Tottenham Thread

chonabot

"Has Ozil seen the video?"

£40m odd for a player who has been warming the bench all of last season?

I guess Mourinho didn't think much of him.....ponder that over your cornflakes SinglePot.....rolleyes.gif

"Özil is acclaimed for his finesse and improvisation as an attacking midfielder. His style and knack for providing assists for his team-mates has been compared by former manager José Mourinho to that of Real Madrid legend Zinedine Zidane"

Perez mate, Perez.

RM got Modric.

If Ozil does not do a good job for Arsenal, call me a Dutchman.

BTW. Ronaldo and a few others at RM are not at all happy they let Ozil go.

I think that has to be because of the silly amount of assists he got:

10/11 season "He finished the season with 25 assists, the highest for any player in any major European competition that season."

11/12 season "He finished atop the La Liga assists chart,with 17 assists."

12/13 season "At the end of the season Ozil had more assists then any other player in the league, with 26 assists."

68 assists in 105 appearances!

• Like 1

All this talk of goalkeepers and times gone by! Makes me think of the crazy guy Grobbelaar.

Lloris? Some would say the best gk in the EPL.

French national team captain.

I wouldn't argue.

Some might? 5555

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/hugo-lloris-drops-clanger-france-2265894

When Giroud beat him at his near post, I thought, "He's slow, Lloris".

biggrin.png

All this talk of goalkeepers and times gone by! Makes me think of the crazy guy Grobbelaar.

I wouldn't argue.

Some might? 5555

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/hugo-lloris-drops-clanger-france-2265894

biggrin.png

What you should have been thinking is "Dawson's slow" He should have beaten Giroud to that cross.

I wouldn't argue.

Some might? 5555

biggrin.png

What you should have been thinking is "Dawson's slow" He should have beaten Giroud to that cross.

I think you mean "He shouldn't have let Giroud pull him all over the place".

thumbsup.gif

Girouds a quality player. Dawson, whilst all heart and 100% effort does not have the mobility to be a top quality center back.

Obviously you hope that in the big games you would be able to field a first choice but thats life. You won't get a much better pairing than Kaboul and Vertonghen but its been a year in waiting and still not quite there!!

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

Yep. And I'm looking forward to seeing Giroud and Ozil playing together too.

Just hoping the Chav's defence can contain them.

If if Giroud gets injured they don't really have a quality replacement. So, lets hope he does!

Lets face it, Ozil was a bit of a coup. He's a very fine player but didn't Wenger need a center back and a striker as a preference?

If if Giroud gets injured they don't really have a quality replacement. So, lets hope he does!

Lets face it, Ozil was a bit of a coup. He's a very fine player but didn't Wenger need a center back and a striker as a preference?

Yes carmine. I believe there are people who think you are correct.

Maybe January window Wenger ( and Moyes ) will be doing some ....er.. tweaking?

Yes thats a fair bet. Arsenal will ride there luck on the fitness of certain players and Utd are just a couple of players short, plain and simple. Although i hasten to remind myself of their confidence in winning the league again without buying any players!

Very good try Carminesmile.png

I would consider Zaha and Felliani as additions wouldn't you? i would even go as far as saying Kagawa and Rooney and Nani have got a lot to prove over the coming weeks.

United have something that you are all trying to copy.

Yes thats a fair bet. Arsenal will ride there luck on the fitness of certain players and Utd are just a couple of players short, plain and simple. Although i hasten to remind myself of their confidence in winning the league again without buying any players!

I believe there are people carmine who think united are short of a manager too.

• Like 1

I would consider Zaha and Felliani as additions wouldn't you? i would even go as far as saying Kagawa and Rooney and Nani have got a lot to prove over the coming weeks.

Why on earth did Nani get a new contract?

Fellaini's a very good player but considering who you were supposedly after it reminds me of the person that found a fiver but lost a tenner.

Zaha looks like a very good player in the making, but you bought him quite a while ago didn't you?

• Like 1

I think retaining Nani was part of the stability ethic.

Why change a fiver for a tenner?

Its easy to boast a stability ethic though isn't it when you have a manager who's either winning or there or there abouts.

I'll be most interested to see this stability ethic if they finish outside the top five come next may.

My own very humble opinion is United would be little different to any other club with their management appointments if they were not regularly in the CL and winning silverware. Ferguson's aura probably still remains so this is a honeymoon period for Moyes. The aura will have faded by christmas i'd have thought and then business begins. It should be interesting and we will see what he's made of and he might prove me and many others wrong you never know. Otherwise they'll fire him just like anyone else.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

Why on earth did Nani get a new contract?

Fellaini's a very good player but considering who you were supposedly after it reminds me of the person that found a fiver but lost a tenner.

Zaha looks like a very good player in the making, but you bought him quite a while ago didn't you?

I don't know but obviously Moyes thinks he has something,i think he is to inconsistent but with Giggs starting to take a back seat maybe it is better to keep him

Fellaini is going to be a nuisance to the opposition and we all know United have really not had this kind of aerial threat before with Fells,RVP and Rooney we will need our wingers and full backs to continue to get the balls in the box,i am intrigued as to how he will line up against Palace.

Zaha has just joined the club at the start of the season,and to be fair is a very good young player already.biggrin.png

So all is good!! coffee1.gif

It's going to be a very interesting season. Especially with the World Cup coming up.

New stars, many in the EPL.

Stability ethic to my mind is flawed.

Yes but more than anything its complete and utter b*llocks because there is no "ethic" as such because stability is totally driven by a clubs perception of success.