Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Clubs can have commercial arrangements ie shirt and maybe some other financial arrangements,what i've no idea, but how exactly can they have arrangements when it comes to transfers? simple really they cant, there is finite amount of talent that levels of football clubs compete for, and the bigger fish nearly always wins. so fans thinking arrangements are in place, think

again, there aint.

Clubs can have commercial arrangements ie shirt and maybe some other financial arrangements,what i've no idea, but how exactly can they have arrangements when it comes to transfers? simple really they cant, there is finite amount of talent that levels of football clubs compete for, and the bigger fish nearly always wins. so fans thinking arrangements are in place, think

again, there aint.

True dat!

No more needs be said.....sign him up! smile.png

Nice header from Paulinho to beat Uruguay. He'll be your Yaya.wink.png He looks like a proper footballer.

Nice header from Paulinho to beat Uruguay. He'll be your Yaya.wink.png He looks like a proper footballer.

Yes but the only problem is we are yet to sign himwink.png

Carms. I've asked about your double quoting problem. Do you have a bad internet connection and are double clicking?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jun/28/tottenham-barcelona-david-villa

12 mil is 2 much, @ 6/8 could/would b a good buy a loan would seem a reasoned compromise 4 us, but for them, not sure it would work, he's on the last 12 mths of his contract

perhaps they'll want to cash in, but will he?? As one of a team of four strikers, with him, we'd be a force, A shame really, is that it took vb a season to learn that runnin with 2 out and out strikers in the prem don't really work. The plus is ,,, he learned.

Edited by rijit

Seems both the Paulinho and Villa deals are in the hands of the players themselves.

I'm shaking my head in disbelief here.

How has Daniel managed to reach agreement with anyone before Sept?

I wouldn't hold your breath Smokes ! not in the bag yet sad.png

I'm not mate....just incredible that Levy is shelling out so early on.

Or at least appears prepared to.

Maybe I have misjudged him. tongue.png

]

maybe the director of football appointment has helped, lets hope so.

Seems both the Paulinho and Villa deals are in the hands of the players themselves.

Nothings done yet is it!! Plenty of time for someone else to step in and nick Paulinho. Although, there doesn't seem to be much of a bidding war for David Villa i notice. Sure we'll get him because he's 31 and we'll probably pay about 8m tops. he's a quality footballer of course but well past his best and at that age and injury history could get quickly crocked in the physical premier league. i think he will. That was a very bad leg break by all accounts

Shame we are not focusing on the likes of Benteke up top but signing Paulinho would make it a great window regardless and i'd much rather have Villa than those other pair of wank*rs. biggrin.png

Carms. I've asked about your double quoting problem. Do you have a bad internet connection and are double clicking?

Spurs syndrome, buy one get one free. wink.png

• Like 1

Hear hear carms.....hopefully we will get both and sell to buy another striker.

We can only hope!

In some ways i think its irrelevant who we buy unless we buy a young hungry striker as well, as we stand at the moment i'd rather have Benteke than Paulinho !

Edited by alfieconn

Hear hear carms.....hopefully we will get both and sell to buy another striker.

We can only hope!

In some ways i think its ilrevelent who buy unless we buy a young hungry striker as well, as we stand at the moment i'd rather have Benteke than Paulinho !

Maybe, you'll get both. that would be a team to reckon with.

• Like 1

I would take a 50 year old Klinsmann rather than the current pair.

Benteke would be great....Villa will be good.

A hungry young striker is the way forward....perhaps Michu is rhe answer?

Aston Villa will slap a £25 million price tag on ­Christian Benteke to scare off any club that gets ­serious about buying their brilliant young striker.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfer-news-christian-2010260

could be interesting on the striker front if the seemingly imminent departures od Huddlestone and BAE go through. that would bring in about 10m cash and a very useful wage reallocation.

Hopefully Paulinho will be finalised in the next couple of days.. Nice to hear he feels we have ambition and is impressed we have kept hold of AVb and he claims Bale too. thumbsup.gif Things starting to sound good.

I thought he rather got found out in the latter half of the season.

Think you might well have a point there. He was very much quieter for most of the second half of the season.

Think you might well have a point there. He was very much quieter for most of the second half of the season.

My thoughts are that he is a good attacking midfielder, but when he is played as an out and out striker, he doesnt do so well.

Also last year the rigours of the premiership may have caught upon him.