Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Condolences to both Defoe and Palacios for the tragic events that have recently happened.

Yes tragic both events ..... Englands far too violent, it seems as if Defoes brothers death was a fight gone terribly wrong, and very bizarre the Palacios brother murder.

Ledleys in trouble, nicked on suspicion of ABH

After doing a lot of exercise people get drunk far too easily, you wonder why clubs dont put a ban on it for after a match, not that i know he was drunk of course.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england...don/8042312.stm

England footballer Ledley King has been arrested outside a nightclub in central London on suspicion of causing actual bodily harm, the BBC understands.

The Tottenham Hotspur captain had played in the club's Premier League game against Everton on Saturday.

A Scotland Yard spokesman said: "A 28-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of ABH following an allegation of assault by a man in his 20s."

He said the man was arrested in Soho Street at about 0230 BST.

The spokesman said: "The 28-year-old man remains in custody. Charing Cross CID are investigating.

"The man was arrested after a routine patrol was flagged down."

Mr King has 19 international caps and was in the England squad for the 2004 European Championship. He has appeared more than 250 times for Tottenham and played the whole 90 minutes of the team's 0-0 draw with Everton on Saturday.

Edited by sanmiguel

• 2 weeks later...

''Aaron Lennon collected a hat-trick of awards at a Tottenham Supporters Clubs' presentation evening. The 22-year-old was named both the player and young player of the season, as well as scooping the 'glorious moment' award for his dramatic stoppage-time equaliser in the 4-4 draw at Arsenal''.

My vote for player of the year would have gone to Modric but there you go.

• 1 month later...

read that pascal chimbondas off to pompey or marseille for 2.5 m, less than you paid 2nd time around. just wondered if spurs are lining up a 4--5 million bid to replace him in the january transfer window with, pascal chimbonda from pompey or marseille? :)

read that pascal chimbondas off to pompey or marseille for 2.5 m, less than you paid 2nd time around. just wondered if spurs are lining up a 4--5 million bid to replace him in the january transfer window with, pascal chimbonda from pompey or marseille? :)

Why are you talking about something that is not even fact,even if it happens spurs supporters are not worried that some players we buy and sell we lose money on so why are you so concerned ?

our club is financially secure so losing a few million here and there is no problem.

I suppose youv'e also read that douglas bader's going to stoke for 15m.

hey afie conn, that name conjures up a few memories from the past

wild days of roger morgan, our man cyril r.i.p. dont think he made it through to the hoddle days, but hey

as for spurs, what do we reckon on the supposed 10 mil signing of the the sheffield utd pair Kyle Naughton and Kyle Walker

weve lent walker back to them for the season. Seems naughton can play l/b or r/b good cover ?

we do seem to fling our cash around alittle to readily for me

last seson we paid what 9mil for hutton plus bale neither imo are good enough defenders 3 for the boy gunter, now notts forrest who couldnt even

get on the bench

anyway would really like the hunter boy from madrid though

his goals to games for madrid impresive or what, everything considered, would go down a treat at the lane

You boys have done well with the Blades pair.

Young Internationals who will only get better and turn you a profit if it comes to sales further down the track.

im looking at a very large , and expensive graveyard full of similar,

so was Gunter welsh international, hutton scottish, supposedly scotlands finest, bale, well he was the welsh messiah.

sorry but unless you are the finished article and proven at least at prem level spurs, imo is not the place to play or develop.

and thats from a long time spurs fan

Young Internationals who will only get better and turn you a profit if it comes to sales further down the track.

so was Gunter welsh international, hutton scottish, supposedly scotlands finest, bale, well he was the welsh messiah.

sorry but unless you are the finished article and proven at least at prem level spurs, imo is not the place to play or develop.

Sounds like good business to me. You've signed two players who aren't in any way ready for the Premiership, whilst Sheffield United get to take some rejects on loan. Another of Harry's dealings, put inside an envelope and slipped under the door.

