Tottenham Thread

chonabot

No respect for Pellegrini after notching the EPL his first season. I am outraged, furious and more than a little perturbed. I demand an apology forthwith.

Spent 90 million in his first season. on top of the 100's of millions by his predecessors.

Fat Sam could have won the league with that spending.

Fat Sam would have taken a s**t as usual.

Agree with most, if not all of the above posts.

But the fact remains, Arsene style appears to be the factor that stops them winning the EPL or progressing far in the CL.

Not the fact he hasn't got the money.

Maybe with a good window it will change for him and I am totally wrong.

They ship lots of goals against top teams.

To me Townsend looks the best of the three if he can step up...be more consistent and get better results from his crossing or final ball.

Nah smokes, Chadli by far the best. He's going to mature into a very decent international. Had a 90% pass completion in the world cup too.

Townsend and Lennon are one trick poneys that can neither cross the ball or pass properly.

chadli is a decent player and as for pass completion !!! he's a winger <deleted>, he never takes a chance get his arse flying down the wing and take a full back on needs a frigging rocket up his arse.

he's simply a better version of Townsend, who has stats of one goal in forty-one attempts and the goal was supposed to be a cross. Lennon is a waste of space.

so how is.he a better version of townsend? Edited by rijit

More van Gaal posts..................

Might i remind you this is the Spurs thread and we are not interested what van Gaal does.

I find it hard to believe that he is a real chav the way he sings the praises of other managers and teams, but I suppose due to the fact that he didn't go to go near the place until 1989 he's not really a Chels supporter anyway !!!!

Dead on Alfie. I've been thinking the same for a long time. His real love is POSTING on the internet and annoying far and wide.thumbsup.gif

Been following football a lot longer than jd though. smile.png

Factual point for alfie the pedant...first game I saw live in Brazil was at the Maracana in 1989. Not Stamford Bridge.

coffee1.gif

So was you one of the 6,903 ?

• Like 1

i think Arsenal might have won the league if Ramsey stayed fit (apologies for continuing off topic)

I'd agree except for the woeful defending against the big clubs. Does Wenger have a blind spot when it comes to his DMs ? Maybe he'll prove me wrong in a few days.

• Like 1

To me Townsend looks the best of the three if he can step up...be more consistent and get better results from his crossing or final ball.

Nah smokes, Chadli by far the best. He's going to mature into a very decent international. Had a 90% pass completion in the world cup too.

Townsend and Lennon are one trick poneys that can neither cross the ball or pass properly.

chadli is a decent player and as for pass completion !!! he's a winger <deleted>, he never takes a chance get his arse flying down the wing and take a full back on needs a frigging rocket up his arse.

To be fair Rij, he's not really a winger as in a 4-4-2 who's job it is to get to the bye line !

i think Arsenal might have won the league if Ramsey stayed fit (apologies for continuing off topic)

I'd agree except for the woeful defending against the big clubs. Does Wenger have a blind spot when it comes to his DMs ? Maybe he'll prove me wrong in a few days.

He always seems to fall just that 1 or 2 players short, may his form continue

He always seems to fall just that 1 or 2 players short, may his form continue

Gary Medel from Cardiff would fit the bill at Arsenal (and other clubs) for less than $10mil, but it seems he may be off to Inter Milan. If he was French instead of Chilean Wenger would be penning love notes to him right now.thumbsup.gif

Maybe Sanchez will put in a word for him....

Edited by jellydog
  • Like 1

To be fair Rij, he's not really a winger as in a 4-4-2 who's job it is to get to the bye line !

fair point alfie, so you really cant compare him to Lennon and Townsend. who are wingers, wingers and nothing but the wingers biggrin.png

but ulitmatly as a wide player he has to take the defense on, he just doesn't do it, looks at it and u can almost see him think no, i'm gonna pass

probably hense his pass completion rate carms was on about .Frustrating

Edited by rijit

fair point alfie, so you really cant compare him to Lennon and Townsend. who are wingers, wingers and nothing but the wingers biggrin.png

but ulitmatly as a wide player he has to take the defense on, he just doesn't do it, looks at it and u can almost see him think no, i'm gonna pass

probably hense his pass completion rate carms was on about .Frustrating

He's not really playing as a wide player, his job when in 4-2-3-1 is to cut in and make situations from there, the wide player should be the full back.

