Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Its rather quiet on the transfer front. Must be because everyones sunning it up in the Bahamas at uncle Joe's gaff!

With Bale almost certain to stay this is probably Levy's most important transfer summer. Three quality players in and about six to let go. Gomes, Bentley, Gallas, Parker Dempsey and one of the strikers depending on the incomings. No one seems to know whats going on with Rose or BAE.

I hope we keep Hudd, Livermore and Carroll

Well carms, don't think we need Hudd if we keep Liv and Carroll, still have Dem, the beast, Holt and perhaps newbie.

Listened to an audio of Sherwood yesterland and he really rates Carroll, so expect to see more of him next season and perhaps no need for a newbie smile.png

Think we could get good money for Hudd too. was AVB putting in the shop window for the last couple of months?

Was going to suggest the scammers for hudd but thinking it about he passes the ball 50 yds not punts it 50 yds so no good for them laugh.png

He's plays with finesse. Wasted on them as you say.

Its rather quiet on the transfer front. Must be because everyones sunning it up in the Bahamas at uncle Joe's gaff!

With Bale almost certain to stay this is probably Levy's most important transfer summer. Three quality players in and about six to let go. Gomes, Bentley, Gallas, Parker Dempsey and one of the strikers depending on the incomings. No one seems to know whats going on with Rose or BAE.

Its mostly quiet cos the window doesn't open for a month. Mind you that doesn't mean much by the looks of Monaco!

Who knows what Levy will do....besides sit in his ivory tower counting the gold of course.....not another long summer please......let's wrap it up before preseason training starts....that's the way to do business properly in the summer.

Edited by smokie36

Its mostly quiet cos the window doesn't open for a month. Mind you that doesn't mean much by the looks of Monaco!

Who knows what Levy will do....besides sit in his ivory tower counting the gold of course.....not another long summer please......let's wrap it up before preseason training starts....that's the way to do business properly in the summer.

Its only quiet at WHL. The rest of the football world is buzzing.

No doubt we will again get bogged down trying to sort out Damiao's ridiculous third party ownership issues. Its all gone very quiet too with Erikson too.

From The Grauniad an hour ago....

The Real Madrid president, Florentino Pérez, has said that Tottenham's forward Gareth Bale was "born" to play for the club but hinted that he may not pursue the Liverpool striker Luis Suárez.

Pérez's comments come after Bale's agent, Jonathan Barnett, said his client would listen to an offer from Madrid and Suárez told Uruguayan radio that he would find it hard to resist an approach from the Spanish club.

The president was quoted in the Spanish newspaper Marca as saying: "Bale was born to play in Madrid."

But he was more lukewarm on Suárez, saying: "Suárez is a great player and I am sure all in the world would want him. I like him and others too, but it does not always fit."

Yeah you can see what he means. Real play with that sort of upright arrogance that exudes class. Suarez is a streetfighter of a footballer. Both very watchable.

Yeah you can see what he means. Real play with that sort of upright arrogance that exudes class. Suarez is a streetfighter of a footballer. Both very watchable.

Class in years past, but not much recently. Pepe ? Thug. Ramos ? <deleted>. Di Maria ? Diving weasel from hell. Ronaldo ? Diva extraordinaire.

In that sort of UFC way, yes.

biggrin.png

it was announced after the modric deal, According to reports when they did us in the champs lge, apparently levy got on quite well with perez, and they agreed to link parts of the business's up,what bits they never really specified and haven't heard anything about it since and 2 b honest ATT, i thought it was a bit of pr/face saver for levy but i could be wrong and it could all be bearing fruit !!!!

f me I'm glad i kept all those proggrammes nowclap2.gifhttp://www.collectsoccer.com/acatalog/Tottenham_Hotspur_.html

Funny enough i only asked my old man a couple of months ago "what happened to all your / our old football programmes and he said " they've all dissappeared " i find that strange coming from someone who won't let anything out of his sight sad.png

Edited by alfieconn

I bet Bale is off a few people's Xmas card list. biggrin.png

"David Bentley, William Gallas, Emmanuel Adebayor, Benoit Assou-Ekotto, Jake Livermore, Tom Huddlestone and Heurelho Gomes could all leave Tottenham this summer as the club look to cut their wage bill to fund a new deal for star winger Gareth Bale, 23, who is wanted by Real Madrid".

