Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Don't agree about Mail - has a useful right wing purpose in journalistic life.

Mirror journalism = oxymoron. Despicable standards for 50 years and counting!

You stick up for and seemingly read a NEWS PAPER on its political leanings,,,, really ? Frankly the political leanings of a paper ,,,, , 4 me hold little consequence, what matters is coverage and accuracy of information, The mails articles are shallow, poorly written and have a v alarming tendency to sensationalize unnecessarily. Its quality of coverage of any news story, football included, against a decent paper,say the guardian,is just poor worst than poor its f[[[[[in awfuk and IMO just not worth reading. Its a paper designed for the ignorant who like to think they are informed but leaves them shockingly ill informed and ultimately ignorant, but hey that's just my opinion The mirror is just a comic and even worth discussing.

You stick up for and seemingly read a NEWS PAPER on its political leanings,,,, really ? Frankly the political leanings of a paper ,,,, , 4 me hold little consequence, what matters is coverage and accuracy of information, The mails articles are shallow, poorly written and have a v alarming tendency to sensationalize unnecessarily. Its quality of coverage of any news story, football included, against a decent paper,say the guardian,is just poor worst than poor its f[[[[[in awfuk and IMO just not worth reading. Its a paper designed for the ignorant who like to think they are informed but leaves them shockingly ill informed and ultimately ignorant, but hey that's just my opinion The mirror is just a comic and even worth discussing.

So now we all have to agree with you ???? We who read the Mail are ignorant according to YOU ??? Get a life <deleted>.blink.png

BT biggrin.png

Don't shoot the messenger mate, it's Glenda that's been blabbing.

I think he wants the job when Agent Tim gets tumbled.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/tottenham-transfers-spurs-squandered-86million-3266248?

Hoddle's win percentage as Spurs manager was in the mid thities so quite why he thinks he'd be any better now, especially having been out of top flight management for so long, is beyond me.

Then of course its in that garbage rag , the Mirror!

Seems inevitable Sherwood will be replaced but an absolute lottery as to the replacement. Everyone wants CL football and to make the big managerial step up without being in it is hard. Keeping players will be hard too and i think we're in for a difficult summer.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/tottenham-transfers-spurs-squandered-86million-3266248?

Really chic, quoting the mail and then the mirror ,,,, quoting them and expecting people to take you anywhere near seriously, even with that avatarrolleyes.gif becomes harder and harder. they're full of absolute nonsense, their quality control for printing an article is, along as they don't get taken to court then anything goes, They arn't called the gutter press 4 nothing , they earned it. Trash comics, full of nasty trash articles for nasty trashy shallow people,

Whether you like it or not Rijit, they are Hoddle's words.

Really chic, quoting the mail and then the mirror ,,,, quoting them and expecting people to take you anywhere near seriously, even with that avatarrolleyes.gif becomes harder and harder. they're full of absolute nonsense, their quality control for printing an article is, along as they don't get taken to court then anything goes, They arn't called the gutter press 4 nothing , they earned it. Trash comics, full of nasty trash articles for nasty trashy shallow people,

Yes Hodd said "Tottenham spent £110 million replacing Gareth Bale and Tom Huddlestone with a deluge of new signings in the summer. Good players, but not great ones.

Who has ever said we were buying 7 great players ! you don't get 7 great players for 100m !!!!! in fact you don't even get one for 42m biggrin.png

One quote from the Mail that made sense was 'Maybe they might produce next year once they've settled in and had another year in the Premier League but I think things need to settle

• Like 1

I'm only cutting and pasting from........ http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/466052/I-wasn-t-that-s-Gary-Lineker-laughs-at-Roberto-Soldado-as-Sherwood-defends-Spurs-flop

Soldado makes me realise I wasn't that shit.

Not a very nice thing for a TV presenter to say.

Edited by uptheos
  • Like 1

So now we all have to agree with you ???? We who read the Mail are ignorant according to YOU ??? Get a life <deleted>.blink.png

BT biggrin.png

So where exactly did i say you have to agree with me ? seems you missed 'IMO' and yeah by definition mail readers are ignorant, why? because the mail lgenerally eaves them poorly informed. thought this sums the paper up

The Daily Mail (aka, Daily Fail, Daily Heil, Daily Moan and so on), is a reactionary tabloid rag masquerading as a "traditional values," middle-class newspaper that is, in many ways, the worst of the British gutter press (only Rupert Murdoch's Sun is worse). Its weighty Sunday counterpart is the Mail on Sunday.

