Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Ups is right but the problem doesn't lie there. The problem lies in Levy's unrealistic valuations of the dead wood which, if not offloaded, as happens, hinders our manager in his new purchases.

Levy is well aware of what a great job Pochettino has done and it hasn't cost him any money. He'll be a very happy man.

ONLY IF LEVY can see !!!!!!!!

just too impatient...any manager needs time to change/instill the right mental attitude. but not too long !! 2 to 3 seasons is ok I think...not 0.5 or 6 seasons !!

To be fair, if he can see progression I think he'll be happy, plus he must be jumping for joy at the increase in value of some of the younger players since the beginning of the season smile.png

• Like 1

Ups is right but the problem doesn't lie there. The problem lies in Levy's unrealistic valuations of the dead wood which, if not offloaded, as happens, hinders our manager in his new purchases.

Levy is well aware of what a great job Pochettino has done and it hasn't cost him any money. He'll be a very happy man.

I'm a fan of Pochettino, when he took the job he was on a hiding to nothing.

I like the Spurs style of play, very quick good movement off the ball.

They have as good a chance as anyone to make top 4, if they continue along these lines.

I'm a fan of Pochettino, when he took the job he was on a hiding to nothing.

I like the Spurs style of play, very quick good movement off the ball.

They have as good a chance as anyone to make top 4, if they continue along these lines.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/top-4-finish

Have just returned from somewhere unpleasant for the past 3 months. Won't dwell on that other than to say the MotD coverage I managed to stream once a week was totally inadequate, and without doubt failed to properly reflect the transformation at the Lane since my last post. What I did manage to do was get up to Istanbul to watch the Arsenal game live last Saturday, albeit with Polish commentary - Happy Days ChicCoq, Great to see the Tottenham faithful still posting here and properly rebutting the idiots from the other threads. We have a good run in to the end, and should be able to sneak ahead. I do fancy Man Utd will be in the fray for 3rd/4th. So we need to get the pins into the Arse and. Soton me thinks. All in all, I feel confident for fourth spot, if we manage to keep Harry fit and he doesn't get nobbled.

• Like 1

welcome back from beyond iancnx smile.png potts has installed attitude and a strong sense of competitiveness in our team that, tbh, i dont think i've ever seen b4, not only did we out work and out play the gunners we bullied them and if we'd have had a decent gap between that game and the liverpool game i'm pretty confident we would have taken something from the game. As far as 3 rd or 4 place, ATM were not that far away, but were atouch thin up front,as you said take away kane and our goalscoring threat diminishes and we need a few tweaks at the back, but s i said we're not that far away clap2.gif

welcome back from beyond iancnx smile.png potts has installed attitude and a strong sense of competitiveness in our team that, tbh, i dont think i've ever seen b4, not only did we out work and out play the gunners we bullied them and if we'd have had a decent gap between that game and the liverpool game i'm pretty confident we would have taken something from the game. As far as 3 rd or 4 place, ATM were not that far away, but were atouch thin up front,as you said take away kane and our goalscoring threat diminishes and we need a few tweaks at the back, but s i said we're not that far away clap2.gif

Very similar playing style to Liverpool, high tempo, pressing attack, just not quite "better" yet though. Still Spurs are enjoyable to watch, think I'll tune in more often.

I wonder what ian did for his 3 stretch?

One thing that's good to see in the last couple of game is that that has been the youngest team put out in the premier league this season !

It's a shame they don't give medals for it really tongue.png

Well if they did you lot would certainly get a gold one for the amount of talking you've lot have done about Ibe and Can lately whistling.giftongue.png

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

Very similar playing style to Liverpool, high tempo, pressing attack, just not quite "better" yet though. Still Spurs are enjoyable to watch, think I'll tune in more often.

I wonder what ian did for his 3 stretch?

Same as normal with the dippers, they play half a dozen good games and then they start coming out with the above ! obviously havn't looked at the League table lately whistling.gif

Hi Rij, seems only fair to mention that there were just two solitary voices last season singing the praises of Harry Kane's potential - yours and mine. Also fair to say I think that the young boy has delivered far beyond our expectations. Happy days at the Lane and may they continue on the upward curve. I watched the Liverpool game and might suggest the unnecessary Rose challenge leading to the Pen was the game changer. Other than that we gave a really good account given the frenetic 90 mins played 3 days earlier. 4th place or not (and it is a tough ask) we should be very thankful to Poch for all he has done in such a short time relatively, and, I await in anticipation that he may well be able to influence DL into off-loading the dead wood in the Summer irrespective of financial losses sure to be incurred. Are we on the cusp of realising our full potential at long last after decades of being almost there? COYS

One thing that's good to see in the last couple of game is that that has been the youngest team put out in the premier league this season !

