1 new signing in jan and we should be ok .

yeah, A bit of extra quality in midfield would be nice alfie, but really i reckon the priority has got 2 be a striker, me, I just hope vb has seen that running with 2 strikers in the prem is just not a good idea.

yeah, A bit of extra quality in midfield would be nice alfie, but really i reckon the priority has got 2 be a striker, me, I just hope vb has seen that running with 2 strikers in the prem is just not a good idea.

Why's two not a good idea ? if your only playing one up front generally means the other one has the ump so if you have 2 not playing !!!, mind you if Ade added a few goals to his game and carried on playing like yesterday then he would be ok in my book, besides we aint going to get much for the thirty bob Levy wants to pay .

Why's two not a good idea ? if your only playing one up front generally means the other one has the ump so if you have 2 not playing !!!, mind you if Ade added a few goals to his game and carried on playing like yesterday then he would be ok in my book, besides we aint going to get much for the thirty bob Levy wants to pay .

Absolutely right, Spurs were sorely lacking a Silva, Aguero, Suarez, Mata et al and I doubt very much that anyone of this quality will be available for less than 17-20 Million.

Absolutely right, Spurs were sorely lacking a Silva, Aguero, Suarez, Mata et al and I doubt very much that anyone of this quality will be available for less than 17-20 Million.

I would actually like to see Dembele play in the middle of the 3 attacking midfielders, with Lennon and Bale either side ! would probaly still need a ball distributor to play along side Sandro but could make do with Hudd at the moment.

So the strikers dont like it!! SO WHAT. give me the other advantages?

Spurs so desperate for a better stadium that they had to Spy.

If only they could have waited until our promotion then they are guaranteed at least one day out a year in the east end.

Olympic officials were allegedly spied on during the bidding process

Three people have been charged over allegations of spying during the bid for the Olympic stadium.

West Ham United and the Olympic Park Legacy Company alleged information was unlawfully obtained.

The three men are charged with conspiracy to commit fraud by false representation.

The charges come after allegations that Tottenham Hotspur FC spied on Olympic officials during the bidding process. The club has denied the claims.

Richard Michael Forrest, 30, of Crawley, Lee Stewart, 39, of Esher, and Howard Hill, 58, of Cheshire, will appear at Westminster Magistrates' Court on 28 November.

Georghe Popescu, former Spurs player, gets sent down for dodgey transfer deals in his native Rumania.

Imagine that, once a highly paid national celeb living the life, now doing a three year stretch in a rumanian monkey house!

I reckon SAF should take advice over his BEBE transfer "deal." we may need to bump the Utd in decline thread......

Georghe Popescu, former Spurs player, gets sent down for dodgey transfer deals in his native Rumania.

Imagine that, once a highly paid national celeb living the life, now doing a three year stretch in a rumanian monkey house!

I reckon SAF should take advice over his BEBE transfer "deal." we may need to bump the Utd in decline thread......

Almost worse than a transfer to the pikeys that is....som nom naa carms.....if only the same could happen to others I know...!

Almost worse than a transfer to the pikeys that is....som nom naa carms.....if only the same could happen to others I know...!

Can't think who you might be referring to!!

• Like 1

No mention of Parker anywhere that I've seen, so looks as though he's still out. If we lose lennon's its a blow. but 4 me Naughton will probably do a good enuf job at right back, so 4 me no huge worries on losing Walker. with verity on the left. caulker and unfortunately gallas, in the middle. sandro and huddlestone holding with dempsey? and ---------?.Upfront defo Adeboy to start.

Shame that Adebayor ruined what looked like a good game.

Could get a bit embarrassing now for Spuds.........................

It's a derby mate, the last few have been ludicrous.

I'm not counting any chickens even if things are looking good.

First of all a very disappointing result.

Adebayor's lunge ruined the game for us without a doubt. No arguments with the sending off although the ref was subject to the usual comments before making his decision. Not that that is unusual...simply that it happens.

Until that point we looked like ripping them apart....without his ability to hold things up and provide the link play we were awful for the rest of the first half....although we lost three goals there it would have been more if not for some good goalkeeping.

The bad points.....Gallas....he should be on the bench at best....play Dawson <deleted>....and Hudd taking corners....nah....anyone else please.

Positives with Bale and Vertonghen as usual....I like the lad Carroll and hopefully we'll see more of his left peg as the season continues.

