Tottenham Thread

chonabot

One of the most enjoyable games of the season. Emmanuel on fire. End of. TS back to basics worked today. 16 points from 18 admireable. COYS. But the top 4 need to be totally respected ...... Need to be outfoxed!

Yes Adebayor was excellent....and so was Lloris.

Can this Adebayor turn up every week please....cocky bugger! :D

One of the most enjoyable games of the season. Emmanuel on fire. End of. TS back to basics worked today. 16 points from 18 admireable. COYS. But the top 4 need to be totally respected ...... Need to be outfoxed!

Yes Adebayor was excellent....and so was Lloris.

Can this Adebayor turn up every week please....cocky bugger! biggrin.png

I thought Erikson played very well too.

Is Lamela injured?

• Like 1

Lamela is nursing a thigh injury. TS, before the Palace match, was reported as saying he wants to give him plenty of time to recover and not let it turn into something more serious.

Don't feed his obsession Ian! :D

Lovely morning by the way isn't it? :)

• Like 1

Fortunate to be up at half time....Swansea have attacked well there....let's take this by the scruff....no need for Soldado yet. biggrin.png

Good win, I think Tim has sussed out Soldadud's best position.

No, but i'll explain to you nonetheless. Its the least i can do.

Sherwood picked a sensible side on the day with the right formation. Secondly when you play a 4-2-3-1 and you have Adebayor on fire as he has been there is no one else to play the lone striker role. he's the automatic choice and theres few better in the world when he's fired up and in form.

Its as simple as that. Now troll off to another thread where your ignorance of our squad won't be so woefully exposed.

Lamela is nursing a thigh injury. TS, before the Palace match, was reported as saying he wants to give him plenty of time to recover and not let it turn into something more serious.

Thats not what numb nuts wants to hear Ian. Lets just leave it that we've pissed 30m up the wall, Lamela's 100% fit and about to be sold for a bag of chips.

laugh.png

• Like 1

Subs: Friedel, Naughton, Holtby, Soldado, Capoue, Defoe, Sigurdsson

Lamela miss the bus?

OBSESSED..........as you will by now know...he injured! laugh.png Please do one to another thread, we don't need your persistent trolling dear. or, learn a lot more about our squad, which striker is suited to which role. After that you'll need to move on to our midfield.

That should keep you occupied till next summer methinks

Thanks ian, just wondered why he wasn't even on the bench.

Lamela miss the bus?

OBSESSED..........as you will by now know...he injured! laugh.png Please do one to another thread, we don't need your persistent trolling dear. or, learn a lot more about our squad, which striker is suited to which role. After that you'll need to move on to our midfield.

Wow talk about obsessed, nothing much about the Spurs game but three threads directed to me. laugh.png Did you sleep?

Whether you want me here or not isn't your decision and if you think your insults will drive me away then you need to think again. I'll be here as often as I like and comment on any aspect of the Spurs team that I please. You're not in charge of this thread or its content though I'm sure that's how you think.

Regarding TS I think he's made AVB and all AVB's fans look rather silly, before yesterday's game 7% conversion rate under AVB but 24% under TS. Now he's playing Soldadud in his best position it's getting even better isn't it?

I was particularly pleased to see Danny Rose having a much better game; he's made a few howlers recently. The more he plays the sharper he will become - he will be a major asset if he can recapture his early season form, and at times needs to remember he is the LB and not a winger. Would be good to see Daws and Dembele getting a (verbal) grip of him on the odd occasion.

I was particularly pleased to see Danny Rose having a much better game; he's made a few howlers recently. The more he plays the sharper he will become - he will be a major asset if he can recapture his early season form, and at times needs to remember he is the LB and not a winger. Would be good to see Daws and Dembele getting a (verbal) grip of him on the odd occasion.

I'd like to see Dembele going at the defence a little more, the way Yaya does. He's big, strong has a lot of skill to scare any defence. Erikson showed some silky smooth skills and he's got quite a burst of speed which surprised me.

Lamela miss the bus?

