Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Seems Jan is about to pen a new five year contract and has given the finger to Barcelona. Curious.

no ian, <deleted> u've been watching football 4 long enuf, contracts mean jack shit, all it means is he's in 4 a pay rise and/or a signing on fee. the NEW contract just gives levy more leverage in negotiations when he does decide to go..

• Like 1

Crikey rij....I know its Monday....let the steam out mate!

yeah,but football fans smokes, players signing new deals and players leaving ???/ months later,suarez bale, it like happens ??? often, do they take absolutely no notice of frigging anything,.what does it take 4 it 2 sink into their heads,its like they try to act <deleted> dumber and fuckin dumber,new deals are like negotiation tools for the clubs and pay rises for the players NOTHING ELSE , no disrespect ian its a general comment not particularly aimed at you

• Like 1

yeah,but football fans smokes, players signing new deals and players leaving ???/ months later,suarez bale, it like happens ??? often, do they take absolutely no notice of frigging anything,.what does it take 4 it 2 sink into their heads,its like they try to act dumber and fuckin dumber,new deals are like negotiation tools for the clubs and pay rises for the players NOTHING ELSE , no disrespect ian its a general comment not particularly aimed at you

I know.....that Schederlein lad looks good value but more midfielder...?

Anyway up to our new boss.....doubt Levy will pay the asking fee myself.

yeah,but football fans smokes, players signing new deals and players leaving ???/ months later,suarez bale, it like happens ??? often, do they take absolutely no notice of frigging anything,.what does it take 4 it 2 sink into their heads,its like they try to act dumber and fuckin dumber,new deals are like negotiation tools for the clubs and pay rises for the players NOTHING ELSE , no disrespect ian its a general comment not particularly aimed at you

Good value? 27 mil ,,, cant see it myself. We aint exactly short of holding international midfielders and u'de have hoped a new manager with a reputation as a good coach would have had a DECENT CRACK at improving/orgonising them them b4 lobbing out a significant amount. and PLEASE a half crocked striker, who with the best will, wont give us ANY decent return until probably xmas, really cant see it t seems were really entering into the nether <deleted> zone. but as per i'll happily be proved wrong.

Whoops. You are right of course Rij. But for the moment it seems Jan stays, therefore a younger partner with the chance to grow might make sense. Anyone's guess though. So given Daws is out of the frame (?), who makes Captain this season?

Not sure I have ever seen 1-5-3-1 Alfie.

Whoops. You are right of course Rij. But for the moment it seems Jan stays, therefore a younger partner with the chance to grow might make sense. Anyone's guess though. So given Daws is out of the frame (?), who makes Captain this season?

Verts for team captain me thinks, as for the formation, it's completely new ian biggrin.png

did kaboul get any mins in the tour? took a few games but at the end of last season 2 me he started to look like he was getting bac his form.. mind u not surprising it took a while he was out for almost a full season, or was it longer.

It took too long....and he has looked patchy at best....Chiriches looked iffy too....and Dawson...well he just is a carthorse at times.

We need a centre back really as first priority....let's see what our new manager does after the tour.

he had a year out how long would you expect a player to take b4 he gets his match fitness bac?

no good just saying we need a c/b, what weve got if 5 c/bs but only one prem level left footed one.

and he aint much cop at defending.

You say Vertonghen can't defend which isn't the case mate. Last season he was a disgrace, he couldn't be bothered to play because his head had been turned by Barcelona. barca don't enquire about center backs that defend In his first season he was a formidable defender as he was in the world cup. I think a lot of the problem at Spurs has also been caused by him being constantly swathed from center back to left back but also never being able to play consistently with the same pairing. i think you will find that our new manager is very savvy in this department and should get the best out of him.

Personally, i would have been happy to sell him after last seasons exploits but the fact is we need him. My biggest concern is the player i have the highest regard for. Michael dawson. He's way too slow for a Pochettino high line

He isn't good value for 27m.

But seriously...another midfielder!!! Sort out the sodding defense first!!!!!!!!!

Verts for team captain me thinks, as for the formation, it's completely new ian biggrin.png

Yes i think so too. Mindyou, its hardly like he deserves the honour.

What i do want to see is leadership on the pitch to stop these pathetic capitulations

Yes i think so too. Mindyou, its hardly like he deserves the honour.

What i do want to see is leadership on the pitch to stop these pathetic capitulations

Yes Carms, not ideal after last seasons sulks, but who else is there ? plus giving him a bit of responsilbilty might help him !

Edited by alfieconn

What about the captain of the French national team?

He isn't good value for 27m.

But seriously...another midfielder!!! Sort out the sodding defense first!!!!!!!!!

Oops poor choice of words....I meant on the pitch. He's a good player...but as you say let's have a defender right now.

carms your making excuse s for him. he barely played lb last season. and last.season he only played with 2 lbs and a couple.of other cds nothing an international defender shouldnt.be able to cope.with He 'couldnt be bothered to play' cos barcelona were gonna/romoured 2 b coming in and doublin/ trebling his wages really!! he was a' f disgrace ' last season as a cd cos against quality he constantly got found out and let his frigging head drop. as 4 this w/c he was dropped as a cd after poor performances and got bac in the team as lb only cos of injury and played well and lets just hope your right about the potts

What about the captain of the French national team?

yeah good point forgotten about him. but weve written dawson off every pre season since b4 ari so leta not be so hasty.

lets cut the shit about this saints striker who after cruciate damage has to have doubts he can get back to what ever he was b4

and go and sign remy <deleted> @ 8.5 mil he's a total snip.

Looks like a can of worms or a dog's breakfast to me. smile.png

Not sure what game Pochetino is playing tbh. Might have to gone to Spurs to advance his career ( or his bank balance biggrin.png )

Could end in tears tbh.

Ahhh poor old mustang,, u feeling lonely? cant find any other chav's to banter withbiggrin.png wonder why?,

• Like 1

You have not seen Morgan Schneiderlins Twitter post then?

"6 years of an amazing journey #saintsfc DESTROYED in 1 hour !!!"

that one?

tbh I'm not exactly sure exactly what he meant.

could be he's left already or they wont let him go and he's pissed

but the ampton chairman said "Jay Rodriguez and Morgan Schneiderlin will be in our line-up as we move into next season," Krueger told BBC Radio Solent. "They will not be sold."

so your guess is as good as mine

actually probably better, you couldn't give a flying fuc about tottenham

so probably would be more objective.

lets cut the shit about this saints striker who after cruciate damage has to have doubts he can get back to what ever he was b4

Sorry kidder...11m to you guys (8.5m only applied to the big boys). #BlameArry

• Like 2

Sorry kidder...11m to you guys (8.5m only applied to the big boys).

yeah yeah yeah ure having a lark lane mate. no doubt another peice of crap' info' like the four failed medicals and tbh i wouldnt give a flying about us paying 11 mil 4 a current french international who over 40 games got of to a 1 goal in 2 game start

at 11 mil is a f-- ckin bargain.