Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Well as I see it Alfie, I'm having a little bit of a discussion with carmine who's opinions I respect and you want to seem to come in from the side with a head butt.

If carmine tells me I have got something badly wrong and talking like a piss pot, I have no problem taking it on the chin.

So after 5 or 6 of my posts about Lamela you come out with

Well as I see it Alfie, I'm having a little bit of a discussion with carmine

Should have just said straight away ! and as carms rightly said

Alfies point the other day about not buying Lamela had we the beauty of hindsight seeing the rapid rise of Townsend is a point well

i was the first one to bring up the subject of buying Lamela.

Anyway i think you need to man up a bit or just put me on ignore whistling.gif

Where would the fun in that be Alfie biggrin.png

• Like 2

And why did they let Caulker go?

All easy with hindsight maybe.... but there's a bit of a lack of joined up thinking creeping in?

when you probaly havn't even see him play many games not to mention any mistakes he made, plus he's been replaced by Chiriches so how is that "lack of joined up creeping in " ?

Do carry on having a pop and i will carry on knocking your digs back biggrin.png

Alfie, regarding Caulker I was surprised you let him go. I would like to say I have followed his career fairly closely due to him being a step brother of someone I went to school with. I don't remember any mistakes? Of course I haven't watched every minute he played but thought the club regarding him very highly and I was surprised you replaced him although I don't know much about the fella who you got in. Is he that much better?

YB

Well YB, there was 3 instances that i can remember and iv'e got a bad memory biggrin.png

I think with young players we have to rely on the manager being judge and jury, they get paid a lot of money to make these decisions and are watching the players every day in training and probaly see things that we wouldn't even notice in a match.

Watch Caulker at 2.23 on this : Stopping like an oil tanker springs to mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blyhZaBeM9I

Ha ha can't argue with that Alfie, that did look a struggle! And like Carms said, if he wanted first team football with Vertonghen rightly in front of him then its a good and the right move for all parties.

YB

All easy with hindsight maybe.... but there's a bit of a lack of joined up thinking creeping in?

when you probaly havn't even see him play many games not to mention any mistakes he made, plus he's been replaced by Chiriches so how is that "lack of joined up creeping in " ?

Do carry on having a pop and i will carry on knocking your digs back biggrin.png

Alfie, regarding Caulker I was surprised you let him go. I would like to say I have followed his career fairly closely due to him being a step brother of someone I went to school with. I don't remember any mistakes? Of course I haven't watched every minute he played but thought the club regarding him very highly and I was surprised you replaced him although I don't know much about the fella who you got in. Is he that much better?

YB

Well YB, there was 3 instances that i can remember and iv'e got a bad memory biggrin.png

I think with young players we have to rely on the manager being judge and jury, they get paid a lot of money to make these decisions and are watching the players every day in training and probaly see things that we wouldn't even notice in a match.

Ha ha can't argue with that Alfie, that did look a struggle! And like Carms said, if he wanted first team football with Vertonghen rightly in front of him then its a good and the right move for all parties.

YB

Always constructive replies on here YB biggrin.png

YB

YB

I would prefer to word it as 'happy to admit someone has a fair point'. thumbsup.gif

YB

YB

I would prefer to word it as 'happy to admit someone has a fair point'. thumbsup.gif

But i didn't admit that you had a fair point facepalm.gif

YB

YB

You didn't, I was admitting you had a fair point.

YB

YB

You didn't, I was admitting you had a fair point.

Complement Alfie at your own risk !tongue.png

• Like 2

And to think the FA commission is struggling !!!

Just get the Spurs fans on board & bobs ye uncle ..."no voice shall go unheard "

Could do a lot worse than have me,carms and smokes on there laugh.png

Wow wow calm down Alfie, only said you had a point regarding Caulker. Ha ha biggrin.png

Just get the Spurs fans on board & bobs ye uncle ..."no voice shall go unheard "

You already are the three stooges what more credit do you need.

• Like 2

You already are the three stooges what more credit do you need.

maybe they should write a book...

I think its a fair bet we'll be buying a left back in january.

Naughton is simply not good enough, right or left imho.

Chiriches is going to be a very good player. Now he's getting game time he's really starting to settle in.

All in all, a sensible team selection and also highlighting real squad depth. I'll say it again though, if Friedal isn't going to get any games then he shouldn't be no2. get a youngster in and play him in the cups.

Erik Lamela looks like a youngster sapped of confidence. This needs to be addressed quickly.

What news on Kaboul, Capoue and Rose? You have to consider this Kaboul knee problem could be career threatening and no news coming out from the club.

Good away win but AVB must have concern at how vulnerable the might Sherrif made us look attacking us down the right.

Hull are close rivals to Spurs in league position, but if the Lilywhites can't stuff the hell out of them at home, something's wrong.

I expect it to be at least 3-0

With respect to Hull, no ones managed to stuff the hell out of them thus far.

Hull are close rivals to Spurs in league position, but if the Lilywhites can't stuff the hell out of them at home, something's wrong.

Just hedging your bet wink.png with this Spurs team, 3-0 would be the minimum I'd expect at home.

Just hedging your bet wink.png with this Spurs team, 3-0 would be the minimum I'd expect at home.

If Spurs were to score early then thats very possible. If not its difficult as it is with every team that travels away for a point

If Spurs were to score early then thats very possible. If not its difficult as it is with every team that travels away for a point

I think a bit more optimism is needed, after all this is not a cheap team and Hull are........well they're Hull.

Surprised to see Holtby in front of Erikson today....and interesting to see how Townsend does on the left.

Vertonghen at LB happily as Chiriches and Dawson both playing well.

This will be an interesting one....but I'm not sure how effective Lennon will be against a Hull side who will surely defend deep for most of the game.

We'll see!

Well I thought we looked most dangerous when Paulinho got forward into the box and caused problems for the well drilled Hull defence.

Failed to stretch them and too much route one through the middle. Disappointing stuff but happy with the points.

Missing Rose badly on that left flank overlapping and creating space. When is he due to return?