Tottenham Thread

chonabot

When are you moving into this new stadium?

Expected opening late 2013/early 2014 so probably early 2015biggrin.png

and tbh if levy had been f around trying to save, admittedly it was a significant sum, and move s out of the borough 1zgarz5.gif it would and should have been a darn sight sooner

So Paulinho will need a season to bed in but Fernandinho won't clap2.gif

so when paulihno's on his second season and 26 ish reaching his prime in every football way, fermandinho wil be ??? oh yeah 30 clap2.gif and city will probably be what,???? oh yeah 30 mil down,,,,,,,,,, AGAIN clap2.gif

But if he helps us win a trophy, how is that 30 million down?

But if you guys dont get into the top 4 this year, then its an opportunity missed as well as a waste of 17 millionlaugh.png

irrespective of trophies , he'll be 30year old Brazilian whose been away from home for ten years,getting homesick maybe, whats his transfer worth gonna be 5 mil? if he's a major major hit 10 total max, but 7 brazilian caps and not in the current squad,,,,,,suggests what? hmm

meanwhile tourre milner? are unhappy cos they cant get a game, but hold on no one will buy them, why? cos they earn to muchcheesy.gif now theres a surpriseclap2.gif

meanwhile, we move into our new privately owned stadium, our settled 24 year old matures and who knows what his value gonna be , but at 26, the probability is he'll be worth a chunk more 5 /10 mil? but tthats football business huh? just a quick question? barring adam johnson who u might have come 2 maybe 3 mil up, clap2.gif who was the last player you actually sold and made a profit on ? cheesy.gif

Jerome Boateng.

yeah forgot him,

, so is that 2 since the oil boys started using u instead of subbuteo?

No.

There has been a few.

Corluka to your lot was at a profit.

Richard Dunne was sold at a profit, as was Javier Garrido. I am sure there are others but you can look them up.

We also have an FA Cup and a Premier League tile, ie we won things. Something which, right now, Spurs can only dream ofwhistling.gif

Run a football club the way you run a shop, what can you expect?

You've probably forget but a t a wild guess a profit and maybe a sustainable business?:D

Better start investing in the shop floor then, like what carmine said.

What would be nice to know is whats happening in the left back department. Is Rose being recalled? If AVB doesn't rate him then make S'Land buy him because they do rate him. Whats happening with Assou-Ekkoto? Is he going or not. Work on him, play him or let him go.

What we don't want is Vertonghen being pulled left as cover throughout the season and spoiling the potentially excellent center back pairing he'll have with Kaboul.

Add Naughton into the equation. He's right footed and is never going to be a suitable left side stand in. Bale can play there we know but who on earth wants to take away such an attacking weapon?

I can't understand why this area hasn't been dealt with. A savvy opposition manager will focus on this every time if we don't sort it out and with Bale playing as advanced as possible when he's left midfield then we need a fast competent player at left back because he could get very exposed

• Like 2

Well you have to admire Wenger. He's got a 20-year old French World Cup Winner on a free.

biggrin.png

No we don't have to admire him. Wrong thread mate, off topic and of no interest. Any references to that nonce Wenger should be made on the Goon thread. Thanksbiggrin.png

• Like 1

sooner the season starts the better I reckon. we are all going to be nervous wrecks.

Dare I mention united on this thread.?

Richard Conway

BBC Sport in Thailand

David Moyes was philosophical after this defeat. There's no doubt he would have wanted to get off to a winning start but he was severely hampered in his team selection, with Robin van Persie, Nani, David de Gea, Javier Hernandez, Nemanja Vidic and Wayne Rooney all unavailable.

In their absence, 18-year-old Adnan Januzaj shone in midfield for United while Wilfried Zaha was unlucky not to score an equaliser on his debut, his shot hitting the post.

Perhaps there's some solace for Moyes in the fact that his predecessor, Sir Alex Ferguson, also lost his first game in charge of the club.

A 2-0 loss at Oxford United back in November 1986 was no portent of the trophies that would follow. Moyes will hope that such symmetry with Ferguson continues.

sooner the season starts the better I reckon. we are all going to be nervous wrecks.

Richard Conway

BBC Sport in Thailand

David Moyes was philosophical after this defeat. There's no doubt he would have wanted to get off to a winning start but he was severely hampered in his team selection, with Robin van Persie, Nani, David de Gea, Javier Hernandez, Nemanja Vidic and Wayne Rooney all unavailable.

In their absence, 18-year-old Adnan Januzaj shone in midfield for United while Wilfried Zaha was unlucky not to score an equaliser on his debut, his shot hitting the post.

Perhaps there's some solace for Moyes in the fact that his predecessor, Sir Alex Ferguson, also lost his first game in charge of the club.

A 2-0 loss at Oxford United back in November 1986 was no portent of the trophies that would follow. Moyes will hope that such symmetry with Ferguson continues.