The Daily Mail is to the U.K. what the New York Post is to the United States, and what the Drudge Report is to the Internet: to wit, gossipy tabloid "journalism" for those who cannot digest serious news, with a flippantly wingnut editorial stance. The Daily Mail is notable among British tabloids for rejecting the standard red-top banner order to try to appear more upmarket and respectable, although it does sometimes go in for the full front-page picture or headline characteristic of the working class rags. It is also notorious for its frequent harassment of individuals, campaigns of hate directed at various minorities, and willfully deceiving and lying to its readers

It is a rag. One minute they are campaigning against the sexualisation of children, and yet on their website they are showing pictures of celebrity kids in "sexy bikinis" and the like.

Private Eye rips the pish out of them every issue and it's so easy.

No s--t,,,, einstein? Didn't he say it A FEW WEEKS ago during or after one of the spankings we got?, My point which was missed/ignored was, was actually was it worth discussing just because the mirror or THE mail dredged sky clips and were/are desperate for page fillers,,, REALLY,, so if you must,,,

So how many imports deliver consistently in their first season ? not many if we'd have signed 7 players over 18 mths and some of them didn't deliver would it be be such an issue? i don't think so , I cant honestly say I'm totally happy with the new signings, it would b dumb not to expect some issues, but ive seen enuf to see that theirs quality their and with some balance,,we can move positively forward. Going on to that, Sherwood is sometimes cast simply AS out of his depth, but 'out of his depth ' is a dumb arsed generalization for 'a learning curve', AND FROM what ive seen of him, time will bring him out of that learning curve, we can go and get some foreign mercenary coach whose ambitions for our club WILL NOT extend past the end of his contract, but in Sherwood we actually have someone who genuinely cares for the long term of club that is precisus and almost unbuyable , i'de say we've gone this far, give him a fair/longer go . going on his history thouhg I cant see levy getting his head a round that, can you

Soldado makes me realise I wasn't that shit

Actually gary i saw nearly all of your home spurs games and mate as a footballer you were borderline shit but as a goalscorer you were a touch

special .and b4 anyone asks,, yeah different skill set .

• Like 1

No s--t,,,, einstein? Didn't he say it A FEW WEEKS ago during or after one of the spankings we got?, My point which was missed/ignored was, was actually was it worth discussing just because the mirror or THE mail dredged sky clips and were/are desperate for page fillers,,, REALLY,, so if you must,,,

So how many imports deliver consistently in their first season ? not many if we'd have signed 7 players over 18 mths and some of them didn't deliver would it be be such an issue? i don't think so , I cant honestly say I'm totally happy with the new signings, it would b dumb not to expect some issues, but ive seen enuf to see that theirs quality their and with some balance,,we can move positively forward. Going on to that, Sherwood is sometimes cast simply AS out of his depth, but 'out of his depth ' is a dumb arsed generalization for 'a learning curve', AND FROM what ive seen of him, time will bring him out of that learning curve, we can go and get some foreign mercenary coach whose ambitions for our club WILL NOT extend past the end of his contract, but in Sherwood we actually have someone who genuinely cares for the long term of club that is precisus and almost unbuyable , i'de say we've gone this far, give him a fair/longer go . going on his history thouhg I cant see levy getting his head a round that, can you

But Sherwood ain't top 4 management level and learning curve won't take him there. Learning curve will take him where he belongs.

He's all mouth and no trousers mate.

Wow, what time is it where you live??? I must admit that really was excellent use of the word was, was it not? or was it wasn't? Who knows what it was. By the way an exclamation mark is actually much more efficient than the use of capital letters.

However, I agree with you about Sherwood, he will be cast aside like like a used Durex; a useful aid full of spunk but with no use in the wrong place.

1/ But Sherwood ain't top 4 management level 2/and learning curve won't take him there

1/ he's never been outside the top 6 so with a touch more experience, no reason why he shouldn't step up 2/ your almost right the learning curve alone wont take him there but the learning curve and a slight improvement from the squad could well.

It is a rag. One minute they are campaigning against the sexualisation of children, and yet on their website they are showing pictures of celebrity kids in "sexy bikinis" and the like.

Private Eye rips the pish out of them every issue and it's so easy.

mate in a weird sort of way u cant blame the business men and joarnalists, that run the mail they're bright and well realise what it prints is generaly bollacks and the paper is just a cash cow !! it's the f----ckin ggggg ijiots that read it and that buy it and by doing so.perpetuate its life and by paying for it more or less endorse the abso crap they print and then actually take what it says seriousely!!!! and get offended when questioned/challenged about it UNFRIGGIGIN BELIEVABLE.

I think it's the most successful newspaper website in the world or something.

Mostly because of the rubbernecking celeb stories, written by bitter, sour-faced, ugly harridans who aren't pretty enough to sleep their way to a columnist's job.