Mind you, we'd take Hutton at a push, but you can keep Chimbonda.

You've signed two players who aren't in any way ready for the Premiership,

Mind you, we'd take Hutton at a push, but you can keep Chimbonda.

How many times have you seen them play to come to this conclusion ?

a. you couldn't afford Hutton.

b. he would not be classed as a cast off which are the only types you take from us.

Silly question.

Answer: Enough to make an informed opinion. At the other end of the spectrum, how many times have you watched the likes of Messi or Ribery, etc, etc. play ? Do you have an opinion on them or their abilities ?

b. he would not be classed as a cast off which are the only types you take from us.

That's fine. The likes of Matty Etherington served us well. And I'm rather pleased that you took reject Freddie from us and he then went on to score a lovely goal for Sevilla in the UEFA Cup. Or perhaps you have no recollection ?

PS

I wonder if Harry will get Joe Cole ? You may have heard it here first. :)

Edited by Happy Hammer

Afterthought

Unless you mean Harry's latest acquisitions ? I've not seen them play, I don't think - unless they were in the play-offs ? But it's a mighty step-up from being relative unknowns in the Championship to joining even a middling Premiership team.

Afterthought

Unless you mean Harry's latest acquisitions ? I've not seen them play, I don't think - unless they were in the play-offs ? But it's a mighty step-up from being relative unknowns in the Championship to joining even a middling Premiership team.

So how can you form an opinion of a player when you havn't even seen him play :) in any case i would imagine the top 20 players in the championship of which naughton was one would be quite comfortable in the premiership.

They're at it again.. :)

This Year's gonna be different, again... :D

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5450992,00.html

Tottenham Hotspur forward Robbie Keane believes this season could finally see the club break back into the top four.

Spurs last achieved a top-four finish in the 1989/90 campaign, but Keane[/font] believes a change of fortunes is on the horizon.

After a torrid start under former boss Juande Ramos[/font]

They're at it again.. :)

This Year's gonna be different, again... :D

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5450992,00.html

Tottenham Hotspur forward Robbie Keane believes this season could finally see the club break back into the top four.

Spurs last achieved a top-four finish in the 1989/90 campaign

[quote

But he is Irish

Edited by alfieconn

Silly question.

Answer: Enough to make an informed opinion. At the other end of the spectrum, how many times have you watched the likes of Messi or Ribery, etc, etc. play ? Do you have an opinion on them or their abilities ?

That's fine. The likes of Matty Etherington served us well. And I'm rather pleased that you took reject Freddie from us and he then went on to score a lovely goal for Sevilla in the UEFA Cup. Or perhaps you have no recollection ?

PS

I wonder if Harry will get Joe Cole ? You may have heard it here first. :)

Etherington was a pleat signing when we were scouring the lower leagues for talent simon davies and gardner were amonst those we bought

as for the seville goals

if you are talking about when we were v unlucky to lose in seville and they, quite rightly so,took advantage of our ledleys first game for 3 months and in the first ten mins exploited it and played two little trianglar passing formations around him and bang mountain to climb!

still imo we walked out the better team over the 2 legs , but as you know you cant argue with the results

and as for coley gong to spurs its been mentioned for a couple of weeks in the uk press, but doubt if we will go in, to much money for us, . hes 28 and wont get any return next time around, spurs love a return! crouch y same scenario as joe cole and not coming. and van hunter from madrid ari reckons at the mo, its to much money for us. But leaves me with the impression that, tats the one he would really like out of all the possibilities.

