Hiddink 8/1

Garcia 10/1

Hoddle 12/1

Mancini 14/1

Pochettino 14/1

Enrique 14/1

DeMatteo 16/1

Klinsmann 16/1

No price Russell Slade from the O's, must have stopped taking bets on him. laugh.png

Edited by uptheos

BBC saying he has left his post.

BBC saying sacked, bit different to left his post,,,facepalm.giffacepalm.gif

Merry Xmas,,,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25397167

It was before, they then changed it to sacked.

Bit surprised myself to be honest as 'if' you had won yesterday then you would have been in the mix. It can't be the points tally but must be the manner of losses.

Alfie, looks like we got our answer to my question about a month ago, whether Levy would be happy with a 7th place finish. He obviously doesn't see it as a 'transition' season. He obviously is expecting an instant return on his players he has brought in and demands top 4.

If I am not mistaken Levy's original target was Rodgers but Liverpool got there first. How ironic that he has sacked his manager after Rodger's new team played them off the park with the quick passing, movement and pressing he wanted to bring to Spurs.

YB

Edited by YoungBrit

AVB apparently has the highest winning percentage of all Spuds managers since 1899....Jeez, the rest must have been badbiggrin.png

it is pretty mental when you consider their league position. it's not like they're in a relegation dogfight. two awful results and performances against city and liverpool granted, but it still seems a bit crackers.

AVB apparently has the highest winning percentage of all Spuds managers since 1899....Jeez, the rest must have been badbiggrin.png

it is pretty mental when you consider their league position. it's not like they're in a relegation dogfight. two awful results and performances against city and liverpool granted, but it still seems a bit crackers.

When the camera focused on Levy, he looked like a guy who had done 100 Mil in cold blood.

Not surprised at all that AVB got the sack, the team have been playing badly

all season except for 2 games that come to mind against Norwich and Villa.

All the others were poor performances whether we won, lost or drew.

I never wanted him as our manager from the start,

2 reasons,

too young and inexperienced,

and he never played the game at any level.

What was Levy thinking when he appointed him, i just don't know!

I hope Levy has now learnt his lesson and appoints someone with experience

and pedigree.

"and he never played the game at any level."

one of the most inaccurate statements in football that, with respect. some of the best managers of the modern era either never played football at all or played at about dog & duck standard.

can see lots of reasons for wanting villas boas gone but think that not having played the game is pretty well down the list.

Levy must have somebody lined up to go straight in,it was probably done a few weeks ago as the position they are in is not bad....just imagine were they would be with a good tactical manager!

They are still in all the cups and if they get somebody who will change the style of play and try ang get some goals from the strikers all is definitely not lost.

I think Levy has been strong and made the correct decision and the Spurs lads on here will most probably be relieved that he has gone although they only started saying it after yesterdays hammering.

It is alright Carmine you can come out of the bomb shelter now .....it is actually good news for your club and bad news for all us that told you this would happen because he is <deleted> tactically with no experience your next manager will have experience and most probably be a lot better with his tactics,

In addition to everything else, Spurs can't score goals in the EPL and the fans are angry. Now their defense looks increasingly suspect. Not many managers would survive with that situation. It'll be interesting to see what changes a new manager implements.

I'd bet AVB will end up back in Portugal or in Spain.

So; All u White-shirted slags- (The colour of suurender)- who have insulted me over myself feeling the same about your ex-manager as your Chairman obviously does, can I have an apology for having been right all along.

From an apology of a team and a club, it would be significant.

I've been told i know nothing about football. But I think I know a little bit more than the comedian you suckers seemed to idolise for a while.

Keep doing well in UEFA's equivalent of the Coca Cola Cup.

Also, who is Levy when it comes to knowing about football? Like your ex, he's only in it for ego.

Edited by Soi Sauce

Don't hold your breath mate i have said he is <deleted> since they appointed him.

I wonder if Alfie will change his gay photo of Avb he has as is avator biggrin.png

I say let Gazza have a crack now that would be hilarious.

how long has levy been there now? because at some point when you're getting through all these managers you have to start questioning the people who are choosing and appointing them.

His uncle will never sack him - Jewish people always stick together

*sigh*

i suspect carmine is in seclusion somewhere with a bottle of whisky.

Carmel seems to be pretty quiet, he should be in seclusion anyhow irrespective of yesterday's result.

I'm hoping Spuds appoint a manger that fits their real status, Souness, Keegan and Gazza all spring to mind. Apparently Coco The Clown is busy in pantomime season so has ruled himself out at this point.

Edited by mrtoad

Interesting quote from one interwebnet pundit:

Having brought Technical Director Franco Baldini to the club in order to recruit new signings, the questions being asked about the quality of Spurs’ new arrivals have been unfairly directed at AVB. It seems to me that Levy is merely using Villas-Boas as a scapegoat to cover his and Baldini’s failings in the transfer market.

Interesting quote from one interwebnet pundit:

Having brought Technical Director Franco Baldini to the club in order to recruit new signings, the questions being asked about the quality of Spurs’ new arrivals have been unfairly directed at AVB. It seems to me that Levy is merely using Villas-Boas as a scapegoat to cover his and Baldini’s failings in the transfer market.

On that basis there's every possibility Baldini will get the job.