Tottenham Thread

chonabot

all our defensive line have issue smokes. verity has also been culpable 4 a few ,he's a star going forward but defensively!! as vb thought u can get in behind Dawson when holding a high line. walker' distribution lacks accuracy and needs to improve defensively,bae we've covered. caulker don't come of

the bench

well ..looks2 rusty .andas a unit we need to improve big time !

the one thing I've noticed about vbs system ,god doesn't it show defensive players weaknesses up

Is that AVB's system of playing a different back four nearly every week ?

Paris Saint-Germain want Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas to replace Carlo Ancelotti as their new boss.

Villas-Boas has emerged as the prime candidate after a series of discussions between PSG president Nasser El-Khelaifi and his advisers.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2339768/Andre-Villas-Boas-wanted-Paris-Saint-Germain-boss.html

Its the daily fail. We're quite happy with our manager thanks...and he has a contract ups.....same as Gareth and Sandro.

He will probably take Bale with him.

They can take Sandro as well....£150m for the three of them and we can build a new stadium. Job done.

Yep, you only need about 12,000 seats innit?

biggrin.png

Paris Saint-Germain want Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas to replace Carlo Ancelotti as their new boss.Villas-Boas has emerged as the prime candidate after a series of discussions between PSG president Nasser El-Khelaifi and his advisers.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2339768/Andre-Villas-Boas-wanted-Paris-Saint-Germain-boss.html

Its the daily fail. We're quite happy with our manager thanks...and he has a contract ups.....same as Gareth and Sandro.

He will probably take Bale with him.

They can take Sandro as well....£150m for the three of them and we can build a new stadium. Job done.

:D

Nope. When Chelsea visit they will need a lot more than that sunny boy. You got room for my dog at your stadium?

the bbc have given this a link, i f---.kfoomg hope its like the paper--- a load of bollack---s

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/407122/EXCLUSIVE-Spurs-boss-Andre-Villas-Boas-to-swoop-for-City-s-4m-midfielder-Gareth-Barry

If were looking to out parker, which wouldn't surprise me, but surely it would be dumb replace him with barry!!!!!! if VB wants like ish for like ish and wants to stay 'english stye'. i reckon we ought to look at williams the crystal palace midfielder, he's young and he is or gonna be the real deal

the bbc have given this a link, i f---.kfoomg hope its like the paper--- a load of bollack---s

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/407122/EXCLUSIVE-Spurs-boss-Andre-Villas-Boas-to-swoop-for-City-s-4m-midfielder-Gareth-Barry

If were looking to out parker, which wouldn't surprise me, but surely it would be dumb replace him with barry!!!!!! if VB wants like ish for like ish and wants to stay 'english stye'. i reckon we ought to look at williams the crystal palace midfielder, he's young and he is or gonna be the real deal

Grab Barry before someone else does. He's an earth mover, and Bale will be more than satisfied with this heady acquisition. whistling.gif

biggrin.png

And that's meant as a joke or some sort of 'serious' point about the cost of a new stadium?

Both <heh>

Fuuny thing is though that a 12000 seater at Spurs would have far more atmosphere than the plastic Library would it!!!

SAying that it all depends on the money just for a change!!! get 5 /6 mil for parker and barry on free, @ a push he'd do a job for a season!!! i suppose , if were gonna get rid of 'old' tbh i'de prefer spurs to invest in a player for the future, but its al about timing i suppose.

Grab Barry before someone else does. He's an earth mover, and Bale will be more than satisfied with this heady acquisition. whistling.gif

Barry will be staying. The plan is to make him captain of our new MLS team in a couple of years. . He is a good squad player and I think that is how he will be used the next couple of years. Model professional.

Barry will be staying. The plan is to make him captain of our new MLS team in a couple of years. . He is a good squad player and I think that is how he will be used the next couple of years. Model professional.

yeah, but i reckon @ 100 g's a week average, EVERYONES gonna be staying w00t.gif

Well as its generally accepted we need at least one striker and a creative midfielder what is your opinion on Paulinho?

Anyone seen much of him?

Never heard of 'im myself....

Box to box midfielder who can score a goal. Physical. Good with his head. 24.

• Like 1

Perfect age then....more a Parker replacement.

I notice more and more these box to box guys lasting maybe four years at the top of theEnglish game before injuriea ake their toll.

Its greT to see them at the top of their game.....Essien Vieira....Keane lasted more than most.

I hope the rumours are true.

I wonder if we're totally gonna go the ' modern' way of trying to stuff the midfield full of players that can score and link with a solitary 'line covering' striker, would appeal to levy, midfielders tend to come cheaper than strikerslaugh.png

Edited by rijit

I wonder if we're totally gonna go the ' modern' way of trying to stuff the midfield full of players that can score and link with a solitary 'line covering' striker, would appeal to levy, midfielders tend to come cheaper than strikerslaugh.png

I thought we already had?

I thought we already had?

but yeah it could well argued we have, but not sure if it was a like a policy or something we sort of drifted into !!. read the indy and the guardian 2 day and both reckon that townsends on offer, lets hope they're wrong, but in fairness to the lad ATM, can only see him being a fringe player art best under vb, wheras else where aka qpr or maybe someone like stoke Norwich he'd probably be a starter.

If....IF we have some new significant signings then Townsend on loan would seem sensible...... I rate him totally, but much better he plays every week, on his return he will be the real deal, and we will be in the champions league ready.

• Like 1

If....IF we have some new significant signings then Townsend on loan would seem sensible...... I rate him totally, but much better he plays every week, on his return he will be the real deal, and we will be in the champions league ready.

Sensible post. To push on he would get maybe half a dozen games for us next season. Mind you I was unconvinced about a young left back not so long ago.....:lol:

It'll probably be bout finances again, 5 mil and 4 sure he's gone, and dont forget after some

excellent

performances at qpr, left 4 me no doubts he'll want first team footie. half a dozen games will be ok 4 us but

will it cut it for him? and the other unknown , Its hardly a new phenomena

for a player to go out on loan do extremely well and then find the 'step up' to our first team tough, latest

being caulker and i was a fan when he was at swansea. Lets hope rose comes bac and steps in and up,

there's a

touch of uncertaintly about the l/l/b position which may well help him oh and he's quick which is doubly useful

AVB wants pace right through the squad and the quality that is required at that tempo.

Whether Levy will allow it is one thing but Townsend and Livermore are going.....probably Hudd as well.

Im sure he'll allow it smokes, whether he'll pay for it is another matterbiggrin.png

I hope the talk of selling/loaning Townsend is nothing more than rumor mill madness. We'd paid the price last season and we'll pay it again. bale has moved central which leaves us with a winger on that side. He's also back up for the right side.

Why loan him either as he will be playing regular football for us.

Wheres the rumor of Paulinho coming from? Thought we were supposed to be spending our money on a striker! This guy would cost a fortune and they would be nothing left

Well , i was lookin g for an article in the indie that was about psg talking to vbs agent and activating the, 10 mil release clause !!!

but then i found this,

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/psg-may-look-to-appoint-andre-villasboas-on-shortterm-deal-while-they-wait-for-arsene-wenger-8662068.html

frankly this article just sounds bizarre .