Edited by rijit

if you are talking about when we were v unlucky to lose in seville and they, quite rightly so,took advantage of our ledleys first game for 3 months and in the first ten mins exploited it and played two little trianglar passing formations around him and bang mountain to climb! :)

It didn't look that way to me. Just that Sevilla looked a better team, as they are,and Freddie of course had found his niche there. And good on him all round. I like Freddie - especially after playing his part in knocking the Spuds out of that Cup. :D

as for coley gong to spurs its been mentioned for a couple of weeks in the uk press, but doubt if we will go in, to much money for us, . hes 28 and wont get any return next time around, spurs love a return! crouch y same scenario as joe cole and

Coley ? I think that there is a player with that name. Or is it a rock band/star or something ?

Anyway, twenty-eight is no age, pace isn't an issue with JC (he doesn't rely on it as do the likes of Owen, for instance). It's just his injuries that are the problem But Harry would love to get Joe Cole and play him out on the left. I think that he's probably sniffing around now, in his way. But of course I could be wrong.

As for Crouch, not the same scenario at all. Rednapp rates him highly of course. But as he's already said , he's not interested as he reckons that he already has enough strikers. But there again when he played him behind Beattie and Phillips, at Southampton, Crouch was at his best. People seem to forget that he's a very decent footballer as well as being an obvious striker. Behind the strikers he can be seen -- obviously -- for the pass and then feed the strikers to hopefully bang home. But Harry knows all this anyway.

Etherington was a pleat signing when we were scouring the lower leagues for talent simon davies and gardner were amonst those we bought

I think that my point was that Matty Etherington was a fair enough player , but that Spurs somehow manage to ruin a lot of players when they're there.

I could also mention Jimmy Neighbour (RIP). Although he's fondly remembered at Spurs and at West ham.

if you are talking about when we were v unlucky to lose in seville and they, quite rightly so,took advantage of our ledleys first game for 3 months and in the first ten mins exploited it and played two little trianglar passing formations around him and bang mountain to climb! :)

It didn't look that way to me. Just that Sevilla looked a better team, as they are,and Freddie of course had found his niche there. And good on him all round. I like Freddie - especially after playing his part in knocking the Spuds out of that Cup. :D

as for coley gong to spurs its been mentioned for a couple of weeks in the uk press, but doubt if we will go in, to much money for us, . hes 28 and wont get any return next time around, spurs love a return! crouch y same scenario as joe cole and

Coley ? I think that there is a player with that name. Or is it a rock band/star or something ?

Anyway, twenty-eight is no age, pace isn't an issue with JC (he doesn't rely on it as do the likes of Owen, for instance). It's just his injuries that are the problem But Harry would love to get Joe Cole and play him out on the left. I think that he's probably sniffing around now, in his way. But of course I could be wrong.

As for Crouch, not the same scenario at all. Rednapp rates him highly of course. But as he's already said , he's not interested as he reckons that he already has enough strikers. But there again when he played him behind Beattie and Phillips, at Southampton, Crouch was at his best. People seem to forget that he's a very decent footballer as well as being an obvious striker. Behind the strikers he can be seen -- obviously -- for the pass and then feed the strikers to hopefully bang home. But Harry knows all this anyway.

pleeese quantify, platitudes are so fffffffffff--------cking boring, and typically football stupid, perhaps if u are going to quote peoples posts and managers quotes you you should be accurate maybe a little bit of concentration is required. difficult, I know but there u go.

well obviously as a west ham fan you see things in a different light. Seville were a top team cup fighting team in europe. but a dodgy penalty decision and exploiting a rusty player, well. a wins awin I suppose. Cant argue with that. as for crouch being a decent player, thats for sure, guess where he started his pro career ?

of coarse west ham have developed oh ssoooooooooo many England strikers in the last 5 or 10 or was the last one ????????/years ago. Cooootie? hardly a raging England success story

. cole and pace, where did i mention that? At 28, a player reaches his physical prime, just not as a financial investment

and ari has stated that he would like to sign crouch and the reason why he didnt was absolutely Nothing to do with him being totally happy with his strike force. where on earth did you dream that up. any manager worth his salt seeeing an oppurtunity to improve his squad generally likes to take it. The reason ari didnt sign crouch was PURELY financial, HE SAID ON THE BBC that his chairman thought that at 28 he was expensive and you wouldnt get a financiial return next time he moves. logic suggests cole, as much as ari , football wise im sure would like to have joe cole on the left cutting in,who wouldnt! being the same age as crouch, the same financial scenario would apply.

