Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Quoting figures spewed out by the Daily HateMail. facepalm.gif So we've just given Madrid a miraculous 8m cash +the player discount to allow them to appease the "sad" Ronaldo and confirm him as still their most valuable player, when we don't even need to sell the guy!

What a load of cobblers

You sold him a long time ago why do you think Levy went out and has spent 110 million? you really need to sell him now and Madrid now it.

Again lets see what the price is shall we,the Guardian actually wink.png

Mr Red, just for the record, if any one needs to eat humble pie in here it is yours truly. I was the one who said Bale would never leave this Summer..... I am gob smacked and at 2359 hrs European time tonight I will be ready with hat!

Mr Red, just for the record, if any one needs to eat humble pie in here it is yours truly. I was the one who said Bale would never leave this Summer..... I am gob smacked and at 2359 hrs European time tonight I will be ready with hat!

Fair play Ian but the fact is you all said he would not leave.

Time will tell if the players you bought to strengthen the team(squad)will be good business or not.

Bale is a massive loss and in the two games already played you can't say he is not missed,like i said before i still have my reservations about AVB and if he can manage Spurs into winners.

Arsenal will still finish above you.

Time will tell if the players you bought to strengthen the team(squad)will be good business or not.

Bale is a massive loss and in the two games already played you can't say he is not missed,like i said before i still have my reservations about AVB and if he can manage Spurs into winners.

Agree Red, apart from the last bit. I'm beginning to think that Wenger has nothing up his sleeve, in which event Arsenal will implode before Christmas. It might even happen this weekend, but Wenger usually proves me wrong in the short/medium term.

Dull looking fixture list today isn't it.

Edited by SantiSuk

My response to the last gooner remark

post-63176-13779248998106_thumb.jpg

Tomorrow..... Can't wait!

You don't realise how difficult it is until you sit down and look at what's available. Following starting 11 assumes Lamela is available and ready. Other newcomers I guess on the bench.

Lloris

Walker.. Kaboul.. Vertonghen.. Rose

Paulinho.. Lamela.. Copoue..

Townsend.. Soldado.. Chadli

Talk about spoilt for choice......

My prediction Arsenal 0 - 4 Spurs

The smell of bitterness gets stronger as the most arrogant fans in the country finally start to realize that the future really ain't that bright at all. The Ferguson aura seeps away daily. Even Brendon Rodgers is agreeing with me now

• Like 1

Even better, happy days !

I was going to say that you can have him for 90m Red but apparently he don't won't to go to you whistling.gif

78 Million Madrid are welcome to him biggrin.png

You just posted that RM can't afford him facepalm.gif

Sarcasm Alfred....... apparently Carmine said the banks had a hold on Madrid because of the recession!

Oh really i thought you was being serious biggrin.png

Tomorrow..... Can't wait!

You don't realise how difficult it is until you sit down and look at what's available. Following starting 11 assumes Lamela is available and ready. Other newcomers I guess on the bench.

Lloris

Walker.. Kaboul.. Vertonghen.. Rose

Paulinho.. Lamela.. Copoue..

Townsend.. Soldado.. Chadli

Talk about spoilt for choice......

My prediction Arsenal 0 - 4 Spurs

OK enough of the fantasy football, what do you really think the score will be?

If Spurs get a point out of this, they will have done well, IMO.

If they win 4-0 the whole of the EPL will be shaking.

Edited by uptheos

What has happened to Holtby?

Brenda Rodgers likes him. cheesy.giferik-lamela.jpg

How much did you pay for Coco the Camel?? do you think he has aspirations of copying Gareth!!

Edited by MrRed

What has happened to Holtby?

Brenda Rodgers likes him. cheesy.gif

Well, he was man of the match on thursday, also scored, and will be probably be loaned out soon for experience and game time because our midfield is so very very strong already Mr Ed

Ian, you would really play Lamela behind the front 3? Surely up front with Soldado?

I doubt Lamela will start but who knows. If he does he'll be wide in a forward three.

As always, Carm's is quite right, fat fingers here on the keyboard. I of course meant Eriksen attacking midfield just behind Soldado. The play maker we have been missing. Not sure if any of the newbies will be ready though, in which case I wonder if he might try Carrol?

Ian, you would really play Lamela behind the front 3? Surely up front with Soldado?

You are right, fat fingers here meant Eriksen, in my defence they are both Erik ! .... Easy to get confused when they have not yet had a run out! Lol

Would imagine it will be the same team as last week, perhaps Dembeles position under threat the most from Holtby for tomorrow !

Footnote : how about Capou and Sandro playing in 4-2-3-1 with no Dembele !

Edited by alfieconn

I agree....Lamela and Eriksen are likely to make the bench if that.

I predict a tight match....until those two come on with 20 mins left.

Gone for 3-1 biggrin.png

I think we'll go 4231 It will be very tight. If we get our game plan right and press them high up, close them down, i reckon we can win but i'm not even going to consider anything other than a tight game.

Don't know what anyone else thinks but baring in mind Dawson will only be a sub this season i think we should make Vertonghen captain. He also speaks french along with six others in our team.

Would imagine it will be the same team as last week, perhaps Dembeles position under threat the most from Holtby for tomorrow !

Footnote : how about Capou and Sandro playing in 4-2-3-1 with no Dembele !I

Yes quite possible. I was thinking earlier that if we were winning he should perhaps revert to those two and really close it down. Not much getting past those two!!

I agree....Lamela and Eriksen are likely to make the bench if that.

I predict a tight match....until those two come on with 20 mins left.

Gone for 3-1 Posted Image

I think we'll go 4231   It will be very tight.  If we get our game plan right and press them high up, close them down,  i reckon we can win but i'm not even going to consider anything other than a tight game.

Don't know what anyone else thinks but baring in mind Dawson will only be a sub this season i think we should make Vertonghen captain.  He also speaks french along with six others in our team.

Reason I'm going for late goals for us is the better quality on our bench coupled with them having to have a go at us...particularly at home.

We should bury them last 20 mins.

This is the game of the weekend for me. Liverpool United might be the bigger game, but this one will lay down a marker for the CL place.

Difficult to predict. Spurs have improved the squad, but still haven't clicked yet. Arsenal are historically stronger, but have issues. I think I would go with either a nil nil or a high scoring game like 4-3. Depends on the want to win desire vs the don't want to lose desire.

• Like 1

When are tottenham going get a new stadium, the one they have woefully small to pay for all these blokes they brought in to play instead of Gareth Beal? There is more to this football financials that meats the eye!

When are tottenham going get a new stadium, the one they have woefully small to pay for all these blokes they brought in to play instead of Gareth Beal? There is more to this football financials that meats the eye!

The new stadium is very soon to be underway.

The new stadium is very soon to be underway.

And number 1 son reckons he will get a season ticket on completion.... Fingers crossed for that.

• Like 1

I reckon lamela will start, as for the others as others have said the bench beckons, wouldnt be surprised to see kaboul and verity start .Although 2 games in 5? days might be a little much to soon after such a long lay off ,,,, but thought he looked sharp the other night

And the lemon over townsend. u all know i'm a fan, but over lennon ,, hmmm tuf one, i'm 4 lennon 2 start then townsend to finish thembiggrin.png