He's not really playing as a wide player, his job when in 4-2-3-1 is to cut in and make situations from there, the wide player should be the full back.

yeah for that formation, and in defense he does a decent shift, but the back is gonna overlap, but not always and more often than not quite rightly be it inside or outside he's left as the attacking option, and bottom line is he's got to challenge the defense but he just doesn't go drop his shoulder use his pace and power anywhere near enough, lets watch him this season. he got dropped from the belguim startin 11 at one point in the w/c, and there's no way to be sure but i wouldn't be surprised if it was a factor, waddle, who comes out with some crap, but often is quite astute in his player summery, espc about wingers picked up on it. but lets watch him and see.

spurs playin this evening in the states 2100 uk time

http://www.wiziwig.tv/broadcast.php?matchid=266863∂=sports Dempsey new mob, and ive got to say from what i saw of him in the w/c he could still have done a decent job 4 us last season, not set the world alight but id'e have him down for getting somewhere approaching 15?..Put that and the goals bale would have got, probably goas a way to painting a Little of the picture for our poor goal return.

• Like 1

Yep. We all have great hopes for Lamela.

But to be totally realistic, what are Spurs actually going to do?

facepalm.gif

hopefully play good attacking football.

You are going to have to do better than that rij, cos we've all heard the joke before.

facepalm.gif

You are going to have to do better than that rij, cos we've all heard the joke before.

yep its trite, repetitive and a touch dull mate.

yep, he seems to be such a fan of 'fleet of foot' players that he appears to forget the effectiveness of a bit of muscle but yeah in gen agree , also think the arse wipes were dead unfortunate with injuries. you pop a full season of a match fit wallcott oxxie and podulsky and their position and the top 4 could and probably would have looked a bit different

ide have money that pogba would help finish the building of that team.

Edited by rijit
  • Like 1

facepalm.gif

Absolutely nothing. Were not going to play any games and deliberately get ourselves relegated to the vauxhall conference.

See ya.

facepalm.gif

The usual drivel.

Dull and tedious ................you really are the "Guru of tedium" laugh.png

btw, the biggest joke is that with all the money spent on players and the squad you had last season coached by the second highest paid manager in the world and you still didn't win anything..........now theres a joke.clap2.gif

• Like 1

Yep. And when the Bale money came in, who was the manager?

Pochettino IS working clever.

Bit late though. smile.png

( Mourinho will be laughing his @rse off about the AVB and the little joke Sherwood. biggrin.png van Gaal will too.)

Might i remind you this is the Spurs thread and we are not interested what van Gaal does.

I find it hard to believe that he is a real chav the way he sings the praises of other managers and teams, but I suppose due to the fact that he didn't go to go near the place until 1989 he's not really a Chels supporter anyway !!!!

Dead on Alfie. I've been thinking the same for a long time. His real love is POSTING on the internet and annoying far and wide.thumbsup.gif

He is JUST A PAIN in the Arse biggrin.png

BT

<p>

_76381163_spurs1.jpg

Tottenham latest side to reveal new kit design
Probably the worst Spurs kit i've ever seen

I think that needs to be filed under 'trying too hard'

Last year you had one of the best kits, home and away. This year you are fighting with Man U for the worst!

Ours is the worst i've seen by a distance. All that red in it just makes it even more awful.

a dutch spurs fan iknow came up to me screching aiyaaa in the local bar friday nite, i honestly thought he'd totally lost it or.he was in real pain or maybe just the dutch.really are weird,,, wasnt until my other mate showed me the spurs kit i realised the f he was on about !!!

He is JUST A PAIN in the Arse biggrin.png

BT

That does seem to be the consensus BT rolleyes.gif