Tottenham Thread

chonabot

wow what a great attacking team you are in open play considering the money you've doshed out.

what's that, two pens in 2 games now ?

i love the squeaky desperation in your voice mate. w00t.gif

Not as bad as mrboj.....he has had an attack of the runs I hear.....laugh.png

Edit: That is down the wing to <deleted> a couple of the players.....tongue.png

Edited by smokie36

wow what a great attacking team you are in open play considering the money you've doshed out.

what's that, two pens in 2 games now ?

i love the squeaky desperation in your voice mate. w00t.gif

Not as bad as mrboj.....he has had an attack of the runs I hear...

Hahahaha...... What a wonderful morning

I think we have a new right wing! You could quite possibly add Lennon to the list of outgoings because Townsend has to start. Looks like being one of the stars this season.

Paulinho and Capoeu already look top quality and nice to see Sandro get a run out.

Wasn't a penalty but it did make amends for the clear penalty we were not awarded.

Not much more to say. Just did the job.

Vlad deal reportedly done so thats center back covered. Lamela was also pulled from the Roma squad this weekend so that looks like getting finalised, hopefully without any blips.

being dead serious now boys.

i watched the game yesterday and one thing that really stood out was how easily you let Swansea dictate, play the ball through the middle and out wide in the 2nd to final 3rd of the pitch.

i think you've got real issues there and would be a little suspect in AVB not being able to see that and pick up on the situation.

do you not think ?

believe me against top opposition you will get get carved apart and it may cost you dearly and leave you wanting at the back end of the season.

more importantly if you have aspirations of playing CL football teams will pick up on it and it will be your achillies heal.

i watched the game yesterday and one thing that really stood out was how easily you let Swansea dictate, play the ball through the middle and out wide in the 2nd to final 3rd of the pitch.

i think you've got real issues there and would be a little suspect in AVB not being able to see that and pick up on the situation.

do you not think ?

believe me against top opposition you will get get carved apart and it may cost you dearly and leave you wanting at the back end of the season.

more importantly if you have aspirations of playing CL football teams will pick up on it and it will be your achillies heal.

biggrin.png interesting!

do you not think ?

Solutions tige !

I think we have a new right wing! You could quite possibly add Lennon to the list of outgoings because Townsend has to start. Looks like being one of the stars this season.

Paulinho and Capoeu already look top quality and nice to see Sandro get a run out.

Wasn't a penalty but it did make amends for the clear penalty we were not awarded.

Not much more to say. Just did the job.

Vlad deal reportedly done so thats center back covered. Lamela was also pulled from the Roma squad this weekend so that looks like getting finalised, hopefully without any blips.

Have to agree on Townsend....he had a blinder!

Paulinho really is good....and the two of them, with Capoue can only get better.....happy days....three points well deserved.

• Like 1

Didnt see the game, but I hear Paulinho likes a shot on goal. Were they off target or saved/deflected/etc?

I've watched him a few times now. He looks an absolute steal at 17m. Reckon he's going to be good for a few goals too. Its always been very a part of his game and he had a very good goal scoring ration during his time with Corinthians

Didnt see the game, but I hear Paulinho likes a shot on goal. Were they off target or saved/deflected/etc?

I've watched him a few times now. He looks an absolute steal at 17m. Reckon he's going to be good for a few goals too. Its always been very a part of his game and he had a very good goal scoring ration during his time with Corinthians

A more mobile Lampard who can also tackle biggrin.png

And you can forget joking about the Library, it was like a morgue at your place yesterday, all you could hear was the biting of nails and the occasional cheer when they managed to win the ball back.

Methinks there is an onerous weight of expectation this year. We'll find out next week if its justified.

biggrin.png

P.S. It wasn't a penalty, but the earlier one certainly was. What is with these officials?!

I can see why the mickey mousers got rid of Jonjo though.

Edited by Chicog

And you can forget joking about the Library, it was like a morgue at your place yesterday, all you could hear was the biting of nails and the occasional cheer when they managed to win the ball back.

Methinks there is an onerous weight of expectation this year. We'll find out next week if its justified.

biggrin.png

P.S. It wasn't a penalty, but the earlier one certainly was. What is with these officials?!

I think you are under a lot of pressure next sunday. More tantrums and tiara's from Wenger

btw, is Cabaye to be you're maquee signing this seasonsmile.png

biggrin.png

I think you are under a lot of pressure next sunday. More tantrums and tiara's from Wenger

btw, is Cabaye to be you're maquee signing this seasonsmile.png

I dunno, I told you I'm going to start looking at the Newsnow page at about ten to midnight at the end of the window to see if we've got Yosser back on loan.

Apparently 4 more in before the window closes and all quality whistling.gif

Sending off Bale to Madrid for the big money was the best thing that could have happened to Spurs. Remember how y'all were beating your heads against the wall just 4-5 weeks ago ? Madrid's idiocy has been your windfall. Kudos to Levy and AVB for handling the situation well. If you land Lamela then you will really have an attack to be reckoned with.

On the other hand, I hope Bale bombs at Madrid. It would serve them right, and as I've stated before, I don't think he is a lily white innocent in this saga. Money hungry and star struck. Not to say that makes him all that much different than many footballers. But not a babe in the woods.thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Hmmm, sounds like we didn't have any players

in the 2nd to final 3rd of the pitch.

(wherever that is facepalm.gif) now that is a problem wink.png

keep going Alfie, but don't say you haven't been warned if it comes back to bite you in the Arse ! wink.png

Edited by tigerfish

keep going Alfie, but don't say you haven't been warned if it comes back to bite you in the Arse ! wink.png

If it was an issue, didnt get them anyything did it. looking forward to the weekend baring you with villa,smile.png it will be the first time either team will have been seriously tested, what ever the result i ust hope its a more entertining game that the man u v the chavs.

Being a Canadian, I know what it's like to ave no heritage

You can have a love in with cdnvic, just make sure you don't have a sense of humour though- otherwise you'll probably get banned. laugh.png

• Like 1

Lamela reportedly due in London tomorrow for a medical.

With all this talent coming in, and Spurs prospects looking up, I fear that Rijit and Ian will be besides themselves with adolescent fervor and extreme religious like zealotry.

The Horror.facepalm.gif

• Like 1

With all this talent coming in, and Spurs prospects looking up, I fear that Rijit and Ian will be besides themselves with adolescent fervor and extreme religious like zealotry.

The Horror.facepalm.gif

So, we can expect a goal in open play from Spurs in the near future? wink.png

• Like 1

The Horror.Posted Image

So, we can expect a goal in open play from Spurs in the near future? Posted Image

To be honest it is gonna be quite tough to beat Arsenal by more than five goals, but we'll give it our best pen, header, volley, free kick and even humbly accept an own goal, anything will do on our way to the top of the table!

A more mobile Lampard who can also tackle biggrin.png

I'm sorry, but I have no wayto replicate the noise that just came out of my nose.

• Like 1