Defoe was OK...Sandro did reasonably well....against a quality midfield too.

A word about AVB....he changed things positively at HT....a risk I thought but paid off well and a bit of luck might have nicked a draw....OK a lot of luck but no one could have done more I think.

Not all bad....but the result is going to hurt for a while....onwards and upwards....the same problems are evident as usual....not dwelling on that tonight.

Edited by smokie36

First of all a very disappointing result.

Adebayor's lunge ruined the game for us without a doubt. No arguments with the sending off although the ref was subject to the usual comments before making his decision. Not that that is unusual...simply that it happens.

Until that point we looked like ripping them apart....without his ability to hold things up and provide the link play we were awful for the rest of the first half....although we lost three goals there it would have been more if not for some good goalkeeping.

The bad points.....Gallas....he should be on the bench at best....play Dawson <deleted>....and Hudd taking corners....nah....anyone else please.

Positives with Bale and Vertonghen as usual....I like the lad Carroll and hopefully we'll see more of his left peg as the season continues.

Defoe was OK...Sandro did reasonably well....against a quality midfield too.

A word about AVB....he changed things positively at HT....a risk I thought but paid off well and a bit of luck might have nicked a draw....OK a lot of luck but no one could have done more I think.

Not all bad....but the result is going to hurt for a while....onwards and upwards....the same problems are evident as usual....not dwelling on that tonight.

About sum's it up. Felt for Naughton today with every game at l/b he's getting more and more exposed.

I almost forgot to mention....on today's evidence....I do believe the Arse have the ugliest fans in the Premiership. No kidding...they are a bunch of pikeys!

I thought I saw a couple of quite tasty women actually Smokes - I don't pay much attention to the blokes!

Yes - you could have been about to give us a really bad turn to an awful season, but Addey's foolishness may just have had the opposite effect. Same same result last season's fixture, hopefully same same effect.

All is still to play for for both teams (except for the No 1 slot, which is already looking destined for a rather wet and dreary home).

I've been crying out for a 442 with Ade & Defoe playing up front and it worked well for 15mins

until the red card, now Ade will miss the next 3 games.

Now it's back to the old formation with Defoe on his own cos Dempsey & Sigg are just not up to it.

Actually the only thing i slightly disagree smokes was hugo, bet ure thinking well there's a surprise, whilst he wasn't at fault for ANY of the goals, I cant see where the term good comes into his performance average springs more to mind .,I still didn't see anything to convince me, no greats saves, his distribution, a 'high' ?didn't seem anything better than average, a few overly dramatic flings which didn't exactly inspire me, his positional sense was ok but Barring the goals he didnt really have anything 2 deal with that any average goalkeeper wouldn't have stopped. But saying that being a goalkeeper that's just conceded 5 goals maybe its not a great time to rationally evaluate him, lets hope things get better for him,, that's if freda's not back in 4 the next game , ferguson seems to be able to manage 2 decent ish keeper sharp and happy enuf by rotating them maybe vb can ?????

Edited by rijit

Actually the only thing i slightly disagree smokes was hugo, bet ure thinking well there's a surprise, whilst he wasn't at fault for ANY of the goals, I cant see where the term good comes into his performance average springs more to mind .,I still didn't see anything to convince me, no greats saves, his distribution, a 'high' ?didn't seem anything better than average, a few overly dramatic flings which didn't exactly inspire me, his positional sense was ok but Barring the goals he didnt really have anything 2 deal with that any average goalkeeper wouldn't have stopped. But saying that being a goalkeeper that's just conceded 5 goals maybe its not a great time to rationally evaluate him, lets hope things get better for him,, that's if freda's not back in 4 the next game , ferguson seems to be able to manage 2 decent ish keeper sharp and happy enuf by rotating them maybe vb can ?????

Aside from an excellent reaction save and far better distribution of the ball.

Aside from an excellent reaction save and far better distribution of the ball.

Far better distribution,? personally i though his Kicking was average at best and throwing was bordering on poor and the save, The one just b4 they equalized? if so, was a save i'de expect ANY prem or even champion ship goalkeeper to make, let alone the french no 1 and frankly though he made a meal out of it. and ide like to say he's rusty? but didn't he play 4 France in midweek. But hey, it's early days, so lets just wait and see.