Edited by rijit

And ari has stated that he would like to sign crouch and the reason why he didnt was absolutely Nothing to do with him being totally happy with his strike force. where on earth did you dream that up. any manager worth his salt seeeing an oppurtunity to improve his squad generally likes to take it. The reason ari didnt sign crouch was PURELY financial, HE SAID ON THE BBC that his chairman thought that at 28 he was expensive and you wouldnt get a financiial return next time he moves. logic suggests cole, as much as ari , football wise im sure would like to have joe cole on the left cutting in,who wouldnt! being the same age as crouch, the same financial scenario would apply.

I didn't make anything up my friend. Only heard it from the same source as you claim ,i.e the BBC. Straight from the horses mouth actually. That is, 'Arry saying that he thought that he had enough strikers so, therefore, didn't need Crouch. .

As for the rest of your post. It's not only too difficult to decipher for what the content is actually saying. But also, that the lack of capital lettering, the splattering of contacted words and, conversely, supposedly expressive exaggerations makes you look inarticulate. Which I'm sure that you're not. :)

I think that my point was that Matty Etherington was a fair enough player , but that Spurs somehow manage to ruin a lot of players when they're there.

I could also mention Jimmy Neighbour (RIP). Although he's fondly remembered at Spurs and at West ham.

Your argument that you dont take Spurs cast off's was Etherington,not putting up much of a case there are you, name me one player that has gone on to better things after leaving the Spammers when originally coming from spurs, i'll give you a clue, you'll be thinking a long time :)

You west ham lot come on here talking like your club , never lose any money, never sign a bad player, only produce great players when your no different to any other mediocre club.

You even come on hear talking about players who spurs have lost money on when we've not even been sold them yet, form opinions on players who you havn't even seen play, generally believing anything you read in the media.Its like your living in a fantasty world.

And ari has stated that he would like to sign crouch and the reason why he didnt was absolutely Nothing to do with him being totally happy with his strike force. where on earth did you dream that up. any manager worth his salt seeeing an oppurtunity to improve his squad generally likes to take it. The reason ari didnt sign crouch was PURELY financial, HE SAID ON THE BBC that his chairman thought that at 28 he was expensive and you wouldnt get a financiial return next time he moves. logic suggests cole, as much as ari , football wise im sure would like to have joe cole on the left cutting in,who wouldnt! being the same age as crouch, the same financial scenario would apply.

I didn't make anything up my friend. Only heard it from the same source as you claim ,i.e the BBC. Straight from the horses mouth actually. That is, 'Arry saying that he thought that he had enough strikers so, therefore, didn't need Crouch. .

And you believe everything Harry ses, do you really believe managers tell the press everything, you should change your name to Mr.Naive :)

Edited by alfieconn

Your argument that you dont take Spurs cast off's was Etherington,not putting up much of a case there are you, name me one player that has gone on to better things after leaving the Spammers when originally coming from spurs, i'll give you a clue, you'll be thinking a long time :)

That's not a clue, it's a statement. But what you term as being "Spurs cast offs" becoming better players after Spurs - West Ham was never a point of contention. Only that you wrote something about West Ham and Spurs rejects and I pointed out that there's players whom Spurs all but ruined but turned out to be not bad players at all after they left.

As for a player that was at Tottenham, went to West Ham (on loan) then played arguably better football elsewhere ? Davenport didn't do too bad at Coventry -- although without burning any bridges. But as I've already written, this isn't an issue.

You west ham lot come on here talking like your club , never lose any money, never sign a bad player, only produce great players when your no different to any other mediocre club.