"David Bentley, William Gallas, Emmanuel Adebayor, Benoit Assou-Ekotto, Jake Livermore, Tom Huddlestone and Heurelho Gomes could all leave Tottenham this summer as the club look to cut their wage bill to fund a new deal for star winger Gareth Bale, 23, who is wanted by Real Madrid".

Probably all can leave yes....in order to bring in better players.

The only one I would keep is Huddlestone...but we shall see.

Three years on his contract remember ups....you seem to keep forgetting its Levy who holds all the cards!

Are we paying him 600k a week? Some of this Bale related stuff beggars belief.

Its really very simple and i'm struggling to understand what the fuss is about or why journos can't get their head around the concept of getting rid of deadwood to fund purchase of new blood. The only problem we've had id Levy's reluctance to pay for quality

While we were building the new stadium, we had it constantly with Henry, with Vieira and with Fabregas.

Trust me, it will get to the point where you'll wish he'd just f*** off.

biggrin.png

And magnificent players they were.

TbH o's i can never quite work out if your a spurs fan or not, but which ever, you seem to be on here enuf to know that everyone on that list we've been expecting to leave, Baring the source and the obvious maths ie 7 players leaving to cove r bales 70 g max a week really o's bollacks posts like that, well i'de say irate, but embarrass, might be better.

While we were building the new stadium, we had it constantly with Henry, with Vieira and with Fabregas.

Trust me, it will get to the point where you'll wish he'd just f*** off.

biggrin.png

yeah i'm not disagreeing but tbh chic, what ever club has 'world stage' players and arnt constantly winning cups, there is always gonna be speculation, look at bale, suarez., But agree it must get to be a pain and if it was a pain for your mob , who managed the changeover relatively well, i'm wondering what its gonna be like for us.!!!!But as As ive always said this stadium is 2 years late as it is.

TbH o's i can never quite work out if your a spurs fan or not, but which ever, you seem to be on here enuf to know that everyone on that list we've been expecting to leave, Baring the source and the obvious maths ie 7 players leaving to cove r bales 70 g max a week really o's bollacks posts like that, well i'de say irate, but embarrass, might be better.

It's from a journalistic source hence the bold lettering and quotation marks.

I merely made a remark about being off a Xmas card list.

Edited by uptheos

Thinking about the Bale situation we really are onto a no lose situation, sell a player who cost us 30 bob for 70m or keep him biggrin.png

At least one Spurs poster who won't break down if he goes.thumbsup.gif

I don't know of a Spurs fan that thinks any different. We're in a great position and what with Madrid fawning all over him were going to make a fortune.

The only big question mark is what will Levy do with the cash? Thats the worry.

Thinking about the Bale situation we really are onto a no lose situation, sell a player who cost us 30 bob for 70m or keep him biggrin.png

I don't know of a Spurs fan that thinks any different. We're in a great position and what with Madrid fawning all over him were going to make a fortune.

Youre absolutely right Carmine, except the we're going to make a fortune, Levy will be the only one making the fortune.

Spurs will be left with a hole far too big to plug, even assuming Levy gives half to buy new players.

Have any ideas how to plug it and maintain the same level.?

Well the emergence of Andros Townsend is a huge plus. We've been waithing for a couple of seasons now to see him start to fufill his potential. He also plays left of right. Also possibly a contributing factor in AVB releasing Falque.

We need a big spend on a creative mid and up top. Problem is everyone thinks Levy will sell us short. We just hope to be proven wrong. Anyhow, with regards to new acquisitions we along with the rest will have to wait and see who's left after Monaco have finished

Youre absolutely right Carmine, except the we're going to make a fortune, Levy will be the only one making the fortune.

Spurs will be left with a hole far too big to plug, even assuming Levy gives half to buy new players.

Have any ideas how to plug it and maintain the same level.?

To be fair ups, it was plugged in the couple of seasons before Bale started playing exceptionly well so i'm pretty sure it can plugged again, teams do lose there best players but it doesn't seem to affect them as much as people think it will, a bit like someone losing their leg, it seems like the end of the world at the time but in a couple of months they're up and running around like a spring chicken biggrin.png