Wow talk about obsessed, nothing much about the Spurs game but three threads directed to me. laugh.png Did you sleep?

Whether you want me here or not isn't your decision and if you think your insults will drive me away then you need to think again. I'll be here as often as I like and comment on any aspect of the Spurs team that I please. You're not in charge of this thread or its content though I'm sure that's how you think.

Regarding TS I think he's made AVB and all AVB's fans look rather silly, before yesterday's game 7% conversion rate under AVB but 24% under TS. Now he's playing Soldadud in his best position it's getting even better isn't it?

Repeatedly referring to our players as '<deleted>" Constantly taking digs looking for a rise. starts whining when its thrown back. You reap what you sow Mr Ups....Troll jerk.gif.pagespeed.ce.TMGfqs4Lzz.gif

I see Lewis Holtby has posted on his Facebook a Big Big Thank You to the away Spurs fans who gave him a good reception/recognition/chant at Swansea yesterday. Assumptions are being made that this could be a goodbye message. He's done well for us, but he will struggle to get a start for us anytime soon given our current midfield strength with other players on the cusp of return to fitness, bar a rotation place me thinks. Good luck to him if he gets what he wants.

• Like 1

Good point about the defensive side of his game. Same with Walker. Both great going forward but tend to get caught out of position defensively. Both young and will learn. Clever management bring on Naugthon and pushing Walker up. Kept the attacking theme whilst adding to our defense at the same time.

Vertonghen and Paulinho back for the City game. Defensively we'll have to be a lot tighter. I expect him to go for the same set up against them on the 29th and its going to be a huge test for us, not least of all young Bentaleb if he plays alongside Dembele.

Good performance good tactics and a very nice three points. Good job by Sherwood i'm delighted to saythumbsup.gif

• Like 2

Good point about the defensive side of his game. Same with Walker. Both great going forward but tend to get caught out of position defensively. Both young and will learn. Clever management bring on Naugthon and pushing Walker up. Kept the attacking theme whilst adding to our defense at the same time.

Vertonghen and Paulinho back for the City game. Defensively we'll have to be a lot tighter. I expect him to go for the same set up against them on the 29th and its going to be a huge test for us, not least of all young Bentaleb if he plays alongside Dembele.

Good performance good tactics and a very nice three points. Good job by Sherwood i'm delighted to saythumbsup.gif

Seeing how strong Walker is going forward perhaps we could play him instead of Lennon !

Seeing how strong Walker is going forward perhaps we could play him instead of Lennon !

Thats an idea thats been raised on here before. Its a lovely option isn't it because whilst you are tightening the midfield you keep the attacking threat. Walkers crossing is improving but still patchy. Mindyou, the same can be said of Lennon's for that matter.

Desperately need Vertonghen back for the City game.wink.png

Is Walker the fastest in the league? Can't be far off.

Lloris

Walker Vertonghen Kaboul Rose

Lennon Paulinho Dembele Townsend

Eriksen

Adebayor

Good side but i think we would need a holding mid and i would ditch Townsend, switch maybe Eriksen over and bring in Capoue for a 4231. (Obviously Kaboul right side Vertonghen left.)

Tough one this is. Needs a lot more thought in dealing with their attacking mid and the dog average Negredo!biggrin.png

• Like 2

Lloris

Eriksen

Adebayor

Good side but i think we would need a holding mid and i would ditch Townsend, switch maybe Eriksen over and bring in Capoue for a 4231. (Obviously Kaboul right side Vertonghen left.)

Tough one this is. Needs a lot more thought in dealing with their attacking mid and the dog average Negredo!biggrin.png

Much as I am a Danny Rose fan, I would be worried playing him against city.

Lloris

Eriksen

Adebayor

I'm not trying to be big headed here but I would hate to be a team currently trying to figure out how to stop our front men. At the moment they all tend to be given a free role and swap over from the middle to either of the wings, at will. Man marking and a rigid back four won't work, so IMO players who may not be your best choice in certain positions but who are more flexible in changing positions, may be the best way to go.