Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Wow,probably as tough a draw as the comp could have thrown up , for ease of progression early doors in the comp, could, maybe, have hoped for someone maybe little less significant?.still team wise be interesting to see how vb handles it.

edit, seems weird/harsh us getting 2 where we did last year and still having to qualify?

Come on rij...they are ranked around 230 in the euro club rankings,Shamrock Rovers are rated higher,they have never been significant at all.

Easy draw.

yeah you might well be right red, but not terrible record

Honors[edit source | editbeta]

Europe Competitions

Domestic Competitions

• Georgian Umaglesi Liga (level 1)
  • 16px-Gold_medal_icon.svg.png (14) 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2008, 2013 (Record)
  • 16px-Silver_medal_icon.svg.png (6) 2004, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011 (Record)
  • 16px-Bronze_medal_icon.svg.png (3) 2000, 2001, 2002
  • Georgian Cup
  • Cup_Winner.png (10) 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2004, 2009, 2013 (Record)
  • Cup_Finalist.png (2) 1998, 2010
  • Georgian Super Cup
  • Cup_Winner.png (5) 1996, 1997, 1999, 2005, 2008 (Record)
  • Cup_Finalist.png (2) 1998, 2009

İnternational Competitions

Soviet Time Competitions

• Soviet Top League (level 1)
  • 16px-Gold_medal_icon.svg.png (2) 1964, 1978
  • 16px-Silver_medal_icon.svg.png (5) 1939, 1940, 1951, 1953, 1977
  • 16px-Bronze_medal_icon.svg.png (13) 1936(autum), 1946, 1947, 1950, 1959, 1962, 1967, 1969, 1971, 1972, 1976(spring), 1976(autum), 1981 (Record)
  • Soviet First League (level 2)
  • 16px-Gold_medal_icon.svg.png (1) 1936
  • Soviet Cup
  • Cup_Winner.png (2) 1976, 1979
  • Cup_Finalist.png (6) 1936, 1937, 1946, 1960, 1970, 1980

I heard somewhere, might just be rumour, that Joe Lewis pledged 50m as a 10 year interest free loan for the spurs window. Is there any truth in that? Transfers in, less Caulker out, is @50m (reported). Given Bale is staying I am guessing more business could be done if we sell the (apparent) surplus - Holtby, Scotty, Thud, Livermore, Adebayor? Or might AVB hold on to them as seasoned players for the Europa campaign? Perhaps Holtby and Livermore are not surplus and are destined as regulars for the bench? Could Adebayor surprise us all and have his best season yet with new blood around him?

The comforting thing is it looks as if we don't actually need to sell anyone, other than to balance the books on the wages front of course; it would be good to have some visibility of that somewhere?

Oh and there is a chance, maybe RM might cough up the 20m they owe for Modric at some point.

Edited by iancnx

I heard somewhere, might just be rumour, that Joe Lewis pledged 50m as a 10 year interest free loan for the spurs window. Is there any truth in that? Transfers in, less Caulker out, is @50m (reported). Given Bale is staying I am guessing more business could be done if we sell the (apparent) surplus - Holtby, Scotty, Thud, Livermore, Adebayor? Or might AVB hold on to them as seasoned players for the Europa campaign? Perhaps Holtby and Livermore are not surplus and are destined as regulars for the bench? Could Adebayor surprise us all and have his best season yet with new blood around him?

The comforting thing is it looks as if we don't actually need to sell anyone, other than to balance the books on the wages front of course; it would be good to have some visibility of that somewhere?

Oh and there is a chance, maybe RM might cough up the 20m they owe for Modric at some point.

thats a very strong rumor. Take it as a given there was no intention of selling Bale until world record fees were being thrown about it all adds up.

Theres almost certainly more in and three or four out.

You might be amused to know theres an absolute clown of a journo called Barney Ronay thats just penned an awful piece about Bale and says his transfer this window is inevitable. what a <deleted>. Can't understand how he is employed by the Guardian. There other journalists are very good

thats a very strong rumor. Take it as a given there was no intention of selling Bale until world record fees were being thrown about it all adds up.

Theres almost certainly more in and three or four out.

You might be amused to know theres an absolute clown of a journo called Barney Ronay thats just penned an awful piece about Bale and says his transfer this window is inevitable. what a <deleted>. Can't understand how he is employed by the Guardian. There other journalists are very good

Barney Ronay sounds like a cheap bottle of plonk.

Pure rumour so just ignore if you don't want to read!

I am told Sandro will play this afternoon, evidently he posted as much on Instagram?

And first I heard of it... apparently Bale went for a scan on Tuesday? Any truth in that?

Yeah he went for a scan for his transfer to Madrid tongue.png

Apparently Madrid have discovered you can only bring £10k into the UK at a time.....so the Modric transfer will take another 153 years to complete.

Funny how things work out innit? biggrin.png

• Like 1

starting lineup

Lloris; Walker, Dawson, Fryers, Rose; Dembele, Chadli, Paulinho; Lennon, Soldado, Sigurdsson

bench Friedel, Kaboul, Naughton, Stewart, Huddlestone, Sandro, Townsend, Defoe

Where is Adebayor?

prolly smoking a hookah,counting his wages & laffin'his t1ts off.

BAE was missing too, so that explains it.

