Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Top 4. Hold up while I get off the deck.

What a bloody shambles and for the second week running not sure Redknapp sent the correct 11 out. If Gomes is fit play him as bloody Cuddi what's his name just petrifies what defense we had out. And same for Dawson if he is fit then start the bloke. Everyone in the land knows how Bolton play so why put a midfielder in the centre of defense and leave a bloke who's single strength is dealing with high balls on the bench? Don't understand it. And as for Mr R.Keane well when he left for Liverpool he was a class act (at his own sort of pace) but he just doesn't get into a game (aside from 15 minutes last week) and the same can be said for that 5 minute wonder Lennon. The bloke is there to create chances and it just doesn't happen enough.

Thought we had the squad to really have a go this season but they just isn't any sort of shape there so can see us falling away badly unless Redknapp sorts them out pretty sharpish.

As with the past 40 seasons, here's hoping.

Away to portsmouth at the weekend, easiest game in the division? after all they are the bottom club or the wrong time to be playing them.

Gozmos back for me and maybe even pav the russin boy to start?, And i know i keep harping but i would love to see gio the boy whose dads from rio, given a chance. Imagine pace down both flanks, WOW calm down lad calm down!!!!

Away to portsmouth at the weekend, easiest game in the division? after all they are the bottom club or the wrong time to be playing them.

Gozmos back for me and maybe even pav the russin boy to start?, And i know i keep harping but i would love to see gio the boy whose dads from rio, given a chance. Imagine pace down both flanks, WOW calm down lad calm down!!!!

Definitely the wrong time to be playing them.They've got the club sorted out off the field and the players are getting paid.Portsmouth haven't been that bad when I've watched them,just a bit anxious and things haven't gone their way on occasions.Now they've got their first win,they will be gunning for you lot at Fratton Park.

Regarding 'Arry boy's rumour about leaving,I wouldn't put it passed him to have taken the 66-1 with the bookmakers himself.Where will he go?.......Pompey.

Yeah, i reckon you could be right o g. Add the little bit of 'stabilty' theyve recenntly acquired to kevin p. boetang. BIG point to prove. Hes had abso glowing recomens' in some of the reports ive read 'best player on the park by a country mile ' is one that springs to mind. they could well be a stumbling block. But hey this is aris new spurs!!! with loads of bottle!!!! couuugghh, spluutter? ! ? come on you spurs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great to see Gomes back between the sticks and what a performance. Alright he should have covered the near post for the goal but at least 4 superb saves and the clear man of the match for me.

But not everyone was pulling their weight. Don't know about other Spurs fans but I see the same players under performing week in week out and the two I have ragged on recently were once more lacking and long for the day when they start earning their exorbitant salaries and when we can expect to see a decent right back at the club? Corluka is appallingly slow and Hutton is plain appalling so about time the Naughton lad was given a chance and as for Huddlestone well he'll be on the bench as soon as Modric is back in boots which unfortunately is looking like it will be a while yet.

Anyway welcome win but would like to see at least 2 players brought in January and those expensive misfits that don't feature moved on irregardless of loss.

Great to see Gomes back between the sticks and what a performance. Alright he should have covered the near post for the goal but at least 4 superb saves and the clear man of the match for me.

But not everyone was pulling their weight. Don't know about other Spurs fans but I see the same players under performing week in week out and the two I have ragged on recently were once more lacking and long for the day when they start earning their exorbitant salaries and when we can expect to see a decent right back at the club? Corluka is appallingly slow and Hutton is plain appalling so about time the Naughton lad was given a chance and as for Huddlestone well he'll be on the bench as soon as Modric is back in boots which unfortunately is looking like it will be a while yet.

Anyway welcome win but would like to see at least 2 players brought in January and those expensive misfits that don't feature moved on irregardless of loss.

what do you want from a full back? corluka hes sound defensively thats good enough, imo leave the attacking and the space down the right for the little lemon. All an attacking full back will do/has done aka hutton is crowd the boys space. rumor is moyes fancies button so let the boy go. lets get some wedge back. And ari can deal on :)

Yes I know other Spurs fans who also rate Corluka but for me he's so bloody slow that he's a liability and if you look back at yesterday's game all Pompey's best efforts and also the goal all came down one flank and there has to be a reason for that.

So what's going on with Keane?

I think Hutton is a great player. The Spurs fans were singing his praises not that long ago.

Dont think that hes a bad player, just that hes more of an attacking fullback than a defending one which is what corluka is. So at the mo with lemon ruling the attacking r/h /s, he s not right for spurs, imo would upset the balance. If could find a fault with button it's his body strength, seemed to be knocked of the ball far to easy. As for keane , not so sure, can only think hes injured. But hey ho its up the league we shall go!!