You even come on hear talking about players who spurs have lost money on when we've not even been sold them yet, form opinions on players who you havn't even seen play, generally believing anything you read in the media.Its like your living in a fantasty world.

I thought that I read at least one of your own supporters on this very forum moaning about taking players that didn't seem to be at Premiership level. I think that's probably a majority opinion across the board, so to speak.

But of course West Ham aren't the universal cause of mirth , piss-take and ridicule as are your lot. I've never heard of West Ham supporters saying every single dire year that this one's definitely the one to at least break into the top four of the Premiership. And then come Christmas time whining about the fact that you are very far off of winning anything at all. :D

Nor do West Ham supporters claim that really we're a very big club, when we're manifestly not. Nor do we have the commensurate, delusional arrogance -- that is the hallmark of all too many Spurs supporters -- which endears them to one and all.

That's not a clue, it's a statement. But what you term as being "Spurs cast offs" becoming better players after Spurs - West Ham was never a point of contention. Only that you wrote something about West Ham and Spurs rejects and I pointed out that there's players whom Spurs all but ruined but turned out to be not bad players at all after they left.

can't remember who they are, can you enlighten me ? Rebrov,Taricco,Davenport,Zamora perhaps? certainly turned out better players after they went to you lot :D

As for a player that was at Tottenham, went to West Ham (on loan) then played arguably better football elsewhere ? Davenport didn't do too bad at Coventry -- although without burning any bridges. But as I've already written, this isn't an issue.

davenport was sold to wet spam not loaned and he didn't go to coventry after wet spam let alone play better elsewhere, in fact isn't he still at wet spam.

I thought that I read at least one of your own supporters on this very forum moaning about taking players that didn't seem to be at Premiership level. I think that's probably a majority opinion across the board, so to speak.

Where was this must have missed it.

But of course West Ham aren't the universal cause of mirth , piss-take and ridicule as are your lot. I've never heard of West Ham supporters saying every single dire year that this one's definitely the one to at least break into the top four of the Premiership. And then come Christmas time whining about the fact that you are very far off of winning anything at all. :)

Lets face it none of the mediocre team such as yourselves,Ipswich,Stoke,West brom get the piss taken out of them because basically they are non-entities when it comes to football.

Anyway whats wrong with having high expectations ? we are just trying to repeat what we have done before.

can't remember who they are, can you enlighten me ? Rebrov,Taricco,Davenport,Zamora perhaps? certainly turned out better players after they went to you lot :D

Rebrov. Can't comment as he was always injured.

Bobby Z. That's not the case. Just ask Fulham supporters. He always gave one-hundred per cent playing at the team he supports and even scored one or two crucial goals. But Bobby will always be more effort than skill.

Tarricco. How can you include him ??? He was injured in his first game at West Ham and never played again. To his credit, he withdrew from West Ham so as not to be a freeloader on wages.

Davenport. Already mentioned

davenport was sold to wet spam not loaned and he didn't go to coventry after wet spam let alone play better elsewhere, in fact isn't he still at wet spam.

"Wet Spam". How old are you. ? :D

You really need to get your facts right. Davenport was on loan at West Ham in 2004 and was recalled back to Tottenham in the same year. We didn't actually sign him until 2007 !!!

Lets face it none of the mediocre team such as yourselves,Ipswich,Stoke,West brom get the piss taken out of them because basically they are non-entities when it comes to football.

I've nothing against any of the teams that you've mentioned. But comparisons with a Championship team, another that only came into the Premiership a season ago and West Brom just relegated (again) ? Can't you do better than that?

West Ham are generally respected, not least because of the football we play , that's been revitalised under Zola. But if some Spurs supporters think otherwise -- then that brings me around again to the question of delusional arrogance.

Anyway whats wrong with having high expectations ? we are just trying to repeat what we have done before.

:)

You just don't see it , do you. What you wrote there is exactly why you're universally ridiculed. :D