Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Well I thought we looked most dangerous when Paulinho got forward into the box and caused problems for the well drilled Hull defence.

Failed to stretch them and too much route one through the middle. Disappointing stuff but happy with the points.

Missing Rose badly on that left flank overlapping and creating space. When is he due to return?

You don't know your arse from your elbow.

Well I thought we looked most dangerous when Paulinho got forward into the box and caused problems for the well drilled Hull defence.

Failed to stretch them and too much route one through the middle. Disappointing stuff but happy with the points.

Missing Rose badly on that left flank overlapping and creating space. When is he due to return?

You don't know your arse from your elbow.

I see you are on form again tonight. Its going to be a real pleasure to beat your lot this season.

Why on earth did AVB see the need to start with Paulinho and Sandro, at home against Hull?

I would rather have seen Eriksen start but thats a personal opinion. However, do you really need an out and out defensive midfielder at home facing a team thats come for a point? Surely Dembele should have started to maximize our creativity and unlock them.

Can't help thinking our build up is too slow. We always allowed them plenty of time to get back and organize

Three points but frustrating stuff and a very lucky penalty award

Quiet on here today boys?

Has the optimism of the early season started to recede already or are you just being cautious after the hammers game,Lennon's back could be good for Solly.

It was quiet yesterday MrEd but i think we were all still shell shocked, stunned into silence having watched that United defensive display against the mighty Stoke.

Can you imagine how many goals you would have conceded against one of the better teams? That would have had another 6-1 scorline written all over it

Another dubious penalty !!

How many is that this season?

You are struggling to score goals after spending all that bale out money aren't you!

And AVB does not seem to understand that the fans are not happy about this....fickle fans at the lane and AVB has just started the rot with his criticism of them.

That should give you boys something to go on and lets see if you can try and score against Hull again on Wednesday from open play........

Maybe

I noticed you did not reply to my above post biggrin.png at least we know we have problems and don't bury our head in the sand wink.png

Really!! Yet you think you can win the title!!!!!! If that isn't the most delusional nonsense i don't know what is

What do you think about the manager criticizing your fans?

There are two patterns of thought here. One, i don't agree with fans booing, end of. Thats an Arsenal thing and has no place at WHL. Secondly though, he does need to take on board some of the criticism. That performance was just not good enough and we only won with a penalty that never was. The team selection was wrong, the build up play too slow and we would not have scored without the help of the referee. Soldado id isolated and gets no service the way we are playing. I have no complaints with him.

I posted yesterday that we need to get an early goal and its game over. Yet he picks a defensive midfielder leaving Dembele on the bench. Thats just wrong. What on earth was he thinking when he decided we needed a defensive midfielder to defend against a team coming for a point? Its not as if Dembele isn't a good defensive mid anyway when he needs to be. Lennon is not an inverted winger so play him on the right or don't play him at all. I'd much rather play Chadli anyway, he's a better player.

I can really understand why the fans are so irked. Funny thing is we are a better side playing away than at home. Something i think you'll see next weekend on merseyside.

• Like 1

There are two patterns of thought here. One, i don't agree with fans booing, end of. Thats an Arsenal thing and has no place at WHL. Secondly though, he does need to take on board some of the criticism. That performance was just not good enough and we only won with a penalty that never was. The team selection was wrong, the build up play too slow and we would not have scored without the help of the referee. Soldado id isolated and gets no service the way we are playing. I have no complaints with him.

I posted yesterday that we need to get an early goal and its game over. Yet he picks a defensive midfielder leaving Dembele on the bench. Thats just wrong. What on earth was he thinking when he decided we needed a defensive midfielder to defend against a team coming for a point? Its not as if Dembele isn't a good defensive mid anyway when he needs to be. Lennon is not an inverted winger so play him on the right or don't play him at all. I'd much rather play Chadli anyway, he's a better player.

I can really understand why the fans are so irked. Funny thing is we are a better side playing away than at home. Something i think you'll see next weekend on merseyside.

Nice un-biased post. Fair play Carms. The penalty was shocking but that football, sometimes they go for you, sometimes against you. I hope you get one against you when you visit Anfield. smile.png

I am not saying it was in his mind, merely asking if you think it could have been: the West Ham result. They came for a draw. Anything in that or not?

YB

Nice un-biased post. Fair play Carms. The penalty was shocking but that football, sometimes they go for you, sometimes against you. I hope you get one against you when you visit Anfield. smile.png

I am not saying it was in his mind, merely asking if you think it could have been: the West Ham result. They came for a draw. Anything in that or not?

YB

First and foremost i have no problem with teams coming for a point (although it would be better as a spectacle if they play a striker, Sam) but the crucial thing for the home team is to try and get that early breakthrough. Nil nil at half time and the clocks ticking. We did not look like scoring without the refs considerable help.

AVB's team selection and tactics were flawed. The were also flawed against West Ham. I reckon Newcastle will be reasonably confident of a point if we go out the same in a couple of weeks.

I really loathe to hear fans and i personally never would but, they really do have a point. Were turning into a team of all power but no finesse and an isolated frontman.

Criticise the fans if he wishes, i've no problems with him showing his feeling but he must take on board the views from the terraces which are frankly quite bona fide

• Like 2

I appreciate your good and honest reply mate but for him to not understand the fans and then openly criticize them in a press conference is worrying and is the beginning of the end i think...... If Moyes went down that road at Old Trafford imagine the backlash!

How did Lennon perform yesterday?