"Ooooh look Miley Cyrus has got cellulite"

"Ooooh doesn't Gwyneth Paltrow look old"

Etc.

1/ But Sherwood ain't top 4 management level 2/and learning curve won't take him there

1/ he's never been outside the top 6 so with a touch more experience, no reason why he shouldn't step up 2/ your almost right the learning curve alone wont take him there but the learning curve and a slight improvement from the squad could well.

Thing is Rij, you and i both know that our trigger happy chairman will fire him. Levy has made some dreadful appointments and its about time Joe Lewis started to point the finger at him.

Who knows who will be our manager next season but it won't be Sherwood and i doubt he really ever had a chance of getting a contract extension. Levy's just using his as a fill in because of his already dubiously timed sacking of AVB.

Don't want to argue with a Spurs expert carmine, but I don't honestly think AVB was the man either.

Sherwood's heart on the sleeve stuff looks like a reaction to AVB's cold analytical approach.

I might be totally wrong about this, but that's how it looks to me.

wai2.gif

sherwood just seems like a bit of a bellend and a gobshite to be honest. but then i never liked him as a player either.

he was a tv pundit for years and he never showed any evidence there of being particularly cut out for management.

Funny thing is, it looks like Mr Baldini is keeping a very low profile in all of this.

And he seems to be pretty central to the story.

Master politician?

If it was a business or a military exercise ( which is basically what top EPL is), the buck stops with the leadership.

The Generals.

Who they delegate to is why they can make money that makes Wayne's income look like pocket money.

BT biggrin.png

So where exactly did i say you have to agree with me ? seems you missed 'IMO' and yeah by definition mail readers are ignorant, why? because the mail lgenerally eaves them poorly informed. thought this sums the paper up

The Daily Mail (aka, Daily Fail, Daily Heil, Daily Moan and so on), is a reactionary tabloid rag masquerading as a "traditional values," middle-class newspaper that is, in many ways, the worst of the British gutter press (only Rupert Murdoch's Sun is worse). Its weighty Sunday counterpart is the Mail on Sunday.

The Daily Mail is to the U.K. what the New York Post is to the United States, and what the Drudge Report is to the Internet: to wit, gossipy tabloid "journalism" for those who cannot digest serious news, with a flippantly wingnut editorial stance. The Daily Mail is notable among British tabloids for rejecting the standard red-top banner order to try to appear more upmarket and respectable, although it does sometimes go in for the full front-page picture or headline characteristic of the working class rags. It is also notorious for its frequent harassment of individuals, campaigns of hate directed at various minorities, and willfully deceiving and lying to its readers

Then of course, there is The Observerclap2.gif

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BjZUpI-IgAAewmG.jpg:large

• Like 1

Thing is Rij, you and i both know that our trigger happy chairman will fire him. Levy has made some dreadful appointments and its about time Joe Lewis started to point the finger at him.

Who knows who will be our manager next season but it won't be Sherwood and i doubt he really ever had a chance of getting a contract extension. Levy's just using his as a fill in because of his already dubiously timed sacking of AVB.

I would agree with that. I've no idea if Levy is on any kind of hot seat but I think he would be with a lot of clubs, and not just owing to the managerial decisions.

yep on the face of it levy's made some questionable decisions, graham being the pic 4 me. But slightly in his defence how many managerial appointments can prem clubs and chairman look back and say that worked out well ? not many as they nearly all end badly . As for sherwood going, yeah rightly or wrongly , ive always thought unless he got top 4 he was gone . As 4 levy going , not a chance in hell, he's already got a stake in the club and no doubt lewis when he croaks will leave him the rest. Family aint it?

Edited by rijit

yep on the face of it levy's made some questionable decisions, graham being the pic 4 me. But slightly in his defence how many managerial appointments can prem clubs and chairman look back and say that worked out well ? not many as they nearly all end badly . As for sherwood going, yeah rightly or wrongly , ive always thought unless he got top 4 he was gone . As 4 levy going , not a chance in hell, he's already got a stake in the club and no doubt lewis when he croaks will leave him the rest. Family aint it?

Maybe Levy takes advice from the Daily Mail or Sunday Mail ?? ( I DOUBT it though more like the Independent) coffee1.gif

After the Tots get beat today Man Utd within striking distance !!!! biggrin.png

BT biggrin.png

• Like 1

Maybe Levy takes advice from the Daily Mail or Sunday Mail ?? ( I DOUBT it though more like the Independent) coffee1.gif

After the Tots get beat today Man Utd within striking distance !!!! biggrin.png

BT biggrin.png

Yep lets hope both you and Everton overtake us !!!!!!!

• Like 1