Edited by rijit

Nice of us Spurs supporters for showing some compassion towards our east london neighbours by not giving them any stick in regards to there current plight, i'm sure if the boot was on the other foot there would have been plenty of flak coming our way so perhaps this shows the difference in mentality between the 2 sets of supporters :) .

Nice of us Spurs supporters for showing some compassion towards our east london neighbours by not giving them any stick in regards to there current plight, i'm sure if the boot was on the other foot there would have been plenty of flak coming our way so perhaps this shows the difference in mentality between the 2 sets of supporters :) .

You can say that again....

Cuckoo, Cuckoo, Cuckoo...

Why any Buffoon, & they'd have to be a Buffoon, would even begin to compare T*ttenham & West Ham given both of their financial situations is beyond me, but not you it seems aye Alfredo ?? :D

We ain't doing too bad believe it or not considering the circumstances..

Why any Buffoon, & they'd have to be a Buffoon, would even begin to compare T*ttenham & West Ham given both of their financial situations is beyond me, but not you it seems aye Alfredo ?? :D

It's ok Singer, pretty soon you will be American owned as well - like us and LP.

Thanks,you have just confirmed exactly what i was saying :D

If you read the post, i was talking about the difference between the 2 sets of supporters, nothing to do with the financial situations of both clubs :D

Nice of us Spurs supporters for showing some compassion towards our east london neighbours by not giving them any stick in regards to there current plight, i'm sure if the boot was on the other foot there would have been plenty of flak coming our way so perhaps this shows the difference in mentality between the 2 sets of supporters :D .

Thanks,you have just confirmed exactly what i was saying :D

If you read the post, i was talking about the difference between the 2 sets of supporters, nothing to do with the financial situations of both clubs :D

I was too... :D

& i was just highlighting the difference between finances, for those who aren't smart enough to work it our for themselves yet are suggesting that's it's nice for Spuds Fans that they're showing compassion to us & not giving us any flak in our situation, no names mentioned of course... :)

A difference in mentality i think someone called it... :D

. Bassong king woodgate and dawson all fit according to ari. Cant remember spurs EVER being that strong at the back. for me are about the best central defensive unit in the prem. None, imo; deserve not to play shame, but somethings got to give. if I were a prem manager looking for improvements such as sunderland and bruce ide be tempted to have a crack at signing Dawson. but a very nice problem for spurs and ari to have. APPY days. come on you spurs.

I think Hutton is a great player. The Spurs fans were singing his praises not that long ago.

Missed this one Jockstar. I don't think the lad has been a great player in the EPL by any stretch of the imagination but my comment was over the top as he simply hasn't had a decent run due to one injury after another. I'm all for him achieving greatness at the Lane but for one reason or another I don't believe it will happen. As always I don't have a problem being wrong.

Cheers

Well well, or not as the case maybe!! yesterday was a good example why we probably wont break in to the top 4 this season. Ist time ive ever thought that we missed Defoe. but it was apparent, we did. There was more than enough play in and around Stokes box for defoe. and im sure he would have finished something as that's what he's so very good at.. Hopefully good news about lennons injury today fingers xd. imo spurs could well struggle without him. Good to see Woodgate back, even though it was only for 15 mins. if king plays would Dawson even get on the bench? suppose so, now we can have 7. But a game? i'm not so sure. Come on you spurs.

Not a bad game though eh despite the defeat. If just one of those Crouch efforts had gone in we would have waltzed it and we could have settled for a point at any time but 3 points was the order of the day and when Lennon limped off we were always going to be open to the counter and Whelan certainly didn't mess about when the Stoke chance fell. Bit surprised when Pav came on for Keane as Kranjaer was long out of ideas and we have to be the only club in the land that substitutes it's Captain every week, strange eh.

Not a bad game though eh despite the defeat. If just one of those Crouch efforts had gone in we would have waltzed it and we could have settled for a point at any time but 3 points was the order of the day and when Lennon limped off we were always going to be open to the counter and Whelan certainly didn't mess about when the Stoke chance fell. Bit surprised when Pav came on for Keane as Kranjaer was long out of ideas and we have to be the only club in the land that substitutes it's Captain every week, strange eh.

Doesn't seem strange to me, if he's not doing the business on the pitch then he get's substituted even if he is captain, quite simple really.

I can't actually recall him doing anything decent all game, if he played as much as he complained he would be doing ok.