Completely illrevelent to the Spurs Thread so why put it here SP ? perhaps a Mod could move it the Utd in Decline thread whistling.gif

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

What would be nice to know is whats happening in the left back department. Is Rose being recalled? If AVB doesn't rate him then make S'Land buy him because they do rate him. Whats happening with Assou-Ekkoto? Is he going or not. Work on him, play him or let him go.

What we don't want is Vertonghen being pulled left as cover throughout the season and spoiling the potentially excellent center back pairing he'll have with Kaboul.

Add Naughton into the equation. He's right footed and is never going to be a suitable left side stand in. Bale can play there we know but who on earth wants to take away such an attacking weapon?

I can't understand why this area hasn't been dealt with. A savvy opposition manager will focus on this every time if we don't sort it out and with Bale playing as advanced as possible when he's left midfield then we need a fast competent player at left back because he could get very exposed

I saw a report yesterday that Chelsea are after Kyle Walker.

I know newspapers are full of it, but that would be worrying to me if I were a Spurs fan and there was any truth in it.

It seems a non- starter to me.

I saw a report yesterday that Chelsea are after Kyle Walker.

I know newspapers are full of it, but that would be worrying to me if I were a Spurs fan and there was any truth in it.

It seems a non- starter to me.

I can't see Chelsea really needing him. There were reports also throughout last season that Real Madrid were interested.

Walker is far from the finished article. Very very quick going forward and crosses the ball better than Lennon but he's still found wanting in defense. Every time the ball is crossed from the right deep, our far post is exposed because he's invariably out of position. We were caught three or four times last season in the exact same fashion. Yes he has great potential but he really needs to work on the defensive side of his game

Richard Conway

BBC Sport in Thailand

Completely illrevelent to the Spurs Thread so why put it here SP ? perhaps a Mod could move it the Utd in Decline thread whistling.gif

Funny how you cnuts are always posting shit everywhere else, but a little bit of poo on your thread and you squeal like schoolgirls.

rolleyes.gif

Anyway, it's an interesting point and you have to ask if Moyes will get as long as Ferguson did.

You could ask the same about AVB. How long will the fans give him?

After all, the totts real ambition is to finish above Arsenal for the first time 18 years, innit.

thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Richard Conway

BBC Sport in Thailand

Completely illrevelent to the Spurs Thread so why put it here SP ? perhaps a Mod could move it the Utd in Decline thread :whistling:

If Spurs goal is top 4 I think it is relevant. But point taken for it being too general or too specific.

Richard Conway

BBC Sport in Thailand

Completely illrevelent to the Spurs Thread so why put it here SP ? perhaps a Mod could move it the Utd in Decline thread :whistling:

Funny how you cnuts are always posting shit everywhere else, but a little bit of poo on your thread and you squeal like schoolgirls.

:rolleyes:

Anyway, it's an interesting point and you have to ask if Moyes will get as long as Ferguson did.

After all, the totts real ambition is to finish above Arsenal for the first time 18 years, innit.

:thumbsup:

Tough job being a football manager. Silly money....but.

Reckon Obama has got an easier job.

Richard Conway

BBC Sport in Thailand

rolleyes.gif

thumbsup.gif

No toys being thrown out were just not remotely interested in that french ponce you call your managerlaugh.png

• Like 1

Au Contraire.

Jogo Bonito.

Chicog is sweating over the gooner forums eighteen hours a day looking for a glimmer of hope.

I say he should be allowed the odd tantrum. biggrin.png

"Odd"??!!tongue.png

Edited by jellydog
  • Like 2

Au Contraire.

Jogo Bonito.

Chicog is sweating over the gooner forums eighteen hours a day looking for a glimmer of hope.

I say he should be allowed the odd tantrum. biggrin.png

"Odd"??!!tongue.png

chicoq's alright mate but citing the virtues of a nonce in a sleeping bag, wearing plimsoles, classless, "i didn't see the incident" and i don't shake hands when i lose", arrogant <deleted> is never going to go down well on a Tottenham forum as very well he knows.

Try better next timeclap2.gif

• Like 1

Just picked this up from evidently the Dutch press.

Nacer Chadli according to Voetbal International, is ready to sign for Spurs. Spurs need to find an additional €2m.

Chadli’s contract with FC Twente expires in 2014, and they would like €9m, not the €7m allegedly offered.

Who is Chadli? Well, he’s a right footed 23 year old attacking winger who’s scored 21 times in 2 seasons for the Dutch side.

The source is a little dubious

http://theboyhotspur.com/?p=2681

Lot of talk about Erikson as well. Either would be welcome but an out and out striker should come first.

Maybe AVB will make Gareth that striker?

I'd be surprised by that....we would lose his menacing runs from deep and the long range shots.

Better a player who is an absolute handful for defenders to create room for Bale.