Ching & Chong all over again biggrin.png

Edited by sotsira
  • Like 1

starting lineup

Lloris; Walker, Dawson, Fryers, Rose; Dembele, Chadli, Paulinho; Lennon, Soldado, Sigurdsson

bench Friedel, Kaboul, Naughton, Stewart, Huddlestone, Sandro, Townsend, Defoe

Where is Adebayor?

His brother died. Compassionate leave.

It appears we still don't know how to defend the set piece. Its an accident waiting to happen. Fryers is a left back not a central defender so lets hope Vertonghen is back for our second league game.

I know AVB is an advocate of zonal marking but the defense doesn't seem at all comfortable with it.

Very encouraging to see Kaboul and the beast back. Were a different team with those two.

It appears we still don't know how to defend the set piece. Its an accident waiting to happen. Fryers is a left back not a central defender so lets hope Vertonghen is back for our second league game.

I know AVB is an advocate of zonal marking but the defense doesn't seem at all comfortable with it.

Very encouraging to see Kaboul and the beast back. Were a different team with those two.

Yes carms, them two played a bigger part in the game than i expected, but like you say our defending from crosses is abysmal, all these good new players too improve the team but the same old defending sad.png

Just finished watching the match. Lots of positives, probably the most important for me was to see Sandro and Kaboul play in the second half and seemingly they came through unscathed. Excellent news. Paulinho was robbed by the linesman early on when he scored an excellent goal; the Esp last man was clearly in line as the ball was first played. Great to see Soldado confidently slotting from the spot after another piece of excellent work from Rose. I thought Rose and Walker were notable; they are going to be a handful in weeks to come me thinks.

I watched young Fryers with interest and he did little wrong, but clearly not a centre back - not quite sure about his (verbal) part in the goal. The commentary pointed to zonal marking weaknesses, and it looked like Soldado and Siggy were in the 'zone' and were caught napping. All I can conclude is if Younis/Jan had been playing at that point the particular zone in question might have been better 'verbally' organised. Not sure about zonal marking at all really and will be interested to hear more expert opinions. If it doesn't work though, we need return to man to man me thinks. That was a helluva strike from Townsend at the end, what a cracker. More of that please.

Just finished watching the match. Lots of positives, probably the most important for me was to see Sandro and Kaboul play in the second half and seemingly they came through unscathed. Excellent news. Paulinho was robbed by the linesman early on when he scored an excellent goal; the Esp last man was clearly in line as the ball was first played. Great to see Soldado confidently slotting from the spot after another piece of excellent work from Rose. I thought Rose and Walker were notable; they are going to be a handful in weeks to come me thinks.

I watched young Fryers with interest and he did little wrong, but clearly not a centre back - not quite sure about his (verbal) part in the goal. The commentary pointed to zonal marking weaknesses, and it looked like Soldado and Siggy were in the 'zone' and were caught napping. All I can conclude is if Younis/Jan had been playing at that point the particular zone in question might have been better 'verbally' organised. Not sure about zonal marking at all really and will be interested to hear more expert opinions. If it doesn't work though, we need return to man to man me thinks. That was a helluva strike from Townsend at the end, what a cracker. More of that please.

i think our set piece defending in the pre seasons i've seen has been woeful. The worst thing is you can see it coming. Why are professional defenders constantly caught ball watching at set pieces. Walkers covering of his far post is largely diabolical too. Why hasn't this been addressed? If we are so poor at defending set pieces then our zonal defending isn't working for us. is AVB right to continue a zonal defending or is he being stubborn. Are our players good man markers, because if they are not they will never make for good zonal defending.

The rest was all positive but i can take little joy from this pre season with a defense performing as poorly as ours. Its not capable of keeping a clean sheet at premier league level.

Soldado is top drawer. Paulinho every bit as good as i hoped and Chadli is a fine prospect. At this stage i'd also pick Townsend to start. He's earnt a starting spot in my book.

Sort the defense out or we will be having to score three times every game for the three points! The sooner Vertonghens back and Kaboul and Sandro all fully match fit the better.

If he wants to adopt a 4-3-3 then he'll need Vertonghen and Kaboul back because what we currently have available in the center is lacking in the speed and mobility to play the requires high line. Last night was a 4-2-3-1.

Sorry to sound negative because i'm not but, how long are we going to be seeing the same defensive lapses before we pull our finger and get it sorted!

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

^Are you guys FA/UEFA accreditted coachesPosted Image

No accreditation necessary to read a game of football, other than years of experience, some passion, and the ability to see the wood for the trees. Now Mary, having monitored your performance I might say you are full of dead wood.

• Like 1

^Are you guys FA/UEFA accreditted coacheswhistling.gif

No accreditation necessary to read a game of football, other than years of experience, some passion, and the ability to see the wood for the trees. Now Mary, having monitored your performance I might say you are full of dead wood.

Good one .So from slouching on your couch & watching Motd ,munching on haribos you have become a master at the game?

Haha you lot make me laugh ,soft southern shandy supping ,loud mouth know it all t0ssers .

• Like 1

^Are you guys FA/UEFA accreditted coacheswhistling.gif

Good one .So from slouching on your couch & watching Motd ,munching on haribos you have become a master at the game?

Haha you lot make me laugh ,soft southern shandy supping ,loud mouth know it all t0ssers .

Away and trim yer moustache!

• Like 1

^Are you guys FA/UEFA accreditted coachesPosted Image

Away and trim yer moustache!

Forgive me guys..... But....

Mary Mary quite contrary.....