Well if they did you lot would certainly get a gold one for the amount of talking you've lot have done about Ibe and Can lately whistling.giftongue.png

You have to admit those 2 are fantastic young players, both going to be future stars at LFC.....or Real Madrid smile.png

• Like 1

You have to admit those 2 are fantastic young players, both going to be future stars at LFC.....or Real Madrid smile.png

Think you need to calm down a bit BB, after all Ibe has only played 2 full Premier League games and wasn't even a regular at Derby, shall we say that at the moment he has the potential to be a fantastic player !

Similar with Can, he has only played 10 Premier league games and is probably at the same level as our own Bentaleb who is in fact nearly a year younger, the only difference is that we are not going overboard about him at the moment.

So all in all your probably best to keep your over the top excitement to your own thread tongue.pngbiggrin.png

Footnote : I suppose we should thank our lucky stars that Harry Kane doesn't play for you then you would have cause to get excited whistling.gif

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

Think you need to calm down a bit BB, after all Ibe has only played 2 full Premier League games and wasn't even a regular at Derby, shall we say that at the moment he has the potential to be a fantastic player !

Similar with Can, he has only played 10 Premier league games and is probably at the same level as our own Bentaleb who is in fact nearly a year younger, the only difference is that we are not going overboard about him at the moment.

So all in all your probably best to keep your over the top excitement to your own thread tongue.pngbiggrin.png

Footnote : I suppose we should thank our lucky stars that Harry Kane doesn't play for you then you would have cause to get excited whistling.gif

Come on fella, we've not had a lot to be happy about for the first 4 months of the season!

Harry Kane?? He's just a Andy Carroll tongue.png

Come on fella, we've not had a lot to be happy about for the first 4 months of the season!

Harry Kane?? He's just a Andy Carroll tongue.png

NB. There should be a s-h-i-t-e before Andy wink.png

I can't remember a time when we've had so many quality youngsters at the club :

Livermoore

Caulker

Kane

Mason

Bentaleb

Townsend

Dier

Carroll

Winks

Ali

Pritchard

Veijkovic

Onomah

Yedlin

Seems like we can have Massimo Luongo back if we want him !

Absolutely right. Happy Days on the horizon. We should look forward to see how Carroll might fit in.

• Like 1

I can't remember a time when we've had so many quality youngsters at the club :

Livermoore

Caulker

Kane

Mason

Bentaleb

Townsend

Dier

Carroll

Winks

Ali

Pritchard

Veijkovic

Onomah

Yedlin

Seems like we can have Massimo Luongo back if we want him !

Absolutely right. Happy Days on the horizon. We should look forward to see how Carroll might fit in.

I take it this is a tongue in cheek comment ?

BT Sport 2 for Thursdays game smile.png

I was expecting it to be on ITV / ITV4. Hmmmmm. After missing so many games this past 3 months this is bo110cks.

So how do I get BT Sport 2 please in Northern Thai? Will happily subscribe to something new. I already have. CTH and Thai Expat TV. Thanks for any advice.

BT Sport 2 for Thursdays game smile.png

I was expecting it to be on ITV / ITV4. Hmmmmm. After missing so many games this past 3 months this is bo110cks.

So how do I get BT Sport 2 please in Northern Thai? Will happily subscribe to something new. I already have. CTH and Thai Expat TV. Thanks for any advice.

You can watch all European competitions and EPL football on 365sport.tv through internet subscription at 600bt a month, they email you a pay code and you can pay at 7-11 on a month to month basis.

https://www.365sport.tv/index.php

Oh, and it's on demand as well as live so you don't have to stay up all night to watch the late KO

matches if you don't wish to, just watch them the next day at your leisure.

• Like 1

not a terrible result for, baring four/five?, was effectively our b team, saying that we should have been home and dry by half time. Still 1 -1 @half time and all to play for.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by rijit

We were outstanding in the first 30 and a superlative strike by Soldado to put us ahead. Then they came back into it; a brilliant save by Lloris, put he couldn't hold, it was just too hard. A fortunate rebound for their goal. But that got them into the game and it became a chore. It will be a tough game in Florence. I suspect he will play the B team again leaving the first team to battle the league cup. Hellishly difficult choice TBH.

We were outstanding in the first 30 and a superlative strike by Soldado to put us ahead. Then they came back into it; a brilliant save by Lloris, put he couldn't hold, it was just too hard. A fortunate rebound for their goal. But that got them into the game and it became a chore. It will be a tough game in Florence. I suspect he will play the B team again leaving the first team to battle the league cup. Hellishly difficult choice TBH.

We only have ourselves to blame. Excellent for the first thirty minutes as you say but, that tie should have been done and dusted by half time. And again, a lack of concentration and poor defending let us down with Fiorentina finishing stronger.

Not out of it but very disappointing. Eriksen was poor i thought and looked rather jaded giving away too many loose passes.

Three big games coming up now.