See, you have your own bunch of impatient numpties that want an immediate return on their 100m player investment.

tongue.png

I appreciate your good and honest reply mate but for him to not understand the fans and then openly criticize them in a press conference is worrying and is the beginning of the end i think...... If Moyes went down that road at Old Trafford imagine the backlash!

How did Lennon perform yesterday?

Not very good but he was being played as an inverted winger of which he is not, he is your typical old fashioned winger, get to the bye line and cross the ball, not an inverted winger who should be a bit more cleverer and be able to suppport the centre forward !

I don't really understand AVB on Lennon, it was suppose to be that he didn't fancy him and that he might be leaving ! we have two other fellas who are better on the left side as an inverted than him and soon as he is fit he puts him in as though we have really missed him and on the wrong side at that facepalm.gif

Is Hull too big a team to throw Lamela in against?

Needs someone to do something different, this was drab?

Very good point Ups. This was an opportunity to start Lamela in a relatively low risk game. He can't get his confidence back without playing and he is capable of doing something different that this type of fixture needs

• Like 1

See, you have your own bunch of impatient numpties that want an immediate return on their 100m player investment.

tongue.png

same lot, season ticket holders sat behind the dug out. Still comparing every Spurs side to Nicholson's '61 team. same lot that booed AVB after he had been in charge five minutes.

Cheer the team and keep your opinions to yourself is my view and whilst i'm not happy about a few things as i've aired this morning AVB has the highest win ratio of any Spurs manager of the past 65 years and deserves a lot more than being booed especially after we've taken three points and gone fourth.

Not very good but he was being played as an inverted winger of which he is not, he is your typical old fashioned winger, get to the bye line and cross the ball, not an inverted winger who should be a bit more cleverer and be able to suppport the centre forward !

I don't really understand AVB on Lennon, it was suppose to be that he didn't fancy him and that he might be leaving ! we have two other fellas who are better on the left side as an inverted than him and soon as he is fit he puts him in as though we have really missed him and on the wrong side at that facepalm.gif

The real problem with Lennon is his poor final delivery, which is not so noticeable when the team are breaking from deep quickly.

In a more traditional attacking setting he is hopeless and rarely gets the ball across the six yard box for our strikers or the likes of Paulinho or Vertonghen.

Great against the top sides but not what is needed to break down a defensive team playing for a draw.

Very good point Ups. This was an opportunity to start Lamela in a relatively low risk game. He can't get his confidence back without playing and he is capable of doing something different that this type of fixture needs

It's games like this where he should be told to go out, show people what he can do and enjoy himself.

Seems like the current set up is somewhat restricted and conservative.

• Like 1

It's games like this where he should be told to go out, show people what he can do and enjoy himself.

Or boring?

Hallmark of a manager who may have become overly preoccupied with the prospect of losing rather than the real possibility of not just winning, but winning with style. He did study a bit under Mourinho.whistling.gif Not to say I dislike AVB, he seems a congenial and thoughtful chap. And, not doing so badly at the moment. As a Spurs fan I'd be hoping he really let's it rip in what will be some upcoming meaningless Europa League matches. As Carmine says, give Lamela free rein and see if he can't get him kick started.

• Like 1

Hallmark of a manager who may have become overly preoccupied with the prospect of losing rather than the real possibility of not just winning, but winning with style. He did study a bit under Mourinho.whistling.gif Not to say I dislike AVB, he seems a congenial and thoughtful chap. And, not doing so badly at the moment. As a Spurs fan I'd be hoping he really let's it rip in what will be some upcoming meaningless Europa League matches. As Carmine says, give Lamela free rein and see if he can't get him kick started.

He needs 'the raincoat' biggrin.png

AVB has the perfect opportunity to try a different game plan with Eriksen, Lamela and Chadli

against Hull in midweek.

He should rest Townsend, Paulinho, Soldado and put Lennon on the bench.

It will be interesting to see what starting eleven he goes with.

AVB has the perfect opportunity to try a different game plan with Eriksen, Lamela and Chadli

against Hull in midweek.

Totally agree with you.

against Hull in midweek.

Would be interesting to see how they perform compared with the three who played at the weekend.

Who behind ? Dembele and Holtby as the box to box perhaps.

Adebayor given a chance up front.

Having had longer to think about this i can't help thinking AVB has made a real gaff in his criticism of the fans.

He's basically told the opposition our players are rather uncomfortable playing at home. Just seems to have added incentive to the opposition.

He's a young man and maybe should have pondered his response a little longer.

Looking for a big reaction from the players at Everton.

Having had longer to think about this i can't help thinking AVB has made a real gaff in his criticism of the fans.

He's basically told the opposition our players are rather uncomfortable playing at home. Just seems to have added incentive to the opposition.

He's a young man and maybe should have pondered his response a little longer.

Looking for a big reaction from the players at Everton.

Yes I think you have a point. The fact that he said 'they spoke about it at half time' adds to it in my opinion.

But he's not criticising the fans, he's criticising the whingers and who really cares what they think? One decent win and they'll all be "They're the best thing since sliced bread and I've never said a bad word about them" again.

Every club has them. You would have seen an awful lot of them if Stoke hadn't defended so badly late on on Saturday.

But he's not criticising the fans, he's criticising the whingers and who really cares what they think? One decent win and they'll all be "They're the best thing since sliced bread and I've never said a bad word about them" again.

Every club has them. You would have seen an awful lot of them if Stoke hadn't defended so badly late on on Saturday.

Thats a fair point so lets say perhaps he should have been slightly more specific, because as you say, the real fans don't like these whiners either